hulika

Author Topic: Why do corksniffers hate everything that is made in China?  (Read 28564 times)

challengeofthegobots

Re: Why do corksniffers hate everything that is made in China?
« Reply #150 on: July 03, 2011, 11:10:28 AM »
So would you prefer these so-called musicians who work their butts off making music and trying to make a living ENDORSE inferior equipment instead of CORKSNIFFERS telling you what to buy?  Kasi kung ganoon lang BUMILI KA NA LANG NG FERNANDO.  FERNANDO has a poster of all these so called local musicians you respect standing behind Fernando and all look like that they really don't want to endorse the brand.  

I think that this is NOT a fair statement to make -- I mean its not an issue of compensation but rather of choice.  I do NOT want to make it a class war but really, the guys who have the money have better opportunities to pick out the better instruments.  IT IS A FACT.  The are other so called corksniffers and professionals who are richer than me -- way more richer -- but I accept that.  It is NOT my fault or anybody's that they are more successful in their choices and endeavors and thus are able to buy unquestionably better equipment than so called local working musicians.  If I look at a really successful musician -- Arnel Pineda (net worth of US$15million) -- he is not even a guitarist. If you feel that your current career as a full fledged musician has not garnered you enough wealth -- I too have to educate my kids, have to spend on medical expenses, pay for gas, pay for electricity, etc like everybody else -- by all means change your career or look for a better opportunity.  If music is all that you know and are not successful, then live by your means even if that means that you don't get all these high end stuff.  But, do NOT put down other people who are more successful than you specially those who are non musicians.  Not all so called musicians can play better than lawyers, doctors, professionals etc.  You would be surprised.
...in much the same way you shouldn't put down people who are less successful, who live respectably by their means and find satisfaction in lo-end stuff. And you'd be surprised at how many real musicians who are non-lawyers, doctors, professionals, etc. have as much hgih-end gear as well.

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2011, 11:31:54 AM »
I agree, only that people with less money have more talent  :-D because they invest their energy in developing their talent and not their wallet.

I disagree, I don't think may correlation between money and talent.

Practice is correlated with talent. Money is correlated with purchasing power. Simple enough.

One can have both, only one, or none.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2011, 12:17:19 PM »
...in much the same way you shouldn't put down people who are less successful, who live respectably by their means and find satisfaction in lo-end stuff. And you'd be surprised at how many real musicians who are non-lawyers, doctors, professionals, etc. have as much hgih-end gear as well.

I put down the low end stuff, not the people.  Because there are clearly superior hi-end stuff.  Are there are plenty of people here who project their low end stuff as high end when they are clearly not.  Hindi ito feel good na kanya kanya...  Given that there are real musicians with high-end gear, what do I call the musicians here who whine because they have low end gear? Less successful?  If so, they should not take it out on other more successful people. 

challengeofthegobots

« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2011, 01:19:02 PM »
I put down the low end stuff, not the people.  Because there are clearly superior hi-end stuff.  Are there are plenty of people here who project their low end stuff as high end when they are clearly not.  Hindi ito feel good na kanya kanya...  Given that there are real musicians with high-end gear, what do I call the musicians here who whine because they have low end gear? Less successful?  If so, they should not take it out on other more successful people. 
they don't whine because they have low end gear, they complain because some rich-kid who can't even play guitar like you pisses on the joy and pride in what they owned and worked hard for. But that's something you will never understand. So let me put in a way that you will understand:

Alex, ang taba mo at pangit ka. Totoo yan, kahit di mo tanggapin. Masakit di ba? Anong magagawa mo at yan ang binigay na muka sa yo? Kahit anong papogi, yon pa lang din ang nakayanan mo. At wala ka nang magagawa.

Now take 30 seconds to savor that thought, and let me know how you feel. You don't make people feel bad about themselves if that's all they can afford or able to reach. You don't gloat to someone starving that you're presently enjoying a five-star meal, that is just mean.

Can you understand that?

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #154 on: July 04, 2011, 11:07:51 PM »
they don't whine because they have low end gear, they complain because some rich-kid who can't even play guitar like you pisses on the joy and pride in what they owned and worked hard for. But that's something you will never understand. So let me put in a way that you will understand:

Alex, ang taba mo at pangit ka. Totoo yan, kahit di mo tanggapin. Masakit di ba? Anong magagawa mo at yan ang binigay na muka sa yo? Kahit anong papogi, yon pa lang din ang nakayanan mo. At wala ka nang magagawa.

Now take 30 seconds to savor that thought, and let me know how you feel. You don't make people feel bad about themselves if that's all they can afford or able to reach. You don't gloat to someone starving that you're presently enjoying a five-star meal, that is just mean.

Can you understand that?

Hahahahahaha. I literally lol'd.

Offline alvinratsim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #155 on: July 04, 2011, 11:49:14 PM »
Im so IN now
"If you want to play like the big boys, you've got to play what the big boys play"

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #156 on: July 04, 2011, 11:55:38 PM »

Can you understand that?
dati si Dwayne Wade ang idol ko... Ngayon ikaw na.
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline mikki_blinkme

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2011, 12:03:29 AM »

Can you understand that?

:-D yan ang banat!  :lol:

Offline spetsnaz1123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #158 on: July 05, 2011, 12:41:04 AM »

Can you understand that?

Ouch...
'one never fails until he quits trying'

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #159 on: July 05, 2011, 01:25:17 AM »

Can you understand that?
Boom goes the dynamite. Good analogy though.

Offline deathbyexposure

• Veteran Member
« Reply #160 on: July 05, 2011, 01:38:32 AM »

Can you understand that?

BOOMTOWN.

I remembered a quote I have heard years back. "Go fix your [gooey brown stuff] first before even sniffing someone else's".

IN.
How can you tell a person whether the band he or she listens to is RIGHT or WRONG?

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #161 on: July 05, 2011, 05:12:10 AM »
Yeah, and some of the corksniffers are fart sniffers. Look what happened to Freekish Blues.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #162 on: July 05, 2011, 05:39:53 AM »
......and i think, this is due also of the way they run their business. they dont like to waste any of the stuffs they make as long as they can sell it even if its broken or it has a bit problem( they even know that deep inside)......

This is so true. On an out of topic incident, once, a group of us dined in a Chinese, eat-all-you-can buffet restaurant. We saw an 8-year old kid dipped his forefinger in one dish, licked that finger, then dipped the same finger into another dish to taste it. We were disgusted and lost our appetite. One of my friends approached one of the Chinese staff and reported the incident. She added, 'Please throw away and replace those dishes'. The staff replied that they cannot do that and that they 'don't waste food'.
We just walked out of that restaurant.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #163 on: July 05, 2011, 06:54:28 AM »
@bart im sorry if i dipped my fingers in the chicken dumpling soup..

it was good though

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2011, 09:33:31 AM »

it was good though

hahaha! :lol:
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2011, 11:53:29 AM »

it was good though
Ginutom tuloy ako! :lol:

IN

Offline hack3rberry

« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2011, 06:49:42 PM »
 :-D :-D :-D
references: bossingboss, mandoytz, dewberry, guitbox, micsis, groundzero, jack72, mondemonle, blackmanika, progfather, mr_orange316, ricabb7, jon_caparas, r_chino18, joyrdindin, call_of_ktulu25, guitarer1105,Letour,Xelly,rtf_axeman,alalala

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #167 on: July 06, 2011, 12:18:34 AM »

it was good though

Dude, next time could you dip one finger per dish, please? NO DOUBLE DIPPING! Is that too much to ask? Sheesh!

:-D

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #168 on: July 06, 2011, 12:40:56 AM »
Dude, next time could you dip one finger per dish, please? NO DOUBLE DIPPING! Is that too much to ask? Sheesh!

you'll never know where the finger dipped first.......
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #169 on: July 06, 2011, 08:40:09 AM »

yes, no problem..i used my big toe today at lunch time!

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #170 on: July 06, 2011, 10:46:22 AM »
yes, no problem..i used my big toe today at lunch time!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline jbarot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #171 on: July 06, 2011, 04:23:43 PM »
at least its just toes and fingers.  not THE other body part :-D :wink:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 05:19:30 PM by jbarot »

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #172 on: July 07, 2011, 12:02:42 AM »

Can you understand that?

And, people accuse me of being an @$$. At any rate, you made a good argument here, despite the fact that looks had nothing to do with playing either.

Thing is, we HEARD him play. We know he sucks at playing because he played, with video.  If I heard right, he made an appearance in a meet-off, making him man-enough to show his face.  I may not like his attitude towards low-end gears, but, between the two of you, he showed his face.

While you remain all talk.  Which, based on your comment above, makes it more and more obvious that YOU are the only one affected and offended by fm55's shenanigans.  It makes you seem envious of his gears.  And maybe, just maybe, you're uglier than he is.

Because, in all fairness, since he can afford a USD5000 Baker, he can sure as hell change his looks (though, no amount of money can pay for talent).  If he does that, where does it leave you?

Do you understand that?

-----

Speaking of which, in the spirit of the thread title (though I'm not sure if China has to do anything with the point I just made and about to make):

There are guitars.  There are effects.

But then, there's AJ.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9598262

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10738452

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10604108

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:30:13 AM by matanglawin »
X2M Coffee Moment: Did want You

New Manila Sound

Offline gradual nothing

• Veteran Member
« Reply #173 on: July 07, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »
maybe the quality??? but i dont have a problem on things on made in china!=) because almost everything nowadays are assembled on them,
and that's the fact you have to accept. :evil:
the avatar of the avante guarde

"you make the sound with your hands and you can fine-tune it with your gear"  --  ALLAN HOLDSWORTH

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #174 on: July 07, 2011, 12:34:28 AM »
I agree, only that people with less money have more talent  :-D because they invest their energy in developing their talent and not their wallet.

Untrue.  There is no correlation between talent and socio-economic standing. 
X2M Coffee Moment: Did want You

New Manila Sound