hulika

Author Topic: How to make a pedal board?  (Read 64926 times)

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: How to make a pedal board?
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2008, 06:57:27 AM »
Kaya pala you sold it. You can use marine ply pero mas mabigat un. If you're thinking of hardiflex mas mabigat parin. If you're thinking using wood slabs, much heavier. Maybe the only way to go is ALUMINUM or get a smaller size board or divide your setup into two section para dalawa bitbit mo and ma-devide ung weight. You can try to ask your local hardware for confirmation sa differences sa weight na binigay ko bro.

Guys, ito na ung pics.

BEFORE

VELCRO ATTACHED

THIN PLASTIC METHOD

AFTER

***THIS IS HOW THE CARPET LOOKS LIKE WHEN VELCRO IS DIRECTLY REMOVED***

:-D

No, I didn't sell it. That one I sold was different. You use marine play for your boards too right?

That thing you came up w/ is cool bro, but I think it's just pushing back in those "himulmol" from the carpet. Making it look not so obvious. I saw this carpet @ ACE which feels & looks more like a scotch-brite pad, it looks more durable but I wasn't able to test velcro on it.

Offline demoboi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2008, 12:59:11 PM »
nope. This is the logic behind that. Velcro has very tiny HOOKS right? If you say yes then let's continue. The carpet/surface has tiny fibers stuck together. Let us imagine na CIRCLET ito where the hooks go in. As you stick the Velcro sa carpet the hooks will go inside the circlets. So makadikit na sila. When you try to lift the velcro, may kapit na. So if you directly remove the velcro sa carpet it will literally pull the carpet fibers.

Let's have a simple analogy.
 Naka try ka na ba na sumabit ung t-shirt mo sa isang sharp object? diba may uusli na thread. SO if you pull that thread it will lengthen diba coz mahihila ung rest ng thread. Pero if you cut the thread near the site kung san siya umusli, walang lengthening or walang magiging effects sa shirt mo.

So my point is when you cut or remove the adhesion sa HOOK and CIRCLET before you pull it of it wouldn't create a "HIMULMOL". Coz ung himumol na sinabi mo bro yan ung lengthening or stretching of the carpet fiber.

Why does the soft part of the Velcro(partner of the hook part) doesn't have himumol?
'coz the fibers are woven dun sa parang base nya. Ung parang strap.

Ok let us go to the pushing back stuff. If pushing back, so may himulmol na na form diba? so ibabalik ko lang by pushing the fibers back sa carpet. right? If may himulmol na naform and im just pushing it back, it will not go back and would be visible sana. The only way who can remove the himumol is to cut it with a pair of scissors. Kahit you'll push it back for X long, it would not go back 'coz the "LENGTHENING" of the fiber is already there na. hehehe!

EXN PEDALBOARDS AND CASES http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,76364.0.html09173208410 / YM: exnpedalboards / skype: exn_pedalboards / fb: exnpedalboards / multiply: exnpedalboards

Offline inot1105

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2008, 02:48:28 PM »
hmmmmmmm.... ayaw mo talaga mag laptop bag trick?  hehehe..

yung akin, samsonite na laptop bag na inaamag sa attic namin. hahaha. tapos, linagyan ko ng chopping board na japanese (yes, MIJ hahahaha). nabili ko ng 88 pesos sa DIY shop. tapos lagyan mo na alng ng velcro. ok tong idea na to coz madali dalhin at magaan lang. mas magaan pa nga to sa mac ko :)

COOL  :wink:
1 Corinthians 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”;

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2008, 04:56:44 PM »
I made a DIY board with an old binder. Tinanggal ko lang yung isang flap. Then nag-putol ng loop side na velcro to fit the hook side velcro strips on my pedals. Tapos, nilagyan ng heavy duty double sided tape yung soft side ng velcro at sinalpak sa pedal. Then just place the pedal anywhere on the board.

Carrying case ko e old laptop bag. Worked like a charm. I still have the flap and the bag for my next mini board project. :-D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 04:59:33 PM by voidmain »
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline White Falcon

« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2008, 10:18:33 PM »
^Neat looking!

Mga Sir what do you use to attach the carpet on to the board? Glue ba? What kind and product po?
Salvation is here and He lives in me.......

Offline tondoguitar

« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2008, 11:02:53 PM »
di naman mabigat sir, dipende siguro sa materyales.. mas mabigay ung gma flyboard na ginagawang mga cabinet..
OT: san ka sa tondo lumaki kasi ako sa Juanluna TELLO hehehehe

sa may tapat lang ako ng torres high school. lam mo yun bro? hehe. mabigat ung board ko na galing sa computer table e. kaya ngayong naghahanap ako ng mas magaan na material.

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2008, 05:17:24 AM »
nope. This is the logic behind that. Velcro has very tiny HOOKS right? If you say yes then let's continue. The carpet/surface has tiny fibers stuck together. Let us imagine na CIRCLET ito where the hooks go in. As you stick the Velcro sa carpet the hooks will go inside the circlets. So makadikit na sila. When you try to lift the velcro, may kapit na. So if you directly remove the velcro sa carpet it will literally pull the carpet fibers.

Let's have a simple analogy.
 Naka try ka na ba na sumabit ung t-shirt mo sa isang sharp object? diba may uusli na thread. SO if you pull that thread it will lengthen diba coz mahihila ung rest ng thread. Pero if you cut the thread near the site kung san siya umusli, walang lengthening or walang magiging effects sa shirt mo.

So my point is when you cut or remove the adhesion sa HOOK and CIRCLET before you pull it of it wouldn't create a "HIMULMOL". Coz ung himumol na sinabi mo bro yan ung lengthening or stretching of the carpet fiber.

Why does the soft part of the Velcro(partner of the hook part) doesn't have himumol?
'coz the fibers are woven dun sa parang base nya. Ung parang strap.

Ok let us go to the pushing back stuff. If pushing back, so may himulmol na na form diba? so ibabalik ko lang by pushing the fibers back sa carpet. right? If may himulmol na naform and im just pushing it back, it will not go back and would be visible sana. The only way who can remove the himumol is to cut it with a pair of scissors. Kahit you'll push it back for X long, it would not go back 'coz the "LENGTHENING" of the fiber is already there na. hehehe!

Exactly bro! That's what I did w/ my previous board. I cut them so wala na yung himulmol. However though, cutting it everytime you remove the pedals makes the carpet thin & eventually, there wouldn't be enough fabric for the velcro to hold on to.

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2008, 09:41:10 AM »
^Neat looking!

Mga Sir what do you use to attach the carpet on to the board? Glue ba? What kind and product po?
3M double sided tape. Yung red na makapal. The tape itself looks like putty. The thin ones don't stick as much. I think they use this to stick fallen off car parts back on the car.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Offline guitarista77

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2008, 10:26:57 PM »
^Neat looking!

sa akin rugby, on the board and carpet..
continue life...,surive.

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2008, 10:52:50 PM »

Guys,
Which for you is more dependable for the pedals, velcro or carpet?

Offline melody_guitar

• Veteran Member
« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2008, 10:59:39 PM »
anu pong thickness ng plywood ang pwede gamitin?? 1/2 ba or pwede na 1/4 inch?? considering na 10 boss stomps ang ilalagay..thanks..
Available Guitarist for bands, Showbands/variety music, acoustic etc../color]

Offline erniebong

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2008, 11:40:44 PM »
Ako kadalasan 1/4 plywood, synthetic leaders, rugby, aluminum glass clip, 3m velcro with adhesive or 3m dual sided tape yung makapal. pag binuhat mo isang pedal sama buong board.

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2008, 07:11:50 AM »
Guys,

Velcro most definitely. Tapos kung may budget ka, look for the velcro brand na may adhesive (yun nga lang sa US lang meron ata nito). Mas malakas ang kapit at mas matibay kesa dun sa mga divisoria na velcro.

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2008, 03:27:00 AM »
Ako kadalasan 1/4 plywood, synthetic leaders, rugby, aluminum glass clip, 3m velcro with adhesive or 3m dual sided tape yung makapal. pag binuhat mo isang pedal sama buong board.

I love this one. :-D

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2008, 03:36:18 AM »
Velcro most definitely. Tapos kung may budget ka, look for the velcro brand na may adhesive (yun nga lang sa US lang meron ata nito). Mas malakas ang kapit at mas matibay kesa dun sa mga divisoria na velcro.

I think Quietstorm used to sell that right?

Thanks for the response.

Offline demoboi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2008, 11:29:11 AM »
anu pong thickness ng plywood ang pwede gamitin?? 1/2 ba or pwede na 1/4 inch?? considering na 10 boss stomps ang ilalagay..thanks..

11mm. 1/4 IMHO is too thin for me.
EXN PEDALBOARDS AND CASES http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,76364.0.html09173208410 / YM: exnpedalboards / skype: exn_pedalboards / fb: exnpedalboards / multiply: exnpedalboards

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2008, 07:45:41 PM »
1/4 will definitely give you problems. always, always use 1/2 marine ply. nothing more. nothing less. it will last longer. that, i can guarantee.
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2008, 08:09:25 PM »
1/4 will definitely give you problems. always, always use 1/2 marine ply. nothing more. nothing less. it will last longer. that, i can guarantee.

Is there any other wood better than marine ply?

leofelismino

« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2008, 03:48:36 AM »
ung sakin hmmm kumuha ka lang ng plywood sa mga nag gagawa ng furniture(basta may makita ka wood works, mahal kasi pag binili mo ung buong ply wood), tapos buy ka carpet and velcro, then ikabit mo ung carpet at velcro sa plywood at effects mo and aun na pedal board na!!!!! :)
ung bag, try laptop bags sa cdr king.....:) tapos ung ply wood eh ung kakasya lang sa laptop bag.

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2008, 07:54:41 AM »
Is there any other wood better than marine ply?

none
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline sidangelo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2008, 10:41:57 AM »
mga sir, tanong ko lang po, san po ba nakakabili ng carpet? :-D salamat po. :-D

leofelismino

« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2008, 12:51:44 PM »
3M double sided tape. Yung red na makapal. The tape itself looks like putty. The thin ones don't stick as much. I think they use this to stick fallen off car parts back on the car.

ung carpet sa board just use the godd ol rugby... or contact cement. un na din un...makakamura ka pa... dun lang sa effects ka gumamit ng double sided para tipid.. dba?

leofelismino

« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2008, 12:54:48 PM »
Guys,

velcro sa pedals, carpet sa board...

leofelismino

« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2008, 12:57:50 PM »

sir 1/4 lang po... masyado na bibigat pedal board mo pag 1/2... believe me.... and just use plywood... i used 1/4 pero kaya niya maghawak ng 12 boss pedals....u can buy plywood at ace hardware or sa mga furniture makers o woodworks....