hulika

Author Topic: Ano ba sa iyo ang gitarang may hiyaw?  (Read 34468 times)

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Ano ba sa iyo ang gitarang may hiyaw?
« Reply #250 on: May 24, 2013, 03:00:42 AM »
just my take on the "hiyaw" debate that seems to go forever lol

I think its the string "phasing" on itself with the jackpot combination of a lot of things. thats just what I think lol

:-o  :roll:
This is a forum siggy.

Offline Burogy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #251 on: May 24, 2013, 08:11:10 AM »
Sir,

If you feel this is naive, i have to respect your opinion. I have to add that i am much in touch of the realities of life and not only guitar playing. ( sorry off topic hahaha ). My realities might be different from yours. Potek parang pang miss universe sagot  :-D

Thank you for answering . I have no intentions of building a case against anybody, I'm not even a lawyer. I'm Just a plain old,hobbyist who just loves music in general.

Now back to playing music.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #252 on: May 24, 2013, 11:44:35 AM »
Sir,

If you feel this is naive, i have to respect your opinion. I have to add that i am much in touch of the realities of life and not only guitar playing. ( sorry off topic hahaha ). My realities might be different from yours. Potek parang pang miss universe sagot  :-D

Thank you for answering . I have no intentions of building a case against anybody, I'm not even a lawyer. I'm Just a plain old,hobbyist who just loves music in general.

Now back to playing music.

I apologize if I sound boastful -- sometimes its the only way to get a point across.  What I meant by naive is your disregard of reality which is mysterious and magical.  The approach is something that of reducing it to a set of deductions and logic.  One can use logic to its limits to disqualify the existence of a certain reality; but in the end the reality exists no matter whether it is immeasurable or intangible.

I challenge you NOT to replace your current guitar or purchase another guitar for the next ten years.  If the point is that you can play guitar, you can right now and for the next ten years with what you have now.  The pertinent question is whether you can enjoy more with whatever you encounter in the next ten years.  I will be one to say that my gear now gives me immeasurable fun and joy more than the gear I had ten years ago by leaps and bounds.

If you truly love music, find out/discover what role instruments contribute to make a piece magical.

Now back to playing music with all of my ten guitars with hiyaw.

Offline freemansj

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #253 on: May 24, 2013, 11:58:10 AM »
I apologize if I sound boastful -- sometimes its the only way to get a point across.  What I meant by naive is your disregard of reality which is mysterious and magical.  The approach is something that of reducing it to a set of deductions and logic.  One can use logic to its limits to disqualify the existence of a certain reality; but in the end the reality exists no matter whether it is immeasurable or intangible.

I challenge you NOT to replace your current guitar or purchase another guitar for the next ten years.  If the point is that you can play guitar, you can right now and for the next ten years with what you have now.  The pertinent question is whether you can enjoy more with whatever you encounter in the next ten years.  I will be one to say that my gear now gives me immeasurable fun and joy more than the gear I had ten years ago by leaps and bounds.

If you truly love music, find out/discover what role instruments contribute to make a piece magical.

Now back to playing music with all of my ten guitars with hiyaw.

Very well said, Alex.   :wink:

Offline Burogy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #254 on: May 24, 2013, 01:11:21 PM »
Sir,

Changing/ adding another/ selling my guitar, whether tomorrow or the next ten years is my own business. Nobody can challenge me NOT to. Heck i might buy a mandolin  :mrgreen:tomorrow. Who knows?

oops off topic ulet. Sorry

Last post ko na po dito sa thread na to. baka ma ban ako sa philmusic

Regards,

Bong

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #255 on: May 24, 2013, 08:44:33 PM »
Sir,

Changing/ adding another/ selling my guitar, whether tomorrow or the next ten years is my own business. Nobody can challenge me NOT to. Heck i might buy a mandolin  :mrgreen:tomorrow. Who knows?

oops off topic ulet. Sorry

Last post ko na po dito sa thread na to. baka ma ban ako sa philmusic

Regards,

Bong

"mas maganda na lang po sigurong i spend ko yung time sa pag praktis at pag tugtog ng musika"-Burogy

So, why are you affected by the challenge then?

Iyan ang punto ko... iba ang praktis and pag tugtog sa business ng changing/adding or selling a guitar.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:51:00 PM by firemodel55 »

Offline magtataho7

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #256 on: May 24, 2013, 10:46:17 PM »
I challenge you NOT to replace your current guitar or purchase another guitar for the next ten years.  If the point is that you can play guitar, you can right now and for the next ten years with what you have now.

Hmm... pwedeng pang sig. :P
BLAH

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #257 on: May 26, 2013, 04:29:06 PM »
Though I would like to say that it does indicate desirability for me.  Usually guitars with hiyaw, have better sustain, a more vocal character, pleasing overtones, richer chords, more defined pick attack, easier to play, stay in tune better and have necks that don't warp.  They also require you to use less gain because they are inherently rich sounding and are very responsive to your FINGERS.
yup. its another of those "preference" things.

late last year i worked on a friend's #1 strat (a 10 year old MIA 57ri) and put in an "upgrade" trem block that people all over tgp were raving about. it did the trick it was supposed to do: increase sustain, give the notes more mass and body but changed the way the guitar hung on to the harmonics. they held the fundamental tone much longer (like a night and day difference you'd go out and tell your friends about) but the higher order harmonics now rang out shorter. weirdest thing. he liked the effect though (he said it was less screechy, more weepy) but to me it sounded like he sacrificed one characteristic to gain another. but it was his guitar so it stayed on.