hulika

Author Topic: PEARL/SABIAN/VIC FIRTH - Product Stock Update thread  (Read 27375 times)

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
Re: NEW SABIAN SHIPMENT (hhx Legacy included)
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2006, 12:17:16 PM »
I visited the Yupangco Showroom the other day, and thanks again to JP, he let me try out some of his new cymbals in stock.

I'm able to try some of the new HHX Legacy cymbals.  The recent Modern Drummer review is right; these cymbals are perfect for acoustic jazz settings.  These cymbals are not for everybody though; its sounds are of acquired taste, and I don't think it could be that effective for amplified settings.  The dark, complex, trashy qualities that Dave Weckl and Sabian are talking about is indeed present.  Pinong-pino and expressive ang tunog.  The O-Zone Ride is one of the most intriguing ride cymbals that I've ever tried, and it's also a pretty good conversation piece, with its 5 O-Zone holes.

I also got to try the AA Raw Bell Dry Ride.  I like the bell sound.  It's very clear and defined.  You don't need to work so hard in order to get it sounding good.  I think this ride is versatile enough to work on most musical situations.

I also tried the AA China Splashes.  These cymbals look like splashes which were intentionally inverted hehe!  I also like this reinforcement ring that Sabian put on its holes, which I find thoughtful.  Thanks to that, there's no need to worry so much about hairline cracks from the hole.  As its name suggests, it's a combination splash-china sound.  Prog-rockers will find these china splashes very useful.

About that 13-year old kid who has those nice high-end cymbals...  How lucky!  A lot of local pros don't even have that kind of cymbal setup.  Another example of how unfair life can be hahaha!  :-D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 12:22:41 PM by drumster »

Offline xalanx

« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2006, 12:33:57 PM »

hehe, i just want to share this...and this reminds me of my childhood..how i crave for drumstuffs

the first owner of a hhx legacy ride and a hhx legacy hi-hat is a ...............13 yrs old kid...who just started to play the drums,...haha,..gusto ko tuloy mag pa ampon sa magulang nya...haha..the other cymbals included on his set up is a hhx o-zone crash, hhx evolution crash and aa 8 china-splash, lucky kid haha :mrgreen: ..what a lucky kid

pwede po ba magpa-ampon?..... :-D
Music is not what I do, It's who I am

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2006, 12:44:41 PM »
get in line  :-D

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2006, 02:18:47 PM »
I visited the Yupangco Showroom the other day, and thanks again to JP, he let me try out some of his new cymbals in stock.

I'm able to try some of the new HHX Legacy cymbals.  The recent Modern Drummer review is right; these cymbals are perfect for acoustic jazz settings.  These cymbals are not for everybody though; its sounds are of acquired taste, and I don't think it could be that effective for amplified settings.  The dark, complex, trashy qualities that Dave Weckl and Sabian are talking about is indeed present.  Pinong-pino and expressive ang tunog.  The O-Zone Ride is one of the most intriguing ride cymbals that I've ever tried, and it's also a pretty good conversation piece, with its 5 O-Zone holes.

I also got to try the AA Raw Bell Dry Ride.  I like the bell sound.  It's very clear and defined.  You don't need to work so hard in order to get it sounding good.  I think this ride is versatile enough to work on most musical situations.

I also tried the AA China Splashes.  These cymbals look like splashes which were intentionally inverted hehe!  I also like this reinforcement ring that Sabian put on its holes, which I find thoughtful.  Thanks to that, there's no need to worry so much about hairline cracks from the hole.  As its name suggests, it's a combination splash-china sound.  Prog-rockers will find these china splashes very useful.

About that 13-year old kid who has those nice high-end cymbals...  How lucky!  A lot of local pros don't even have that kind of cymbal setup.  Another example of how unfair life can be hahaha!  :-D

hey dio whats up, thnaks for the reviews man..cool...anyway i was able to talk tho the kid and he's still think which he likes more...play the drums or play golf...hahaha :mrgreen:

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2006, 02:22:00 PM »
play the drums or play golf...hahaha :mrgreen:

Ang sosy naman ng batang yan.

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
Re: vicpad9 practice pad and wuv's sig.series drumsticks
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2006, 04:31:29 AM »
I was able to try the Vicpad9 practice pad.  Despite its unorthodox shape, I enjoyed playing on it.  The two different pads respond well, and the non-skid base is effective.  And it's light and portable!  Now I'm having second thoughts about my 12" RealFeel practice pad.  If ever, kasalanan mo nanaman ito JP haha!!  :-D

Offline Diadem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2006, 06:45:15 AM »
kewl... ask ko lng pla kung magkano ung mga ISS na mounts for 10" 12" and 13"  (6 lugs each tom)

Offline wax_static

• Veteran Member
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2006, 08:00:40 AM »
sir jp, pa pm naman price nung VF pads.... thanks

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2006, 10:13:08 AM »
I was able to try the Vicpad9 practice pad.  Despite its unorthodox shape, I enjoyed playing on it.  The two different pads respond well, and the non-skid base is effective.  And it's light and portable!  Now I'm having second thoughts about my 12" RealFeel practice pad.  If ever, kasalanan mo nanaman ito JP haha!!  :-D

haha..thanks antony you're the man..hehe :mrgreen:

well sabi nga ni peeves....jp= :evil:

haha..cheers brother

Offline malambeng25

« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2006, 03:26:59 PM »
pinasubok din saken ni sir jp yung vicpad, ayus! nakakaaliw! di ka tatamarin magensayo. bukod sa feel, may tunog snare pa!

"3rd Avenue: In Time" now available at all leading record stores nationwide

Offline wax_static

• Veteran Member
« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2006, 03:37:46 PM »
sir how much po yung pad?

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2006, 04:34:27 PM »
the 8 aa china splash is now out of stock, its our bor ayoice who got the last piece of it and im sure he's enjoyin whippin it out now..the 10 aa china splash is still available anyway...cheers

the mike portnoy splashes and aax o-zone splash is now on its way..

thnaks for supporting sabian products..  :mrgreen:

Offline kert

« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2006, 08:12:33 PM »
sir magakano ung vicpad 9 interested ako la bang discount la na ako pera :mrgreen:

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2006, 08:50:53 AM »
the vicpads are still available herein our main showroom and in our perfect pitch branches...cheers :mrgreen:

Offline marco_katigbak

« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2006, 03:18:56 PM »
bro i highly recomend yung wuv na vic firth's....ako at first parang sobrang gaan..ang ganda ng feel:D i was able to try it sa gig.:D you guys should try it:D

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2006, 06:05:59 PM »
bro i highly recomend yung wuv na vic firth's....ako at first parang sobrang gaan..ang ganda ng feel:D i was able to try it sa gig.:D you guys should try it:D

thanks for the recommendation marco...yup you are right ..at first mukha nga magaan but you'll get used to it...cheers

Offline kimboy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2006, 06:19:35 PM »
Hi, Pde ko ba malaman ung Price?

both stick at pad.. pki post or iPm nlan..  :-D

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2006, 06:24:50 PM »
599 for the wuv sticks

Offline kimboy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2006, 07:02:04 PM »
599 for the wuv sticks

thx.. ung pad po.. kano po un?

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2006, 03:05:36 PM »
the vic firth pads with snare buzz are still available for 3,499 check it out here in our main showroom or in our perfect pitch branches...cheers

Offline porksoda

• Netizen Level
Pearl/Sabian/Vic Firth products for 2007
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2006, 06:24:30 PM »
hi guys! hope you're enjoying the holidays :-)

SIR JP gave me this "assignment" (in short inutusan ako ni bossing Jp hehe) of making our 2007 order forecast for Pearl/ Sabian/Vic Firth products... we will be putting out more signature snare drums and a very exciting new series of drumsets from Pearl and more HHX cymbals.. :-) 
what do you guys suggest or recommend that we put out in the market? this would be very helpful and very much appreciated..  :-D

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
Re: Pearl/Sabian/Vic Firth products for 2007
« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2006, 06:27:20 PM »
Hi bea!

Our suggestions, recommendations and "wish lists" will be limited to Pearl, Sabian, and Vic Firth products, right?

8-)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 06:28:43 PM by drumster »

Offline porksoda

• Netizen Level
« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2006, 06:29:01 PM »
yup, yun ang assignment ko :-)

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2006, 06:34:48 PM »
Okay I'll start...

For Pearl...  I hope you can ship in some Eliminator Hi-Hat Stands.  And also, a few Eliminator spare parts (I lost one allenhead screw from my traction plate).  And of course, the Jordison snare drum.  I'm sure JP already made a mental note regarding these (I already told him about these before hehe!).

For Sabian...  Yes, more HHX cymbals!

For Vic Firth...  I wanna try out their Tala Wands.

8-)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 06:35:55 PM by drumster »

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2006, 06:56:57 PM »
ganun din sakin kung meron available na spare parts ng elims meron na kasi ako bago lang. nung nag tanong ako sa jb wala daw cla eh..