hulika

Author Topic: Do Ibanez Guitars have "Hiyaw"?  (Read 10504 times)

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Do Ibanez Guitars have "Hiyaw"?
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2017, 03:49:05 PM »
di ko alam kung komedyante yan na nagpapatawa o seryosong tao na nagpapatawa

tokis

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA masaya magbasa ng CJV threads, lalo na yung mga buhat bangko posts niya HAHAHA
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline queer_rocker

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2017, 03:56:46 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA masaya magbasa ng CJV threads, lalo na yung mga buhat bangko posts niya HAHAHA

oo langya parang scripted mga sinasabi...pero tunay na buhay yan...siraulo e
dude, there is a difference between having fun and just being a troll.
weh di nga?

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2017, 04:02:09 PM »
I think my argument is simple:

I have NOTHING to gain by telling you that only 1-2% of guitars sound great AND that you have to go thru ALL brands to find one.  Why?  I don't own any Signature Guitar.  I am NOT sponsored by any brand.  I do not own any musical instrument store nor am I a dealer of musical instruments.  Wala akong banda o gig na for promotion.

All I am saying is what you ALL ALREADY know -- na pinipili ang gitara.  Ang sinasabi ko lang ay dapat mas mahigpit kayo pumili para hindi kayo lokohin ng mga nagbebenta.

If I am wrong, then you have nothing to lose.

But if I am right, then you have all to gain because I can teach you how to find a great sounding guitar.  But it comes at a price... you sometimes have to give up specifications, preferences and looks.  On the other hand, sometimes these great guitars are beautiful in their own right that you had never thought about -- like my recently acquired Suhr Carve Top with a beautiful top chosen and speced out by no less than John Suhr (less than a month ago).  Or as Strange a shape as the Albert Lee Model (acquired last week).  Maybe, nothing closer to Van Halen than the Axis Sport (acquired last week).  Maybe something unique and one off as the Fender NAMM Butternut Tele (acquired two weeks ago).  Or maybe revisiting the possibility of a signature model that sounds great today -- the Fender SRV (acquired three weeks ago).

In a world where I am NOT limited by anything other than location, am I NOT the least biased to select a guitar?  Compared to Skybox, who would you bet on to choose a better guitar?
Well, on this point I agree with you. Strong points indeed.

I remember playing a historic Gibson, which made my Iron Label kiss its arse. It was not about the hiyaw but more about the feel and connection between me and the guitar.
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2017, 05:11:37 PM »
I think my argument is simple:

I have NOTHING to gain by telling you that only 1-2% of guitars sound great AND that you have to go thru ALL brands to find one.  Why?  I don't own any Signature Guitar.  I am NOT sponsored by any brand.  I do not own any musical instrument store nor am I a dealer of musical instruments.  Wala akong banda o gig na for promotion.

All I am saying is what you ALL ALREADY know -- na pinipili ang gitara.  Ang sinasabi ko lang ay dapat mas mahigpit kayo pumili para hindi kayo lokohin ng mga nagbebenta.

If I am wrong, then you have nothing to lose.

But if I am right, then you have all to gain because I can teach you how to find a great sounding guitar.  But it comes at a price... you sometimes have to give up specifications, preferences and looks.  On the other hand, sometimes these great guitars are beautiful in their own right that you had never thought about -- like my recently acquired Suhr Carve Top with a beautiful top chosen and speced out by no less than John Suhr (less than a month ago).  Or as Strange a shape as the Albert Lee Model (acquired last week).  Maybe, nothing closer to Van Halen than the Axis Sport (acquired last week).  Maybe something unique and one off as the Fender NAMM Butternut Tele (acquired two weeks ago).  Or maybe revisiting the possibility of a signature model that sounds great today -- the Fender SRV (acquired three weeks ago).

In a world where I am NOT limited by anything other than location, am I NOT the least biased to select a guitar?  Compared to Skybox, who would you bet on to choose a better guitar?

Oh don't worry my dear. I will never pick a guitar for anyone. And besides, we don't choose the guitar, the guitar chooses us.  :-D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 05:19:35 PM by Skybox »
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline anjoesatriani

• Veteran Member
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2017, 06:23:53 PM »
-> Hos Down - Jason Richardson ft. Rick Graham

Listen around 5:09 guest solo of Rick Graham, to my ears, I do believe it's considered "hiyaw" and he's using his J.Custom Ibanez here. (for the TS)

P.S.
Who gives a fck with a "hiyaw possessed" guitar if you sucked at playing anyway.  :-D
Nobody will approach you after your performance on stage and will say "damn those hiyaws!"  :lol:
Unless makalaglag panty yan, I will love to have one of the 1-2% :wink: :lol:

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2017, 10:28:59 PM »
I think this Ibanez guitar had "hiyaw"...until the guitar player decided to cut parts of it. hehe

Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2017, 11:47:37 PM »

That guy is nuts! Gusto niya pa iprove na magnda tone nya through videos which always backfires cause the vids proves he has bad tone.
Feeling ko confused lang sya sa definition ng technique and tone.
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2017, 12:47:38 AM »
Been away for more than a year. Where can I find CJV?
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline nicoyow

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2017, 12:51:28 AM »
^ musical instruments for sale fb group.
Sa pinipig, bukod sa pwede mo singhutin, pwede mo rin tikman.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2017, 05:29:47 AM »
-> Hos Down - Jason Richardson ft. Rick Graham

Listen around 5:09 guest solo of Rick Graham, to my ears, I do believe it's considered "hiyaw" and he's using his J.Custom Ibanez here. (for the TS)

P.S.
Who gives a fck with a "hiyaw possessed" guitar if you sucked at playing anyway.  :-D
Nobody will approach you after your performance on stage and will say "damn those hiyaws!"  :lol:
Unless makalaglag panty yan, I will love to have one of the 1-2% :wink: :lol:

Conversely, if you have a sucky sounding guitar why would anybody care about (pay for ) your playing if you sound bad?

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2017, 09:05:42 AM »
Conversely, if you have a sucky sounding guitar why would anybody care about (pay for ) your playing if you sound bad?

ahhh ehhh. there are a lot of sucky sounding guitarists that have audience and following.
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!

Offline Screamous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2017, 10:50:05 AM »
now where is that carlo valle guy when i need him most?

may idea dn kaya sya about hiyaw?
Masters are once an apprentice

Offline knet370

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2017, 11:22:38 AM »
^

iirc he makes even cheap guitars sound good thru his "meticulous setup". according to him.

Offline queer_rocker

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2017, 12:49:10 PM »

ahhh ehhh. there are a lot of sucky sounding guitarists that have audience and following.

lil wayne and nick jonas

allman brothers

slash

yngwie

mostly 98% of metal geetarist
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 12:52:03 PM by queer_rocker »
dude, there is a difference between having fun and just being a troll.
weh di nga?

Offline dullFingers

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2017, 01:02:16 PM »
3 pages agad?!! Grabs popcorn..

Lol Wayne and Nick Jonas FTW!  :-D

Offline iamppej

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2017, 01:21:56 PM »
3 pages agad?!! Grabs popcorn..

Lol Wayne and Nick Jonas FTW!  :-D

ang last balita ko mag kakaroon daw sila ng guitar (HIYAW) battle ee. hahaha  :razz: :razz: :razz:
If there is no music there is no life!  Just like If there is no GOD there is no LIFE!

Offline knet370

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2017, 01:34:38 PM »
lil wayne and nick jonas

allman brothers

slash

yngwie

mostly 98% of metal geetarist

lol! onga noh..

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2017, 02:10:13 PM »
may idea dn kaya sya about hiyaw?

bulong lang alam nun e.

like "out of the 98% guitars that don't have hiyaw, there 2% out there that have 'bulong'. and im glad i own one."
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 02:15:34 PM by marzi »
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline Screamous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2017, 02:20:16 PM »
bulong lang alam nun e.

like "out of the 98% guitars that don't have hiyaw, there 2% out there that have 'bulong'. and im glad i own one."

pero parang may video sya where in dinedemonstrate nya yung mga gitara na madaling mkpag pinch harmonics regardless sa anu mang pick-up,
kung di ako nagkakamali, parang nsa position ata ng pick ups daw. tapos pnag kumpara nya yung Assembled RG nya with his home made pick ups at yung
Joe Sat nya na gitara. aha, pag nachambahan ko na online ask ko yung hiyaw HAHAHA!

Offline iamppej

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2017, 02:23:38 PM »
pero parang may video sya where in dinedemonstrate nya yung mga gitara na madaling mkpag pinch harmonics regardless sa anu mang pick-up,
kung di ako nagkakamali, parang nsa position ata ng pick ups daw. tapos pnag kumpara nya yung Assembled RG nya with his home made pick ups at yung
Joe Sat nya na gitara. aha, pag nachambahan ko na online ask ko yung hiyaw HAHAHA!

nag ool padin ba sa fb un? alam ko my *cullt group* na sya sa fb nya ee.
If there is no music there is no life!  Just like If there is no GOD there is no LIFE!

Offline Screamous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2017, 02:35:53 PM »
nag ool padin ba sa fb un? alam ko my *cullt group* na sya sa fb nya ee.

nag palit ng pangalan e, kaya di ko na mahanap yung carlo valle, hehe,  :-o

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2017, 02:39:12 PM »
^try carla valle.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline Screamous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2017, 02:40:19 PM »
^try carla valle.

:idea: yun lang HAHA!,

Offline Screamous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2017, 02:44:45 PM »
found him,

"Don Querubin"

nag pm na ako saknya if familiar sya sa Hiyaw, and eventually try na ma-invite sya dito? i mean ok lang ba yun? HAHA

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2017, 02:47:29 PM »
di sasagot yan pag dito.

alam ko may mga supporters sya na nagrereport sa kanya ng mga usapan dito e.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis