hulika

Author Topic: "Class A" Ibanez Jems  (Read 15072 times)

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
Re: "Class A" Ibanez Jems
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2011, 11:55:29 AM »
I know someone who charges at a very reasonable rate/price. Quality is superb!  :wink:

rufo? i think he's far from most guys

Bry, if it already feels, sounds and plays good, then he doesn't have to change anything, does he? :-D

well yeah, but as far as copies go..i cant vouch for these especially the ibanez fakes..nobody has nailed a pre-production clone..nobody..and i thought when i had mine copied the cad and specs would be all over the place..nope, i tell you only a few will actually give you what you want..(mine came with an edge style trem that broke after a few days), needed a full fret level, electronics suck..but it had a good feel, but thats ok to me since i know what to do with it..and it cost me 120-usd shipped this was 2007

OT:
all these "my supplier my supplier" talk is all middle men, if you want a clone get the specs right..

what Vhunter details is true but point 4. is also true to guitars around 300-800usd range( PRS SE included)..guitar fretwork quality should be important..

but yeah stop buying fakes(brand name copies with the brand logo), this is only a DIYer guitarTinkerer's toy..if you're a musician looking for a guitar you can depend on  get a pre prod guitar..and go from there..

Offline arpeggiosfromheaven

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 11:59:56 AM »
looks nice, for a copy.  :lol:

+1..

pero I'll gor RG na lang.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 12:00:40 PM »
rufo? i think he's far from most guys

well yeah, but as far as copies go..i cant vouch for these especially the ibanez fakes..nobody has nailed a pre-production clone..nobody..and i thought when i had mine copied the cad and specs would be all over the place..nope, i tell you only a few will actually give you what you want..(mine came with an edge style trem that broke after a few days), needed a full fret level, electronics suck..but it had a good feel, but thats ok to me since i know what to do with it..and it cost me 120-usd shipped this was 2007

OT:
all these "my supplier my supplier" talk is all middle men, if you want a clone get the specs right..

what Vhunter details is true but point 4. is also true to guitars around 300-800usd range( PRS SE included)..guitar fretwork quality should be important..

but yeah stop buying fakes(brand name copies with the brand logo), this is only a DIYer guitarTinkerer's toy..if you're a musician looking for a guitar you can depend on  get a pre prod guitar..and go from there..

Yes. But there are others as well. :-)
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 12:06:41 PM »
Yes. But there are others as well. :-)

Ahvia? Micsis?...other than that..there's a bunch in cebu haha

Offline spankyrigor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 12:07:19 PM »
BTW in this context, the term "Class A" is short for "Class A Imitation", referring to the varying levels of quality among copies (or fakes or whatever). In the case of rubber shoes sold in Cartimar, there existed "Class B" and "Class C". Eventually the supplier figured nobody was buying the Class B or Class C items, (hindi na talaga mukhang Nike yung mga sapatos) so they stopped churning those out. Needless to say there was still quality control even with their line of work.  :lol: Same thing with apparel, bags, perfumes, etc. Nowadays lahat ng Fake ay "Class A".

Buyer beware nalang talaga.

We are the authorized Philippines Dealer for the following brands:

www.strymon.net * www.maxonfx.com * www.voodoolab.com * www.godlyke.com * www.neunabertechnology.com * www.mieffects.com * spudmusicmnl@yahoo.com 09165923814

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 12:08:07 PM »
this is only a DIYer guitarTinkerer's toy..

It's good enough to bastardize and play around.

BTW in this context, the term "Class A" is short for "Class A Imitation", referring to the varying levels of quality among copies (or fakes or whatever). In the case of rubber shoes sold in Cartimar, there existed "Class B" and "Class C". Eventually the supplier figured nobody was buying the Class B or Class C items, (hindi na talaga mukhang Nike yung mga sapatos) so they stopped churning those out. Needless to say there was still quality control even with their line of work.  :lol: Same thing with apparel, bags, perfumes, etc. Nowadays lahat ng Fake ay "Class A".

Spanky is right, it's not only happening on musical instruments. I think it's not a Pinoy thing when they say "Class A", try to go to 168 Mall and talk to the pure blooded Chinese traders there, they would still say it's "Class A".
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:10:21 PM by stringman »
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 12:09:12 PM »

Haha! And here you are talkin' about how far Rufo is from most guys.hahaha! :-D
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 12:12:08 PM »

+1. :D

mas madami dun. guitar capital yata yun ng Pinas. :-D

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 12:17:52 PM »
Haha! And here you are talkin' about how far Rufo is from most guys.hahaha! :-D

Disagree... these guys are still far off from an Ibanez prestige.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 12:24:51 PM »
It's good enough to bastardize and play around.

yesh! as long its worth the Time lol

@spanky

i like what you're saying..yes Buyer Beware!,

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 12:26:27 PM »
BTW in this context, the term "Class A" is short for "Class A Imitation", referring to the varying levels of quality among copies (or fakes or whatever). In the case of rubber shoes sold in Cartimar, there existed "Class B" and "Class C". Eventually the supplier figured nobody was buying the Class B or Class C items, (hindi na talaga mukhang Nike yung mga sapatos) so they stopped churning those out. Needless to say there was still quality control even with their line of work.  :lol: Same thing with apparel, bags, perfumes, etc. Nowadays lahat ng Fake ay "Class A".

sales talk is all.  fake is a negative-sounding word while class A sounds good.  :-D

is this based on pre-judgments or actual experience?
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 12:52:37 PM »
it looks good for a copy, not an exact copy but still it's eye candy lol, don't know how it plays though

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 01:03:04 PM »
mga sirs , hindi ba ito offensive against the seller? :-)

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 01:09:07 PM »
mga sirs , hindi ba ito offensive against the seller? :-)

If he's really into the business, he must accept consequences.
But yeah. If I were the seller, this thread might have offended me. But business is business.

This "class A" term must have a basis.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2011, 01:13:37 PM »
If he's really into the business, he must accept consequences.
But yeah. If I were the seller, this thread might have offended me. But business is business.

This "class A" term must have a basis.

yeah yer right. business is business.

Offline max28

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 01:17:12 PM »
idk if you missed it or not. it's not MIJ.. it's MIK the ts stated it so. for me, for the 12k i'll just buy a nice 2nd hand s series(i prefer it more than rg).
and fyi, it doesn't have the jem feel and tone. i tried one and compared to my personal jem(which i traded to make way for a newer jem coming this july or august. lol) it's really different.
this!
maganda talaga S series masgusto ko to kesa sa mga RG's

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 01:38:00 PM »
I doubt if it's Korean, but in fairness it looks good.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2011, 01:45:24 PM »

Alex, how old are you? At exactly what age did you stop attending school?

Bryan and I are talkin' about "far" location-wise. You've got some comprehension issues, Alex.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2011, 01:49:17 PM »

is this based on pre-judgments or actual experience?

Well, I guess that includes his bestfriend luthier, Arie.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2011, 01:50:27 PM »
I doubt if it's Korean, but in fairness it looks good.

its chinese, it screams it..taobao has more interesting pieces lol(well strat types)

Offline markezekiel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2011, 02:56:50 PM »
thanks for the input guys! ill just upgrade nalang pala my rg instead of buying those and hopefully magkaroon ng "hiyaw" gitara ko..hahaha!

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2011, 03:21:21 PM »
even if you buy ten or twenty of those "class a" jems, it will not stand against an original used or beaten up ibanez jem

just to spice up the gas

:lol:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 03:28:24 PM by randymarsh »
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline markezekiel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2011, 05:12:09 PM »
tomo!  :-D :-D :-D :-D

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2011, 07:21:42 AM »
Take a look at the ARAM line of guitars specifically models AIV-326MR and AIV327MBL

Offline thunder_shadow(raikage)

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2011, 08:33:04 AM »
kung wala kang pera pambili ng orig na jem d2 ka nlng tpos tadtarin mo nlng ng DIMARZIO's Na P.U

tpos konting sanding sa neck sa luthiers..tapos ang usapan... gumastos ka lng ng round 25-30k halos kamukha na..

120k isang orig na jem d2 sa pinas...BNEW...

you save round 80k...