hulika

Author Topic: Two or More Audio Interface (USB) used at the same time? Pwede ba?  (Read 229 times)

Offline putchazta_46

• Forum Fanatic
Hi,

I have this old M-Audio Mobile Pre (2000s model pa) that has served me well. Ngyon I wish to record acoustic drums with 6 drum mics. Kaso yung mobile pre, 2 lang xlr (digital) So i plan to have a Behringer UMD404HD interface shipped here, na may 4 xlr (digital i think) inputs.

So question, pwede ko ba pagsabayin nakasaksak yung m-audio ko and behringer interface para each drum mic may assigned track sa DAW? Need yoir confirmation bago ko magpabili :) thanks

Offline geetar_geek79

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Two or More Audio Interface (USB) used at the same time? Pwede ba?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 03:57:45 AM »
I was typing a reply giving an answer, but I decided to delete it because I'm not an expert and I don't want to tell you the wrong answer.  But what I can do is recommend you research "aggregate audio interface"

Online jake zulueta

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 04:38:29 AM »
it MIGHT work but the DAW might be confused, kasi for reaper, sonar, cubase, isang interface lang yung lalabas sa devices and isa lang yung pwede mong icheck.

either upgrade to an interface with 6 or more channels or parang ganito na setup:
6 mics --> mixer --> stereo out to audio interface.

Offline putchazta_46

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 07:57:44 PM »
Thanks all. Yeah mukang pwede naman daw pero need to install ASIA4ALL driver (which I need to research on more) sabi nun nagresearch ako on Aggregate Audio Interfaces for Windows.

I am using ableton live lite (yung kasama pa nun m-audio ko na interface, luma na ren  :lol:) as my DAW pero sana may ganito ren options. will check it out first and research ulet.

Offline iScream

• Netizen Level
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 09:27:06 PM »
Pwede naman. On Mac OS X it'll be an aggregate device. You'll just open the Audio MIDI setup program, and you can create an aggregate device. Pipiliin mo which audio devices would be included in the aggregate device, and once done the computer will recognize the aggregate device as one audio device. I've done it with an M-track Fast Track Pro, Soundflower, and Audinate Dante at the same time.

Idk the Windows equivalent of Audio MIDI setup though, pero meron naman yan online. Good luck sa recording.