hulika

Author Topic: ZOOM USERS THREAD: Share your experiences, patches, etc. here!  (Read 1199600 times)

Offline kune_km

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: ZOOM USERS THREAD: Share your experiences, patches, etc. here!
« Reply #6150 on: May 19, 2014, 11:22:44 AM »
I got a Zoom G3X last week... All I can say is that this is the best multi effects ive ever had so far and really perfect for my rig...

I tried to pair it with my analog pedalboard just to hear its effectiveness...

Since it is very effective and useful for my needs, I came back to my old and very reliable 13x23 pedalboard and put all my pedals together:

awesome tones!!!
To GOD be the Glory!!!<br /><br /><br /><br />http://smileyicons.net/s/225.gif

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6151 on: May 19, 2014, 11:52:39 AM »
for some reason e mas maganda ang rinig ko sa g3x kesa g5. i owned both. is it just me? or talagang mas dynamic tung g3x kesa g5?

Sent from my Flare2X using Tapatalk

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6152 on: May 19, 2014, 04:30:17 PM »
for some reason e mas maganda ang rinig ko sa g3x kesa g5. i owned both. is it just me? or talagang mas dynamic tung g3x kesa g5?

Sent from my Flare2X using Tapatalk

The modulations are flimsy. The chorus is too thin even at max. But g5 somehow is an indispensable tool.  :?
"Join the darkside,we have cookies."

Offline ghostalker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6153 on: May 19, 2014, 05:15:51 PM »
mangangamusta lang po. sobrang sobrang tagal ko na di nakareply muli.

from band studio to computer shop.
mga topics na naabutan ko pa dati yung paparating palang ang G2nu hehe
God Bless!
Rockin' for Jesus 

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6154 on: May 19, 2014, 05:22:02 PM »
I got a Zoom G3X last week... All I can say is that this is the best multi effects ive ever had so far and really perfect for my rig...

I tried to pair it with my analog pedalboard just to hear its effectiveness...

Since it is very effective and useful for my needs, I came back to my old and very reliable 13x23 pedalboard and put all my pedals together:

awesome tones!!!

good stuff man! hirap ako makachamba ng g3x, though may expression pedal naman ako..mas gusto ko yung compact at isang unit lang lahat..

By the way, Im falling in love again wiith my zoom MS50g...for BASS!...in a project band taking band duties and, for some added flair sa tugtugan..napaka helpful ng ms50g...pang palabok lang..and maliit and compact..easy to carry..lalo sa subway commuter...tried to bring a pedalboard last rehearsal..pero I think tama lang 1 pedal..MS 50g..nagdala pa ako compressor,tuner, at parang dirt pedal..pero I eneded up using more of the little bugger..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline kune_km

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6155 on: May 19, 2014, 05:35:54 PM »

good stuff man! hirap ako makachamba ng g3x, though may expression pedal naman ako..mas gusto ko yung compact at isang unit lang lahat..

By the way, Im falling in love again wiith my zoom MS50g...for BASS!...in a project band taking band duties and, for some added flair sa tugtugan..napaka helpful ng ms50g...pang palabok lang..and maliit and compact..easy to carry..lalo sa subway commuter...tried to bring a pedalboard last rehearsal..pero I think tama lang 1 pedal..MS 50g..nagdala pa ako compressor,tuner, at parang dirt pedal..pero I eneded up using more of the little bugger..

nice to hear that...

as for me, I traded my ms50g + 2 other pedals just to get this g3x. i am more satisfied with the trade... though, very sulit and compact talaga ang ms50g, mas marami functionalities talaga ang g3x, plus the expression pedal...
To GOD be the Glory!!!<br /><br /><br /><br />http://smileyicons.net/s/225.gif

Offline Kennyadry

« Reply #6156 on: May 19, 2014, 06:36:16 PM »
Hello People...just new here, here's my pedal board with the zoom g3x on it :)

"I play the notes as they are written, but it is God who makes the music.”

Offline El Mariachi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6157 on: May 19, 2014, 08:15:30 PM »

pareho po tayo sir gandy! mas nag-eenjoy at very satisfied ako sa compact characteristic ng MS50g.. laking tulong, kaya ng switch ako ng G3 to MS50g at G2nu to G2.1u..  :-P

share ko lang po pic ng pedalboard ko:

Zoom! Zoom! Zoom!  :wave:

Offline lestervai

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6158 on: May 20, 2014, 08:27:40 AM »
guys guys, anu kayang problema pag tapak ko ng switch sa g2.1u minsan ayaw pero minsan kumakagat naman? both swithces eh.. tsktsk.

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6159 on: May 20, 2014, 02:11:16 PM »
Notorious ang zoom with regards to tact switches. I suggest you have it checked by a tech.
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc

Offline lestervai

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6160 on: May 20, 2014, 03:55:15 PM »
Notorious ang zoom with regards to tact switches. I suggest you have it checked by a tech.

sir, san kaya pwede ipatingin to?

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6161 on: May 20, 2014, 04:03:38 PM »
Refer to section "B" of this thread.
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc

Offline SexyLicks

• Formerly known as "Paokour"
« Reply #6162 on: May 22, 2014, 02:15:02 PM »
How about some Eric Johnson or Richie Kotzen Patches or Santana ? :D I just want to see if any zoom product can get those?

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6163 on: May 22, 2014, 04:12:37 PM »
How about some Eric Johnson or Richie Kotzen Patches or Santana ? :D I just want to see if any zoom product can get those?

Kotzen made some patches on the g3/5, there is also one that emulates santana's lead tone I just forgot if its on g3/5 or on the g1.

check this site if you're lazy dialing and capturing tones guitarpatches.com

Offline metalheadz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6164 on: May 22, 2014, 04:43:06 PM »
Hey MS50G users, can you power that pedal via usb rather than a psu? :-D
how satisfied are with the sound of the supposed powerful single stomp? I would wanna switch to that for convenience and travel-ability  :-D 
Psalm 119:105
Colossians 2:8
"We love because he first loved us." - 1 John 4:19

Offline El Mariachi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6165 on: May 22, 2014, 07:55:26 PM »
Hey MS50G users, can you power that pedal via usb rather than a psu? :-D
how satisfied are with the sound of the supposed powerful single stomp? I would wanna switch to that for convenience and travel-ability  :-D

yes you can..basta same ampere ratings ung usb power supply.. very satisfied sa sound outputs especially, modulations... pero disappointing, regarding drives and noisy amp sims..   :-P

Offline metalheadz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6166 on: May 22, 2014, 08:15:09 PM »
yes you can..basta same ampere ratings ung usb power supply.. very satisfied sa sound outputs especially, modulations... pero disappointing, regarding drives and noisy amp sims..   :-P
was going to focus on the drive souns and amp sims, that kinda sucks to hear -_- my search continues for a tiny yet awesome sounding me pedal hehe thanks for the reply :-D

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6167 on: May 22, 2014, 08:33:34 PM »
was going to focus on the drive souns and amp sims, that kinda sucks to hear -_- my search continues for a tiny yet awesome sounding me pedal hehe thanks for the reply :-D

I gave away my ms50g but I'll vouch for it as a compact go-to pedal.

the amp sims are decent enough even comparable to some of pods on-board amp sims, the drive sounds needs a bit of tweaking but you'll get nice tones at the right settings. The mods are somehow thin at some point(I hated the chorus sound) but I'm not a heavy modulation guy so that's just me.

Its not an epic stand-alone pedal,Its still far from achieving the status of being the pedal to rule em' all, but its capable enough on its own right. 

I currently own a g5

Offline geda

« Reply #6168 on: May 22, 2014, 09:46:09 PM »
Mga-zoomers na naka G5, n try nyo i-direct sa PA or mixer from xlr output? ano magandang active speaker na 12 inc? TIA

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6169 on: May 22, 2014, 10:15:59 PM »
Mga-zoomers na naka G5, n try nyo i-direct sa PA or mixer from xlr output? ano magandang active speaker na 12 inc? TIA

:? the XLR output on the g5 seems to function well as an XLR output,just make sure its on Direct mode.

But I don't know if I answered it right I somehow feel lost in your question.

Offline metalheadz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6170 on: May 22, 2014, 10:41:57 PM »
I gave away my ms50g but I'll vouch for it as a compact go-to pedal.

the amp sims are decent enough even comparable to some of pods on-board amp sims, the drive sounds needs a bit of tweaking but you'll get nice tones at the right settings. The mods are somehow thin at some point(I hated the chorus sound) but I'm not a heavy modulation guy so that's just me.

Its not an epic stand-alone pedal,Its still far from achieving the status of being the pedal to rule em' all, but its capable enough on its own right. 

I currently own a g5
its a g5, very far from the ms50g,although from the youtube videos they really sound nice supposedly especially the amp sims which are the most important stuff for me, maybe i should just try it and see if i like it for my ears hehe but thanks for the honest to goodness review of it, my search narrows from the other compact stuff hehe

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6171 on: May 22, 2014, 11:00:06 PM »
its a g5, very far from the ms50g,although from the youtube videos they really sound nice supposedly especially the amp sims which are the most important stuff for me, maybe i should just try it and see if i like it for my ears hehe but thanks for the honest to goodness review of it, my search narrows from the other compact stuff hehe

I owned an MS50g before.

Offline metalheadz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6172 on: May 22, 2014, 11:11:26 PM »
I owned an MS50g before.
yes sir i read that part, was just expressing my 2 cents but darn the fact i cant find another small stomp multi effect with amp sims, i guess ill just have to try this and pair it with my fav wah hehe :lol:

its also because of this vid got me hooked cause one setting captured my sound haha :lol:

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6173 on: May 22, 2014, 11:20:20 PM »
yes sir i read that part, was just expressing my 2 cents but darn the fact i cant find another small stomp multi effect with amp sims, i guess ill just have to try this and pair it with my fav wah hehe :lol:

its also because of this vid got me hooked cause one setting captured my sound haha :lol:

zoom's new pedal looks promising  :cool: G1Xon. With regards to Amp sim try mo yung BIAS for IOS,sounds decent.  :lol:
So far the best amp emulation I ever really heard came from a Kemper.

Offline metalheadz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6174 on: May 23, 2014, 10:21:44 AM »
zoom's new pedal looks promising  :cool: G1Xon. With regards to Amp sim try mo yung BIAS for IOS,sounds decent.  :lol:
So far the best amp emulation I ever really heard came from a Kemper.
Im more of a live guy than a software guy hehe I just need a gadget that I could fit into a bag small bag hehe