hulika

Author Topic: i STILL swear by my egyptian-papyrus-in-antique-baby-rhino-tear-duct-oil caps  (Read 12430 times)

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
whatever man. my million dollar ears and hundreds of thousands of pesos worth of experience can hear it and you can't.

http://www.aqdi.com/tonecap.htm

the schience means nothing. go talk guitars with Neil Degrasse Tyson.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
para ba tong skalarizer thingamajig phenomenon?  nice read!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline horge

i STILL swear by my egyptian-papyrus-in-antique-baby-rhino-tear-duct-oil caps

I've never heard of antique baby rhinos.
:wink:

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
I've never heard of antique baby rhinos.
:wink:
they've hunted them to extinction in that province. meron pa yata sa aklan.

Offline gyrome

• Forum Fanatic
Long read. But nice. And I just got myself 2pcs. of vitamin q from spudmusic.  :mrgreen:

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
I think this guy is deaf ... at least to guitar frequency response that's why he needs a so called 'tool' to measure frequency response.  Even in the realm of hi-fi, they have measurements that determine frequency response but they would always advise that measurements do NOT sufficiently describe how the piece of gear sounds.

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
^by that same premise - and in the context of tone - does it mean one's s#it tone could be another's gold?

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
hehe tone caps naman ngayon ang usapan!

palagay ko mas may effect siya response ng pag adjust ng tone (i know potentiometer yung pinipihit, hindi cap). Pero palagay ko lang din yun kasi don't have much exposure sa napakaraming kinds niyan. tapos hindi rin naman sakto yung mga values yata.

..will keep my silence and just subscribe, lurk mode.

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
ang personal belief ko ay "kung shunted to ground - basta same ang value ng caps - walang difference ang material". baka nalilito ang ibang users kasi posibleng iba-iba ang experience nila dahil na rin sa value and taper ng potentiometer na ginamit, more than the cap type.

Offline BlackDiamond

• Philmusicus Addictus
for some weird reason naalala ko yung green capacitor!  :eek:
This forumite is a different person:
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?action=profile;u=43394
I'm not him! HMMP!

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
^anong meron sa green capacitor sir?

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
for some weird reason naalala ko yung green capacitor!  :eek:

Kinda OT but...

LOL

i actually had one of those green caps removed from an early 90s jap guitar after acquisition less than a couple of years ago.

BTT:

With all honesty, I  hear a diff between, let's say, an orange drop versus PIO. Maybe it's due to the inherent differences and variations in each of these caps, whether or not they are the same brand and variant, that make the difference? Having said that, the improvements (or deterioration) a tone cap gives is very minimal and IMO, a waste of time and money to spend and invest on. While I try to use famous and better branded caps on my guitars whenever possible, I will have to admit that I only prefer them because of the added "pogi points" they give.  :-D

Offline gyrome

• Forum Fanatic
Sakin obvious ang pagkakaiba ng tunog. Ang ginawa ko, naggitara muna ako bago ko palitan ang orange drop sa strat ko ng vitamin q. Mas warm sya. Lalo na sa neck, sarap magrhythm na naka OD.

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
then try them on a rotary switch para makita ang pagkakaiba ng so-called response. even caps on a push-pull tone pot would suffice.

Offline af_villaruel

• Forum Fanatic

No perceptible difference, insofar as I am concerned. Then again, I may not have ears of gold to be able to distinguish.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
^by that same premise - and in the context of tone - does it mean one's s#it tone could be another's gold?

Like real life, there is real s#it and there is real gold.  The only difference is that there is only one standard of pure gold while there a million varieties of s#it.

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
ang personal belief ko ay "kung shunted to ground - basta same ang value ng caps - walang difference ang material". baka nalilito ang ibang users kasi posibleng iba-iba ang experience nila dahil na rin sa value and taper ng potentiometer na ginamit, more than the cap type.

. meron ako cts 500k, zinc thread, brass thread at tvt cts from retrospect. may difference kahit same value. pero pag lagi on 10, same lang. pag nag roll ka lang tsaka mo maririnig.
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus

No perceptible difference, insofar as I am concerned. Then again, I may not have ears of gold to be able to distinguish.

If you use youtube as your basis but then again I rarely know of anyone who plugs into a computer and goes thru a LAN back into another computer with a sound card going into a set of PC speakers perform with that configuration live.

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
Like real life, there is real s#it and there is real gold.  The only difference is that there is only one standard of pure gold while there a million varieties of s#it.

that reminds me why ancient people preferred to trade silver to silk.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus

Just one point, eh kung parating shunted to ground; bakit pa kailangan ng cap?  Obviously, when we talk about caps we assume that we plan to use them.

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
If you use youtube as your basis but then again I rarely know of anyone who plugs into a computer and goes thru a LAN back into another computer with a sound card going into a set of PC speakers perform with that configuration live.

agree. nakarinig na ako ng magagandang rig, pag dating sa youtube, parang at least 50% ang nawala,  imagine a good beautiful woman na ang ganda in person tapos pagkakuha ng photo, pumanget. lol

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
Just one point, eh kung parating shunted to ground; bakit pa kailangan ng cap?  Obviously, when we talk about caps we assume that we plan to use them.

caps shunted to ground from the signal line provides filtering. so how do cap types matter when your 500K tone pot is at max (10), then?

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
forget tone, ganito lng yan. are you guys willing to pay 63 usd   luxe bumblebees for your squier?

or a 50 pesos orange cap will do? :idea:
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
^ of course another angle po yan.

some times when people discuss things, they assume na you already have a good guitar and a good amp etc

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
forget tone, ganito lng yan. are you guys willing to pay 63 usd   luxe bumblebees for your squier?

or a 50 pesos orange cap will do? :idea:

Willing...

but for the wrong reasons.

:lol: