hulika

Author Topic: Why mostly band group failed? Is it Money or Attitude?  (Read 6961 times)

Offline IncX

Re: Why mostly band group failed? Is it Money or Attitude?
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 04:41:15 PM »
i have a shorter answer this time.

money.

when a band doesnt get money or is going nowhere, they eventually get tired of playing together ... especially when there are other more fun things to do: new friends, gf, family, business, work, etc.

lets face it ... playing in a band requires a lot of effort even when you are doing it for fun.

Offline alittleless16

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2012, 04:51:22 PM »
Why mostly band group failed?

Its an question answering easy. Its because the OVER IS HONEYMOON.

Is first scenario. People probleming about direction band. Someone wants covering, someone wants compositioning. Someone wants MAKING MONEY THRU BANDING, someone wants STARVING ARTISTRY. Someone wants DEATH KPOP, someone wants BUBBLEGUM BLACK MITAL

Is second scenario. People probleming about mixing the BAND with the WORKING and the FAMILY and the bandmates do not understanding.

In scenarios both they make tanim the SAMA NG LOOB until it MAKE APAW to the point of SUNTUKAN and PIKUNAN and BANGAYAN and CATFIGHTAN (only when it coming to ol gurl bands or bands two members female or more), you know?

When it over there is no more BANDING in the BAND.

english good good. Is teacher you Jimmy Santos? Teach he very talent. Learning a lottery easy with he.

Offline vitek

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2012, 10:36:41 PM »

Both :-D
♫ Transgression and Instrumental Virtuosity ♫                                                             

Offline silverbolt1097

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2012, 11:44:40 AM »
Might as well update my comment here.

but here's my take on the topic...

1.  attitude problems.  this covers dictators, latecomers, members who always expect to be adjusted to without adjusting to the others (can't put that anymore succinctly), musical elitists, etc.
2.  lineup changes.  wala tayo sa 'tate where it doesn't take long for someone to step in and make himself/herself at home with the band.  sa atin, mas focused tayo sa bonding element ng pagbabanda, at pag may isang member na nawala sa banda, mahirap nang ibalik ang momentum.  in many cases, pag may isang kumalas sa banda, the others think disbanding is the best, and only option...
3.  drugs.  hard drugs, not marijuana.  need i say more?
4.  babae.  this covers girlfriends/wives who don't let their boyfriends/husbands play music, girlfriends/wives who take up most of the time of bandmembers, and sometimes, di pa nga gf o misis, kundi other woman.  little wonder why "yoko ono" is a universal term for a woman who destroys a band...
5.  work, especially call center work.  paiba-iba ang shift, pahirapan magfile ng leave, and the very fact that this is usually a nightshift job.  i work in a BPO but i always advise bandmates looking for a career change to make call center work a last option.
6.  musical burnout.  suddenly the loudest metal band in the neighborhood wants to go the tugtog-pera route and play pop and R&B covers...why?  because, in the words of roger murtaugh (aka danny glover of "lethal weapon" fame), "i'm getting too old for this s**t!"

Agree ako sa lahat ng sinabi ni sir Endshiftresign most especially the ones I emphasized in bold letters.

#1. Yung laging late sa band practice/recording/gig tapos siya pa ang pinaka-malapit sa studio/venue ng gig!!!. Attitude problem talaga yan, kahit saan anggulo mo tingnan. Usual excuses "matrapik eh" o "walang masakyan" gasgas na masyado. Umalis ka ng maaga sa bahay mo para hindi ka ma-late. Tapos!!! Yung mga gustong maging bandleader pero kulang naman sa gamit at manghihiram pa sa gig at lagi rin late at ayaw magpractice or magprepare for the gig. Hindi nagrereply sa text kahit alam mong active ang account nya tapos postpaid unlimited text/call to all networks siya.

#4. Sa tingin ko "Yoko Ono" din ang tawag sa gf/wife/bf na LAGING kasama kahit sa practice lang. As much as possible, gusto ko kami lang talaga magbabandamates ang nasa loob ng studio and no one else.

#5. Malabo talaga pag nasa call center ka at agent ang posisyon mo... and the hassle of it: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=231196.msg3359052#msg3359052

Pag call center agent ka, you'll have to expect:

1. Weekday RD's that changes every 3 months or so.
2. Your shift may suddenly change from time to time depending on business need.
3. Before you get the sat-sun/weekend RD's, dapat maganda metrics mo as your gatekeeper.
4. Hindi lahat ng call center agents working on a "fixed dayshift and fixed weekends off" are forever, ilalagay din kayo sa panget na timeslot and RD panigurado. End result: apektado na ang banda nyo which may lead to disbandment.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:58:40 AM by silverbolt1097 »
I am the dark side of you

Offline chutchutmamiko

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2012, 01:05:11 PM »
IMHO... Change of priorities in life.. which comes down to MONEY for those who are not well-off financially. Because if you have a family to support and the pay for being a musician is not enough, then you will look for an alternative source of income in a different job.

I know because this is what i and my other bandmates did and our band was disbanded.
PEACE AND LOVE AND GOOD HAPPINESS STUFF... :) - STEVE VAI

Offline krizanto86

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2012, 01:23:22 PM »
"I have a confession..I'M GAY"-(StillWater drummer line from the Almost Famous Movie) :lol:
"To each and his own"

Offline markezekiel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2012, 10:21:11 AM »
Why? What is the reason behind    :?

I think attitude    :roll:

What about yours    :|

1 hit wonders.

wala ng kasunod na material...

Offline miccheck.soundtest

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2012, 11:33:58 AM »
1 hit wonders.

wala ng kasunod na material...

agree. flavor of the month lang.

on another note. nakakahilo yung thread title. parang manual ng pirated product na made in china.  :lol:  :-D

mostly band group fail, the because of this is the reason of attitude maltreatments. band member actions in rotten form will make the band difficult to success. what a friends.

Offline ranzky72

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2013, 12:23:14 AM »
agree. flavor of the month lang.

on another note. nakakahilo yung thread title. parang manual ng pirated product na made in china.  :lol:  :-D

mostly band group fail, the because of this is the reason of attitude maltreatments. band member actions in rotten form will make the band difficult to success. what a friends.
pasensiya na walang pambayad sa internet kaya ngayon lang ulit nakapag post  :)
Music adds years to your life, it is a source of inspiration, expression and stress relief.

Offline makkkkk

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2013, 04:03:45 PM »

I am a former band member and it isn't just attitude or money why I left the band, that lead to its failure.
I left the band to focus on my studies; that time I am having a hard time with my school subjects which fears me of failing college.
I am not saying that being in a band isn't good while taking schooling, there is nothing bad if we can manage both areas of discipline.
It just happens that I choose to leave the band to focus on my studies which works fine to me. I graduated in year 2010 with a degree in Mechanical Engineering.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:18:34 PM by makkkkk »

Offline half_empty

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2013, 07:23:18 AM »
both.. lalo na pag gigging out of town and walang trabaho ang ibang members.. and syempre ang attitude.. gusto leader lahat, wala talaga mapupuntahan..

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2013, 10:26:15 AM »

I am a former band member and it isn't just attitude or money why I left the band, that lead to its failure.
I left the band to focus on my studies; that time I am having a hard time with my school subjects which fears me of failing college.
I am not saying that being in a band isn't good while taking schooling, there is nothing bad if we can manage both areas of discipline.
It just happens that I choose to leave the band to focus on my studies which works fine to me. I graduated in year 2010 with a degree in Mechanical Engineering.

good attitude! :)
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...