hulika

Author Topic: MOOER COMPACT GUITAR PEDAL micro series "thread"  (Read 149804 times)

Offline reji05ramos

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: MOOER COMPACT GUITAR PEDAL micro series "thread"
« Reply #500 on: March 05, 2013, 11:46:40 AM »
anyone tried the blues crab yet? It's allegedly a clone of the old-school marshall bluesbreaker.

Offline Indie_Boy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #501 on: March 05, 2013, 06:19:55 PM »
Apparently, nothing is wrong with my green mile. Tested it again at my home then brought back to the store. Ang weird lang is baliktad nga yung setting when I tried the pedal before I bought it.

did they replace it?

Offline NomisNivra

• Veteran Member
« Reply #502 on: March 05, 2013, 07:44:09 PM »
did they replace it?

Nope. Fine naman yung pedal nung tinest sa store.
David Grohl: Why can't it always be this easy?
Paul McCartney: It is.

Offline aden

« Reply #503 on: March 10, 2013, 11:39:57 AM »
available ba yung rumble drive dito?gassing for 1..

eto yung link ng demo..

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Offline AmericanSpecialStrat

« Reply #504 on: March 11, 2013, 12:10:38 AM »
Gassing for a Mooer Cruncherrrrr!  :drool:

Offline shoegazer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #505 on: March 11, 2013, 12:45:47 AM »

I went to Lazer to buy a Joyo Dynacomp clone, but I saw this Mooer Blue Comp and I just had to A/B them. Picked this one over the Joyo since the latter didn't sound like it was doing anything particularly noteworthy. Setting the sustain knob around 7 o'clock gives out just the right amount of compression while still keeping the clarity of the tone. Anything further than 12 o'clock results in a very clipped tone and some distortion (not sure if that's the norm with optical compressors). The treble mode is amazing - good for Minus the Bear-esque tapping riffs. I'm still not sure what the Attack knob does though, can anyone enlighten me? Overall, I'm really happy with this pedal.

Offline pie-key

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #506 on: March 11, 2013, 10:08:57 AM »

I went to Lazer to buy a Joyo Dynacomp clone, but I saw this Mooer Blue Comp and I just had to A/B them. Picked this one over the Joyo since the latter didn't sound like it was doing anything particularly noteworthy. Setting the sustain knob around 7 o'clock gives out just the right amount of compression while still keeping the clarity of the tone. Anything further than 12 o'clock results in a very clipped tone and some distortion (not sure if that's the norm with optical compressors). The treble mode is amazing - good for Minus the Bear-esque tapping riffs. I'm still not sure what the Attack knob does though, can anyone enlighten me? Overall, I'm really happy with this pedal.

Hi shoegazer! Thanks for the bluecomp review im really waiting for someone to lit some for this pedal!

Attack i think adjust the sensitivity of your compressor on each note that you hit.

Im also gassing for that pedal........
References:
BossingBoss/Spudmusic/Xelly/Poundcake/Fonzy/Joel_marcelo/Micsis/Voidman/Free2rock/
'57 Strat/DIY OD/Strymon TL/Eventide MF/Hardwire SN/TCE Polytune Mini/Princeton Chorus

Offline tonwins11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #507 on: March 11, 2013, 01:54:19 PM »

Hey shoegazer. Ever tried a/b the joyo crunch distortion versus the mooer cruncher distortion or maybe going to Lazer and do a shootout soon? I'm quite gassing with those pedal.   :drool:
Do-it-yourself tirada!

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #508 on: March 11, 2013, 02:08:17 PM »
Tonwins,

We did a mini dirt pedal shootout before.

BB Preamp
Wampler Ecstasy
Mooer Cruncher
Wampler Plextortion
Rectorizer (Triple Wreck clone)

Mooer Cruncher held its own with the other dirt pedals on the board.

Offline shoegazer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #509 on: March 11, 2013, 09:42:04 PM »
@pie-key

Thanks for the tip and glad I could be of help! It's great on its own and works well with dirt pedals. Though it almost retails at the same price as a used Boss CS-3 so you might want to explore your options first. But overall, I'm really happy with it.

@tonwins11

Did A/B the Deluxe Crunch with the Mooer Cruncher. Both are fantastic pedals, but I picked the former since it had a presence knob which for me is a plus. Eitherway, both are ridiculously good for the price. You should try them out at Lazer. Their staff at SM Bicutan and Sucat are top-notch and very accomodating.

Offline acidtest

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #510 on: March 12, 2013, 05:40:34 AM »

Did you say distortion? I tested a unit in Alimall ang got the same result. I thought i tried a faulty unit. Anyone else experienced the same?  :?
- Joyo AC tone demo

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=736032  
feature=related  KBP musicfest teaser - 'Nandito lang' - entry number w00511

Offline pie-key

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #511 on: March 12, 2013, 07:36:09 AM »
Did you say distortion? I tested a unit in Alimall ang got the same result. I thought i tried a faulty unit. Anyone else experienced the same?  :?

Too much compression can cause distortion on compressors. Thats why you have to get just the right spotdepending on your taste. Its just normal IMO
References:
BossingBoss/Spudmusic/Xelly/Poundcake/Fonzy/Joel_marcelo/Micsis/Voidman/Free2rock/
'57 Strat/DIY OD/Strymon TL/Eventide MF/Hardwire SN/TCE Polytune Mini/Princeton Chorus

Offline Mr.cLEEn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #512 on: March 12, 2013, 04:35:50 PM »
dumating na mooer flight case!!! sobrang gara at sobrang mura!!!

pedal case picture link:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=431858106899448&set=a.345490708869522.83492.100002257875847&type=3&theater

Offline tonwins11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #513 on: March 12, 2013, 07:30:50 PM »
Letcheng mooer na yan. Nagagas akong mag collect dahil sa cute na board na yan. 2K ata price with 5 daisy chain na. 600+ lang yung mooer PSU. Ipon ipon.  :drool:
Do-it-yourself tirada!

Offline richneil0816

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #514 on: March 12, 2013, 07:31:42 PM »
pwede po ba malaman kung magkanu un price ng mooer and joyo? naka 3 message na q sa fb ng lazer at isa sa email nila, wala naman ng rereply  :cute: :cry:

wala naman malapit n lazer music sa amin, at meron ako work

Offline aden

« Reply #515 on: March 12, 2013, 07:33:17 PM »
good market move...

once you have the flight case you'll want to fill it up with mooer pedals..hehe... :drool:

any news or feedback on the rumble drive?

Offline aden

« Reply #516 on: March 12, 2013, 07:36:41 PM »
game na..

wala bang tuner na mooer?hehe

you have 5 slots...ano lalagay nyo?

Offline roei03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #517 on: March 12, 2013, 09:25:56 PM »
mr cleen

kelan po dating ng shimverb pro? saka magkano aabutin? pa pm nalang po. thanks!
ang bumasa nito may t@e sa pwet!

Offline tonwins11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #518 on: March 13, 2013, 06:27:39 AM »
game na..

wala bang tuner na mooer?hehe

you have 5 slots...ano lalagay nyo?

Greenmile, Cruncher, Ensemble King, Orange Ninety and Reecho delay.

or the orange ninety can be changed to hustle drive.

Ala na. Napapaganito na ko.  :drool:
Do-it-yourself tirada!

Offline acidtest

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #519 on: March 13, 2013, 10:26:55 AM »

Too much compression can cause distortion on compressors. Thats why you have to get just the right spotdepending on your taste. Its just normal IMO

I'm just wondering if it should be doing that at barely 12 o' clock. The store only got one unit so I cant determine the faulty part.  hmmm....
- Joyo AC tone demo

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=736032  
feature=related  KBP musicfest teaser - 'Nandito lang' - entry number w00511

Offline Mr.cLEEn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #520 on: March 13, 2013, 11:09:24 AM »
mr cleen

kelan po dating ng shimverb pro? saka magkano aabutin? pa pm nalang po. thanks!
tentative april or may ang dating ng shipment. price ipapaalam ko pag parating na. :-D

Offline leonard

• formerly known as "leonard8488"
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #521 on: March 13, 2013, 04:21:52 PM »
any reviews on the mooer one spot?

Offline Mr.cLEEn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #522 on: March 13, 2013, 04:37:15 PM »
any reviews on the mooer one spot?
so far wala pa naman isolated case na bumigay ang power supply. pero sa abroad may nagrereklamo... killer brand daw ang mooer product, kasi naaapektuhan na ang market ng mga well-known brand. tabi-tabi po :-D

Offline leonard

• formerly known as "leonard8488"
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #523 on: March 13, 2013, 05:10:27 PM »
so far wala pa naman isolated case na bumigay ang power supply. pero sa abroad may nagrereklamo... killer brand daw ang mooer product, kasi naaapektuhan na ang market ng mga well-known brand. tabi-tabi po :-D

thank you! balak ko kumuha ng pitch shifter at psu nila soon.  :-D

Offline Indie_Boy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #524 on: March 13, 2013, 05:54:38 PM »
waiting for Shimverb Pro & Twin Looper  :)