hulika

Author Topic: The Eraserheads and Their Legacy?  (Read 29198 times)

Offline ogs-peace

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: The Eraserheads and Their Legacy?
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2007, 09:19:10 AM »
well, ang eheads ang unang band na kinalakihan ko - galing sa opm industry... kc halos lahat ng bands na pinakikinggan ko eh mga american bands...

ang songs din nila ang nagbigay gabay saaking matuto mag guitara at mag bass :D

- Ogs

Offline manins

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2007, 06:57:36 PM »
the eheads' legacy would be their distinct sound and genius lyrics. they gave raw emotions and, needless to say that their uber talent is way ahead of other bands, touched us through their songs one or the other. their mark in philippine music is indelible.

www.underside.wordpress.com
now and again, its rather tempting to tell the truth with a  joke.

Offline ogs-peace

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2007, 06:59:58 PM »
the eheads' legacy would be their distinct sound and genius lyrics. they gave raw emotions and, needless to say that their uber talent is way ahead of other bands, touched us through their songs one or the other. their mark in philippine music is indelible.

yeah.. i read this one sa tikman ang langit too.. hehe

- Ogs

Offline pyrosolaris

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2007, 11:11:47 AM »
they have remained in history for a couple of years and yet their names haven't been erased in the Philippine history books. Hector, Marcus, Raimund, and Eleandro left a simple message to all their fans--

Gusto mo bang sumama?

PIRACY IS A STUPID [strawberry] CRIME! NEVER ATTEMPT TO BUY PIRATED TAPES OR RECORDS OF YOUR FAVORITRE ARTISTS. SINASAYANG NYO ANG PAGHIHIRAP NG MGA BANDA NYO!!!
Rise O fallen fighters,
Rise and take your stance again,
Coz he whho fights and runs away, Live to fight another day  -Berhane Selassie (Hon. Robert Nesta Marley, O.M.) The Heathen, Bob Marley and the Wailers   BAKIT 125 LANG ANG POSTS KO??? MODS

Offline manins

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2007, 10:05:38 PM »

yeah.. i read this one sa tikman ang langit too.. hehe

- Ogs

that isnt an exact quote from the book. although, if you read the book and all its articles, the line, "their mark in philippine music is indelible" is sort of prevalent. lahat na lang ata ng articles dun may ganyang kalseng remark.

[ur=http://www.underside.wordpress.coml]underside[/url]

nO RLY

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2007, 11:37:17 PM »
kahit simple lang chords ng songs nila.. kung si buddy mag bass. parang ginagawa niyang medyo complicated for those simple songs of the e heads..

Offline manins

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2007, 05:32:17 PM »
can i ask where marcus is right now? is he still surfing? :-D

underside

Offline ogs-peace

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2007, 06:22:25 PM »

underside

i think he just came down from la union.. ??

he just made a video: RAKENROL [nasa youtube to. .search mo lang :)]
and just released a new one just recently: BONFIRE

his band's name is: MARKUS HIWAY

- Ogs

Offline manins

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2007, 07:48:47 PM »

underside

- Ogs

okay thanks. :-D

grabe kahit naghiwa-hiwalay na sila, they can still make good music. tingnan na lang natin yung bands na na-produce nila raimund at buddy (e.g. itchyworms at sugarfree) at yung bands nila ngayon (pupil, sandwich, cambio). ill still check on markus highway pa i didn't know eh. pero dati magkakasama silang gumawa ng music kaya siguro to the maxx yung ganda ng mga kanta nila. sayang talaga they went their separate ways.  :oops:

underside

Offline ogs-peace

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2007, 08:48:19 PM »

underside

- Ogs

okay thanks. :-D

grabe kahit naghiwa-hiwalay na sila, they can still make good music. tingnan na lang natin yung bands na na-produce nila raimund at buddy (e.g. itchyworms at sugarfree) at yung bands nila ngayon (pupil, sandwich, cambio). ill still check on markus highway pa i didn't know eh. pero dati magkakasama silang gumawa ng music kaya siguro to the maxx yung ganda ng mga kanta nila. sayang talaga they went their separate ways.  :oops:

underside

hehe, here's a random fact i got from schizo-archives:
sa U-JAM [ung tribute album ng various artists and bands for eheads]:

buddy - produced 6cycle mind's version of 'alapaap'
raimund [with imago] - produced imago's version of 'spoliarium'
ely - did the rap part of superproxy2k6 [collab with francism.]
marcus - did additional guitarwork [with david sison] sa 'para sa masa'

so haha, whether they were aware of it or not - they all somehow -reunited to give a tribute to themselves - in their own individual ways :)

astig sila..

- Ogs

Offline andrea4prez

« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2007, 02:58:34 PM »
legacy?? i just know their songs appeal to people from all walks of life, masa man or cono! :mrgreen:

Offline rajhan lennon

• Veteran Member
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2007, 03:11:21 PM »
kahit simple lang chords ng songs nila.. kung si buddy mag bass. parang ginagawa niyang medyo complicated for those simple songs of the e heads..

they can make simple things complicated! hehehehe, joke lang :lol:  magaling talaga eheads, maraming nagbanda at naging musikero kse na-inspired nila  8-)

im a real nowhere walrus

Offline manins

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2007, 02:36:48 AM »
kahit hindi na sila mag-unite, wala na silang magagawa kasi mahal na natin sila eh. talent talaga, mahirap i-question!

underside

nO RLY

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2007, 02:20:22 PM »
should the eraserheads reunite once again?
the question remains unanswered! :|

Offline manins

« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2007, 03:32:53 PM »

they should if they have the right reason. pero kung napilitan sila dahil sa insiste ng mga fans gaya natin, wag na. baka magkagulo na naman sila mas lalo tayong malungkot.

underside

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2007, 06:48:47 PM »
My god. Napaiyak ako. Homesick na nga ako na mis ko pa e heads. Im a huge fan and i can say soundtrack sya ng high school life ko.

GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline ogs-peace

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2007, 08:24:25 AM »

they should if they have the right reason. pero kung napilitan sila dahil sa insiste ng mga fans gaya natin, wag na. baka magkagulo na naman sila mas lalo tayong malungkot.

underside

i joined a group in friendster called "ERASERHEADS". and doon, i sermoned the following regarding this 'reunion issue'.. please read.

and i quote....

--

i just want to clarify what i think is supposed to be ingrained in most of my fellow fans' minds.

alam kong gusto nyo't hinahangaan ang eraserheads, but buddy once stated: that a reunion was not outside the realm of impossibility, there would be a time for it, BUT now was definitely not the time.

ika nga eh - kung mahal mo ang isang tao, we should respect his/her decision - kung ayaw nya munang [or ayaw nya na talagang] bumalik, then let that person be..

but sa sinabi ni sir buddy: na 'now is definitely not the time'... why rush it? We all don't have to go back in time, and decipher the cause of their sudden demise - all we have to do is wait... PATIENTLY for something.

ely buendia looks like he's totally got his future set on pupil... pero kung tutuusin - pakinggan nyo ang songs at song writing method nya ngayon - to most eraserheads fans [particularly the fans who lived and experienced the 'golden/eraserheads era'..] eh masasabi nating: oo nga no, di naman lahat ng songs ng eraserheads eh 'patok' at 'pangmasa' or 'kanto rock' or 'pop'... - ang point ko is, there are some songs na kinompose ni ely buendia, like SCORPIO RISING, SORRY, MASKARA,  SANTO, DIFFERENT WORLDS... na sobrang seryoso - for the normal average fan - who doesn't mind reading the deeper meaning of Ely's songs.. - kung tutuusin.. ely's song writing NEVER changed... it's the same ely of the eraserheads - singing for pupil now... duh.. sha naman din talaga diba?

final point ko is: ely may be 'rejecting' eraserheads comebacks for now.. - because MAYBE, he wants timeout from the band... i mean spending over a decade with the same [boring] faces, everyday - hindi ka bang masasawa nyan?

well ako masasawa... pero i'm not saying na ely doesn't want the eheads na.. - well maybe ayaw na nga nya - pero nothing is impossible diba?

as fans, of the eraserheads, the only thing we could do to support our idols, is to: SUPPORT THEM kung ano man talaga gugustuhin nila - we must back up for them... :)

--

unquote

- Ogs

Offline cosine

• Veteran Member
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2007, 10:59:16 AM »

i think so, kasi sayang e

Offline manins

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2007, 07:33:43 PM »
yeah we shouldn't rush them. whatever issues they had, let time do the healing. sa mga fans na makukulet, gaya ko hehe, let's just pray and be hopeful that NOW is somewhere very,very soon. :-D

underside

Offline oluap

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2007, 12:00:48 AM »
oo nga patience lang yan...all we need is just a little patience...hahaa...gnr!!!

at least open sila na tugtugin mga songs nila as eraserheads before..ok na yun kahit papaano di ba?

yeah we shouldn't rush them. whatever issues they had, let time do the healing. sa mga fans na makukulet, gaya ko hehe, let's just pray and be hopeful that NOW is somewhere very,very soon. :-D

underside

Offline manins

« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2007, 07:13:56 PM »
ei sino pong may alm dito kung tuloy yung box set ng all the albums ng eheads? have you guys heard about that?

underside

Offline andrea4prez

« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2007, 06:03:32 AM »
in teh circus mailing list sabi confirmed na raw ito..this year for sure...verify siguro with bmg

ei sino pong may alm dito kung tuloy yung box set ng all the albums ng eheads? have you guys heard about that?

underside

Offline khaffalmhoukz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2007, 11:54:33 AM »

In a country where the dead can vote, this is possible...

Offline andrea4prez

« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2007, 01:58:38 AM »
hahahahaha!!!!! :-D

In a country where the dead can vote, this is possible...

Offline manins

« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2007, 04:43:23 PM »
in teh circus mailing list sabi confirmed na raw ito..this year for sure...verify siguro with bmg

underside

wow really? sana nga mag-push through. thanks!  :mrgreen:

underside