hulika

Author Topic: Soaked HDD...HELP!  (Read 1463 times)

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Soaked HDD...HELP!
« on: August 21, 2012, 09:13:47 AM »
yeah im really stupid..naipatong ko yung naka-enclosure kong 320GB hdd sa isang box na naka-pwesto sa ilalim ng airconditioning unit namin..may plastic sa ibabaw yun box.

then about two days ago, i was having trouble getting sleep so i turned on the aircon..

the morning after, i found my enclosured hdd, half-submerged in water that was collected by the plastic bag where i placed my hdd. i immediately disassembled the hdd and felt disappointed when i found out na pinasok ng tubig pati yun loob ng hdd..i had to tilt it 90 degrees to drain the water. i put on the table and started blow drying it for 10 mins..i left it on the table and now its sitting on top PCs cpu case kung saan constant ang low heat temp..

will i still be able to see the contents of the HDD? the enclosures chip, the one with the USB port out was also half submerged and its now dry.

how long do i have to wait before i can try assembling the unit again?
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline electronictokwa

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Soaked HDD...HELP!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 04:17:25 AM »
Mahirap yan pag dumikit yung head sa platter AFTER nya matuyo; pag on kasi ng hard drive iikot ang platter, and nakadikit yung head, err...you get the picture.

Offline robertshanepascual

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 12:09:51 PM »
Mahirap yan pag dumikit yung head sa platter AFTER nya matuyo; pag on kasi ng hard drive iikot ang platter, and nakadikit yung head, err...you get the picture.

mostly the blue one.  :oops:
just groove with it and everything will be allright...

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 08:37:18 AM »
YEY!

after a week of waiting, i assembled the HDD and the enclosure and....its working!

woohoo!
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline oj888

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 09:15:07 AM »
YEY!

after a week of waiting, i assembled the HDD and the enclosure and....its working!

woohoo!

But I would suggest that you back it up immediately or move the contents to a new drive while you still can. A water damaged HDD can become unpredictable, especially if the internal parts starts to corrode.

Offline robertshanepascual

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 10:33:36 AM »
But I would suggest that you back it up immediately or move the contents to a new drive while you still can. A water damaged HDD can become unpredictable, especially if the internal parts starts to corrode.

tama. bago mo ma realize na huli na ang lahat  :wave:
just groove with it and everything will be allright...