hulika

Author Topic: Guitarists' view on Emo music  (Read 71920 times)

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Guitarists' view on Emo music
« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
^^ eeh kasi kanya kanyang trip lang yan. :-D

you could ask the same question sa mga fashonistas.

Fashionistas? Bagay sila sa bagong album ng Radiocative Sago Project

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/grungeicon1006/sago-album.jpg

hahahaha :lol:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 10:16:53 PM by kurtcobainer »

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #176 on: February 22, 2007, 11:02:03 PM »

hahaha astigin ung photo na un ah. hehe :-D

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #177 on: February 22, 2007, 11:10:11 PM »

hahaha astigin ung photo na un ah. hehe :-D

Oo ako din sobrang natawa eh. Lalo na dun sa video nila. Straight to the point album title, wala ng paligoy-ligoy pa :-D

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #178 on: February 22, 2007, 11:17:16 PM »
heheheee....erap na fashionista yun e...  :lol:
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline queso_

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #179 on: February 26, 2007, 12:51:19 AM »
I like them kasi masaya minsan ung tugtugan kahit malungkot ung lyrics....basta..
o sa mga nagpaplanong maging emo...eto ung guide http://youtube.com/watch?v=JGLv3IEL0VI...comedy to...

dude hahahahaha nakakatawa to.. how to be emo hahaha.. and nabasa ko ung mga comments, most of them think emo as a fashion.. at ung pagiging sensitve nila, that is really stupid. dapat sir paengkee ipost mo din ung roots ng emo..  :mrgreen:

Offline zooyork_boi

« Reply #180 on: February 26, 2007, 02:36:22 AM »

hahahahahahahaha! emong-emo ah!  :-D
dont be a fool! stay in school!

Offline nookie

« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2007, 05:44:06 AM »
  Let EMO be EMO, they have their own culture (teen pop culture ngayon yata to) pinsan ng punk music as it seems. Let Metal be US!!! --  :evil: live and let live.

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2007, 02:00:35 PM »
Punk, Metal, New Wave, Hardcore, Thrash, Death, Gothic, Black, Speed, Southern, OI, EMO, Screamo, Oreo

It's all rock and roll to me.
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline zoom_gfx8

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2007, 05:56:00 PM »
paki explain nga po nito

5. too many posers/kupaws/inutil/orcs

ano ba mga yun?  :?

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #184 on: March 08, 2007, 06:58:35 PM »
hm to the dude who asked about the roots,

http://youdontknowemo.tk

dont be insulted by the url. its a really informative site that i contribute to

Offline nexus13

« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2008, 09:52:09 AM »
paki explain nga po nito

5. too many posers/kupaws/inutil/orcs

ano ba mga yun?  :?

baka ibig nya sabihin siguro:

posers - yung mga taong nakikisabay lang sa uso/trend para magmukha silang cool. At ang na-uso nga ngayon eh yung "emo" raw na porma like yung one sided bangs, thick eyeliner, yung wearing skinny jeans, fake worn out chucks or vans, studded belts at tight "emo" band shirts na often ay hindi naman talaga emo.. [may nakita pa nga ako nakasuot ng Led Zep na shirt eh.. LOL] most of the time mga orcs din sila.

kupaws - not really sure about this, though. lemme guess.. parang fans ng Greyhounds? parang mga Daga ng Queso? parang mga Banana-Q Boys ng Cueshe? mga Shooting Stars ng hale? wahaha! joke. di ko talaga alam.

orcs - also known as JJ's. [Jumping Jologs] mga taong pumunta lang sa concert for the sake of slamman at moshpit.. some doesn't even appreciate the playing band's musical talent. they just enjoy the sound of the distorted guitar, if you know what i mean. yung parang makarinig lang ng distortion magwawala na sa gitna.. at kadalasan pa, kasama nila yung "horde" nila sa mga concert na pinupuntahan nila with matching flags and banners na nakalagay: "\m/EmO-RoCkiZtAh's nG PaYaTaS!! \m/" or something like that.

inutil -self-explanatory.

oops todo-OT na.

tss. maraming talagang di nakakaalam tungkol sa tunay na ibig sabihin ng emo..
Ibanez SZ320 Brown Sunburst (Dimarzio PAF Pro Neck, Evo 2 Bridge) / Cort Zenox Z44 Arctic White > Sansamp GT2 > Digitech Synthwah > DD7 > Dano CC Trem > Cort 30W

Ibanez RG321MH Flat Black > AMT DT2 > PH2 > PS3 > Line 6 Verbzilla > Orange Crush 30R

Offline IncX

« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2008, 10:45:48 AM »

well, i really dont think "emo" is what emo really is. the stuff i hear now are either metal-ed version of alternative or prog version of alternative with a little gutteral or screamed versions of growling.

id like to consider this genre the new school of metal - not nu metal.

its really ironic that nu-metal was a genre that focused on grooves and banging on cave-man approved open chords i.e. technicalities sacrificed for aggression

while

new school of metal has all the techniques and cliche'd versions of arpeggio sweep picking/tremolo picking/crazy lead playing at the expense of being wimps. yes youve heard me... they are all wimpy sounding... i guess thats the "musicians trend" of the year... chops heavy, wimp music.

-*-

if you look at the fingers of the nu metal era guitarist, his first 2 fingers will be flat like a bar (he uses it to fret chords in Drop D tuning) while his 3rd finger and pinky are useless.

if you look at the fingers of the new school era... its like their fingers are doing this pattern all the time:

-----------------------12-----
-----------------9--
-------------10------
--------11-----------
--12----------------

regardless of what music he is jamming to, his brain is programmed to insert that cliche'd shape ... while imagining he is one of those DOTA heroes ... or something equally as geeky.

Offline blasphemous_grim

« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2008, 11:25:07 AM »
these bands are not emo:

* The Cure

The Cure WILL never be emo.... They're one of the founders of Goth. Lame... I'm not referring to paengkee. I'm just so pissed that they compare that fag genre to goth. or if not compare, dare to include the name of the band who founded goth.

Offline mikeiow

« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2008, 11:26:16 AM »
Non stop cycle lang to:

Yung mga panahong mga 50's 60's they say that rock 'n roll is the devil's music, mga tipong elvis presley music pa yun...ehehhehe tapos naging psychedelic 70's drug influenced rock...mga hendrix, led zep, zappa...tapos mga early metal na mga black sabbath...hanggang sa nag evolve to punk na kalaban ang mga nu-wavers (which i think yung porma ng emo nanggaling) then there's the 80's glam rock na yung original band pogi boy band with matching make-up, tight tights, and big hair...then came the seattle sound, (grunge, atlernative) na nagbigay chance sa mga bandang kahit d mashadong marunong tumugtog, but can still rock (this is my genre by the way, ahem). they killed the glam rock era...then dito sa pilipins nagkaroon  "hiphop versus metal" in the 90's (punks not dead) then nagkaroon ulit nang change...may rap metal na... then curt cobain shot himself and the grunge genre suddenly faded...kasi pumasok yung mga backstreet boys, nsync (ewww)...tapos pumasok na ang mga acoustic, unplugged then nabuhay ulit ang mga banda...then pumasok ang "emo"...which for me is just punk rock with personal lyrics with matching high pitched, whinning vocals...its just evolution...but it's still rock...eto na kasi nagugustuhan ng mga kids...pero they should also know the roots...thats very important...ang ayoko lang eh yung mga taong naki ki emo ksi eto yung uso...tulad ng ibang mga banda jan [insert band name here] then nag dedeny sila sa huli na hindi raw sila ganun...what i don't like is that kids these days are getting more suicidal kasi na "uso" to at nalilink sa "emo" music...although yung kanta ni ozzy osbourne na "suicide solution" dati may nagpakamatay dahil dun...well...they should blame the parents and not the music... :wink: to sum it up...if you don't like it, then don't listen to it..."emo" music is ok for me...the hair, goth make-up, tight baston pants, and especially the attitude (im not speaking in general)...it's so gay  :-D
"a true friend stabs you in the front"

« Reply #189 on: January 26, 2008, 11:31:22 AM »
i guess it's the gauge that says matanda na talaga tayo...when we were these kids age our folks(kahit mga rakista pa sila) would say "ano ba yang pinakikinggan mo ang sakit sa tenga?!"(and that was just metallica) and ngayon...i would say to my younger cousins..."ano ba yang pinakikinggan mo ang sakit sa tenga?!"...
the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams...

Offline vulcanraven

« Reply #190 on: January 26, 2008, 12:27:50 PM »
And what would the kids say about us ( Circa '80-'90 Heavy Metal )

" Dad is that you? with the Skinny jeans, adik-thin arms and curly long hair?  Kadiri!!!!!!!!"

Its just evolution. Period. We can say all we want, pero we just might be "not-catching up".

Pero yung nag to-torrid kissing na EMO boys( from page 5-7 I guess )? Kung me anak ako na lalake at mag -e-emo lang to do this? Ill introduce him to worshipping satan instead and listen to Acheron, Danzig, Cradle o Filth and stuff. Pwede nga mag adik na lang sya, baka ma tap pa nya creative sub-concious nya.

And yes. Circa ano ba ang maraming rants dito?
" wine is strong. A king is stronger. Women are even stronger, but Truth will conquer all!"

Offline edalbkrad

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #191 on: January 26, 2008, 12:38:28 PM »
there's one thing i dont like about emo...
there are no screaming guitar solos!!!

you cant use whammy, tremolo, or harmonics coz it will sound like rock

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2008, 01:04:11 PM »
personally, Emo is normal for young people, specifically the adolescence period of a person. i think everyone passed through that stage, where they say "no one understands me..", "she doesn't love me anymore, i can't take the pain.." or in short, sometimes called "Identity Crisis".  or now in modern times, is more on deep depression, anxiety, loneliness, and sorrow.. which most of the musicians put into words and music thus the birth of Emo (emotional) music. it sounds like a little punk rock & a mix of 80's new wave, so is the fashion, with the one-sided hair reminds me of the band 'A Flock of Seagulls', with those make-up and tight jeans like the Tears for Fears (with the 'hurting' album is kinda emo too, di lang halata kasi 1983 pa eh.. hehehe), the Cure & many more! obvious ba na 38years old nako? hehehehe..

some say Emo Music will fade like what happend to grunge, but hey, who
knows? basta ung mga emo bands dyan, admit na emo band kayo. it's perfectly ok.. :wink:

eto nalang, watch MYXposed on MYX, we just edited an episode on "EMO", the music, fashion, people what have you!? we had interviews from Francis Reyes, Zach, Typcast, Mong of Sandwich and more! so watch out for it!

RAKENROL!!!

« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 01:07:24 PM by the_Nong »

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #193 on: January 26, 2008, 01:16:15 PM »
^^^ nice view. but i would have to disagree about its inception. yes it has a lot of punk rock influence. but i dunno where the new wave influence sets in tho

http://myspace.com/indiansummersongs

doesnt sound like new wave to me. and about the fashion...

if there were such a thing as an emo kid, he would look like this:

La quiete

NOT LIKE THIS:

fag

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #194 on: January 26, 2008, 01:32:11 PM »

some say Emo Music will fade like what happend to grunge, but hey, who
knows?

emo will die.

i have no doubt of that.

rap metal suffered the same fate...and so many other genres.

blues, rock, hard rock, and metal? they endure.

"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline trewzd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #195 on: January 26, 2008, 01:57:38 PM »
emo music is ok but emo style sucks and their behavior is insane

Offline sidlead66

• Veteran Member
« Reply #196 on: January 26, 2008, 02:14:33 PM »
Emo is Love iMHo...

I play Metalcore (Screamo) and loving it.,.

and yet i play my instrumental music and play with my Fusion Geek Friends!! haha (haha... hahaha.... Mervs)...

tasting the icing is like savoring the whole cake... try nyo tumugtog ng Dashboard na iyun talaga... sobrang Hirap nun kaya?

Di ba EMO yung song na  " Bakit BA?? " kasi lyrics is whiny?

Di ba si <Popular Diva> naiyak na sa stage habang kumakanta?

Di ba Pantera naka Makeup dati at NAG SSCREAM???

Di ba considered na nagwawala si Jimi Hendrix nung nasa Stage siya (Pyro stuff)...???

Now is that so EMO or what??

Ang hirap din kasi sa Emo kaya ayaw ng iba kasi mas pogi mga Emo bands ngayon kesa sa kanila (including me!! HAHA).. at madaming chix... just dont discriminate... youll never know kung anung uring musician sila...

Ang korni is yung Poseur at mga EMO Fashionistas... na walang alam kung di kantahin ang guardian Angel... hehehe... pero!!! Maganda nga ang song na Guardian Angel

Ex. Look at SHANE GIBSON... guitarist ni Jonathan Davis (Korn) sa solo project nya... pag napanood mo mag Solo music Halimaw pala...

www.soundclick.com/sidpablo<br /><br />\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Sidlead66\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" on Youtube :)

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #197 on: January 26, 2008, 02:33:51 PM »
I don't like EMO. period hahaha. Nasa generation ako ng ng mga EMO kids ngayon pero nakakairritate mga EMO para sakin kasi yung mga suot nila, "feel nila" , etc. haha.
Mastrip ko parin blues, rock, metal, jazz etc hehehehe.  :lol:

Offline doksplata

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #198 on: January 26, 2008, 03:36:05 PM »
hardcore punk hindi emo

emo is a feeling..state of mind..

mostly of hale's songs are emo
neyo's so sick is emo...

deep emotional feeling na naguurge sayo gumawa ng malungkot na kanta...

hardcore punk po yun...

peace
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 03:37:32 PM by doksplata »

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #199 on: January 26, 2008, 03:48:26 PM »

Di ba Pantera naka Makeup dati at NAG SSCREAM???

Di ba considered na nagwawala si Jimi Hendrix nung nasa Stage siya (Pyro stuff)...???

Now is that so EMO or what??

pantera and their make up don't make them emo.

hendrix and his stage antics don't make him emo.

so no, that's not so emo.
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."