hulika

Author Topic: chicosci - LOCKED!!!!  (Read 16760 times)

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: chicosci
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2006, 01:56:41 PM »
I disagree. First off what if this whole "emo" fad didn't happen, do you think chicosuck would still change their whole imagery & sound? At least Metallica still played their old stuff live during their "Load/Reload" phase, so they at least regained some credibility that they lost when they recorded those albums. "Selling out" is changing your music to sound like whatever's popular nowadays, plain & simple. If there was indeed a change in their musical tastes shouldn't they have just incorporated these influences to their own music that people are already familiar with to create something new & exciting, instead of changing their overall sound? 

They changed their sound, but it wasn't because they wanted to sound like whatever's popular. they changed it, and that's what it ended up as...kasalanan ba nila kung yung tastes nila are more in a popular vein? being a sellout means changing it for popularity's sake alone, hindi dahil gusto nila...eh gusto nila yung type of music na yun eh, so sell out ba yun? Kasalanan rin ba kung ayaw na nila talaga yung old sound nila, or that they have evolved so much that the old sound is not what they are anymore?

I can respect not liking their music - heck, I don't like some of their music myself, but at least the fact that they are doing what they like to do, not what others tell them to do should be acknowledged.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 02:47:13 PM by BassCog »

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2006, 10:42:24 AM »
they changed their style for the love of MONEY NOW..

its not for the love of music.. yeah.. many bands already changed their musical styles but never they never forget their old roots.. metallica still plays SAd but true during live even with their new bassist..

they still play old kick ass songs.. altough its not like them anymore..

in chicosci's part. they werent against the flow anymore.. nataglay na sila ng Emoks

Offline franco

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2006, 11:08:40 AM »

its not for the love of music.. yeah.. many bands already changed their musical styles but never they never forget their old roots.. metallica still plays SAd but true during live even with their new bassist..

in chicosci's part. they werent against the flow anymore.. nataglay na sila ng Emoks

it's weird how you guys compare chicosci with metallica  :|  weird...
if you can't join them, beat them!

Offline nevermindemily

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2006, 03:19:16 PM »
Pero nung natapos isa nilang song, may mga sumigaw ng "Paris" at "Glass is Broken". Request daw. Na bad trip kami nun kasi pinagtawanan sila ni miggy at ni mong. Parang humirit pa si Miggy na di daw nila alam yun at di daw nila kanta yun.

Tingnan natin kung hindi pa nila tugtugin uli yang mga nasa Art of Breathing kung lumabas na ang GlassJAw album.

haha! kaya nga eh... oh well... bahala sila... :roll:
still insane...

Offline Mustspit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2006, 04:48:25 PM »
may nasabi ang chicosci tungkol sa changing of their music sa pulp interview... parang "di raw sila pwede mastuck sa isang genre.. na mga sigawan lang at maingay na tunog...kung gusto niyo raw ng maingay palagi.. makinig na lang daw kayo ng hatebreed ahahahaha!  8-) :evil:

It's been 2 hours and 6 days, since you made my world a cold place, with nothing to see, and nothing to hear, i walk alone with a hope inside me, and this world refused to guide me, with nothing to feel and this wounds won't heal...

Offline MarkRelos

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2006, 08:15:02 PM »
its not the genre ...
its just that its not pinoy rock no more
At sa pag tulog ng gabi maririnig ang dasal na ang kabataan uhaw sa tunay na pag mamahal " -

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2006, 02:04:33 AM »

Everyone knows Metallica started out playing thrash but when this whole "alternative" fad came about in the early 90s they released the "Load/Reload" albums. Chicosci started out playing nu-metal but when this whole "emo" trend came about they also started playing emo. Go figure.

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2006, 02:17:20 AM »
They changed their sound, but it wasn't because they wanted to sound like whatever's popular.
Hahaha, I find this hard to believe.

Offline bigtimecommercial

« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2006, 04:49:11 AM »
for me, i dont like chicosci. di sila consistent sa music. they play only for whats the trend. they started from rap metal tas ngaun emo, punk pa. ginagaya pa ang my chemical romance. well, itanggi man nila un obvious naman di ba. consistency sa music is what makes a good band or musician. pag consistent ka sa mga tugtog mo it means you have your own style and not just following any trends. chicosci sucks. big time.
Growing old isn\\\'t bad at all.

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2006, 01:57:18 PM »

Everyone knows Metallica started out playing thrash but when this whole "alternative" fad came about in the early 90s they released the "Load/Reload" albums. Chicosci started out playing nu-metal but when this whole "emo" trend came about they also started playing emo. Go figure.

Yehey!!!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 01:58:50 PM by bugoy »

Offline bigtimecommercial

« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2006, 05:28:23 PM »
but the point is, they play for what's "in". chicosci still sucks.
Growing old isn\\\'t bad at all.

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2006, 06:28:13 PM »
pero ung ibang metal na banda kung ano ang nasimulan nila ganun parin sila hangang ngayon. medyo hindi nga lang madami ung mabigat na kanta na ginagawa nila. tulad ng slipknot,mudvayne,deftones,stone sour basta madami pa..

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2006, 06:02:56 PM »
i dont compare chicosci to metallica...

its just how both bands changed their music style..

Chicosci is never close to metallica

Offline poetic_tragedy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2006, 07:20:42 PM »
haha! grabe dami critics! :-D sana mabasa ng chicosci ito..para naman ma-depensahan nila sarili nila. :-D malamang madaming tumahimik dito. :lol:
Who should be blame when a leaf fell from a tree?...
Is it the wind that blew it away?
Or the tree that let it go? Or is it the leaf itself which never held tight?  *Mabuhay ang LOLATECHS 2007* "LOLA mo, LOLA ko...LOLA nating lahat!" - Boy Chillax

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2006, 08:02:19 PM »
the world's full of critics..

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »
correction, the world is full of critics who doesn't have concrete criticisms.  :lol:
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuņa Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys

Offline MikEh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2006, 11:49:37 PM »
diba anyone can be a critic?

the thing about them not knowing how to play Paris sucks peas... man, that's one of their best songs IMO... but yeah, cguro nga dahil sa tuning.

i really don't give a frick if they're sell outs or not. kung ano trip nila, wala na tayong magagwa. kumbaga: we listen they make the music. if you don't like their music don't listen and stop complaining. it's their thing and that's what they wanna do.

i liked them better before going emo, but i give props to them for expanding their music. pangit naman kung puro metal ka lang. dapat may alam kang iba.

medyo OT na to, pero dun sa mga nakaka alam, diba ang Finch parang ganito din nangyari? First screamo-ish sila, tapos sa 2nd album naging metal-ish(?) and ang daming nag disapprove sa move na yun? (but they grew musically)

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2006, 11:54:06 PM »
like slapshock ripping off killswitch engage?  :lol:
Drummer / Keyboardist

Offline MikEh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2006, 11:57:44 PM »
like slapshock ripping off killswitch engage?  :lol:

ayun lang!

ayus lang maging emo, pero wag lang rip-off!

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2006, 12:02:25 AM »
teka maayos ko lang ha,

di ba iba ang expanding music sa rippin' off a kind of music? but still, those who rip-off says they didn't. tsaka diba iba ang rip-off sa influences? kasi sa pagkakaalam ko, influences affect the sound you want to come out samantalang rippin' off is just copying and changing the chord pattern?
Drummer / Keyboardist

Offline MikEh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2006, 12:12:36 AM »
what i meant about expanding their music is mas nagiging versatile(?) sila in their music style or genre.

well, kung chord patterns ang paguusapan, mahirap maging orig. somehow, somewhere, may naka isip na ng ganung pattern.

my opinion on those who deny ripping off other people: i think they're just covering for their arse. if you think about it, pag inamin nila, lagot sila sa copyrights and other stuff. baka mawalan pa sila ng trabaho.

yeah, influences are definitely different from ripping off. influences = inspiration; rip-off = copy/paste

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2006, 01:01:18 AM »
haha! grabe dami critics! :-D sana mabasa ng chicosci ito..para naman ma-depensahan nila sarili nila. :-D malamang madaming tumahimik dito. :lol:
I'll be waiting.

Offline avery97

« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2006, 02:28:31 AM »
Lahat naman nagbago ha! so what's the issue!...ang METALLICA from the 80's na mabilis na metal now medyo mellow pro metal pa rin...,ang KISS from hard rock, nag disco rin sila remember(napanood ko lang sa VH1),Beastie boys from PUNK, tapos naging HIP HOP , ang SLAPSHOCK naman rapmetal dati,now parang METAL nalang...ang CHICOSCI metal dati now EMO, OKS lang talaga..lahat ng band na namention, is COOL pa rin now!!!

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2006, 02:35:49 AM »
OO NGA C JEFF WALKER DTI GRINDCORE ANG 2G2GAN SA CARCASS PERO NGAUN COUNTRY N CYA. JEFF WALKER IS SO FUKKIN COOL!!!11!

Offline spazzkid

« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2006, 02:49:23 AM »
OO NGA C JEFF WALKER DTI GRINDCORE ANG 2G2GAN SA CARCASS PERO NGAUN COUNTRY N CYA. JEFF WALKER IS SO FUKKIN COOL!!!11!

OT: really? wow. ano pangalan ng country project nya? would like to hear what it sounds like heheh.