hulika

Author Topic: Audio Out Need Help :)  (Read 1421 times)

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
Audio Out Need Help :)
« on: November 18, 2006, 07:35:47 PM »
Sir KitC and all hope you can help me. having a terrible day already

I Have let go of my I also let go of my Alesis Multimix 16 FW and replaced it with Miltimix 8 FW, my M1-Active 520 Speakers and 1820m to my cuz studio... so i installed my Audigy ZS Platinum again as my default Sound Card.

Here it goes. Im able to get the audio in and out from pc to the mixer and vice versa using Multimix ASIO. What im trying to achieve now is do input ASIO on the DAW Apps w/c includes Sonar/Cubase and Adudition and during playback sounds will out on the Sound Card which i didnt have problems before with EMU and Alesis. When i use ASIO Multimedia Driver it does the job that i wanna achieve BUT i cant specify seperate Line In on Different Tracks.

Is there a possibility that its a conflict between the 2?

Thanks in Advance.
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: Audio Out Need Help :)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 08:34:01 PM »
Jepoy,

Asio only addresses one audio device at a time. You can use the Asio Multimedia driver but my experience with it is varied; loss of sync between cards and usually high latency. Did you activate the inputs in Asio Multimedia's panel? You're supposed to check the various I/O and perform buffer and sync tests after which it's supposed to tell you whether sync is possible or not. Like I said earlier, YMMV.

I think you should also try Asio4all although I'm not sure if the Multimix WDM drivers are good enough.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 08:47:57 PM »
tnx for the quick reply :)

yup i did run simulation and buffer checking on asio multimedia control panel.

where do i download ASIO4ALL?

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 11:50:07 PM »
Believe it or not, it's at Asio4all.com.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 11:57:48 PM »
Thank You So Much Bossing!!

its all working na! :)

panalo tong drivers na to. Problem Solved!!!!

eto pala bossing bagong setup ko http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,17408.75.html
:)

bibili pa lang ako next month ng Behringer MS40 for monitors. kapos sa budget eh :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 11:59:51 PM by edgeofillusion-jepoy »

Offline skin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 05:34:25 PM »
mas maganda ang kxproject for SB... www.kxproject.com

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 05:38:59 PM »
nice bro.

any review site for the drivers?

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 06:17:12 PM »
I used to use kx drivers for my SBLive. Much better latency than with standard Creative drivers. The routing can be confusing due to the lack of labels, but very flexible and really opens up what the card can do. Unfortunately, it will not improve the noisefloor of the card itself. It will not work with the USB Audigy and the XFi, though.

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 06:27:02 PM »
ok na sir KitC. already installed ASIO4ALL

thanks so much!