hulika

Author Topic: What Makes You Quit a Band?  (Read 8424 times)

Offline IncX

What Makes You Quit a Band?
« on: August 13, 2011, 06:47:05 PM »

ok, the common reasons are "im not happy" "musical differences" "nakakainis ang guitarist namin" etc ... pero this thread would be more fun if you expound, and include stories on why and how you quit and your current relationship with the previous members.

Offline vorg147

Re: What Makes You Quit a Band?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 12:13:19 AM »
time, ung tipong 3pm ung meeting time tapos 4pm ung jam. 7:30pm wala pa sa studio tapos 10:30pm na nakapag jam  :|
Height and age doesn't matter...

Offline dreamhaus09

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 03:58:19 PM »
time, ung tipong 3pm ung meeting time tapos 4pm ung jam. 7:30pm wala pa sa studio tapos 10:30pm na nakapag jam  :|

Dapat pla sasabihin "Tol, 7am kita-kita na tayo para makapag jam tayo ng 8am" Sakto mga 3mp mag dadatingan na yang mga yan,.  :lol:

BTT: karaniwan talaga yung "musical diff."  :-)

www.ProjectSmithereen.lens.ph
500px.com/projectsmithereen Canon EOS 1000D | Canon a3100 IS

Offline KASALANAN

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 06:07:56 PM »
pagnaramdaman mong wala na yung SPARK sa inyo pagtumutugtog kayo :-)

pagnagulat ka at madame palang masamang sinasabe sa likod mo yun kabanda mo (whereas habang magkasama kayo akala mo ok ang tropahan niyo)

pag ang isa sa inyo gusto talagang pang masa yun tugtugan kasi daw "gusto niya na pagkakitaan yun talent niya" well oo in a way tama yun, pero its not about the music anymore :lol:

well my previous band disbanded because we had our own careers to follow, our drummer left for the states, our other guitarist joined another metal band, our vocalist pursued his career as his GF's pet aside from being addicted sooooooooo much with gundams wtf, our bassist pursued his career (well atleast we're starting another band). as for me im happy working and im in another band

kahit ganun yun nangyare sa banda namen, we sometimes have drinking sessions, pero hindi na sumagi or naging topic sa inuman na magkabalikan pa yun banda namen
references:mrpentatonic,mavsweep,pepeman,guitarpoets, studiowan,shredmaestrobri,sereyor,darkflan,maniacally_cool,bentoinks, kurseth,caloi,alcohol,ryansatriani,rg570,jhule77,ARIS,freongang,jamesroy,brianlp,nimrodthebomber,gruthang,inigo,buls,tapslore,

Offline IncX

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 06:45:45 PM »
hahaha!

"career being a gf's pet"

i like that part @ KASALANAN

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 08:38:11 AM »
lack of creative freedom as a drummer.

i believe i shared this in a couple other threads, but i'll make it short and sweet.  just because i'm a business graduate and the band's drummer shouldn't restrict me to handling the money, scheduling practice and booking gigs...but not being allowed to share a single musical idea.  pati style ng pag-drums, nakikialam yung "diktador" namin sa banda...

i finally quit that band after five years, in june of last year.  had a really ugly falling out with the dictator guy.  we did become good friends again towards the end of last year, and i'm considering rejoining the dormant lineup.  what bothers me, though, is that in this guy's mind, i never even had left the band.   :|
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 11:03:23 PM by Endshiftresign! »
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline jvmunoz

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 08:49:04 AM »
On my part, bad trip kasi pag may suggestion akong original composition sa group at hindi sila interested at todo encouragement ko sa kanila para mag-grow ang banda...Gusto pala nila showband/amateur cover band na lang hanggang sa mabuwag na lang dahil magsasawa rin sa ginagawa. Walang solid plan or lack of enthusiasm siguro ang factor kung bakit ang karamihan ningas cogon lang ang mga startup na banda.

Offline IncX

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 10:17:46 AM »
lack of creative freedom as a drummer.

i believe i shared this in a couple other threads, but i'll make it short and sweet.  just because i'm a business graduate and the band's drummer doesn't restrict me to handling the money, scheduling practice and booking gigs...but not being allowed to share a single musical idea.  pati style ng pag-drums, nakikialam yung "diktador" namin sa banda...

i finally quit that band after five years, in june of last year.  had a really ugly falling out with the dictator guy.  we did become good friends again towards the end of last year, and i'm considering rejoining the dormant lineup.  what bothers me, though, is that in this guy's mind, i never even had left the band.   :|

how did you manage to stay for 5 years?

and the only good reason i can think of the band leader is stopping your ideas is probably of musical differences? ... like one guy wants to be flashy while the other guy wants to focus on the songs?

im saying that cause im sort of working with a flash drummer right now... we just want a rock song and he has all this schizophrenic time signature and musical ideas, so its no surprise a lot of his ideas are shot down (by the band, not just one guy, though)

Offline KASALANAN

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 03:42:18 PM »
hahaha!

"career being a gf's pet"

i like that part @ KASALANAN

:lol: kahit hanggang ngayon ganun siya
references:mrpentatonic,mavsweep,pepeman,guitarpoets, studiowan,shredmaestrobri,sereyor,darkflan,maniacally_cool,bentoinks, kurseth,caloi,alcohol,ryansatriani,rg570,jhule77,ARIS,freongang,jamesroy,brianlp,nimrodthebomber,gruthang,inigo,buls,tapslore,

Offline yngwie09

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 03:11:58 AM »
ATTITUDE < SKILLS or ATTITUDE = SKILLS? :lol:

Lack of TIME and LAZINESS!

REFERENCES:your_guy,mannie,scofield,brown,PoW,ianpano,ARIS,bulog,
congthegreat,maximus0fficial,moncseb,cerelajauco,zasam_4,kaizer,endlesswalts08
sheepsmellslikeseashells

Offline silverbolt1097

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 10:21:02 AM »
ATTITUDE < SKILLS or ATTITUDE = SKILLS? :lol:

Lack of TIME and LAZINESS!

THIS!!!  Coupled with members who does not want to practice or at least go over the songs to play for a gig. And again, BAD ATTITUDE still counts.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 10:31:24 AM by silverbolt1097 »
I am the dark side of you

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 11:16:38 AM »
laging naglalaro ng online games. take note: WoW pa yun ha...

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 01:21:07 PM »
The band was starting to get damaging to my emotional and physical health. Being unable to incorporate my own preferences in terms of sound and style contributed immensely to this apart from my mental state at the time.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline Knoy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 01:29:41 PM »
nag-quit na kase ang myembro naming mayaman kaya nag-quit nako at dissolve na ang banda...

Offline IncX

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 02:43:44 PM »
nag-quit na kase ang myembro naming mayaman kaya nag-quit nako at dissolve na ang banda...

hahaha, good move.

a band with no financial capabilities = dead band

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 02:49:18 PM »
hahaha, good move.

a band with no financial capabilities = dead band

True.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline Tasty

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 03:38:08 PM »
I was kicked out of one band because the vocalist became my girlfriend. Ironically, I was kicked out of another because the vocalist and I broke up. :lol:

That being said, I have never really quit any band except my very first one (which I actually rejoined years later and am still a part of right now). It's usually the other members who end up leaving after we discuss the problems (mediocrity, commitment issues, lack of passion, etc.).
Change the way you gig with innovative gear upgrades from gigkitty!

Offline ROBORATS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 03:50:18 PM »
pag puro boys daw ang mga fans nyo hahahahah :-D

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 03:56:50 PM »
Rockstar band member,
not open to suggestions,
doesn't like being told what to do,
doesn't like being criticized (constructive criticisms music friends),
keeps promoting himself rather than the whole band,
rockstar attitude without the skills,
"Mr. Know-It-All",
"Mr. You're-In-MY-Band-And-You-Do-What-I-Tell-You-To-Do".

You get the picture. :roll:
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline IncX

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 04:16:43 PM »

paano kung metal band? ... im sure as hell, sausage fest talaga dyan, hehe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 04:19:29 PM »
paano kung metal band? ... im sure as hell, sausage fest talaga dyan, hehe

Buti pa kayo may mga fans. I think there's a certain threshold of unpopularity that more than just implies na you're going nowhere. :))
Offset guitars for life.

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 04:31:02 PM »

Go mainstream. lol

Buti pa kayo may mga fans. I think there's a certain threshold of unpopularity that more than just implies na you're going nowhere. :))

Now that just sucks.
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 05:28:19 AM »

"Mr. You're-In-MY-Band-And-You-Do-What-I-Tell-You-To-Do".

ang hirap nito

Offline janvier

• Netizen Level
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 03:28:42 PM »
being unprofessional ng other members..

yung usapan sa  oras ng jam eh 4pm tapos darating ng 6pm pag dating galit pa
oh bat di pakayo naka set up  :? :? : di mo man lang marinig na mag sorry tsk tsk
tapos Musical indiferences narin yung tipong gusto pang masa nga yung tugtugan tulad narin ng ibang nag comment sa thread na to..."Hindi na musika kundi kwarta"

Offline vorg147

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 09:03:03 PM »
being unprofessional ng other members..

yung usapan sa  oras ng jam eh 4pm tapos darating ng 6pm pag dating galit pa
oh bat di pakayo naka set up  :? :? : di mo man lang marinig na mag sorry tsk tsk
tapos Musical indiferences narin yung tipong gusto pang masa nga yung tugtugan tulad narin ng ibang nag comment sa thread na to..."Hindi na musika kundi kwarta"

compared to mine... pero nakakainis talaga ung ganyan, feeling VIP/boss
Height and age doesn't matter...