hulika

Author Topic: Pros and Cons Re: Recording Softwares  (Read 8335 times)

Offline music_doctor

Pros and Cons Re: Recording Softwares
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2006, 07:08:20 AM »
maganda talaga ang Neumann kaso supermahal, daang libong pesoses :( Have you tried Rode mics? They're just about P25T each... comparable na rin ang sound :D
Know the rules before you break them.

Offline Direk

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2006, 11:44:13 PM »
Mga kapatid ...ewan ko but for analog, i find Musicality Is There,for me.You capture more of the music that way. And what we're talking about here is not recording "the sound." It's recording the intent, the musicality -- the music.And now with the Digital ,uh-oh,i know this will haunts me,Now that we have virtual consoles and virtual studios,we can create virtual music on virtual instruments.It might pass, but it ain't the real thing.More plug-ins came and further dehumanized the music.Still,it was cheaper and more convenient.Naturally, people said, "I can buy the same computers and gadgets and do this in my living room."And worst,those who still wanted to learn what a good sound is,listen and were quite happy with the even more miserable quality of MP3 files. We have forgotten the prime reason for our existence:combining art and science to capture those rare musical moments that occur when live musicians perform together.With digital editing systems, you can pitch-correct an out-of-tune vocal, but that always diminishes the performance. Lose that, and you've lost the music.The point of it all—the sound.I'm not yet intrigued with new technology, which, let's face it, has mostly to do with fixing bad performances.I believe that if the spark isn't there, technology can't save you. It will never be right.
    Why Neumann?Life is to short, go for the best.It's an uncompromising way to approach things.Parting words of wisdom?. "It's good enough." These are all the phrases that will be the destruction of PhilMusic. It will not be him. It will not be her. It will be ourselves.We're destroying ourselves by sloppy attitudes, by a lack of dedication.Unless you have that dedication -- a love of what you're doing and never expected quick results, I have no doubt in my mind that it will be the best thing you've heard since the last good analog recording.

Direk

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2006, 01:29:25 AM »
if you can go for the best (or whatever you think is best), then go for it, but remember that "The Best" is all relative and stuff that isn't as pricey can also do the job well if you know how to exploit it. Use what you know, and can afford because, in the end, its 80% skills. The saying,"Life is short," has been the downfall of many people, and it has led to all too many cases of financial overextension that ought to have been managed better.

I've worked on a Studer, SSLs, and even Neve's; they are all different. But they have their own sound just like Berry's, Soundcraft, Midas, and Mackie boards do. Personally, if I can bypass a huge honkin' analog desk, I will unless there is a dependable method of A/D conversion at the other end. If there isn't then I would rather make sure my stuff is recorded cleanly without the degradation of going from analog to digital to analog.

These days, I love working on my small Midas Venice. Its small, and since I've had it for years, I know what it sounds like.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2006, 04:55:39 AM »
Quote from: KitC
Audition is ok for audio and I've used it's predecessor, CoolEdit, in a post production environment. I find Audition very good for batch processing and it's noise reduction technologies are very powerful. I just don't like the way it does fx parameter automation and it's mixer view doesn't sync with the automation.

agree ako dyan kung version 1.5 ang tinutukoy mo pre hehehe

pero have you tried the 2.0? ;) daming mgandang features na rin
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

hyper0822

Re: Pros and Cons Re: Recording Softwares
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2006, 10:17:51 AM »
dapat stick to one lang ako adobe audition lang gamit ko para di nakakalito, its all about the ears at yong mga nalalaman, siyempre dapat musically inclined ka din

Offline TheHunter

Re: Pros and Cons Re: Recording Softwares
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2006, 11:06:00 PM »
I started with Audition, then used other softwares like Cubase but now I'm back with Audition, I'm comfortable using it.
Let your ears teach your fingers.  :wink: