hulika

Author Topic: David Vs Goliath (from davao. 2011 Muziklaban Grand Champs)  (Read 1919 times)

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
David Vs Goliath (from davao. 2011 Muziklaban Grand Champs)
« on: November 08, 2012, 01:40:27 PM »
just sharing. i produced their album. probably the youngest grand champs to win muziklaban. oldest member is 21 i think?

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: David Vs Goliath (from davao. 2011 Muziklaban Grand Champs)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 04:10:58 PM »
awesome production. riffs were typical.

but the lyrics are... to be frank... pathetic.

even though theres no foundation that supports my spine physically

id understand if it was meant to be taken metaphorically. but physically?

but self-destruction wont be the perfect exit

tapos...

KILL!

i wouldnt wonder how they won 2011 Muziklaban. with some showmanship and in that noise, nobody would be able to hear or give a damn about what the words were.

ok 21 below. forgiven.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 04:14:29 PM by grasyaps »
Most Recent Successful Deals with: cap10weevil, carey, david_leyson, DyuN_whamMe, gt bass, guitarmaniacgino, jacobsarinas, jimny, jodencio, loydariel, pie_key, prince22, Spoonbender, sysrq1172, washburnt25

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 08:43:57 AM »
lol to be honest ive never heard of any substantial lyrics from local metal/metalcore/breakdown kiddy bands

but hey, pays the bills lulz

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 06:36:47 PM »
Yeah lahat ng finalist nung year na yan ay mga bata. pwera yung CURBSIDE (na nag backout AFAIK).

Not into their music but I would choose them over the other bands within the genre XD hehe.

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 08:53:59 PM »
well i wasnt really expecting mind-blowing lyrics. but at least something that actually made sense.  :-o
Most Recent Successful Deals with: cap10weevil, carey, david_leyson, DyuN_whamMe, gt bass, guitarmaniacgino, jacobsarinas, jimny, jodencio, loydariel, pie_key, prince22, Spoonbender, sysrq1172, washburnt25

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 01:13:24 PM »
Davao isn't exactly ripe with the best of lyrical content, aesthetic or otherwise. I like how this band has grown over time though (well, by Jesus-core standards). Nothing new but they did get better at what they were doing. Just not what I'm into. Wonder what they're like live now.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline jjgalvan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 08:18:31 PM »
dvg \m/,

Offline IncX

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 01:45:43 AM »
lol

ok, so my band joined the competition, and was there when they won the Davao leg.

i remember my lead guitarist explicitly saying "we are not gonna win this, and i dont mind. but there is no way im gonna lose to this crappy crabcore band"

true enough, DvG won, and the guitarist quit. i dont know if it was a factor lol i also had a hard time believing that, but well, i guess DvG really have a passion for what they do, eventhough they arent really talented in lyric writing.

and oh, they have this 2nd singer who plays guitar and sings the clean vocals... i think that guy has an impressive voice. i wish hed do a project where he can showcase his singing.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 01:51:05 AM by IncX »