hulika

Author Topic: Tower of Power Appreciation Thread  (Read 6328 times)

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Tower of Power Appreciation Thread
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2006, 06:01:21 PM »
and you know what else?  take out the guitars, and keyboards, leaving only drums, bass and the horns - buuuusog pa rin....

although nick milo and chester thompson are great keyboardists minsan buried in the mix sila, until they have a solo.

links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Power
http://www.bumpcity.com/bandmembers/index.html
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline frogfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2006, 06:10:30 PM »
Ay caramba! Silang dalawa na lang ni Garibaldi! Grabe! Lufet!  :-o
"Competition is for horses, not artists." - Bela Bartok

"I don’t like to look back, because the whole point in jazz is doing it now." - Scott LaFaro

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2006, 04:30:05 AM »
and you know what else?  take out the guitars, and keyboards, leaving only drums, bass and the horns - buuuusog pa rin....

I completely agree.  I've been listening to TOP since their first album, and in spite of the player changes (except for a few who've been there forever) their music is still as tight as ever.

Nga pala, ano na ang balita kay Rocco?  How's his recovery coming along?  That's one badass bass player!

Offline frogfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2006, 07:46:00 PM »
He got an endorsement from Conklin after he recovered last time I read. (But that's like two or three years ago.) Long live Rocco!  :-)
"Competition is for horses, not artists." - Bela Bartok

"I don’t like to look back, because the whole point in jazz is doing it now." - Scott LaFaro