hulika

Author Topic: SETTING UP YOUR MULTI-FX  (Read 9057 times)

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: SETTING UP YOUR MULTI-FX
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2014, 03:18:15 PM »
Yup :) Yung amp ko dito sa bahay sira yung input stage, kaya dun ako sumasaksak. Parang Send/Return na ren sya, well para sakin ah I may be wrong though.

Na try ko na! Haha teka noob question regarding the use of amp sims, kelangan ba last sa patch(chain of fx within the multi) yung amp/cab sim? Hybrid nga pala gamit ko analog + zoom ms50g, ang ingay eh! Hahaha
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2014, 08:22:24 PM »
Na try ko na! Haha teka noob question regarding the use of amp sims, kelangan ba last sa patch(chain of fx within the multi) yung amp/cab sim? Hybrid nga pala gamit ko analog + zoom ms50g, ang ingay eh! Hahaha

sir subukan mo ilagay siya katabi ng amp sim just before/after it at experiment mo yung tone...

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2014, 11:12:14 PM »
sir subukan mo ilagay siya katabi ng amp sim just before/after it at experiment mo yung tone...

Ok na sir, pinagexperimentuhan ko kanina..
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2014, 12:15:55 AM »
Ok na sir, pinagexperimentuhan ko kanina..

would you mind sharing the results :))

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4030E using Tapatalk 2

Offline xaeroblade

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2014, 09:47:20 PM »
at kung ayaw mo yung sound ng amp mo then there’s no need to have the input repaired hahaha

saves you some cash also...

i think this is the first thread i started here in philmu...

gandy put life into it again ^_^

fyi:  im in no way an expert nor a sound engineer... isa lang akong hamak na hobbyist na mahilig mangalikot (pati na rin yung ibang kalikot) who just wants to share explorations along the sound and gear universe

Actually I like the way it sounds hahaha, para syang pang test ko para pag may gig alam ko tunog ko. So far it works for me  :-D
Bands: Project:Materia and

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2014, 11:12:21 PM »
Actually I like the way it sounds hahaha, para syang pang test ko para pag may gig alam ko tunog ko. So far it works for me  :-D

the CD input is powerful hahaha... hindi lang para sa music kundi pati na rin sa gitara  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2014, 06:48:36 PM »
add nyo si Hetfield sa FB! madami kayong matutunan dyan!!! enjoy kakwentuhan sa gear! hahaha at MFX master!!!

binalik ko sa regular input for now..since wala pa akong calm mind to tweak yung amp sims at sobrang daming pwedeng gawin..hahaha paborito ko padin yung deluxe reverb sim..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2014, 08:51:39 PM »
add nyo si Hetfield sa FB! madami kayong matutunan dyan!!! enjoy kakwentuhan sa gear! hahaha at MFX master!!!

binalik ko sa regular input for now..since wala pa akong calm mind to tweak yung amp sims at sobrang daming pwedeng gawin..hahaha paborito ko padin yung deluxe reverb sim..

makulit lang ako hahaha anyone can talk to me and ask me... hangat kaya ko e sasagutin ko... pag hindi then i will direct you to the best resource hahaha... favorite ko all time is the Bassman amp simulation... i love the fat dark tone of the Bassman...

By the way I just got a Zoom B2... hell yeah it's a bass fx and i will try it on a guitar and see what happens  :lol: :lol: :lol:

will try it on the BKP and let's hear if it can roar... I will post a video on sunday  :-D :-D :-D

Offline tsunamic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2014, 12:23:04 PM »
Am still waiting for my Zoom g9.2tt, nirepair ang 3 foot switch. got it sa trade from an ahole. Can you guys share your diskartes? diko talaga magets pag multi. im confused. haha. i have the manual but im stuck with the factory presets/patches. :)

Offline poink27

• Veteran Member
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2014, 12:41:10 PM »
with the multi effects units i have been able to use so far one thing seems to be apparent: they've been designed in such a way that you can plug them straight into a mixer and skip the use of a dedicated guitar amp. this means that the amp sims in such models need to be as "smooth" as possible to minimize transients that might damage PA systems.

the tradeoff is that if you plug the multis into actual guitar amps and compared them side by side with analog stompboxes, you'd find that the multis seem to feel "flat" whereas the stomps interact more strongly with the amps' preamp section, and will consequently sound more natural than the multi versions.

thankfully, there are workarounds. creative yet judicious use of the provided eq can bring back some of the interaction with the amp described earlier. in models with speaker simulations, these can be turned off as well.

the best solution (though slightly more difficult) i have come up with involves an a/b box and borrowing a friend's analog stomps. first you try to get your base guitar tone using the stomps, and then duplicate the same tone and response you get from the stomps on the multi using the a/b box to switch between the two signal routs.

Offline poink27

• Veteran Member
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2014, 12:48:57 PM »
with the multi effects units i have been able to use so far one thing seems to be apparent: they've been designed in such a way that you can plug them straight into a mixer and skip the use of a dedicated guitar amp. this means that the amp sims in such models need to be as "smooth" as possible to minimize transients that might damage PA systems.

the tradeoff is that if you plug the multis into actual guitar amps and compared them side by side with analog stompboxes, you'd find that the multis seem to feel "flat" whereas the stomps interact more strongly with the amps' preamp section, and will consequently sound more natural than the multi versions.

thankfully, there are workarounds. creative yet judicious use of the provided eq can bring back some of the interaction with the amp described earlier. in models with speaker simulations, these can be turned off as well.

the best solution (though slightly more difficult) i have come up with involves an a/b box and borrowing a friend's analog stomps. first you try to get your base guitar tone using the stomps, and then duplicate the same tone and response you get from the stomps on the multi using the a/b box to switch between the two signal routs.

Just turn off the Amp and Cab sims pag sa Guitar Amp ka papasok. Common sense lang, ginagaya na nga yung tunog ng guitar amp, tapos ipapasok mo pa sa guitar amp.

Dapat may dalawang set of patches ka, meron para sa Mixer/PA (Amp and Cab Sims on) at para sa Guitar Amp (Amp and Cab sims off).

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2014, 08:33:09 AM »
would you mind sharing the results :))

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4030E using Tapatalk 2

Ok, late reply! Haha, pero eto ginawa ko, guitar - wah - analog dirt - analog overdrive - zoomms50g( ampsim- chorus-reverb)- cd input of amp!

Okay naman siya, tweak lang tweak sa volume ng amp sim, pag sa live setting na!

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2014, 07:01:01 PM »
Am still waiting for my Zoom g9.2tt, nirepair ang 3 foot switch. got it sa trade from an ahole. Can you guys share your diskartes? diko talaga magets pag multi. im confused. haha. i have the manual but im stuck with the factory presets/patches. :)

sir try mo lang kunin yung mga shinare namin na tips... tweak lang ng tweak sa setting mo lalo na sa EQ as one of our friends here said...

try experimenting on the CD input / Return / Input of your amp and hear the differences... kung anong patok sa pandinig mo e dun tayo  :-D :-D :-D

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2014, 07:05:02 PM »
Ok, late reply! Haha, pero eto ginawa ko, guitar - wah - analog dirt - analog overdrive - zoomms50g( ampsim- chorus-reverb)- cd input of amp!

Okay naman siya, tweak lang tweak sa volume ng amp sim, pag sa live setting na!

yan na nga ba ang sinasabi ko  :lol: :lol: :lol:

adik mode sa tweaks hehehe

good job bro! happy tinkering!

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2014, 07:21:04 PM »

Just turn off the Amp and Cab sims pag sa Guitar Amp ka papasok. Common sense lang, ginagaya na nga yung tunog ng guitar amp, tapos ipapasok mo pa sa guitar amp.

Dapat may dalawang set of patches ka, meron para sa Mixer/PA (Amp and Cab Sims on) at para sa Guitar Amp (Amp and Cab sims off).

This post of mine, i believe, was part of a much longer thread I made regarding tweaking multis with methods I have been able to find over the internet. Again, the problem with just turning off of the amp and cab sims is that the stomp models aren't always that accurate in mimicking the originals, which is why I maintain my position regarding reference tweaking.  :-) The biggest issue for me so far is that I'm starting to move away from "preset" mentality, and appreciating the freedom of individual knobs on my pedals, which makes it hard for me to keep copying the sounds onto my multi.

EDIT: Also, I think we're on the same page regarding having two kinds of presets - one for amps, and another for PA systems. In fact I really do that, and the PA system patches even double as excellent recording presets for plugging straight into my computer. Here's a sample: https://soundcloud.com/jolo-carrera/rp500-more-or-less-full-demo
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 07:26:54 PM by lolwat »

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2014, 07:32:03 PM »
yan na nga ba ang sinasabi ko  :lol: :lol: :lol:

adik mode sa tweaks hehehe

good job bro! happy tinkering!

Thanks for these handy tips man!

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2014, 08:00:01 PM »
Thanks for these handy tips man!

sharing experience sir  :wave: :wave: :wave:

and i'm glad a lot of people shared their views also  :-D

everybody's got something to learn in here  :)

Offline mjay1303

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2014, 09:00:34 PM »
pwede ba i-plug ang subwoofer sa multi-fx?

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2014, 10:01:24 PM »
pwede ba i-plug ang subwoofer sa multi-fx?

puwede but it will not sound right  :lol: :lol: :lol:

definitely wrong sound hahaha

Offline Rectifier

« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2014, 03:10:26 PM »
Kapag ganito ang setup Shredhead+multi(modulation/delay) tanong ko po hindi ba magiging digital ang tunog ng shredhead :?

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2014, 06:47:29 PM »
Kapag ganito ang setup Shredhead+multi(modulation/delay) tanong ko po hindi ba magiging digital ang tunog ng shredhead :?

try mo sir guitar-multi(mods)-shreadhead-amp

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2014, 06:07:29 AM »
I agree with TS.

When it comes to multi FX (considering you are a multi FX noob), do not, I say, DO NOT disregard the manual.
You have to spend time and effort reading the manual to understand what each buttons do and what they control.

Once nagamay mo na, magiging madali na ang pag tweak, mas mahirap pa ata gumamit ng family computer.

I use both Boss and TC Electronics multi FX.

There is no tone. There is only music.

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2014, 06:12:43 AM »

Technically speaking, yung analog signal ng shredhead ay i-coconvert sa digital (ADC) then after malagyan ng effects (example, chorus or delay) ay i-coconvert ulet sa analog (DAC).

if the ADC-DAC of the multifx is high fidelity (meaning magandang klase) hindi mo dapat mahalata yung difference.
There is no tone. There is only music.

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2014, 06:52:38 AM »
Technically speaking, yung analog signal ng shredhead ay i-coconvert sa digital (ADC) then after malagyan ng effects (example, chorus or delay) ay i-coconvert ulet sa analog (DAC).

if the ADC-DAC of the multifx is high fidelity (meaning magandang klase) hindi mo dapat mahalata yung difference.

explained better than me  :lol:

in my case wala na talaga akong pakialam sa klase ng signal  :lol: :lol: :lol:

if it sounds good then i stick to it... if not, then i change it  :lol: :lol: :lol:

try interchanging the fx and just hear the difference... what suites your ear will be it  :-D

Offline jemp

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2014, 08:00:32 AM »
pahingi naman po ng tips about sa zoom g3.. anu po ba mga magandang tweaks dito.. plus i have boss me-25? pwede ba silang pag samahin? oh mas better na mag set up ako ng iba para sa zoom g3? thanks po mga sir
ewan ko lang!