hulika

Author Topic: so yea...piracy.  (Read 1263 times)

Offline plasticUNAN

• Philmusicus Noobitus
so yea...piracy.
« on: September 11, 2003, 12:01:58 PM »
so yea....i was outside lil maynila resturant in JC one night and i overheard glenn jacinto [idol] talkin to a homegrrrl about how piracy is really badd in the PI. which sucks ass. cuz damn..is that were all the bands dissapeared too? cuz of hardcore bootleggin? thas fuct up. i mean i love pinoy rock bands mann. and its even better when they come touring in amerikkka. cuz regardless, theyre loved here ;D well i love them. my boys love them. buhh damn i never burn opms dude. im all up for supporting pinoy rock bands to the fullest. local or main. forreal. there are sum really awesome bands everywhere. and when i hear sum of them, it makes me love our music and culture even more. i mean god. GLENN JACINTO. hell fuccin yea. ive loved teeth from the moment i heard my cuzzo blastin 'princesa' in the PI back back back in the day. i mean they are really really cool. shoot. id buy 10 million of their cds to support them. all the other bands too mann. i loved barbies cradle packaging. its always fun to buy one of their albums and rummage through the uniqueness of the album itself. i mean forreal it sucks so much ass though. i didnt know piracy was really affecting the bands like that. i mean im in amerikkka. never really in the PI buhh i know they have concerts againest piracy. when i heard that..its like such a waste. cuz all these great fuccin bands. and for what...so people can buy one disc and burn bout 20 of them and sell them and make their own profit. thas juss damn greedy. sucks. soooo much ass. im done. juss i really was shocked when i heard that piracy is that badd. wish i could make a huge change. i love the pinoy rock scene. FO'EVA!!!
i hate everyone. but no, im not anti-social. so blow me, queef sniffer.

Offline Amoch

so yea...piracy.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 11:17:28 AM »
Well, you can't avoid music piracy here in the Philippines 'coz the cost of CDs are prohibitive to your average Filipino who earns around 200 - 300 pesos a day. The cost of your CD (local band) is also around that figure.

Filipinos love music, that's why piracy sells here. In Quiapo you could buy a pirated CD for as low as 16-25 bucks each (that's around 35 - 50 cents to you people in the US).

It's really bad for business. In fact a lot of bands have folded because of this. What some bands are doing right now is that they go indie. They produce and distribute their own records so that only the fans could have copies of their CD. The less, their CDs reach the general circulation - the less likely these would fall into the hands of music pirates.