hulika

Author Topic: WHAT IF?: An Eraserheads Conspiracy Theory  (Read 22017 times)

Offline bluesteel

• Philmusicus Noobitus
WHAT IF?: An Eraserheads Conspiracy Theory
« on: December 29, 2006, 02:31:26 PM »
WHAT IF?; A Conspiracy Theory
by Dennis

individual differences... "i'm the superstar here" issues... burnout issues... and so many more...

but who really knows the real and exact reason behind the fab four's
break up? nobody except themselves.

but wait.. i think i know what the real reason behind all these is? (Grinning!)

what if i tell you that all that's happening was carefully planned way back during the carbon stereoxide era? "You mean the break-up was a part of a plan?" Yes!?! What if the fab four really agreed to stage up a break-up? But why would they? Let us look at the odds for this one. During the carbon stereoxide era, we have to admit that the rock scene was really not as it is right now and never close to what it was during the 90's. and maybe, the fab four thought that it would be good for the band to take time a time off because scene is slowly dying. And let us also admit that during that era, their downfall was like it was about to come. Maybe, they thought that it was the best time to trip out the lights while they are still "sikat". A graceful exit. Hmmm.. Disband while they are still at the top? i think that is what they want, a heartbreaking and shocking but graceful exit. And...

A big reunion.

And so it happend. Ely was replaced by Kris. Ely formed a new band reminiscent to the name Eraserheads. Eraserheads was totally washed away and became Cambio. Raimund remade Sandwich. Pupil was born. Marcus went surfing up in LA and Buddy went out to see the sunrise of the Dawn and they all succeed with their endeavours. THE END! (Wait, not so fast!!! How about this one?!?) And after some time when the fans are already hungry, thirsty and craving for a doze of an E, the fab four finally decided that it was time to re-ignite the fuel. And so Ely, Raimund, Buddy and Marcus reunite, perform a huge,exhilarating and stupendous comeback concert, top the charts  once more, pack up the concert halls once agian and become the greatest of all the greatest Filipino rock band there ever was and ever will be!!!!

"Huh? What do you mean?" What i'm telling you folks is that they might have disbanded so that they would be able to stage a great and daring comeback by the Greatest Band in Philippine history!!! And that reunion folks is only going to make them greater than how great they already are.

"So, this were all planned up?" Mmmm, Yep!?!

Really! I'm so very excited.. if this was the case. So what if my theory is right? Maybe i'll be lined up with Nostradamus or with whichever great fortune tellers who were able to predict great and disastrous events. And if i am right, i will be the first one to buy their reunion concert ticket.

I maybe right huh!?! (",)

But i think i am wrong. Remember guys (B,E,R,M), I am not accusing you of this. It’s just a worthless illusion from my insane mind which is hoping that a reunion is on the way!

Anyway, this just a theory. Waiting to be proved and to be concluded.

But whatever happens, even if i may be right or wrong, i will still be thankful to have been included on one of the few generations who have been able to watch, hear and see them, live or on ASAP or on Eat Bulaga. I will always feel lucky to be one of those whom they entertained, pleased, made happy and made cry by their songs. Long live, the ERASERHEADS!!!

I HELD IT IN MY HANDS, BUT YOU'RE FOREVER OUT OF REACH...   
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 02:33:07 PM by bluesteel »

Offline car_law

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: WHAT IF?: An Eraserheads Conspiracy Theory
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 02:39:38 PM »
It is likely.  But even if it wasn't planned, and Eheads reunion concert would still be the greatest rock event in the country.

Offline thisistrivent

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 12:44:09 AM »
hahaha. pwede. pero ang impt diyan ung reunion concert talaga. kung mangyayari man yan, panigurado andun ako!!!! matutulog pa ako sa may bilihan ng tix para makakuha agad!!!!
with all the wounded hearts
and broken souls
i don't know who to trust.

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 01:03:48 AM »
A bit of correction in that timeline. At no time was "Ely replaced by Kris." Ely was never fired or replaced. Ely quit. Ely left the Heads and they decided to go on. The Heads didn't officially stop gigging until Marcus decided to concentrate on surfing.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 01:06:12 AM by JimAyson »
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline kai52111

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 01:10:32 AM »
And so it happend. Ely was replaced by Kris. Ely formed a new band reminiscent to the name Eraserheads. Eraserheads was totally washed away and became Cambio. Raimund remade Sandwich. Pupil was born. Marcus went surfing up in LA and Buddy went out to see the sunrise of the Dawn and they all succeed with their endeavours. THE END!

innocent question...  was it really LA or is this just a typo for LA Union?   :oops:

anyway, some of us thought (well, okay... WISHED) that the 2006 NU Rock Awards will be the 'venue' of the Eheads reunion. raimund (sandwich), ely (pupil), and buddy (the dawn) were performers that night. as for marcus... well, he had a gig with dong abay, who was also a performer that night. but no marcus sighting was reported.  :-P
when the dawn was playing, with raimund and dong, my friend and i were already shouting for ely.  :roll: :-D
well, at least we got to see raimund and buddy together again on stage.   :wink:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 01:22:49 AM by kai52111 »

Offline IncX

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 01:20:45 AM »

after i read the theory, i just went "huh?"

the e-heads are/were great and all ... but i really didn't mind the fact that they broke up. i never even thought about it even after i listened to those "tribute" songs.

if the theory is true, would it also apply to bands like wolfgang or razorback or the dawn? or lets extend it to bands like Kiss or black sabbath ...

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 04:40:35 AM »

Sinong may copy ng Philbox? or ng Fruitcake Storybook by Ely? Or promo poster ng pepsi or ng albums?

Actually it's Pillbox, not Philbox. :)

Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 02:21:24 PM »
Meron ako dalawang issue ng Pillbox. Yung isa na green, at yung isang Playboy chicks cover

Offline eonneonone

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 03:24:30 PM »

Sinong may copy ng Philbox? or ng Fruitcake Storybook by Ely? Or promo poster ng pepsi or ng albums?

O.T. ako meron rin nung unang Pillbox. Iyung fruitcake story book, binargain na yata ng Anvil eh. Got mine @ 50 bucks sa may National noon, tapos bawat bookfair na mapuntahan ko, nagbebenta sila at the same price.

balik sa topic: A reunion concert for the eheads? That'll be one big event, though it's next to impossible IMHO.

Offline akosimic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 03:40:49 PM »
got my copy of fruitcake for p35 in nbs katips branch.

Offline JIGOY

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 03:54:02 PM »
ako merong extra 3 copies ng pillbox issue no.2, sinong may gusto?  :-D sealed pa.

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 07:08:59 PM »
^ ako ako ako

Offline JIGOY

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007, 05:49:53 PM »
CALL 6815708. TY.

Offline fade319

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 12:39:13 AM »
mukhang pinag iisipan talaga natin to a... :D

Offline James_Animagi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2007, 05:29:45 PM »
tindi namang illusion yan wag ka muna umasa na magkakabalikan sila kasi sikat na sila sa kani kanilang mga banda gusto lang nila itry ung ibang career sa ibang banda ok naman tugtugan nila ngayon kaysa nung eheads pa sila mag move on na kayo mga eheads fans :-P

Offline DharmaInitiative

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 08:43:30 PM »
ei, me narinig ako racket sa mga albums na nirerelease ng mga sikat na bands....

have you ever wondered how does this famous bands were able to sell many copies in just a short period of time?

me mga racket pla sa ganyan....  one thing tyhey do is buy their own records.... for example those number of copies that will make them platinum album.....  then people will think that it is really selling like hotcake....

and one band that used this system is sadly eheads......  tagal ko na narinig to... but i took it as tsismis lang...

pero reliable yung source na nagsabi....... haha.... i think you know HER.....  anywawy... pinagiisip ko lang kayo....

Offline great_genius10

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 11:35:15 PM »
talaga! wow! magkano mo ba benta ung pillbox no.2? reserve naman po. pls?  :evil: meron pa bang mabibilhan ng Fruitcake story book?

I heard ely had an heart attack? hmmm...

WALANG PILLBOX 2.
Issue 1 & 3 lang ang meron.
I don't really care if they label me a "Jesus freak". There ain't no disguising the truth.

Offline ommantra

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 03:09:04 AM »
ano kaya kung magsabay sila ng reunion ng rivermaya?.. mas astig ata yung eheads at rivermaya reunion, almost nagkasabay sila sa music scene!!! pero sa totoo lang gusto ko ulit makitang makijam si sir. perf, bamboo tsaka si nathan sa rivermaya!!! astig!!! tapos tutugtugin nila yung awit ng kabataan o kaya 214..hehe... ano sa tingin nyo?..

Offline great_genius10

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 03:12:12 AM »
ano kaya kung magsabay sila ng reunion ng rivermaya?.. mas astig ata yung eheads at rivermaya reunion, almost nagkasabay sila sa music scene!!! pero sa totoo lang gusto ko ulit makitang makijam si sir. perf, bamboo tsaka si nathan sa rivermaya!!! astig!!! tapos tutugtugin nila yung awit ng kabataan o kaya 214..hehe... ano sa tingin nyo?..

rivermaya reunion? tingin ko mas okey na sila ngayon. tsaka, madalas naman magkasama rivermaya & bamboo sa mga shows.
I don't really care if they label me a "Jesus freak". There ain't no disguising the truth.

Offline ommantra

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 03:20:43 AM »

rivermaya reunion? tingin ko mas okey na sila ngayon. tsaka, madalas naman magkasama rivermaya & bamboo sa mga shows.

isipin nyo po... maglelead guitar si mr. Perf De Castro sa awit ng kabataan... tpos kumakanta si bamboo,.. tpos sa 214 magekeyboard naman si Mr. Rico Blanco tpos lead ni mr. Perf tsaka vocals ni Mr. Francisco tpos eto pa pinakamalupit... magduduet si mr. Rico Blanco tsaka Mr. Francisco Manalac sa kantang bring me down... kung iimagine lang nten.. napakagandang show nun tpos magkasama pa sila ng E-heads..Ayus!!!! anyway.. bata pa po kc ako namulat na ako sa musika ng mga bandang to...

Offline khaffalmhoukz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 02:59:33 PM »
ei, me narinig ako racket sa mga albums na nirerelease ng mga sikat na bands....

have you ever wondered how does this famous bands were able to sell many copies in just a short period of time?

me mga racket pla sa ganyan....  one thing tyhey do is buy their own records.... for example those number of copies that will make them platinum album.....  then people will think that it is really selling like hotcake....

and one band that used this system is sadly eheads......  tagal ko na narinig to... but i took it as tsismis lang...

pero reliable yung source na nagsabi....... haha.... i think you know HER.....  anywawy... pinagiisip ko lang kayo....

Hmmm. blind item pla ha...

wild guess ko si Ann Angala... (manager ng E-heads dati)... ewan ko lang kung mapapatunayan ko, pero kasi sya yung medyo may pagka-scheming at tuso (?) na manager dati (ayon sa mga rumors) di ba?

If not her... who else? baka may mas-pinag-isipan pa kasi kayong hinala...

Offline khaffalmhoukz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 03:08:55 PM »

isipin nyo po... maglelead guitar si mr. Perf De Castro sa awit ng kabataan... tpos kumakanta si bamboo,.. tpos sa 214 magekeyboard naman si Mr. Rico Blanco tpos lead ni mr. Perf tsaka vocals ni Mr. Francisco tpos eto pa pinakamalupit... magduduet si mr. Rico Blanco tsaka Mr. Francisco Manalac sa kantang bring me down... kung iimagine lang nten.. napakagandang show nun tpos magkasama pa sila ng E-heads..Ayus!!!! anyway.. bata pa po kc ako namulat na ako sa musika ng mga bandang to...

We can't help but be nostalgic  about those days... Ako nga na toddler pa lang nang nauso sila (14 y/o na q ngaun)... paano pa kaya ang karamihan dito sa forum na fortunate enough to watch these legendary bands perform live... Ahhh the glory days of pinoy rock... unfortunately di na siguro natin mapapanumbalik... (Mang Andres, bigyan mo ako ng magical mong orasan para maulit muli ang mga oras at ibalik ang kahapon... oops so cheesy)

Offline DharmaInitiative

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2007, 08:28:56 PM »
waw... oo nga lupit nun, pero ndi ata mangyayari yan....  sa situation ngaun.. cguro pag lolo na yang mga yan wahahahaha..

about ann, baka nga siya....  waw.... ganun pla pagsikat sa banda, kailangan mapera ka... artificial yung poagsikat nila kaya tuloy bigla nawawala...   marami kaya banda na mayaman ang nasa mainstream (ndi naman lahat, mostly lang hehe).. yung mga mahihirap? underground pa rin pero sikat sila dun... yun ang mga tunay na musician wahahaha

Offline ommantra

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 03:36:54 AM »

Hmmm. blind item pla ha...

wild guess ko si Ann Angala... (manager ng E-heads dati)... ewan ko lang kung mapapatunayan ko, pero kasi sya yung medyo may pagka-scheming at tuso (?) na manager dati (ayon sa mga rumors) di ba?

If not her... who else? baka may mas-pinag-isipan pa kasi kayong hinala...

di ako bilib sa manager ng eheads na yun!!!... balita ko siya rin manager ng mano mano ngayon... isipin mo nalang magaling na banda ang mano mano from cebu pero parang pinagkakakitaan lang ng manager na yun.. nabalitaan kp pa dati na benenta ng drummer ng mano mano yung cymbals nya para pang pamasahe lang pauwi sa kanyang bayan para mag gig!!!... eh di ba dapat manager na ang sagot nun!!! langya!!!... talagang mga tao ngayon!!! masyadong mapagsamantala!!! san nagyon ang mano mano... WALAAAAA!!! wawa naman!!!

Offline kai52111

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 10:08:46 AM »
hmmmm... hate thread na ba ito kay A.A.?  :evil:  :wink: :-P