hulika

Author Topic: Bacchus Guitars Made in Pampanga Exported to Japan? Looking for Factory..  (Read 23516 times)

Offline renz13

• Philmusicus Addictus
Transactions: yahoo!, sinosimelo, pentagram x, BossingBoss, masterchoxter, r_chino18, Souljp21, Xelly, Atomo, steliocore, allanfig, captcalamares, cenchria

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
I wonder bakit hindi  umuusbong ang guitar production dito?
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline brandey

• Forum Fanatic
Matanong ko lang. Yung wood ba na ginagamit nila galing sa forests ng Pinas???

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
I wonder bakit hindi  umuusbong ang guitar production dito?

taxes, customs duties, lagay, corruption, etc. you name it.   <_<

good question. pero hindi naman siguro. malamang labor lang ang kinukuha nila dito.
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
taxes, customs duties, lagay, corruption, etc. you name it.   <_<

good question. pero hindi naman siguro. malamang labor lang ang kinukuha nila dito.

Listings ng Bacchus say it's Philippine Alder daw. :|
Offset guitars for life.

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
Listings ng Bacchus say it's Philippine Alder daw. :|

nakow Pilipin alder? it must be inferior-sounding then :-D

• Philmusicus Addictus
nakow Pilipin alder? it must be inferior-sounding then :-D

Alder grows here daw pero hindi raw siya native species. Baka hit or miss lang rin in terms of quality? I've never heard anyone say anything good OR bad about it.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
Alder grows here daw pero hindi raw siya native species. Baka hit or miss lang rin in terms of quality? I've never heard anyone say anything good OR bad about it.

i've never heard of Philippine alder. as far as i know, walang alder dito. if there was, our local luthiers would have been on it in a second.

• Philmusicus Addictus
i've never heard of Philippine alder. as far as i know, walang alder dito. if there was, our local luthiers would have been on it in a second.

http://www.worldagroforestry.org/sea/products/afdbases/af/asp/SpeciesInfo.asp?SpID=1788

LUTHIERS, HALP. D:
Offset guitars for life.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
tsaka for them to claim na PH alder ang gamit nila on a large-scale production such as theirs, they should have a forest of trees to use. it takes decades to get a tree ready for guitar-making.

• Philmusicus Addictus
tsaka for them to claim na PH alder ang gamit nila on a large-scale production such as theirs, they should have a forest of trees to use. it takes decades to get a tree ready for guitar-making.

Might be misrepresentation? Might actually be Japanese alder na iniimport?
Offset guitars for life.

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
baka meron talagang mga negosyante dito na may-ari ng mga malalawak na forest areas and have plantations that supply wood that fit guitar-making. malay natin.

edit: found this on the link francis posted:

History of cultivation

The tree is grown in the Philippines and trial plantings have been made in Malaysia and west Java (Indonesia).

Natural Habitat

The japanese alder is a native of Taiwan, Japan and North-east Asia (China, Korea, Siberia). As a pioneer, the tree grows well in full sunlight although shade is tolerated. It occurs in wet soils along streams and in swamps and also on exposed soils. In Japan, it occurs in marsh or swamp forest with a high water table and soil conditions tending to be anaerobic with high clay and organic matter contents. It does not require fertile soil, but prefers permeable soils and should not be planted in compact soils.
Geographic distribution

Native : China, Japan, Korea, Republic of, Russian Federation, Taiwan, Province of China

Exotic : Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines

labo ah.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:23:38 AM by Musikerochan »

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
shady.

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
well it's but practical to put up the manufacturing facility near the source of the raw materials so there may be some truth to it (baka lang  :-D )

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
di ko na halos matandaan pero parang kwento ng ermat ko dati napagdiskusyunan nila sa klase yung pang-uuto ng nmga dayuhan sa mga pinoy dati. kesyo sabi ng mga dayo eh ampapangit daw ng mga lugar dito, kesyo substandard and inferior daw mga natural resources. pero sila naman daw numero unang nagi-import ng mga products natin. di ko na matandaan yung eksaktong kwento, or must be a figment of my imagination hehehe.

parang ganito ang basa ko dito sa alder-alder na to.

• Philmusicus Addictus
parang ganito ang basa ko dito sa alder-alder na to.

ANONG KAALDERAN 'TO!?
Offset guitars for life.

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
^LOL!

teka muna, ano ba kasi sa tagalog yang Alder? itatanong ko sa mga kapitbahay ko, trabaho nila mamutol ng mga puno eh.

isa ngang facepalm dyan for deforestation.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ano sa Tagalog ang alder?

SAGOT:

Eh di, Mas matanda!

USE IN A SENTENCE:

33th Birthday ko na bukas...haaay Im really getting Alder.

HAHAHAHAHA
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline gnarly

• Philmusicus Addictus
mother of jazz guitars! :drool:

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ano sa Tagalog ang alder?

SAGOT:

Eh di, Mas matanda!

USE IN A SENTENCE:

33th Birthday ko na bukas...haaay Im really getting Alder.

HAHAHAHAHA

lol!

Offline walanakamingyelo

• Forum Fanatic

Sa tingin ko galing din ng Pinas ang Kahoy. It's just the same routine as how Levi's, Vans, Italian Shoes and all this imported products which are made here the PI. All the materials, Labor, and all the stuff came from our country. These businessmen just have to keep the customs discreet about anything. Sa madaling salita pandaraya to eh. OO I get the idea that they trained this Pinoys, about their woodcraft and all which came from the real manufacturers in Japan. But to think na isupport pa natin ang factory gayong Una, Hindi man lang nila idistribute locally ang product. Pangalawa sinasamantala nila ang cheap labor at ang money based gov't. system satin. I don't get the idea that some of you guys support them to locally have business here with us. Kahit sang anggulo tignan talo tayo dito. Kaya tayo minamaliit ng maraming Asian nations eh... tsk... Well it's just my opinion. Don't know about you guys....
Heart, Mind, Hands

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
Sa tingin ko galing din ng Pinas ang Kahoy. It's just the same routine as how Levi's, Vans, Italian Shoes and all this imported products which are made here the PI. All the materials, Labor, and all the stuff came from our country. These businessmen just have to keep the customs discreet about anything. Sa madaling salita pandaraya to eh. OO I get the idea that they trained this Pinoys, about their woodcraft and all which came from the real manufacturers in Japan. But to think na isupport pa natin ang factory gayong Una, Hindi man lang nila idistribute locally ang product. Pangalawa sinasamantala nila ang cheap labor at ang money based gov't. system satin. I don't get the idea that some of you guys support them to locally have business here with us. Kahit sang anggulo tignan talo tayo dito. Kaya tayo minamaliit ng maraming Asian nations eh... tsk... Well it's just my opinion. Don't know about you guys....

paano tayo talo? we should be thankful they are providing jobs for some of our countrymen when they could have gone to china where the labor's cheaper

Offline walanakamingyelo

• Forum Fanatic
paano tayo talo? we should be thankful they are providing jobs for some of our countrymen when they could have gone to china where the labor's cheaper

How can you be thankful when your countrymen makes a world class product yet they themselves can't use it as their own? It's like a construction worker who dedicated all his life making skyscrapers and top of the line condominiums yet he himself couldn't afford a decent house. How can you be happy? Yes I know we have our GAS on those gears but to think of it that way in the point of view of a musician who truly loves and is proud his countrymen this situation is not good.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:52:09 PM by walanakamingyelo »
Heart, Mind, Hands

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
How can you be thankful when you're countrymen makes a world class product yet they themselves can't use it as their own? It's like a construction worker who dedicated all his life making skyscrapers and top of the line condominiums yet he himself couldn't afford a decent house. How can you be happy? Yes I know we have our GAS on those gears but to think of it that way in the point of view of a musician who truly loves and is proud his countrymen this situation is not good.

ok lang, at least they have jobs that helps provide for their daily needs.

Offline guitarpraise

How can you be thankful when your countrymen makes a world class product yet they themselves can't use it as their own? It's like a construction worker who dedicated all his life making skyscrapers and top of the line condominiums yet he himself couldn't afford a decent house. How can you be happy? Yes I know we have our GAS on those gears but to think of it that way in the point of view of a musician who truly loves and is proud his countrymen this situation is not good.

Amen  :)
ako kasi kala ko kaboses ko si john lennon noon, pero marami nagsasabi na mas kaboses ko si dolphy.