hulika

Author Topic: MESA amps will be available in the PH!! Soon!!!  (Read 20984 times)

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: MESA amps will be available in the PH!! Soon!!!
« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2012, 10:17:44 PM »
the guy pretty much admitted that their technicians cannot handle any Mesa Boogie repairs yet should any problem may arise.

That's sad.

Offline Tieria

« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2012, 10:54:48 PM »
That's tough. How do they propose to honor warranties should anything happen to these amps?

I didn't ask him further about the warranties and ended the call politely because he started making his sales pitch that they're legit and authorized Mesa Boogie dealers, can't find a better deal elsewhere, etc. Guess I'll be sticking with my Roland Cube for a while  :cry:

The cabs in question however are discounted heavily and are much more closer to US/UK prices plus shipping/tax/customs/ if I'm not mistaken.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #202 on: February 28, 2012, 11:46:46 PM »
I didn't ask him further about the warranties and ended the call politely because he started making his sales pitch that they're legit and authorized Mesa Boogie dealers, can't find a better deal elsewhere, etc. Guess I'll be sticking with my Roland Cube for a while  :cry:
The cabs in question however are discounted heavily and are much more closer to US/UK prices plus shipping/tax/customs/ if I'm not mistaken.

Wat?!  :lol:

Offline mustaine_factor

« Reply #203 on: February 29, 2012, 01:07:09 AM »
Awesome marked up price is awesome!

Guitars: Dean Mustaine VMNT (SD Mustaine LiveWire), Jackson Stars Neck-Thru KV-J2K (EMG 81/60), ESP-LTD EX-400 (EMG 81/60 18v)
Processors: Line6 PODHD300, Line6 Floor POD
Amps: Line6 Spider IV 75 w/ FBV2 Footswitch

Offline jeffrix

« Reply #204 on: March 04, 2012, 10:40:43 PM »
Aside from jb may kilala ba kayong dealer ng Mesa bogie amps? Super interested Ako eh..hehe

Offline renz13

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #205 on: March 04, 2012, 10:57:23 PM »
Aside from jb may kilala ba kayong dealer ng Mesa bogie amps? Super interested Ako eh..hehe
hindi dealer pero pwede kang umorder

http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=247580.0

Transactions: yahoo!, sinosimelo, pentagram x, BossingBoss, masterchoxter, r_chino18, Souljp21, Xelly, Atomo, steliocore, allanfig, captcalamares, cenchria

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2012, 03:56:28 AM »
(I have finally solved the reason why JB prices are so high...

THEY ARE NOT AN AUTHORIZED DEALER OR DISTRIBUTOR!!!

Yes its true.  I just called Mesa Customer Service and they DO NOT HAVE ANY DEALERS OR DISTRIBUTORS IN MANILA OR THE PHILIPPINES.  I have been suspicious of this several weeks now because they are NOT listed on the Dealer/Distributor list on the Mesa Boogie website.

This is a case of JB misrepresenting themselves...  in fairness to them though, they have NOT claimed to be a distributor but it does mean that its better as recommended here to seek other venues for importation.  Mukhang nag parallel import lang sila at sinubukan tagain ang mga hindi nakakaalam tungkol sa presyo ng mesa boogie o kaya sa mga hindi marunong mag-import.  Thats fine, pero hindi sila authorized mag repair at service and I doubt if they will honor the warranty.  So the only other benefit you are getting from buying at JB are the credit terms and the hassle free importation at those outrageous price.

Ito po ang sinasabi ko na maraming nanloloko sa forum na ito both retailers and local gear manufacturers and local luthiers.  They always project themselves more than what they are and are NOT transparent.

Kaya SORRY NA LANG SA MGA BUMILI NG MAS MAHAL... AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, HUWAG NIYO PA-BUKAS SA JB MUSIC ANG MESA BOOGIE NIYO FOR REPAIR OR SERVICING!!!)

PLEASE DISREGARD THIS NOTE... I APOLOGIZE.

MESA BOOGIE HAS WRITTEN TO ME AND THEY DO CONFIRM THAT JB IS INDEED THEIR DEALER!!! So, the mystery of high prices continues.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:01:20 AM by firemodel55 »

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #207 on: March 15, 2012, 07:48:58 AM »
I have finally solved the reason why JB prices are so high...

THEY ARE NOT AN AUTHORIZED DEALER OR DISTRIBUTOR!!!

Yes its true.  I just called Mesa Customer Service and they DO NOT HAVE ANY DEALERS OR DISTRIBUTORS IN MANILA OR THE PHILIPPINES.  I have been suspicious of this several weeks now because they are NOT listed on the Dealer/Distributor list on the Mesa Boogie website.

This is a case of JB misrepresenting themselves...  in fairness to them though, they have NOT claimed to be a distributor but it does mean that its better as recommended here to seek other venues for importation.  Mukhang nag parallel import lang sila at sinubukan tagain ang mga hindi nakakaalam tungkol sa presyo ng mesa boogie o kaya sa mga hindi marunong mag-import.  Thats fine, pero hindi sila authorized mag repair at service and I doubt if they will honor the warranty.  So the only other benefit you are getting from buying at JB are the credit terms and the hassle free importation at those outrageous price.

Ito po ang sinasabi ko na maraming nanloloko sa forum na ito both retailers and local gear manufacturers and local luthiers.  They always project themselves more than what they are and are NOT transparent.

Kaya SORRY NA LANG SA MGA BUMILI NG MAS MAHAL... AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, HUWAG NIYO PA-BUKAS SA JB MUSIC ANG MESA BOOGIE NIYO FOR REPAIR OR SERVICING!!!

:-(

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #208 on: March 15, 2012, 08:03:21 AM »
Please disregard my previous note: 

As written to me by Mesa Boogie --

"Greetings
            Looking a bit deeper we do actually have a Mesa distributor in your location.  I have enclosed the contact info below and the part # you are needing is #408550.
JB Music.
Jerico Fernando: jerico.fernando@jbmusic.com.ph"

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2012, 10:25:46 AM »
I did complain about JB's high prices and this was the response:

Greetings
            I do understand completely.  However, because we have strict agreements with our distributors we are not able to sell direct into locations that have Mesa distribution.  Also, keep in mind that there are substantial shipping and taxes/duties that appear on the end of the distributor that they are responsible for.
            Thanks

So... tough luck.  JBs got us by the balls for NOW. 

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #210 on: March 15, 2012, 05:43:41 PM »
Nagprice reduction ang JB!!! It seems to be on SALE.  Price reductions on Mesa Boogies are significant but they are still are overpriced by about US$600-$800 over USA SRP.

P.S. Hindi dahil sa akin kaya nag price reduction.  So, I think they are having some kind of March SALE...

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #211 on: March 15, 2012, 11:14:25 PM »
Nagprice reduction ang JB!!! It seems to be on SALE.  Price reductions on Mesa Boogies are significant but they are still are overpriced by about US$600-$800 over USA SRP.

P.S. Hindi dahil sa akin kaya nag price reduction.  So, I think they are having some kind of March SALE...

They're always on sale.. LAWL..  :-D

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #212 on: March 16, 2012, 06:13:07 AM »
 Mesa has always dictated how much their products are sold so even dealers won't have as much leeway to play around the prices. only way that MB gear could be had for less is if you are buying it directly from them at dealer cost.

prices in the phils is gonna be much higher given the custom charges for the prices, i imagine. still, 6-800 bucks more than US prices is absolutely nuts.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2012, 07:22:38 AM »
Mesa has always dictated how much their products are sold so even dealers won't have as much leeway to play around the prices. only way that MB gear could be had for less is if you are buying it directly from them at dealer cost.

prices in the phils is gonna be much higher given the custom charges for the prices, i imagine. still, 6-800 bucks more than US prices is absolutely nuts.

Agree but there is still 12%VAT, and maybe 5% duty rate to cover on top of FOB.  So, kung makuha mo naman sa card na installment baka ok na ang pricing.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2012, 07:29:36 AM »
Agree but there is still 12%VAT, and maybe 5% duty rate to cover on top of FOB.  So, kung makuha mo naman sa card na installment baka ok na ang pricing.

wow -thats a lot.

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2012, 01:51:42 AM »
Please disregard my previous note: 

As written to me by Mesa Boogie --

"Greetings
            Looking a bit deeper we do actually have a Mesa distributor in your location.  I have enclosed the contact info below and the part # you are needing is #408550.
JB Music.
Jerico Fernando: jerico.fernando@jbmusic.com.ph"

OMGLOL. Email posted on forums proposes a spamvalanche.  :-D
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline alvinratsim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2012, 09:42:43 AM »

OMGLOL. Email posted on forums proposes a spamvalanche.  :-D
Lol
"If you want to play like the big boys, you've got to play what the big boys play"

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #217 on: March 21, 2012, 09:52:25 AM »
Kung merong Mark V sa Hong Kong, there's another option.

But still, how heavy is the Mark V? Around 30kg excluding the packaging? That's already above the typical 25kg weight limit for baggage. It's going to be tough getting through customs with it, too. If they find out that the amp is new and worth more than $300 (which is not that difficult to figure out), well, I don't know.

Anyway, I do see the point. I'm always up for some travel.  :-D

it is a heavy bastard. i have one and the head isn't that much bigger than my Mark 4/DC-5. there is a lot of stuff in there.

Offline MYN11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #218 on: March 21, 2012, 03:06:49 PM »
it is a heavy bastard. i have one and the head isn't that much bigger than my Mark 4/DC-5. there is a lot of stuff in there.

Mismo! Grabe bigat ng Mark V. It weighs like my SimulClass2:90, Triaxis Pre and G System brain PLUS rack case COMBINED  :eek:

Pag ganito ang inuwi mo, there's a possibility that you'll be questioned pagdaan mo sa customs sa airport.

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #219 on: March 21, 2012, 03:17:01 PM »

Mismo! Grabe bigat ng Mark V. It weighs like my SimulClass2:90, Triaxis Pre and G System brain PLUS rack case COMBINED  :eek:

Pag ganito ang inuwi mo, there's a possibility that you'll be questioned pagdaan mo sa customs sa airport.

Use this for protection:

and this for easier transport:

-available at ace hardware. get one habang sale sila. lol. easily carries my vox ac30 1x12.
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #220 on: March 23, 2012, 12:21:46 AM »
i do use rack cases for my stuff, yeah.

Offline MjIoLhLaEnR

« Reply #221 on: March 23, 2012, 08:32:45 PM »
MESA .... NICE!  IPON MODE!!! :drool:
" I am not a master of my instrument, I am just an Instrument of the Master "
                                            -  MjIoLhLaEnR

Offline gnarly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #222 on: March 24, 2012, 01:09:02 AM »
ito na siguro ang sukatan na umasenso na ako kapag naka-bili,naka-bili,naka-bili!

always wanted to have one. my first foray to MESA, thanks to Tom Delonge and the guys from lamb of god. :razz:

Offline jun_gats

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #223 on: March 27, 2012, 08:04:02 PM »
wow -thats a lot.

I still do not agree. They get the equipments at wholesale prices.

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #224 on: March 28, 2012, 01:24:07 AM »
Checked out the ta15 today. Us price 900 our equivalent price 66k/44 = 1.5k usd take out vat 1350 .. Still 40% above us retail. :(