hulika

Author Topic: Guitarists' view on Emo music  (Read 71973 times)

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Guitarists' view on Emo music
« Reply #375 on: February 21, 2008, 07:44:31 AM »
Emo is gayer than a transvestite in a pink polka-dot thong getting anally sodomized at a Gay Pride Parade while "I Will Survive" plays in the background.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 07:07:43 AM by Santo Muerte »

Offline paparoni

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #376 on: February 21, 2008, 09:14:43 AM »
oww. emo. the laslas convetion. don't try to cut your wrist with a blade. wasak.

Offline lefty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #377 on: February 21, 2008, 09:44:59 AM »
I think the word Emo was just invented to categorize music into its sub genres but has existed looong ago.. isnt blues a type of Emo? "my baby left me, got no money.." etc..

listen to The Rolling Stones, Paint It Black.. thats soo Emo..

Are You Experienced

Offline chromeknive

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #378 on: February 21, 2008, 02:02:11 PM »
I think the word Emo was just invented to categorize music into its sub genres but has existed looong ago.. isnt blues a type of Emo? "my baby left me, got no money.." etc..

listen to The Rolling Stones, Paint It Black.. thats soo Emo..

everything you said is wrong. if you read the good posts and conversations in this thread, you'd be enlightened. we have the priviledge of actually having people here who really know about "emo". check out paengkee's long posts.  :-)

Offline lefty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #379 on: February 22, 2008, 03:42:33 PM »
everything you said is wrong. if you read the good posts and conversations in this thread, you'd be enlightened. we have the priviledge of actually having people here who really know about "emo". check out paengkee's long posts.  :-)

If thats the case, it doesn't interest me.. Emo on. 8-)
Are You Experienced

Offline Eivar

• Veteran Member
« Reply #380 on: February 22, 2008, 07:57:55 PM »
mainit tong thread na to ah....

my view on emo music...

ACCOMPANIMENT: emo for me is an easy genre of music... the riffs are good but easy to play... you need to have great moves on stage in performing... because if not... then wala lang ang performance... drums are ok... speedy type... guitars are easy players... they compose riffs that are relax to play so they can show off with their moves like jumping etc...

DRESSUP: most emo guys i saw was so skinny! wearing black eye lashes... which is so gay to me... please no offense.... their hairstyle is like "covering one eye cut"... pretty good hairstyle... and most of the emo listeners are kids... literally kids...

LYRICS/VOCALS: their lyrics are great... and i mean their messages are great... so composers of emo... good job! for the vocals, for me, i dont like much about the style of their singing... its like crying while singing! and slanging the words so much! and they sometimes make their voices so tiny! and shout! and all of that....

CONCLUSION: when i started having a band... we cover emo... its ok for me... as time passes... i shifted to progressive metal... or any other metal... and strictly no emo... so emo is the trend today... so its ok... im not against emo or pro emo... coz their are points that emo that i like and dont like... there... peace out fellow rockers... :wink: :wink: :wink:
makunteto ka sa abot kaya mo, 20% sa gamit, 80% sa gumagamit
strange looking guitar collection  http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,80255.0.html

Offline juzaen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #381 on: February 22, 2008, 10:00:06 PM »
there have been a lot of bands with "whiney" vocals since the 70's, and what actually pissess me off is that while my vocalist was listening to led zep, his emo cousin cam and shouted "uy! nakikinig ka pala ng emo!"

what i don't like about the genre is the attitude of some of the bands and of most of the listeners.
heheheh kala si sir robert plant emo lol..
MY TOYS: 2001 Gibson 1958 Reissue, MesaBoogie subway blues, Springfield armory XDM 40sw, CZ SP01 shadow and MY GLOCK 23 40sw

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #382 on: February 22, 2008, 10:21:43 PM »
here's one more before this thread goes to hell.  :-D
it's been an interesting read.
a mix of really thought out posts and since this is GC,
its expected to have its fair share of haters & some really difficult personalities.
i guess it can't be helped.

so here's something done by an awesome artist, christian san jose jr.
his take on these kids we all seem to be so fond of.

more of his awesome art here http://csjwcr.deviantart.com/

now, back to guitars, it seems like the axe of choice for indie rock then was sg's and teles, while nowadays it seems like an assortment of more pointy axes, right?

i hear a lot of technical stuff from the new crop nowadays. as if they suddenly discovered swedish metal and made it more pop.

they made it... uhh... emotional? *nyuk nyuk*

Offline paparoni

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #383 on: February 22, 2008, 10:37:34 PM »
emo emo emo
tsk tsk tsk

Offline keida

« Reply #384 on: February 22, 2008, 11:34:59 PM »
they made it... uhh... emotional? *nyuk nyuk*

pssst. dont say bad words. ahahaha.
c'mawn, caitlyn bailey manila tour!
need a photographer? check my work: http://xkeidax.deviantart.com http://flickr.com/photos/xkeidax
-to see with eyes unclouded by hate -

Offline scyphiphora

« Reply #385 on: February 23, 2008, 09:16:20 AM »
//_x  dude, my girlfriend just dumped me last night

so what's the point in all of this.. when you will never change..

peace

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #386 on: February 23, 2008, 10:30:08 AM »
here's one more before this thread goes to hell.  :-D
it's been an interesting read.
a mix of really thought out posts and since this is GC,
its expected to have its fair share of haters & some really difficult personalities.
i guess it can't be helped.

so here's something done by an awesome artist, christian san jose jr.
his take on these kids we all seem to be so fond of.

more of his awesome art here http://csjwcr.deviantart.com/

now, back to guitars, it seems like the axe of choice for indie rock then was sg's and teles, while nowadays it seems like an assortment of more pointy axes, right?

i hear a lot of technical stuff from the new crop nowadays. as if they suddenly discovered swedish metal and made it more pop.

You should see the original pic......

Anyway just to be fair, masama mag stereotype ng tao just by the music he/she listens to. Pero sa kahit anong genre naman, there will always be people who will take it too far. Back to the topic, I find some riffs catchy. Ayoko lang yung maraming whining. TO EACH HIS OWN.
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline keida

« Reply #387 on: February 24, 2008, 09:50:50 AM »
You should see the original pic......

Anyway just to be fair, masama mag stereotype ng tao just by the music he/she listens to. Pero sa kahit anong genre naman, there will always be people who will take it too far. Back to the topic, I find some riffs catchy. Ayoko lang yung maraming whining. TO EACH HIS OWN.

yeah, i posted this in response to the guy who posted the original pic.

i agree with your opinion.
genre bashing is a waste of time though.
though constructive criticism is more than welcome.
people eventually evolve and mature (hopefully)
and move on to discover a broader range of music.
need a photographer? check my work: http://xkeidax.deviantart.com http://flickr.com/photos/xkeidax

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #388 on: February 25, 2008, 11:42:08 PM »
guys,
watch the Myxcellaneous EMO2 episode on your myx music channel at 9pm.we just finished editing this morning and grabe! daming views! 

this one's 'bout focusing on how the youth look at the Emo scene. they have comments, opinions and experiences by Emo youths, Posers, denials and more. different form the 1st Episode, we hope to enlighten the views on what is Emo..

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #389 on: February 26, 2008, 12:02:35 AM »
oww. emo. the laslas convetion. don't try to cut your wrist with a blade. wasak.

yung sa d'ramons to ah. the emo laslas convention.

"...and the people from laguna..." haha

Offline Ground Zero

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #390 on: February 26, 2008, 01:33:46 AM »
Ika nga ni Tado sa radio show nya... Emo capital daw ng Pilipinas ang Laguna... Totoo kaya? :-D
DEYM! x_x

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #391 on: February 26, 2008, 01:46:57 AM »
bakit nga ba Laguna? anong meron sa laguna? tipong bawat pamilya sa bawat baranggay emo ang itsura? haha.
Ows? Di nga?

Offline keida

« Reply #392 on: February 26, 2008, 01:55:15 AM »
kasi sa laguna, especially sa seven lakes scene/san pablo, unang nagusbongang mga unang banda na tumugtog ng ganitong genre (the good ones, mind you).

read back for more info.  :-D

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #393 on: February 26, 2008, 01:57:33 AM »
kasi sa laguna, especially sa seven lakes scene/san pablo, unang nagusbongang mga unang banda na tumugtog ng ganitong genre (the good ones, mind you).

read back for more info.  :-D

ah ok. ayus na. katamad isa isahin ang thread. haha.
Ows? Di nga?

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #394 on: February 26, 2008, 07:22:44 AM »
bakit nga ba Laguna? anong meron sa laguna? tipong bawat pamilya sa bawat baranggay emo ang itsura? haha.

Hinde pero kahit san ka tumingin may nakatambay with sideswept hair.
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #395 on: February 29, 2008, 03:06:34 PM »
natatawa ako pag naririning ko na sinasabi ng mga kabataan na EMO is just music, parang diko ma-take.. i think it's all..

siyempre, 1st is when hearing music from an artist, 2nd pag nagustuhan mo ung music ng artist and start to watch the music videos or search for them to see how they look, 3rd is finding how cool the artists look and now starting to do they're fashion, then 4th, when you're in to the artist, start to be involved with the music medyo ayan na... 5th is proclaiming the influence (or denying it in this matter).

parang nung 80's, we listen to Depeche Mode, to Tears for Fears, the Cure or even Lotus Eaters, etc.. this started the trend "NEW WAVE", we listen, look and even breathe "NEW WAVE", tapos sasabihin.. "new wave ka brad?", diba? ung iba "wow brad, Punks ka pala", nong 70's nga eh "wow pare, hippie", nuong 60's "Beatnicks", nuong 50's "Greasers", 90's pag naka all black ka, long hair "Metal", pag naka shorts, DM's, white shirt plaided polo na nakatali sa waist mo, "Grunge".. haayyy .. same thing as "EMO".. "brad, EMO ka pala?".. it's not negative.. it's an identity of what you are influenced of..

my 2 cents worth...
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 03:10:57 PM by the_Nong »

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #396 on: February 29, 2008, 03:23:38 PM »

parang nung 80's, we listen to Depeche Mode, to Tears for Fears, the Cure or even Lotus Eaters, etc.. this started the trend "NEW WAVE", we listen, look and even breathe "NEW WAVE", tapos sasabihin.. "new wave ka brad?", diba? ung iba "wow brad, Punks ka pala", nong 70's nga eh "wow pare, hippie", nuong 60's "Beatnicks", nuong 50's "Greasers", 90's pag naka all black ka, long hair "Metal", pag naka shorts, DM's, white shirt plaided polo na nakatali sa waist mo, "Grunge".. haayyy .. same thing as "EMO".. "brad, EMO ka pala?".. it's not negative.. it's an identity of what you are influenced of..

Amen to that.  In the 90's i was proud to call myself a metalhead.  "Nothing Else Matters" was my anthem.  people sneered at my angst and my ratty black t-shirts and long hair and dismissed me as a poser.  well IT WAS REAL TO ME, and it helped me get through a difficult time in my life.

10 years later, di na ko metal, in fact born again na ko, but i will never put down anyone who identifies with a certain type of music.  nanggaling ako dun e.
The Lord is close to the broken-hearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

Offline jaythegame

• Veteran Member
« Reply #397 on: February 29, 2008, 09:27:16 PM »
^^ the only difference is these "emo" dudes that you see on the streets will deny that they were into mtv emo in the future when another kind of genre becomes popular.. :wink:
geeesh

Offline markitut

« Reply #398 on: February 29, 2008, 11:54:35 PM »
10 years later, di na ko metal, in fact born again na ko, but i will never put down anyone who identifies with a certain type of music.  nanggaling ako dun e.

wow..astig..guitar4Christ taio bro.. hehe.

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #399 on: March 01, 2008, 11:49:39 AM »
^^ the only difference is these "emo" dudes that you see on the streets will deny that they were into mtv emo in the future when another kind of genre becomes popular.. :wink:

yep, music video Emo...