hulika

Author Topic: Pearl Session Series Drumset Owners Here!  (Read 26945 times)

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
Pearl Session Series Drumset Owners Here!
« on: December 04, 2006, 08:06:39 AM »
Mga dude! im not a drummer boy (I really wanted to waay back but I think the beat is not for me) but we own a 1995  Pearl Session Series Drumset which has served us up until now (though butas na lower tom and ndi pa mabilan ng replacement) we shifted the toms nalang accordingly, it comes with a set of 2 standard Scimitar Hi-Hats a Zildian 20" Ride/15" Crash and a Sabian 10" Splash Cymbals and a Toca.

We did aquired a gibraltar double pedal but it was stolen way back nung nagpapa-rent pa ng studio mga uncle ko.. right now gamit nalang namin sya for practice sessions.

please post some pics!! basta Pearl!

My bro (who's into it right now) and my cuz doing a shift..

Eto tropa ko talaga to (during our recent jam) unloading heavy punishments (and a certified rock and roll drummer) from tanay rizal..
imma badass!! <funky guitar rift>

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Pearl Session Series Drumset Owners Here!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 08:01:44 AM »
nice set man, our moderator antony dio is eyeing to have a session kit too around next year..and i can smell it already..haha..tama ba antony.. :mrgreen:

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 10:26:10 AM »
ahh really? thats nice.. how much nalang ba latest price ng session kit ngayon? ours is so battered we cant even spend time cleaning it.. though it still shines pag lumapit ka na makikita mo na yung wear and tear..

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 09:47:19 PM »
nice set man, our moderator antony dio is eyeing to have a session kit too around next year..and i can smell it already..haha..tama ba antony.. :mrgreen:

Hey JP!  Haha yup you're right!  I'm aiming to purchase my good friend's 2001 Pearl Session SRX drumkit.  I'm glad you can already smell it JP, I'll consider that as a good sign haha!

And once that Session kit is already in my possession, I'll be sharing pics are talk about it here in this thread.  8-)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 02:13:13 AM by drumster »

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 08:47:42 AM »

Hey JP!  Haha yup you're right!  I'm aiming to purchase my good friend's 2001 Pearl Session SRX drumkit.  I'm glad you can already smell it JP, I'll consider that as a good sign haha!

And once that Session kit is already in my possession, I'll be sharing pics are talk about it here in this thread.  8-)

thats nice to hear pareng dio..cheers to that man...you're just a few months short of being a pearl session series owner hehe...i can smell that already.... :mrgreen:

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 10:37:22 AM »

nice! picturan mo kaagad! heheh then ill clean our kit and install the broken tom and toca take a photograph tapos post ko ulit dito..  8-)

Offline wipeout

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 11:49:53 AM »
I also have the same Pearl Session series kit as yours, even the color!  I was planning to sell this kit but had changed my mind.  I don't have the picture of the full kit with the cymbals at the moment (stored in CD as archive) so what I had attached was just the bare kit as I bought it.  BTW the front head was already replaced with an ebony head.  Originally it was a clear head which I still have.  Right now I set this up in my province and still sounding very good!  I bought a smaller kit with 20" bass drum as my kit in Manila.  Thanks to some forum members (bangbus and tdm 168) that encouraged me not to sell it.

Offline pmack

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 01:00:07 PM »
^ ^ ^

that's nice!
may i ask kung anong size ng toms?
looking at the pic i'd say 10x10/12x10/14x12/16x14
tama ba?

ganda ng kit na yan...

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 01:13:38 PM »
I also have the same Pearl Session series kit as yours, even the color!  I was planning to sell this kit but had changed my mind.  I don't have the picture of the full kit with the cymbals at the moment (stored in CD as archive) so what I had attached was just the bare kit as I bought it.  BTW the front head was already replaced with an ebony head.  Originally it was a clear head which I still have.  Right now I set this up in my province and still sounding very good!  I bought a smaller kit with 20" bass drum as my kit in Manila.  Thanks to some forum members (bangbus and tdm 168) that encouraged me not to sell it.

WOW!!! :-o you surely took good care of this kit! recent ba ito? magkamukhang magkamukha nga! (though dugyot na yung samin hahaha  :lol:) sobrang kinis! ill try to take a much higher resolution photos of our session kit, bubuuhin ko completely with all separate stuffs (toca, tambourine and yung kumikililing na parang yung nilalagay sa likod ng pinto) more pics sa mga owners!  :roll:

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 02:20:39 PM »
nice and well kept kit wipeout..cheers :mrgreen:

Offline bangbus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 06:31:33 PM »

im glad you had a change of heart wipeout! and by the looks of your kit, it is so well-kept. i also share the same colour with u fellas.

i know you guys might say 'love thy own' after i say this but for FYI reasons, i recently went to National Drum Fair, a custom drum show here in UK and in all custom drum shows ive been to, i always notice that a lot of custom drum enthusiast dress up 90s session kits, a huge number of showcased well-kept 90s version are even priced higher than it was originally retailed. according to custom drum enthusiasts, first it was due to the composite wood that pearl used on 90s session series (maple+birch+mahogany or maple+birch and etc...dependin on the serial number daw). today, composite wood shells are only reserved for pearls masterworks and modern versions of session kits are either maple for smx or birch for sbx. second, pearl 90s session series have 10 lugs on the bass drum, modern versions only have 8. Third, extremely rare 90s session kits are the laquered ones, its current market value is more than triple its original price, in short, if u got this laquered type of 90s session, you have got yourself a masterworks at that (accordin to custom drum enthusiasts i've chatted with at the show). pearl went really overboard with their 'high end quality drums at mid-level prices' pitch for the initial session series, thats why if one was able to buy a 90s version in its original state and original market price, he/she would have just obtained a future antique at that time. Honestly, i dont give a &&&&& about this market-value-antiquity blab custom drum enthusiast tell people, all i need to know is we got ourselves a good sounding kit, thats about it. in my opinion, modern session series have better looking hardware and all comes laquered, thats why ive taken the liberty of upgradin to optimounts and soon diecast hoops. just my piece of mind for this thread.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline wipeout

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 12:53:55 AM »
^ ^ ^

that's nice!
may i ask kung anong size ng toms?
looking at the pic i'd say 10x10/12x10/14x12/16x14
tama ba?

ganda ng kit na yan...

Yes, that's right! same size and color as yours except masters yung sa iyo!  mas maganda at lacquered pa! Hehe! :-D 

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 04:56:40 AM »
Bro bangbus, what you posted is quite interesting.  Thanks for sharing those info.

Early this year, a friend of mine was offering his 90's Pearl Session kit to me.  Unfortunately, I didn't have the budget to purchase his kit, and he already sold it to somebody else.  Based on the info that you shared, perhaps if I was the one who bought that kit, I could have gotten a potential classic Pearl drumkit.  And with its specs, it might be the closest thing to a Masterworks kit.

So, to 90's Session kit owners... Take great care of your kit.

As for me, I'm still hoping and praying for the '01 Session SRX that I'm aiming to buy from my friend.  It's a 4-piece fusion-size set-up - 10" and 12" toms, 14"x14" floor tom and a 20" kick.  Look it up on the old Pearl catalogs, circa 2002-04.  Or if you guys have been to Caliente Bar in Malate and have seen or played their Pearl '01 Session house kit, that's the exact spec.

8-)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 04:59:56 AM by drumster »

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 07:37:51 AM »

im glad you had a change of heart wipeout! and by the looks of your kit, it is so well-kept. i also share the same colour with u fellas.

i know you guys might say 'love thy own' after i say this but for FYI reasons, i recently went to National Drum Fair, a custom drum show here in UK and in all custom drum shows ive been to, i always notice that a lot of custom drum enthusiast dress up 90s session kits, a huge number of showcased well-kept 90s version are even priced higher than it was originally retailed. according to custom drum enthusiasts, first it was due to the composite wood that pearl used on 90s session series (maple+birch+mahogany or maple+birch and etc...dependin on the serial number daw). today, composite wood shells are only reserved for pearls masterworks and modern versions of session kits are either maple for smx or birch for sbx. second, pearl 90s session series have 10 lugs on the bass drum, modern versions only have 8. Third, extremely rare 90s session kits are the laquered ones, its current market value is more than triple its original price, in short, if u got this laquered type of 90s session, you have got yourself a masterworks at that (accordin to custom drum enthusiasts i've chatted with at the show). pearl went really overboard with their 'high end quality drums at mid-level prices' pitch for the initial session series, thats why if one was able to buy a 90s version in its original state and original market price, he/she would have just obtained a future antique at that time. Honestly, i dont give a &&&&& about this market-value-antiquity blab custom drum enthusiast tell people, all i need to know is we got ourselves a good sounding kit, thats about it. in my opinion, modern session series have better looking hardware and all comes laquered, thats why ive taken the liberty of upgradin to optimounts and soon diecast hoops. just my piece of mind for this thread.

this is quite interesting.. I should start sparing some time to clean our kit! pinababayaan nalang kasi ng mga tao samin eh.. naalikabukan lang sa terrace.. I should start giving our kit the same treatment my strat is enjoying from me.. thanks for the info! ill try to check out our kit's specs and hope it would be positive..

Offline wipeout

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 09:42:44 AM »

this is quite interesting.. I should start sparing some time to clean our kit! pinababayaan nalang kasi ng mga tao samin eh.. naalikabukan lang sa terrace.. I should start giving our kit the same treatment my strat is enjoying from me.. thanks for the info! ill try to check out our kit's specs and hope it would be positive..

Yes rockophoria, Ligo lang kulang ng kit mo at pogi na yan, pwede na pumorma! Hehe!  :mrgreen:

Offline wipeout

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 09:50:18 AM »
Thanks for those info Bangbus!  I appreciate the value of my kit more than before.  I'll post more pics when I get back to Manila which includes the cymbals and accs. 

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 04:30:47 PM »

Yes rockophoria, Ligo lang kulang ng kit mo at pogi na yan, pwede na pumorma! Hehe!  :mrgreen:

I hope mapakintab ko pa ulit.. but I think mahihirapan na ako.. even the cymbal stands and stuffs already lost their shines na.. yung iba may kalawang na.. ndi ko naman pwedeng gamitan n sandpaper lalong masisira..  :-(

kailangan ko humanap ng polish na kayang magtanggal ng rust without scrubbing it.. sayang napabayaan namin tsk tsk..

Offline wipeout

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2006, 09:56:58 PM »
You can try Promark's groove juice.  Unless masyado na talaga makakapal yung kalawang, mahirap na talaga maalis.  I believe yung mga light na kalawang kaya pa ng groove juice.

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 04:57:41 PM »
You can try Promark's groove juice.  Unless masyado na talaga makakapal yung kalawang, mahirap na talaga maalis.  I believe yung mga light na kalawang kaya pa ng groove juice.

ill give it a try dude.. thanks!  :-D

Offline bangbus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 05:38:19 AM »
The other day I saw a set of 90s laquered 4-piece (bass, 10-12-14 toms) pearl session auctioned away for US$2766 at ebay.

:-D

Offline royalletones

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 12:24:10 PM »
gaganda naman ng session series nyo. sana ganyan di kakinis yung session ko.
successful deal via meetups/shipping: rasta_gopz, Blood_saves, nuthead, yekoz, nuthead, beepbeep, akgm52192, ivanovich05, wipeout, mr.diddle, wax_static, sandythedrummer, peeves24, vhinming, shotsofredmist, zildjian07, jejunaidrmmr, thegreatone, markcasq

Offline wipeout

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 11:52:09 PM »
Thanks for those info Bangbus!  I appreciate the value of my kit more than before.  I'll post more pics when I get back to Manila which includes the cymbals and accs. 

Nabuhay uli itong thread na ito ah!  May utang pa pala akong pics dito so here are some old pics that I took of my pearl kit.

Offline royalletones

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007, 11:58:48 AM »
baka kaya nearest sa masterworks yung session ko. help naman kung pano malalaman. tnx
successful deal via meetups/shipping: rasta_gopz, Blood_saves, nuthead, yekoz, nuthead, beepbeep, akgm52192, ivanovich05, wipeout, mr.diddle, wax_static, sandythedrummer, peeves24, vhinming, shotsofredmist, zildjian07, jejunaidrmmr, thegreatone, markcasq

Offline Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 01:54:10 PM »
baka kaya nearest sa masterworks yung session ko. help naman kung pano malalaman. tnx

What do you mean? :?
DRUM.ROOM drum items for sale click here

Offline royalletones

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 02:19:27 PM »
medyo close daw yung materials ng early version ng session sa masterworks