Glad someone thought of making "Philmusic"..
I'm not sure if this was ask before, but could not find where.. sounds trivial to me, but...
1. Who started Philmusic? Who conceptualize this website?
2. When did Philmusic go live?
3. Who are the people behind Philmusic?
curious lang ako ... hehehe
Well just to satisfy your idle curiousity....
1) I registered the domain in Dec 1996. The first website went up in Feb 1997. The first feature was a photo essay by Eddie Boy Escudero.
2) Back in the day, domains were easy to come by, so I got lucky with this one. If I was into golf, this would have been PhilGolf.
3) Since 2001 PhilMusic has mainly been designed by Chette and Jim
Usually I handled the content and graphics and Chette did the information architecture and scripting.
4) A few notable people who have contributed to PhilMusic in the past:
- Lionel Valdellon aka Acid42 was managing ed for awhile
- Butch Madul (now with Bigfoot) wrote some articles and took some photos
- Quark Henares was responsible for the definitive Sandwich interview circa 1999 before anyone ever heard of them
- Marie Jamora interviewed Eraserheads for Natin99
- Mayo Uno Martin did a lot of cool interviews - he really had a way with words
- Candice Lopez did some pieces like our Slapshock and Chicosci interviews
- Claire Agbayani also pitched in
- Miguel Mari did some very cool graphics in 2000
- I took the bestest photos (hehe)
5) PhilMusic.com won 10 Phil. Web Awards from 1998 to 2002, or 2 per year for 5 years. In 2005 this site won a Phil. Web Award Hall of Fame and was thus ineligible from future competition. So I guess that makes us semi retired hahaha
6) In Feb 2007, the site will have been online, on and off, for 10 years.
7) The PhilMusic.com logo has been the same since Feb 2007. Miguel Mari did some studies for a new logo at one point but I always prefered the old one, so that was that (sorry Miguel!).