hulika

Author Topic: JAN 06, ALIVE 2007! were you there?  (Read 15371 times)

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Tirso gets ready for his guitar attack ... Basti seems to be caught off guard!

« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 05:49:56 PM by JimAyson »
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline pmack

• Philmusicus Addictus
man, astig!
you can cut the energy in the air with a knife!!!

sino pa may pics?
pasilip naman... :-D

Offline mariachi

• Veteran Member
astig bitin lang ako walang encore.. kala ko si wolf na yung papalo nung dumilim, si francis pala. hayop pumalo parang mawawarak drumset  :-D  though to be honest, disappointed ako kasi di talaga siya "REUNION" coz wala si wolf and dave. pero pag nandon sila next week, langya magdedemanda ako  :evil:
That in all things, God may be glorified!

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
cno si francis ? sino overall pumalo sa wolfgang at san pumalo si miguel ortigas ?

Offline ranza1982

• Netizen Level
cno si francis ? sino overall pumalo sa wolfgang at san pumalo si miguel ortigas ?

francis aquino, he plays for monkey spank. great drummer but i heard he's leaving for the states in two weeks. i bet the few songs he played for wolfgang was a dream come true for him  :-D

who else will they get? brian velasco hit for razorback and wolfgang. more than 20 songs yata. asteeeeeeg!!!  :-D

Offline mudcoremaine

[/quote]

plus i never cry and highway to hell. 8-)
[/quote]

did they play i never cry?! man was i outside?! OMFG. its my favorite song! di nga? did they? what part?
[/quote]

right after the ten minutes break, yeah, maybe you're still outside. hehe
karhat man!

Offline mudcoremaine

astig bitin lang ako walang encore.. kala ko si wolf na yung papalo nung dumilim, si francis pala. hayop pumalo parang mawawarak drumset  :-D  though to be honest, disappointed ako kasi di talaga siya "REUNION" coz wala si wolf and dave. pero pag nandon sila next week, langya magdedemanda ako  :evil:

kuha ka ng magaling na abogado, sama na rin ako. hehe. pics naman tol!
karhat man!

Offline mudcoremaine

Re: JAN 06, ALIVE 2007! were you there?
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2007, 11:37:57 AM »
"king courtney man" ata yung cult. yeah,, ocean of redhorse on kevin roy's voicebox there. nakatulala na lang ako eh. he even beat tirso's talkbox(nung nagsabi si tirso P#$%$na mo with the talkbox, hehe, steg!) with his bare mouth and plain mic. ahehe. yeah, dave wasn't there. i don't wanna think that it's because of wolf, and because of pride.
karhat man!

Offline soozmax

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2007, 11:44:28 AM »
hi everyone. just sharing some of my photos.

[/img]

pero lahat ng fiktyures ay nandito -- > http://soozmax.multiply.com/photos/album/34

congratulations!

Offline soozmax

• Philmusicus Noobitus
hi everyone. just sharing some of my photos.

[/img]

pero lahat ng fiktyures ay nandito -- > http://soozmax.multiply.com/photos/album/34

congratulations!

Offline mudcoremaine

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2007, 12:11:45 PM »
"king courtney man" ata yung cult. yeah,, ocean of redhorse on kevin roy's voicebox there. nakatulala na lang ako eh. he even beat tirso's talkbox(nung nagsabi si tirso P#$%$na mo with the talkbox, hehe, steg!) with his bare mouth and plain mic. ahehe. yeah, dave wasn't there. i don't wanna think that it's because of wolf, and because of pride.

[size=14pt]king contrary man[/size] pala. ehehe.
karhat man!

Offline mudcoremaine

check this, tirso singing i never cry:

karhat man!

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2007, 02:23:36 PM »
Yep, I was there.  8-)

I was in the cheap seats (even though same ticket price). I thought the second floor was going to collapse because the energy generated by the crowd.

Working on some friends and making thick face so that I will be able to watch the repeat concert.
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline musikanitwist

• Veteran Member
sir mudcoremaine thanks so much. you dont know how happy i am.
There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them.
Louis Armstrong
 http://akibanda.multiply.com  MSG RJUR PATAK BY ABS COMBO to 2959

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2007, 07:04:59 AM »
i was there....its been 3 days and i still dont have my voice back...that is "THE GIG"...gandang opening for 2007...i'll post pics later..dami masyado eh... 8-) 8-) 8-)
black moon creeping...

Offline mudcoremaine

must be "ma'am". haha. :-)
karhat man!

Offline musikanitwist

• Veteran Member
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2007, 05:27:51 PM »
my friend still has 2 spare tickets.. i want to buy them but i prmised to watch a gig :( but its ok. magkamatayan if dave/wolf or both suddenly show up.
Louis Armstrong

Offline musikanitwist

• Veteran Member

must be "ma'am". haha. :-)

SORRY! ahihi. Thanks ma'am. :D
Louis Armstrong

Offline wetterdude

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2007, 01:15:00 AM »
I was there man... For me that was my new year's eve... a great way to welcome and start the year. what more can i say!!!! wow you should have been there to know what i truly mean.

The new song by the way is entitled "RP Deathsquad" Intro pa lang you would know that it's a manuel riff and a wolfgang song.. Sana we can find a way to ask them to release it as a single. and maybe ask them to make more....

manuel talaga panira ng jamming oohh...
-basti artadi, wolfgang razorback alive 2007
january 6, 2007

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2007, 08:23:40 AM »
The scuttlebutt I heard from Wally Chamsay was that Basti and Manuel collaborated on 5 songs. They just performed one live (maybe to gauge the reaction).
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline maxzboy

• Netizen Level
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2007, 09:35:52 AM »
ALIVE 2007 . .

Just a thought, wasnt it possible to hold ALIVE 2007 in a bigger venue, not really Araneta or that scale,
that's too big, what I was thinking was like the way they do it in the states, warehouse type venue, no seats
5ft stage, you could easliy fit 1000 plus people in a warehouse w/c could house around 3-4 badminton courts ryt?

- Max
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 09:38:30 AM by maxzboy »
Thank you for calling Smint together w/ Pentel,
Why should I help you?

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2007, 11:56:47 PM »
this series of concert should be released in VCD or DVD format...so that fans would have a memoir of the show and the GREATNESS that these musicians have...a souvenir T-shirt would be great as well...VERY WELL DONE PERFORMANCE(as always...hehehe!!!)...\m/....we want moooorrrre... 8-) 8-) 8-) 
black moon creeping...

Offline musikanitwist

• Veteran Member
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2007, 01:29:43 AM »
The scuttlebutt I heard from Wally Chamsay was that Basti and Manuel collaborated on 5 songs. They just performed one live (maybe to gauge the reaction).

:D im so excited. man, wolfgang releasing a new album is just plain happy diarrhea.

bas-TIGANG lol.
Louis Armstrong

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2007, 01:58:40 AM »
Just got home from the part 2 concert of ALIVE.

I was really amazed that these guys still pull of the magics in their long kept chest....

Plus Points:

1. got impressed with Tirso's efx that includes his vox modulator and twas really fun!

2. tone and sound of Manuel is one of the best i heard lately from a real guitar player!

3. Kevin Roy and Basti's vocals still rocks the Philippine Rock Scene

4. A REAL PLUS POINTS for this drummer Francis who pounds the drums really hard. A real good drummer.

5. Miguel Ortigas is still great on drums eventhough he played only one song.

6. and of course the 2 bassist Mon and Louie ... a true blue bassmans

Negative Stuffs.

1. Mixing if f*!ked up. Bass parts are drowning. Im really sorry for who ever teched/engineered the show but all intruments are not balanced!
    i even told one of the guys in the stage during the break that i cant hear the bassline of louie. on the drum parts... i also cant hear the kick.

2. Seats for guest list are too many... alot of ticket holders just sits on the stairs/aisles (good thing naganda nakuha naming pwesto hehee)

3. If this thing is gonna be dvd produced.... On technical point of view as a professional in the TV Production... i might call their video coverage very AMATEUR!    ill just wait for the final edited and the dvd released video if they pull it off.

Overall.... The perfomance was really great... my wife enjoyed it eventhough shes not into rock music that much

PEACE!!!
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline ranza1982

• Netizen Level
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2007, 02:39:13 PM »
hm. the drummer, francis is part of a band called mMonkey Spank. they've been around 10 years and are all razorback fans. if the gossip i hear is right he's leaving for the states permanently in a week.

'thar goes annother great musician! the 'pinas is bleeeeeding talent talaga. sad. but who can blame them? there's bills to pay, mouths to feed, and a future to think about.

francis is a great drummer, i've been watching the spanks for years now whenever i can. they don't have a big following, but they have their fans.

i'm still partial to brian velasco as a drummer  :-D