hulika

Author Topic: Gear that find their way back to you  (Read 4326 times)

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Gear that find their way back to you
« on: October 29, 2013, 10:58:12 AM »
I can't find a similar story so...

Yes! Do you have gear that you sold, traded-in, misplaced, got stolen, or whatever the heck happened that made the two of you part ways? After some time, you start having regrets on letting them go or losing them and start to look for the people you sold them to; post ads for rewards, or go on a frenzied search on the ads.

And then your gear eventually find it's way back to you (sometimes unexpectedly). I have two stories, but I'll post em later.  ^-^

You might have some to share. Other people in the forum may also concur with your stories because your gear have gone through them! This should be fun (I think).
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman

Offline ziondelapena

Re: Gear that find their way back to you
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 02:48:51 PM »
My Boss DD-3. I've sold it twice (once to a former office mate and once to a friend of mine), and it's found its way back to me. There's also my first electric guitar that I'm still hoping will find its way back to me. A Squier stratocaster that I left in the trunk of a taxi way back in 2006. I'll update you if/when it comes back. :p

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 03:02:18 PM »
my #1 guitar, 2007 Goldie (wildwood)

traded before i went abroad in 2009, and bought it back last year, glad it wasn't used, just stored at Tom's living room

here it is when i got it last Dec 2008, as a gift

here it is now

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 03:04:15 PM »
Sadly none yet :(

I wish I get my Vox Valvetronix XL 212 back. Loved that amp.

Offline rrmode1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 04:29:01 PM »
I sold a Barge Concepts BB jr. fuzz back to its original owner a few months back. I think the pedal went through at least 3 different people bago nya nakuha uli.

Which reminds me. I wish I still had the bb jr.  :lol:

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 05:26:24 PM »
My Boss DD-3. I've sold it twice (once to a former office mate and once to a friend of mine), and it's found its way back to me. There's also my first electric guitar that I'm still hoping will find its way back to me. A Squier stratocaster that I left in the trunk of a taxi way back in 2006. I'll update you if/when it comes back. :p

Aray ko.. sakit nun brod. Sana nga bumalik.  :)
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 05:30:31 PM »
Here was/is my 1974 Fender Mustang... binigay to saken ng barkada ko na nagmigrate ng U.S. It was in no playing condition nung iniwan saken. And, I had no interest in offsets, so I just had it lying around the house for a long time..

Old pic:

Come 2009, nung nakakita ako ng Gibson gothic LP (CARABAO yuhooo!!!) sa ads being sold by a guy who collects vintage guitars (mikeberzamina). We agreed on a trade, being pareho naman US guitars, I thought the trade was fair enough and a win-win situation. Now.. come December 2009... eto na malapit na kasal namin hehehe.. time to sell the Gibson... and it sold fast.

Fast forward to mid-2010, when I went abroad, nagkausap kami ni friend na nagbigay ng Mustang saken. "Kumusta gitara ko?"... "Ay pare, me sasabihin ako sayo..." LOL. So to save face, I offered to buy him a new guitar.. which he disappointingly but respectfully declined. Guilty ako shempre so the hunt is on.

Wala na daw kay original buyer/trader. So kala ko wala na talaga. Come late 2011.. sumulpot sa PGT! (rip)... kinontak ko seller (manila.guitar.exchange) pero reserved na daw! So I cried and I begged. LOL. He ended up selling it to me, in two payments... pag sumablay daw ako ng payment.. he will give me the beating of my life wahaha.

There goes.

Eto sya ngayon. Well, last year pala.. pero nasaken pa naman haha.  :-D

It came back to me in playing condition... plus a period correct but battered fender hardcase.

― Duane Allman

Offline rrmode1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 05:44:21 PM »
Nickson, ano sabi nung kaibigan mo when he found out that you got the guitar back? :)

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 05:48:40 PM »
Here was/is my 1974 Fender Mustang... binigay to saken ng barkada ko na nagmigrate ng U.S. It was in no playing condition nung iniwan saken. And, I had no interest in offsets, so I just had it lying around the house for a long time..

Old pic:

Come 2009, nung nakakita ako ng Gibson gothic LP (CARABAO yuhooo!!!) sa ads being sold by a guy who collects vintage guitars (mikeberzamina). We agreed on a trade, being pareho naman US guitars, I thought the trade was fair enough and a win-win situation. Now.. come December 2009... eto na malapit na kasal namin hehehe.. time to sell the Gibson... and it sold fast.

Fast forward to mid-2010, when I went abroad, nagkausap kami ni friend na nagbigay ng Mustang saken. "Kumusta gitara ko?"... "Ay pare, me sasabihin ako sayo..." LOL. So to save face, I offered to buy him a new guitar.. which he disappointingly but respectfully declined. Guilty ako shempre so the hunt is on.

Wala na daw kay original buyer/trader. So kala ko wala na talaga. Come late 2011.. sumulpot sa PGT! (rip)... kinontak ko seller (manila.guitar.exchange) pero reserved na daw! So I cried and I begged. LOL. He ended up selling it to me, in two payments... pag sumablay daw ako ng payment.. he will give me the beating of my life wahaha.

There goes.

It came back to me in playing condition... plus a period correct but battered fender hardcase.

Wag mo nang ibebenta yan! That Gothic LP was so ... hmm.. I don't know.. "blah". Hahaha. Good thing that came back..

I'm still searching for my good old 94 Gibson LP Studio (sold 2008 I think to JericoJulioLab) - sold it to help the family ease through a financial problem.. I think it was sold to blues boy or something, I forgot. He offered that guitar to me, but the deal never materialized for some reason. He sold it to someone who's a non-forumer... anyway.. I don't where that guitar is now, but being my first Gibson, it surely raised the benchmark for tone and will always have a special place in my heart. (DRAMA!!  :cry:)

If anyone has that guitar, please message me (or text me at 0917 8128656) and I'll gladly buy it from you now, no questions asked.

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 05:49:11 PM »
Nickson, ano sabi nung kaibigan mo when he found out that you got the guitar back? :)

Pinost ko yan sa FB eh, tinag ko sya.. sabi nya "Bumili ka pa ulit ng bago???"

Sabi ko "oo para pampalit sa nawala mo"... nagulat pa eh, nag abala pa daw ako eh okay lang naman daw sa kanya yung nangyari..hahaha. Nung sinabi ko sa kanya na yan yung original nyang guitar.. natuwa naman sya. Tas sinabihan na lang ako na wag ko na ulit papakawalan.. or he will give me the beating of my life. Wahaha. Joke na yung part na yun.

It's a keeper IMHO. Interesting short scale.

― Duane Allman

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 05:54:27 PM »
Wag mo nang ibebenta yan! That Gothic LP was so ... hmm.. I don't know.. "blah". Hahaha. Good thing that came back..

I'm still searching for my good old 94 Gibson LP Studio (sold 2008 I think to JericoJulioLab) - sold it to help the family ease through a financial problem.. I think it was sold to blues boy or something, I forgot. He offered that guitar to me, but the deal never materialized for some reason. He sold it to someone who's a non-forumer... anyway.. I don't where that guitar is now, but being my first Gibson, it surely raised the benchmark for tone and will always have a special place in my heart. (DRAMA!!  :cry:)

If anyone has that guitar, please message me (or text me at 0917 8128656) and I'll gladly buy it from you now, no questions asked.

Yes bro.. never letting this one go. I think bagay sya ibitin sa pader pag nakapag ayos na kami ng bahay... maganda din kasi pagkaka roadworn nya. And a good conversation piece kasi medyo gitara ng barkada dati ito nung college eh. So I'll be the lucky bastard kasi saken napadpad hehe.

― Duane Allman

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 06:20:58 PM »
Yes bro.. never letting this one go. I think bagay sya ibitin sa pader pag nakapag ayos na kami ng bahay... maganda din kasi pagkaka roadworn nya. And a good conversation piece kasi medyo gitara ng barkada dati ito nung college eh. So I'll be the lucky bastard kasi saken napadpad hehe.

Sobrang daming memories niyan I'm sure, gitara ba naman ng barkada eh. I actually posted and contacted the previous owner of my old Gibby, haha, I hope it shows up. :)

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 07:03:52 PM »
I sold my RG7620 last 2008 and after 5 years i got it back (after passing through 3 Philmusic members).  I tracked it down last June since i was GASsing again for a 7string guitar

2007 pic

2013 pic

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 07:51:47 PM »
^Nice! Talagang meron pa din mga binabalik-balikan na gitara ano?

One more guitar I would like to have back was my Mint Collection Greco LPC in tobacco/vintage sunburst finish. Pero impossible na kasi pinapinturahan na ng bagong me ari to TV yellow.

:cry:

― Duane Allman

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 11:19:17 PM »
I sold a Barge Concepts BB jr. fuzz back to its original owner a few months back. I think the pedal went through at least 3 different people bago nya nakuha uli.

Which reminds me. I wish I still had the bb jr.  :lol:

Hey bro. That was me! :) Glad to have it back!

I sold my Fromunda Fuzz (Lovetone Big Cheese Boutique Clone) and bought it back. :)

I think thats the only one.

Offline rrmode1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 11:45:14 PM »

I sold my Fromunda Fuzz (Lovetone Big Cheese Boutique Clone) and bought it back. :)

Hey, man. If ever maisipan mong ibenta yung bb jr, ako na una mong i-contact.  :lol:

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 02:19:18 AM »
This is a very interesting thread! Makapag-subscribe na nga!  :-D
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 02:37:06 AM »

That Fromunda rings a bell. I got a nice pair of shoes coz of it when the Miss's was pregnant.
Glad you have it back pre.
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2013, 12:39:12 PM »
How are the reconciliations going? :D

Here's another question... did you actually pay for more than the price you let them go?  :-D I know I did!

The mustang came back to me in tip-top shape with all of these done:

- refret
- new pickups
- new bridge
- new knobs
- new strap buttons
- new Fender tuners
- re-wired
- setup
- vintage road-worn hardcase

IMHO, the large jump in the amount/trade value is justified by the mods/repair done vs. it's shape at the time I let it go.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 05:47:15 AM by nickson »

― Duane Allman

Offline giftmones

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2013, 01:13:21 PM »
I want my es335 limited edition dot royale back.

I have regrets selling it, sana ibenta ulit nung pinagbentahan ko yung es335. :cry: :cry:

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2013, 06:00:09 PM »

Hey, man. If ever maisipan mong ibenta yung bb jr, ako na una mong i-contact.  :lol:

Sure thing! :)

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2013, 06:06:21 PM »
That Fromunda rings a bell. I got a nice pair of shoes coz of it when the Miss's was pregnant.
Glad you have it back pre.

Hey Pallas! Yep those were the early days of my fuzz quest and sold it by mistake!

Glad to have it back! Its my go-to fuzz from hendrix to young to jayhawks to smashing to wilco!

Glad you got to make the wife happy with the proceeds! :)

Hows that echorec?

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2013, 09:50:26 PM »
Couldn't part with this classic.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 09:53:34 PM by nickson »

― Duane Allman

Offline electromark

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2013, 08:07:12 AM »

Old pic:

There goes.

ganda ng story sir. buti naman nahanap nyo ulit. sa nangyari na yun eh mas nadagdagan sentimental value nung guitar :)

Offline ziondelapena

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2013, 10:21:44 AM »
Aray ko.. sakit nun brod. Sana nga bumalik.  :)

Iniyakan ko yun for 2 weeks.  :lol: