hulika

Author Topic: Philippino Rockband  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Jess

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Philippino Rockband
« on: September 20, 2006, 01:29:55 AM »
Hey together,
I'm new here, I'm from Switzerland and my mother comes from the Philippines. And I was wondering if you can name me a good Rock band of the Philippines as I never heard any rock when visited the Philippines!

Thx a lot!

Offline flipthebird360

Philippino Rockband
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 06:58:57 AM »
think 90's, man. Wolfgang and Razorback are awesome. The Eraserheads is good, too. And P.O.T. also, the Dawn... Oh yeah, and Twistedwhispers! (Shameless self promotion! Hehehe)
"Imagine There's no Heaven... It's easy if You Try..."

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
Philippino Rockband
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 10:09:53 AM »
Hey. Click here: http://talk.philmusic.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=26708

And look some of them up on Myspace. :)

Offline ms pain

• Netizen Level
Philippino Rockband
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 03:16:38 PM »
we have a different way of entertainment thats why you can never compare pinoy rockbands to the foreign bands all over the world!!!
One of the best would be wolfgang and razorback. But right now Rivermaya and Bamboo come first in the Philippine Rock Royalty!!!

Offline clubdredd

Philippino Rockband
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 05:02:03 PM »
Quote from: flipthebird360
think 90's, man. Wolfgang and Razorback are awesome. The Eraserheads is good, too. And P.O.T. also, the Dawn...

He wanted to know whom to watch when he comes here. Last time wala siyang nakita. Sayang. But except for the Dawn, all the bands you mentioned are either broken up or not active. There are so many active bands now that are worth watching and showing off to the rest of the world!

Offline toybitz

Re: Philippino Rockband
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 05:22:27 PM »
Quote from: Jess
Hey together,
I'm new here, I'm from Switzerland and my mother comes from the Philippines. And I was wondering if you can name me a good Rock band of the Philippines as I never heard any rock when visited the Philippines!

Thx a lot!

Hi Jess,

Rockband is too wide a genre.

Can you narrow this down?  Do you mean hard rock?  Rock and Roll?  Classic?  Blues/Rock?
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline Jess

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Philippino Rockband
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 09:36:38 PM »
Hey thx a lot for your replies!
Yeah rock is a wide genre :wink:  I would like more Hard Rock things but not only!  I like all with much electric guitar :wink:

Offline flipthebird360

Philippino Rockband
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 10:38:27 AM »
Quote from: clubdredd
Quote from: flipthebird360
think 90's, man. Wolfgang and Razorback are awesome. The Eraserheads is good, too. And P.O.T. also, the Dawn...

He wanted to know whom to watch when he comes here. Last time wala siyang nakita. Sayang. But except for the Dawn, all the bands you mentioned are either broken up or not active. There are so many active bands now that are worth watching and showing off to the rest of the world!

Oh yeah! Doh! Watch DRT! And Pupil! And <S>andwich!  :D

Offline kid_moll

• Forum Fanatic
Philippino Rockband
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 11:36:24 AM »
Nood din sya ng underground bands: Sisig, the indie Datu's Tribe, Dahon, Alak Pa, at syempre BADBURN!!!

Offline Mustspit

• Veteran Member
Philippino Rockband
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 08:31:30 PM »
^41 hits in a badburn trip nah.. ah ah!  8)  :twisted:
It's been 2 hours and 6 days, since you made my world a cold place, with nothing to see, and nothing to hear, i walk alone with a hope inside me, and this world refused to guide me, with nothing to feel and this wounds won't heal...

Offline flipthebird360

Philippino Rockband
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 02:52:57 AM »
Quote from: Mustspit
^41 hits in a badburn trip nah.. ah ah!  8)  :twisted:

Badburn? Diba yung vocalist nila pinagmumumura at binagbababato in one NU Rock Awards? Just asking!

Offline Mustspit

• Veteran Member
Philippino Rockband
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 01:16:29 PM »
weh? di ko lam yun ah... may album lang ako nila BOUND BY BLOOD  8)  :twisted: pero di ko lam na pinagbabato at pinagmumura sila sa rock awards ehehe... \m/

@JESS, try also listening to heavy/cool stuff here in the philippines!

like bands

Greyhoundz, Slapshock, Queso, Urbandub, Valley of Chrome,  :wink:  :twisted:

PEACE!  :twisted:
It's been 2 hours and 6 days, since you made my world a cold place, with nothing to see, and nothing to hear, i walk alone with a hope inside me, and this world refused to guide me, with nothing to feel and this wounds won't heal...

Offline born2groove

• Veteran Member
Philippino Rockband
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 01:49:34 PM »
KAPATID AND BAMBOO!!! :D
"Love...is an accident waiting to happen."
(bawal ang mga gaya-gaya dito sa philmusic) :p
www.friendster.com/born2groove