2 (2.4%)
Marty Friedman
6 (7.1%)
Dave Mustaine
13 (15.3%)
James Hetfield
9 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: WHO IS THE BEST METAL GUITARIST?  (Read 35194 times)

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: WHO IS THE BEST METAL GUITARIST?
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2006, 10:01:49 AM »
We all loved Dimebag.. years will pass but hes passion for music will never be forgotten

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2006, 12:57:01 PM »
wow!  dime is way ahead the race!

Hehehe! Siguro dapat pag-isahin na lang ung poll nina James Hetfield & Kirk Hammet, Dave Mustaine & Marty Friedman, and Kerry King & Jeff Hanneman para may laban-laban sila. :-P

Anyway these guitar-tandems made their stamps in Metal when they were a team.

Para din maging malinaw, na kaya sila lahat ni Dimebag! :evil:
One-man assault! :evil:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 12:58:31 PM by SDMF »
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline CYANIDE BOMB

« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2006, 09:45:37 AM »

here are some metal guitarist that would kick those old school dinosaurs ass

Micheal and christopher amoot = arch enemy

Frederick thordenthal and marten hagstorm= meshuggah

gus g = dream evil etc.

jeff loomis=nevermore

muhammed suicmez=necrophagist

marc rizzo(this guy can play awesome flamengo stuff) =soulfly

devin townsend = strapping young lad

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2006, 09:51:15 AM »
Cough!cough!cough!!

:roll:
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline deadlifted

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2006, 10:16:46 AM »
kung wala yung mga dinosaurs na yun, hindi magiging ganyan kagaling lahat ng mga yan.  :mrgreen:
proud owner of Max Rufo custom guitars. call (02) 4427908

Offline nuno

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2006, 10:38:57 AM »
i go for zakk  :mrgreen:

Offline CYANIDE BOMB

« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2006, 09:00:29 PM »

No offense but  those old school dinosaurs like jaymz,kerry,kirk,zakk etc are grounbreaking actually i picked up the guitar bec. of those guys and still admire thier enormous contributions to music but neglecting this guistarist's that i mentioned thier enormous talent and skills is quite unfair but that's just me.

Its like watching Ken shamrock being beaten by tito ortiz i mean ken did his part his a hall of famer his a legend but u cant count out this new breed of talents cause this are the ppl whose next in line i mean the guys that i mentioned are not even new the amott brothers goes way back from micheal being in carcass and christopher doing the tribute song to malmsteen and meshuggah has been doing thier stuff way back in 1991.

The only conclusion i can come up with is that u guys are not much familiar with the stuff that those guitarist that i mentioned well i mean thats ok

peace out thnx 

Offline queso_

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2006, 10:23:41 PM »
ill go for dime.. iba iba kce tayo ng era eh.. ung iba satin sa era ng metallica, pantera etc... meron naman ung iba na sa era ngaun mga, mga present metal bands.. kaya d maiwasan ung napapangitan sa ibang bands or d nagaggalingan kce iba ung impact ng isang band sa bawat tao db?? 18 yrs old lang aku pero trip ko ung mga pantera, metallica, black label society etc.. kesa sa mga bago...

Offline woodstock

• Netizen Level
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2006, 10:38:30 PM »
Hanep sa background ni dimebag cosine a...  :evil:
EXCUSE ME, WHILE I KISS THE SKY... - Jimi Hendrix

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2006, 10:43:28 PM »

No offense but  those old school dinosaurs like jaymz,kerry,kirk,zakk etc are grounbreaking actually i picked up the guitar bec. of those guys and still admire thier enormous contributions to music but neglecting this guistarist's that i mentioned thier enormous talent and skills is quite unfair but that's just me.

Its like watching Ken shamrock being beaten by tito ortiz i mean ken did his part his a hall of famer his a legend but u cant count out this new breed of talents cause this are the ppl whose next in line i mean the guys that i mentioned are not even new the amott brothers goes way back from micheal being in carcass and christopher doing the tribute song to malmsteen and meshuggah has been doing thier stuff way back in 1991.

The only conclusion i can come up with is that u guys are not much familiar with the stuff that those guitarist that i mentioned well i mean thats ok

peace out thnx 

Nope, not in my case. I've heard those guys you mentioned.
And I'm not not impressed.

IMHO, as much as being technically proficient in guitar is important, I always give more credit to a player's song-writing ability. Creating their own menacing riffs with good songs, then solos. It's all about the song anyway. How far it can reach people.

I really don't care when a metal player says " Oh yeah my influences came from everywhere, malmsteem, classical, jazz, blah-blah..."
I'd always go, "now let me hear his own songs."

Because, it just takes practice to recreate somebody else's song you know...But creating your own song out of nothing requires both talent and inspiration.

That is why these players, above most of them have their own signature songs.
When you hear Dimebag's name...Cowboys from Hell.
Zakk Wylde....No More Tears.
Metallica...Master of Puppets...etc. etc.

This is also not saying that these songs are their greatest work, but songs that propelled them to greatness and caught the attention of metal fans. 8-)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 11:05:22 PM by SDMF »

Offline cryingfreeman

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2006, 11:00:07 PM »
Nasasayangan talaga ako kay J. Yuenger of White Zombie. He did simple but deadly riffs back then at La Sexorcisto and Astro-Creep: 2000. And his gain was damn heavy. Eye opener din cya during that time amidst the waves of grunge and alternative...

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2006, 11:04:34 PM »
Nasasayangan talaga ako kay J. Yuenger of White Zombie. He did simple but deadly riffs back then at La Sexorcisto and Astro-Creep: 2000. And his gain was damn heavy. Eye opener din cya during that time amidst the waves of grunge and alternative...

Yeah, I agree. Ano ba nangyare sa kay J.? San na un ngaun?
I just thought, Rob Zombie is one of those self-absorbed Vocalist who are so into themselves, thinking they are bigger than the band. So they went solo and broke a great band like White Zombie.
Hell, lead vocalist can be like that sometimes. :-D

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2006, 11:14:04 PM »
wala ako masyado alam sa mga guitarista eh. hehe pero ung dalawang guitarista ng slipknot. si mick at si james. ok naman sila? pati ung sa pantera. heheh.

Offline cryingfreeman

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2006, 11:17:28 PM »

Yeah, I agree. Ano ba nangyare sa kay J.? San na un ngaun?
I just thought, Rob Zombie is one of those self-absorbed Vocalist who are so into themselves, thinking they are bigger than the band. So they went solo and broke a great band like White Zombie.
Hell, lead vocalist can be like that sometimes. :-D

Si J.? Ayun nalulong sa mga side projects nya... hehehe. Ni isang side project nya walang sumikat. I agree with you, sayang talaga ang White Zombie..

Offline queso_

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2006, 01:02:12 AM »
mga chong ask ko lang... sa metal bands ba cnu nauunang sumikat, ung vocalist, drummer, bassist or gitarista?

Offline deadlifted

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2006, 01:20:15 AM »
sa tingin ko lang, sa metal kasi, usually riff driven ang kanta kaya ang guitarists ang unang sumisikat.
proud owner of Max Rufo custom guitars. call (02) 4427908

Offline MegaLLica

« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2006, 01:33:06 AM »

asking whos the best is quite a subjective thing but ill go for hetfield cause master of puppets just pummels every metal album in it's path

rust in peace would shred master of puppets.

i agree... :evil:
kulotski@pakshet.com
- josua -

Offline snidd

• Veteran Member
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2006, 01:37:35 AM »
mga chong ask ko lang... sa metal bands ba cnu nauunang sumikat, ung vocalist, drummer, bassist or gitarista?

dapat sabay sabay.. banda kasi eh.. hindi naman solo artist. kapayapaan!

Offline queso_

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2006, 01:52:46 AM »
dapat sabay sabay.. banda kasi eh.. hindi naman solo artist. kapayapaan!

oo nga dapat lahat sabay sabay... pero parang naaawa lang ako sa mga vocalist na mejo ok naman kumanta pero d ganu nagagamit,, parang ung sa dream theater.. db may vocalist cla pero minsan ko lang marng sa iba nilang songs na kumakanta un.. sa As i am ko narinig kumanta un,.. d ko pa nadownload ung discography nila eh so bka mali ako.

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2006, 02:45:38 AM »
sa tingin ko lang, sa metal kasi, usually riff driven ang kanta kaya ang guitarists ang unang sumisikat.

+1! 8-)

Offline MegaLLica

« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2006, 02:50:23 AM »
para sakin, sumisikat individually ang member ng banda based on their skills and attitude... :evil:
peace to all... :-D

kulotski@pakshet.com
- josua -

Offline toybitz

« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2006, 02:55:06 AM »

asking whos the best is quite a subjective thing but ill go for hetfield cause master of puppets just pummels every metal album in it's path

although sobrang fan ako ng Megadeth at Metallica, para sa akin naman, mas nagustuhan ko yun musicality at songwriting ng Puppets.
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline MegaLLica

« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2006, 03:03:59 AM »

although sobrang fan ako ng Megadeth at Metallica, para sa akin naman, mas nagustuhan ko yun musicality at songwriting ng Puppets.

oo bro, mganda ung musicallity at songwriting ng metallica, rust in peace is thrashier and faster, i'll add another point for riff-making and technicallity... :evil:
just my opinion.. i'm a fan of metallica too... :-D
kulotski@pakshet.com
- josua -

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2006, 03:45:02 AM »

oo bro, mganda ung musicallity at songwriting ng metallica, rust in peace is thrashier and faster, i'll add another point for riff-making and technicallity... :evil:
just my opinion.. i'm a fan of metallica too... :-D

Ano kaya problema ni Hammet nuh?
I dont know, it seems like he's consciously shying away from playing metal solos...hmmm... :|
I thought the riffs from St. Anger are heavy enough (never-mind the song arrangements)...Pero mabigat naman, kaso walang solos. :?
I mean, they're fukin Metallica!

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2006, 06:01:32 AM »

here are some metal guitarist that would kick those old school dinosaurs ass

Micheal and christopher amoot = arch enemy

Frederick thordenthal and marten hagstorm= meshuggah

gus g = dream evil etc.

jeff loomis=nevermore

muhammed suicmez=necrophagist

marc rizzo(this guy can play awesome flamengo stuff) =soulfly

devin townsend = strapping young lad

kulang pa.  si Luke Jaeger ng Sleep Terror.   dinosaurs are extinct   :-D
yung old school stuff kasi di kasing complex ng mga metal bands ngayon kaya mas malaki ang fan base.  mas kaya sabayan yung mga luma pati ng mga naguumpisa pa lang makinig ng metal
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 06:10:19 AM by zasam_4 »