hulika

Author Topic: Panget ba talaga tumunog ang RJ Guitar?  (Read 64049 times)

Offline tsunamic

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Panget ba talaga tumunog ang RJ Guitar?
« Reply #175 on: December 07, 2013, 12:30:40 PM »
i have rj goldtop with p90. ok naman at maganda tunog. yun nga lang nabibigatan ako, sakit sa balikat. once ko palang sya nagamit sa gig.

pansin ko RJ lespauls are much heavier than MIC Epis

Offline MrGobots

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #176 on: December 07, 2013, 04:41:39 PM »
Dropped by the RJ Guitar Center in MOA the other day and it was the most horrific 15 minutes in a music store I've experienced ever. I cannot believe how anyone could have the audacity to price the most awful looking sta mesa acoustic guitars above P1,000 and let it be the first guitars that greet the customers.

I was only looking for cheap strings to put on the guitars that I don't use often, just so they don't get stocked stringless. A jolog-kpop-emo-punks sales staff approached me, he seemed to be irritated to finally have something to do. So I thought I'd ego trip and took a look around. A tube amp/cab combo caught my attention. I decided to try it out.

Picked out one of the better looking semi-hollows and a tele branded with a logo that apparently screamed of a subscription to a godless sense of design. The amp just insults your intelligence, I think it was a single tube amp that made both guitars sound like makita electric grinders. I liked the feel of both guitars I tried and the finish was a bit above average, acoustically it sounded round enough. But once plugged in, the guitar could be blamed for the all the celebrity deaths this past weeks.

So I thought maybe its the amp. I proceeded to request to try it with another amp that also had a 2 letter brand? but not rj. It sounded a bit better. Still the guitars, however nice they looked, it sounded like my first guitars in high school. The ones I played when I didn't know shi.t about tuning and intonation.

I'd like to think that there are hidden gems that you can chance upon in that store but I picked out two of the better looking guitars in a lot display of over a hundred and got out of there feeling I was robbed 15 minutes of my leisure time.

So to answer the question, Panget ba talaga tumunog ang RJ Guitar? Ngayon, Oo.
I used to have an RJ Rokker when I first started out, I thought it was good enough then. Good enough to go around with friends and bands pretending I knew how to actually play. But I eventually upgraded to ones that satisfied me more, so that probably says something about the RJ guitar I had.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
- Oscar Wilde

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #177 on: December 08, 2013, 04:05:21 AM »
Dropped by the RJ Guitar Center in MOA the other day and it was the most horrific 15 minutes in a music store I've experienced ever. I cannot believe how anyone could have the audacity to price the most awful looking sta mesa acoustic guitars above P1,000 and let it be the first guitars that greet the customers.

I was only looking for cheap strings to put on the guitars that I don't use often, just so they don't get stocked stringless. A jolog-kpop-emo-punks sales staff approached me, he seemed to be irritated to finally have something to do. So I thought I'd ego trip and took a look around. A tube amp/cab combo caught my attention. I decided to try it out.

Picked out one of the better looking semi-hollows and a tele branded with a logo that apparently screamed of a subscription to a godless sense of design. The amp just insults your intelligence, I think it was a single tube amp that made both guitars sound like makita electric grinders. I liked the feel of both guitars I tried and the finish was a bit above average, acoustically it sounded round enough. But once plugged in, the guitar could be blamed for the all the celebrity deaths this past weeks.

So I thought maybe its the amp. I proceeded to request to try it with another amp that also had a 2 letter brand? but not rj. It sounded a bit better. Still the guitars, however nice they looked, it sounded like my first guitars in high school. The ones I played when I didn't know shi.t about tuning and intonation.

I'd like to think that there are hidden gems that you can chance upon in that store but I picked out two of the better looking guitars in a lot display of over a hundred and got out of there feeling I was robbed 15 minutes of my leisure time.

So to answer the question, Panget ba talaga tumunog ang RJ Guitar? Ngayon, Oo.
I used to have an RJ Rokker when I first started out, I thought it was good enough then. Good enough to go around with friends and bands pretending I knew how to actually play. But I eventually upgraded to ones that satisfied me more, so that probably says something about the RJ guitar I had.

Cool story bro. I should check out the RJ stores once more. Back in 2007 it was a very different experience from yours. Gotta plug in and see how different their products had become. Back then, the stock pickups on the les pauls and SG's were ok, and in fact better than some epiphones, MIJ's, samick greg benetts, fernando, etc. Random consistency though, given the price range, and like you mentioned, forget about the cheapest guitars in their lineup. The staff is crap shoot too. Depending on a lot of variables, you get good service, or not.

I agree the logo is more 'in your face' now. And even marked on some of the bodies. They seem to think that this more prominent silhouette logo is more attractive than the previously subdued (relatively speaking) two letter logo on the headstock. That one's easily sanded out, though it doesn't really bother me what people think when I play what I think is a decent and good sounding instrument.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline dharzfreeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #178 on: December 08, 2013, 06:27:21 AM »
I would say yes.. and i'm so proud i get rid of it

Experience tells.. thats why give respect to others opinion after so many battle thread of best hand vs best arsenal  ^-^

PHILMUSIC EQUALIZER

Offline MrGobots

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #179 on: December 08, 2013, 08:25:35 AM »
I would say yes.. and i'm so proud i get rid of it

Experience tells.. thats why give respect to others opinion after so many battle thread of best hand vs best arsenal  ^-^

give respect. period. para walang battle battle.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
- Oscar Wilde

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #180 on: August 15, 2014, 04:32:59 PM »
FOr all you neysayers... heres a good IN DEPTH" discussion on RJ guitars with clips...

backreading mode ON!..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #181 on: August 15, 2014, 04:38:41 PM »
its probabaly made in some backyard plant in Shandong Province together with your fernandos, Squires, greg bennets, vantage, SX  etc.
rebranded lang as per contract na lagyan ng super baduy na Dancing RJ logo..hahahaha

damn...same din yung comment ko dati sa ngayon..haha
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #182 on: August 16, 2014, 01:11:48 AM »
damn...same din yung comment ko dati sa ngayon..haha

Classy. In the heat of the RJ SV thread you revived two threads  on let's see..... RJ guitars??. You took time to basically say, "it's the same comment of mine as before" with a haha as punctuation.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2014, 11:35:03 AM »
Request for merging..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2014, 01:44:35 PM »
sign up tayo sa RJ-Philmusic rip off tapos hanapin lahat ng threads dito about RJ guitars kung gaano sila kabulok ..ilipat doon,haha

Uhhhm.  No.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline Impellitteri

« Reply #185 on: September 04, 2014, 09:11:21 PM »
Nasa ears nga ng beholder yan. If I would buy an electric guitar, kahit hindi pa nakasaksak sa amp and play, alam na

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2014, 11:54:19 PM »
Nasa ears nga ng beholder yan. If I would buy an electric guitar, kahit hindi pa nakasaksak sa amp and play, alam na

talaga? I used to think the same thing. Oo tama, kahit di nakasaksak may certain characteristics na talaga dahil sa wood, etc. Pero pre, kaya nga electric eh. Lalo na kung bibili ka. Eh kung mapangsamantala ang magbebenta sayo eh papalitan lang yan ng super chipipay na electronics at pickups pati switches. Kapag ganun, hindi rin matatranslate yung supposed to be na tunog ng gitara mo papunta sa amp.

Offline mbsunga

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #187 on: September 05, 2014, 12:03:02 PM »
talaga? I used to think the same thing. Oo tama, kahit di nakasaksak may certain characteristics na talaga dahil sa wood, etc. Pero pre, kaya nga electric eh. Lalo na kung bibili ka. Eh kung mapangsamantala ang magbebenta sayo eh papalitan lang yan ng super chipipay na electronics at pickups pati switches. Kapag ganun, hindi rin matatranslate yung supposed to be na tunog ng gitara mo papunta sa amp.
You got a point. Dapat parehas plugged and unplugged tinetest guitar
But if i would choose between the two
Mas madali magpalit ng electronics kesa sa wood

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #188 on: September 05, 2014, 12:37:47 PM »
You got a point. Dapat parehas plugged and unplugged tinetest guitar
But if i would choose between the two
Mas madali magpalit ng electronics kesa sa wood

same thoughts. if you plan on swapping out pickups, wood and construction talaga ang titingnan. wa pakels na sa wiring and pickups hahahaha
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2014, 10:04:28 AM »
I bought an RJ Bluesbreaker Jimmy page model les paul at RJ sa glorrieta 7 years ago.

It sounded good, felt great, heavy.

it cost a little more than the regular Rj Les Paul, but it was worth it.

Too bad it got stolen 3 years ago, just 2 nights before a gig.

so I ended up buying an epiphone Special 2 in a rush, I wanted an epiphone LP standard then but didnt have the cash. So i settled for the special 2.

the RJ Jimmy Page les Paul sounds way better than the epi special 2. i know that these are 2 different guitars but based on the price, I bought the RJ at 11k and the Epi special at 14.5 k, the RJ was better.

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2014, 12:14:58 PM »

Sale ulit sila sa December 6-7. oh yung mga naghahanap ng RJSV, pagkakataon nyo na, 50% off 8pm till closing  :lol:
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline KennyKen

« Reply #191 on: November 21, 2014, 12:28:42 PM »
I remember buying a Black Strat copy RJ wayback in college ..It was sooo horrible that I have to tune it after executing 5 or 6 heavy bends or 3 divebombs lol   ^-^

Mag CORT Guitars ka na lang kung same price bracket din lang hanap mo, same quality control lang sila ng Ibanez (and same built quality because they come from the same factory)...

OR I would rather buy a ''known''  secondhand guitar though and have it refretted if necessary...

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #192 on: November 21, 2014, 12:29:29 PM »
I remember buying a Black Strat copy RJ wayback in college ..It was sooo horrible that I have to tune it after executing 5 or 6 heavy bends or 3 divebombs lol   ^-^

Mag CORT Guitars ka na lang kung same price bracket din lang hanap mo, same quality control lang sila ng Ibanez...

OR I would rather buy a ''known''  secondhand guitar though and have it refretted if necessary...

this!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #193 on: November 21, 2014, 12:29:55 PM »

RJSV FTW  :lol:  :lol:
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline KennyKen

« Reply #194 on: November 21, 2014, 12:35:07 PM »
this!

Yeah, marami dito hindi alam yung CORT

IMO this is the BEST ''unknown'' guitar brand out there

CORT >>>>>>>>> RJ

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2014, 12:39:08 PM »

CORT >>>>>>>>> RJ

agreed!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2014, 02:35:13 PM »
pansin ko RJ lespauls are much heavier than MIC Epis

for me the heavier the guitar the better. I tend to bend and pull a lot.

The weight gives me leverage.

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #197 on: November 22, 2014, 03:28:36 AM »

CORT >>>>>>>>> RJ

good point sir. let's not forget Samick / Greg Bennett... for their price tags, they blows lots of fish out of the water.

for me the heavier the guitar the better. I tend to bend and pull a lot.

The weight gives me leverage.

i share your thoughts bro. pag magaan na gitara, like my pro II...large and powerful bends tend to swing the guitar in the direction of the bend din hehe

i'm waiting for the sale doe. ito na siguro pagkakataon ko to get a semi hollow cheap enough to not keel over in hurt pag nauntog.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 03:33:09 AM by fizz450_03 »
Bedroom Rock Guitar

check out my blog @ http://lifeinadreamlessworld.wordpress.com

Offline KennyKen

« Reply #198 on: November 22, 2014, 07:12:08 AM »
It still baffles me why RJ is still in business  :-D

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2014, 07:59:09 AM »
Seems that the Rj brand is already associated with bad guitars..

Maybe Rj needs to rebrand and asses their production methods.. sayang yung mahogany eh.

parang reverse unlucky lemon ung pagpili ng guitar eh..

A lemon is supposed to be the rare defective one that you get.

But in this case your lucky if you find one thats fine.