hulika

Author Topic: Razorback's Origin...and on-going saga!  (Read 88676 times)

Offline TheEdge

• Forum Fanatic
Razorback's Origin...and on-going saga!
« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2006, 12:41:12 PM »
keep em comming ortigas sarap mag basa :)
You won't get what you expect, You get what you deserve

Offline ortigas

« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2006, 10:37:11 PM »
P.S. on the Bon Jovi gig...hehehe.  :)

Even before it became dark, I already noticed that they placed two of the metal garbage drums one on each side of the catwalk leading to the stage, and I asked about them cause they had the round police lights rigged on top of them. Apparently they were for the big explosion which was to happen during "Living on a Prayer" yata.

Jolly the magician and most of the guys were watching the action from backstage and I was keeping an eye on those drums cause I did not want to be anywhere near them when they went off. Hehe. Later in the set of Bon Jovi during their hit song, the lights/siren above the garbage drums lit up and I knew it was going to blow up at any moment so off I went into the crowd, trying to get as far away as I could. Jolly did not even take notice that they were lit or if he did, he did not know they were going to blow up so he stood right by them.  :shock: Hahahaha! They hit the big bagsakan in the song and the last bagsak had an enormous explosion to go along with it! When I next saw Jolly, he looked like those cartoon characters look when they get too near an explosion (minus the powder burns).  :lol:  Talagang hilo sya! The guys were asking him if he was ok and he just kept going, "Ha? HA???" while rubbing his ears! Totally shell-shocked! Beauty!!!  :twisted:

Offline TheEdge

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #177 on: September 25, 2006, 10:57:37 AM »
haha kakatawa mag kuwento si ortigas pang na iimagine ko LoL prang yung itsura nya si SAM yun sa looney tunes yung mahilig mag pasabog yung galit na galit kay bugs bunny LoL

prang hinayaan mo siya don hindi mo siya sinabihan na may sasabog dyan get your ass out of there pero hinayaan mo siguro gusto mong makita ang mangyayari sa kanya, sana ni video mo sayang LoL sakit ng tiyan ko lufet mo mag kuwento prang na vivisualized ko itsura LoL
You won't get what you expect, You get what you deserve

Offline clubdredd

« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2006, 03:03:55 PM »
No wonder you didn't sue the bar owner for that electric experience!

Quote from: Tirso
raysorbex@hotmail.com.....yeah, I remember that one. That was me man. I don't think its still working.

Man, I remember the Metallica gig. That was amazing. They didnt hang out too much because one of their tour managers was left in hospital in Singapore or Hawaii the day before or something like that. They were all bad trip. They rocked out though. I remember that the stage was wet from the rain and I fell on my ass at one point. Labo! I told the stage manager to warn the band about the slippery stage and he sez '**** 'em! Everybody shares the same stage.' . That was pretty cool. I got to talk to Jason Newstead when he was at Club Dredd. I had just come from dinner with Santana, they were in town at the same time! I didnt get to jam as I got electrocuted when I held the railing outside Dredd. I was pretty shaken up so I sat at the bar beside some guy and had a drink. It turned out to be Wally Chamsay, head of Sony Music. So I spent the next couple of hours recovering with him and at the end of the night wound up getting a record deal. Funny how things work, eh?
:D   :wink:

Offline clubdredd

« Reply #179 on: September 25, 2006, 03:10:53 PM »
Another memorable 70s show was when Brian got sick and Mike Dizon played drums for the hogs. Later on nag-jam na rin si Brian. Not as crowded as that other night but the beer was warm because people were guzzling them down before they could get cold.

I heard Patrick Pulumbarit called Mario of Gweilos to do their 16th anniversary show at Eastwood on Oct 21st. Looking forward to that! That should be fun.

Quote from: toybitz
Quote from: haey2
Quote from: bugoy
i think it was kevin who said that there is about 300 people in 70's at that time...basta sobra dami tao noon...hehehe...it actually broke attendance records for any act that performed at 70's...that was their first gig for a couple of months of absence playing live...that is why a lot came over to see them...

youre right jeyvi...70's was already buying beer & ice from the nearest convenience store that night...hehehe... 8)  8)  8)

ayan ba yung si manuel legarda ang nag guitar for david aguirre's parts ?

oo bro..that was the first time that razorback came from their hiatus after dave left...8)  8)  8)

was this the 3 hour gig?  Yun may solo spot si Brian?  Tas napagusapan pa yun STD nakuha ni Chris kay Joey?

Offline clubdredd

« Reply #180 on: September 25, 2006, 03:15:46 PM »
Quote from: pinoymusika
Quote from: ortigas
around and getting ready I had gone into the bathroom and there was Bazurak hovering around their bass player, trying to shave his head into a Mohawk. They were having a bitch of a time doing it as he had so much hair. I suggested we buzz it first then start shaving with a razor. His head had numerous poknats after the process from them running a razor straight through and being really rough at it. Tito Fritz Infante, the director of the show, was so pissed at them for doing that. “Que feo!” How ugly! He kept saying. They went on and performed their Chili Peppers song with Ritchie staring at his forearm for the lyrics the entire time! That bass player is none other than Nathan “Satan”  :twisted:  Azarcon who went on to become one of the best and most notorious bass players around with Rivermaya, Kapatid and today with Bamboo.

Let's not forget that Bazurak's drummer was a kid named Mark Escueta. He's with some big band now, hmm starts with "R' or something :) :)

Mark wasn't the only Bazurak alumnus to join Rivermaya. Jayjohn sessioned for them for short while after Bamboo left, then he joined Teeth. Don't know what he's up to now.

Junjie Lerma naman is now the lead guitar of the Radioactive Sago Project.

Offline clubdredd

« Reply #181 on: September 25, 2006, 03:39:51 PM »

Later, we branched out and played Mayrics and Club Dredd in QC. It was the Dredd in Timog and it was hard to get in there. For one thing, they branded us as "Makati boys" and they did not like seeing us come in there and rocking their house. But with diligence and perseverance, we finally became accepted in that circle as well. We played at that 2nd floor venue a few times then it moved to EDSA where it lived out it's life span.

At EDSA's Dredd, we became friends with so many musicians and fans and had many wonderful years of playing there too. Man, they had the smelliest bathroom!!! Di'ba, Patrick? That's where the Razorboys also discovered the Adios Motherf*cker...one of the most mean-ass versions of that drink I have ever had in my life. If I had 3 of those I was down for the count.  #-o

Mayrics on the other hand had the smallest stage w...

Re Dredd Timog: Wala pa kayong original songs noon. We were quite strict with that rule. I do remember some jamming after Bazurak gigs. You could hardly fit behind the drumset on that tiny stage. Dang, you "Makati Boys" were tall!  :)

Re banyo: I'd say we were neck and neck with Mayric's!  :lol:

Offline ortigas

« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2006, 11:33:22 AM »
Quote from: clubdredd
Re Dredd Timog: Wala pa kayong original songs noon. We were quite strict with that rule. I do remember some jamming after Bazurak gigs. You could hardly fit behind the drumset on that tiny stage. Dang, you "Makati Boys" were tall!  :)

Re banyo: I'd say we were neck and neck with Mayric's!  :lol:

Okay, okay...you guys share top honors on "smelliest, most disgusting banyo!"  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline Tirso

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #183 on: September 26, 2006, 11:58:12 AM »
Quote from: clubdredd
No wonder you didn't sue the bar owner for that electric experience!

raysorbex@hotmail.com.....yeah, I remember that one. That was me man. I don't think its still working.

Man, I remember the Metallica gig. That was amazing. They didnt hang out too much because one of their tour managers was left in hospital in Singapore or Hawaii the day before or something like that. They were all bad trip. They rocked out though. I remember that the stage was wet from the rain and I fell on my ass at one point. Labo! I told the stage manager to warn the band about the slippery stage and he sez '**** 'em! Everybody shares the same stage.' . That was pretty cool. I got to talk to Jason Newstead when he was at Club Dredd. I had just come from dinner with Santana, they were in town at the same time! I didnt get to jam as I got electrocuted when I held the railing outside Dredd. I was pretty shaken up so I sat at the bar beside some guy and had a drink. It turned out to be Wally Chamsay, head of Sony Music. So I spent the next couple of hours recovering with him and at the end of the night wound up getting a record deal. Funny how things work, eh?
:D   :wink:

Yeah, well, the owner was, and still is, a good friend. I think I a few Adios MotherF$*kers were left off my succeeding bills for that though....
Rock n' Roll damnation... take a chance, while you still got the choice..

Offline Tirso

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #184 on: September 26, 2006, 12:02:04 PM »
Re Bon Jovi, I know we had a great time playing. Loads of booze, etc. I do remember looking into the window of their dressing room and saw Bon Jovi's butt as he was changing into his spandex. Freaked me out, but the girls with us liked it. I remember leaving right before they played the first night so I completely missed the riot. Lucky for me.....
Rock n' Roll damnation... take a chance, while you still got the choice..

Offline ortigas

« Reply #185 on: September 26, 2006, 12:15:43 PM »
Re Bon Jovi, I know we had a great time playing. Loads of booze, etc. I do remember looking into the window of their dressing room and saw Bon Jovi's butt as he was changing into his spandex. Freaked me out, but the girls with us liked it. I remember leaving right before they played the first night so I completely missed the riot. Lucky for me.....

Oh, yeah! We got stuck in the traffic leaving the place. Manuel Legarda was in my car among other friends and he would open the window, sit outside the car and scream, "Thank you, Manila! We love you!" and folks walking the streets would be like "Oh! Si Bon Jobi!"  :lol:

Offline jeyvi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #186 on: September 26, 2006, 06:52:32 PM »
AHEHEHEHE!!! syet tumalsik laway ko kakatawa!!!

:lol:

i cant imagine manuel doing that! mahaba nga pala buhok nya dati!! ahihihihhi!!!

buti hindi sya hinabol ng mga fans!!!

:twisted:
check out my band KONTRA
www.kontra.ph

Offline ortigas

« Reply #187 on: September 27, 2006, 11:38:45 AM »
Quote from: jeyvi
AHEHEHEHE!!! syet tumalsik laway ko kakatawa!!!

:lol:

i cant imagine manuel doing that! mahaba nga pala buhok nya dati!! ahihihihhi!!!  :twisted:

Haha! Then you don't know Manny as well as you may think! He is a character...  8)

Offline jeyvi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #188 on: September 27, 2006, 11:48:17 AM »
i was able to speak to him a couple of times sa gigs.. cant imagine talaga!! ahihihihihihi!!!

:D
check out my band KONTRA
www.kontra.ph

Offline ortigas

« Reply #189 on: September 28, 2006, 02:21:10 PM »
Tirso! Do you know of anyone who has that video that they (the producers) were filming at the Full Moon Fest in Puerto Galera where we played along with Spy, Coco Jam, Jun Lopito, and some others? I have home video of us doing "Giyang". Man! That crowd was awesome. Jumping around, climbing the stage, and slamming, that it looked like a huge sand-storm...

It's a shame that video was never televised.  :roll:

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #190 on: September 29, 2006, 02:16:26 PM »
Tirso! Do you know of anyone who has that video that they (the producers) were filming at the Full Moon Fest in Puerto Galera where we played along with Spy, Coco Jam, Jun Lopito, and some others? I have home video of us doing "Giyang". Man! That crowd was awesome. Jumping around, climbing the stage, and slamming, that it looked like a huge sand-storm...

baka pwede i-upload sa youtube yun sir migs.... 8)  8)  8)
black moon creeping...

Offline ortigas

« Reply #191 on: September 29, 2006, 02:18:20 PM »

Pag uwi ko dyan, that's what I'm gonna do.  :)

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #192 on: October 02, 2006, 10:24:21 AM »

Pag uwi ko dyan, that's what I'm gonna do.  :)

AYOS!!!!sana mag reunion jam na rin kayo with dave..hehehe...im sure a lot of razorback fans would be happy...really happy... 8)  8)  8)
black moon creeping...

Offline ton2xx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #193 on: October 02, 2006, 04:42:37 PM »
Malaking inuman yan, To think na may trabaho na mga fans nyo! hahaha!
ton2x

Offline ortigas

« Reply #194 on: October 04, 2006, 09:19:48 AM »
Quote from: ton2xx
Malaking inuman yan, To think na may trabaho na mga fans nyo! hahaha!

Ok lang yon! It's nice to know that the fans grow up with the band and are still fans and friends. Malaking inuman nga yan, bro. See you then...

Offline alien_bagobo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #195 on: October 08, 2006, 03:33:43 AM »
wow!! galing =D> history 'to.. :lol:
while reading this thread i'm listening to some razortracks in my pc...
razorback opened the oktoberfest kick off last week here in davao.. astig..!!!! manuel legarda played guitar that night at naki-jam rin si eric gancho na dating taga yano... ayos.  :D

Offline rainraz

« Reply #196 on: October 11, 2006, 07:31:04 PM »
this is a great read!  wow! brings back a lot of memories...more mga masters!!  rock on!

Offline mudcoremaine

« Reply #197 on: October 14, 2006, 09:19:04 PM »
and this coming oct 21 there would be razorback'z 16th year aniv gig at gweilos libis. sana andun ka rin sir miguel.

what the heck am i doin 16 years ago?! whew, my parents should've planned to create me earlier so i was able to drink mango juice with dave at kalye, hehe.
karhat man!

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2006, 01:08:28 PM »
Quote from: mudcoremaine
and this coming oct 21 there would be razorback'z 16th year aniv gig at gweilos libis. sana andun ka rin sir miguel.

what the heck am i doin 16 years ago?! whew, my parents should've planned to create me earlier so i was able to drink mango juice with dave at kalye, hehe.

confirmed na ba yun anniv gig nila bro?
black moon creeping...

Offline Jihad15

« Reply #199 on: October 17, 2006, 01:16:11 AM »
sarap basahin yung kwento! first hand mismo from the member! salamat sa pag share sir miguel! plus si sir tirso andito rin!  you guys are indeed no doubt one of the rock gods here in phil!!!!

i really am trying to form a band covering some of your songs along with wolfgang's and pot's and brain salad's songs...iba kasi dating ng mga kanta ninyo...feel na feel mo yung emotions nila  kaya mas lalong masarap sa sistema! nakabuhay ng dugo!!!!
why cant i be the stoic that i used to be.....