hulika

Author Topic: Spark Amp Users  (Read 12261 times)

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Spark Amp Users
« on: October 14, 2020, 10:31:50 AM »
Ordered mine from Positive Grid last week and got it 2 days ago. Should have received it last Friday from DHL were it not for a zip code formatting issue on their end.

Out of the box, I really did not like it. The preset sounds were way far from the video demos on YouTube and definitely inferior to that of the Yamaha THX. I wish I hadn't purchased it.

I installed the app yesterday to give it another shot and have not stopped wanting to play with it since then. :) I have yet to find and/or tweak a sound to be more "me" but the amp's jam feature changed my mind completely about how I initially felt about it. I am now quite happy about purchasing it. YMMV.

Any other Spark users here?

What are your thoughts about the amp? Have you discovered anything that its lackluster manual fails to highlight and explain?

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Spark Amp Users
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 05:20:01 PM »
Ordered mine from Positive Grid last week and got it 2 days ago. Should have received it last Friday from DHL were it not for a zip code formatting issue on their end.

Out of the box, I really did not like it. The preset sounds were way far from the video demos on YouTube and definitely inferior to that of the Yamaha THX. I wish I hadn't purchased it.

I installed the app yesterday to give it another shot and have not stopped wanting to play with it since then. :) I have yet to find and/or tweak a sound to be more "me" but the amp's jam feature changed my mind completely about how I initially felt about it. I am now quite happy about purchasing it. YMMV.

Any other Spark users here?

What are your thoughts about the amp? Have you discovered anything that its lackluster manual fails to highlight and explain?

Just a question...how long did it take for you to get the item? may binayaran pa ba na additional taxes sa customs etc.? Gusto ko kasi bumili hehe :)
Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 09:31:47 AM »
Just a question...how long did it take for you to get the item? may binayaran pa ba na additional taxes sa customs etc.? Gusto ko kasi bumili hehe :)

Quite fast actually. Finalized my order late 04 Oct evening and received the amp lunch of 12 Oct. As implied above, I would have been able to receive it by 09 Oct were it not for some address formatting issue on courier's side. So once you receive your shipping details, check the zip code portion as DHL's system has additional info needed even though your address was filled out correctly when ordering. Final price at chechout already includes duties and shipping.

Good luck!

On another note, here are the things I've learned so far about the Spark amp:

1. Shipping was fast despite horror stories online.
2. After-sales support very responsive.
3. Preset sounds out-of-the-box not to my liking. Use of the App made a very big difference.
4. App runs on iOS and Android, however, landscape mode is not available on Android. I learned that the hard way after buying its own Android tablet! haha Other than that, I believe all else are equal mobile OSwise.
5. When switching patches, there is a need to move the amp's knobs for it to have an effect in the new patch. A standard gain setting of 12 noon for example, is not carried over to the next patch.
6. Everything is controllable in real-time via the app.
7. Once you have assigned your patches, you could do away with the app and tweak amp settings physically. Having said that, the modulation knobs would only be able to control the level of the effects only. Pre-amp FXes not physically controllable on the amp.

Offline Tieria

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 03:24:58 PM »
Quite fast actually. Finalized my order late 04 Oct evening and received the amp lunch of 12 Oct. As implied above, I would have been able to receive it by 09 Oct were it not for some address formatting issue on courier's side. So once you receive your shipping details, check the zip code portion as DHL's system has additional info needed even though your address was filled out correctly when ordering. Final price at chechout already includes duties and shipping.

Piqued my interest the past few months, is this D2D or a dragged on trip at Pasay/post office?

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 05:55:59 AM »
Piqued my interest the past few months, is this D2D or a dragged on trip at Pasay/post office?

Mine was delivered to my house via DHL. I think it's their standard courier as they did not give any other shipping option when I ordered.

Offline matmat66

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 01:35:09 PM »
How much is the total cost including shipment and taxes? Thanks.

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 05:48:30 AM »
How much is the total cost including shipment and taxes? Thanks.

PMed

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 02:27:05 PM »
Most recent app update now allows landscape view on Android tablets.