hulika

Author Topic: bakit karamihan ng mga sikat na banda ay galing sa mayayaman na pamilya?  (Read 50749 times)

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
"Kaya sumikat yan, mayaman"
"He can afford the best gear kasi may pera"
"Kaya nakakuha siya ng record deal, kilala niya mga tao"

That sounds to me like people downing others who are observed to be less "deserving".

A little thing I learned in life is that EVERYTHING IS FAIR. Life does not care if you're rich or poor, ugly or handsome, talented or not. What matters in life is that you do the best damn thing you can with what you've got, and how you can live with yourself in doing what you want or need to do.

Again, instead of focusing on what others have and you haven't got, focus on what you have and maximize it. if it still matters to you that you haven't gotten far even with the best you've given, then you're in the wrong ball game. Because what you have at that point is something that is more important than having reached the top of the heap, but without having paid your dues.

Yup, all of these are true. Pero like in my band's case. How can we step up kung wala kaming malakas na connections in the industry? Kasi we've been giving demo's like for a couple of years now pero wala pa ring result.
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuña Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
Yup, all of these are true. Pero like in my band's case. How can we step up kung wala kaming malakas na connections in the industry? Kasi we've been giving demo's like for a couple of years now pero wala pa ring result.

just keep on going, and invest in better recording technology/better studio recordings. you never know when it happens...

nO RLY

sa NU 107, pwede ka mag send ng demo tapes dun. si francis reyes (the dawn) yung kumukuha. dahil dun, nagkaroon ng itchyworms at iba pang bands. :-D

Offline Seej

• Forum Fanatic
sa NU 107, pwede ka mag send ng demo tapes dun. si francis reyes (the dawn) yung kumukuha. dahil dun, nagkaroon ng itchyworms at iba pang bands. :-D

In The Raw, keats. Nakalimutan ko na yung mga banda na naging sikat dahil dun.
Even a broken clock is right, twice a day

Offline Bagong Patunog

• Netizen Level
I know it is frustrating. This is not to discourage anyone but the reality in music profession particularly rock music is hard in the Philippines if you don't have the money to startup and the connections. This is actually true in most profession, "its whom you know" ika nga nila.

There are many good talented Filipinos and for most of their lifetime they ended up playing in bars, hotels gigs, etc. That aint enough. For the rich, they have a falldown if it didn't work for them the way they planned. Their family is rich so they have "mana" (inheritance).  :-)

But of course, if you are really good and gifted you maybe the next Freddie Agular.  :-)

Offline dyugs666

I think that for a band to "make it", kailangan may combination ng:

1. very good songs, (not just good for YOU, but for a wider audience)

2. a tight band, (that means practice, practice practice!!)

3. some THING that distinguishes you from the rest (ie, a distinct sound; costumes; a common hairdo, etc etc)

4. some connections (you'll make more along the way)

5. and it won't hurt if you have one or more good-looking band mate(s).

6. plus a lot of luck

Of course, there's more (ie, a techie band member who can make your website; or a band member na may recording equipment)  ... but these are (what i think) some of the important things so that you can "make it".

Some might not agree with me... But these hard truths, i learned from experience. Use it. :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 03:09:48 AM by dyugs666 »
@jugsjugsjugs on Twitter and Instagram

Offline dyugs666

Bakit karamihan ng mga sikat na banda ay galing sa mayayaman na pamilya?

Because they are spoiled. Or like Mike H. said Jeproks.   :-)

Men, sa pagka-alam ko, ang Jeproks ang equivalent ng JOLOGS ngayon.
Ang etymology niya ay binaliktad na PROJEKS... as in from the projects
( ie, Proj.7 )

8)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 03:15:20 AM by dyugs666 »
@jugsjugsjugs on Twitter and Instagram

Offline Bagong Patunog

• Netizen Level

( ie, Proj.7 ) 8)

Laki sa layaw.

For example, a U.S. made Fender Strat electric guitar cost $1400 (P70,000) multiplied sa P50.00 nalang. And a reasonable marshall amp/speaker will cost $1000.00 (P50,000). That is 70k + 50k = P120,000. And who who do you think will pay for this, the parents.

For someone who come from a rich family (given he is a jeproks) is able to acquire that immediately while the other person who is poor will have to work his way up earning 120k by starting either playing in low paying bars or even better playing abroad like Japan before he can buy a good quality Fender Start U.S. made.

Remember we are just talking of the guitar player. Wala pa ang other accessories or guitar effects etc.  :-)

Offline Bagong Patunog

• Netizen Level
I think that for a band to "make it", kailangan may combination ng:

1. very good songs, (not just good for YOU, but for a wider audience)

2. a tight band, (that means practice, practice practice!!)

3. some THING that distinguishes you from the rest (ie, a distinct sound; costumes; a common hairdo, etc etc)

4. some connections (you'll make more along the way)

5. and it won't hurt if you have one or more good-looking band mate(s).

6. plus a lot of luck

Of course, there's more (ie, a techie band member who can make your website; or a band member na may recording equipment)  ... but these are (what i think) some of the important things so that you can "make it".

Some might not agree with me... But these hard truths, i learned from experience. Use it. :)

"i learned from experience." And how much experience or rather how far did you go?  "Make it" as far as what? DZRJ, Malate/Mabini, Japan, Recording a few albums?

I think even Pepe Smith who had earned enough reputation and celebrity (during his younger years) and now at age 62 still "works hard for a living."
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 04:04:09 AM by Bagong Patunog »

Offline orion

( ie, Proj.7 ) 8)

Laki sa layaw.

For example, a U.S. made Fender Strat electric guitar cost $1400 (P70,000) multiplied sa P50.00 nalang. And a reasonable marshall amp/speaker will cost $1000.00 (P50,000). That is 70k + 50k = P120,000. And who who do you think will pay for this, the parents.

For someone who come from a rich family (given he is a jeproks) is able to acquire that immediately while the other person who is poor will have to work his way up earning 120k by starting either playing in low paying bars or even better playing abroad like Japan before he can buy a good quality Fender Start U.S. made.

Remember we are just talking of the guitar player. Wala pa ang other accessories or guitar effects etc.  :-)

hahahaha react lang ako d2,..swerte naman nun me suppotive na magulang,.samantalang ako nag drop ako ng subject nung college (di pa alam ng tatay ko hehehe) mga kaibigan ko lang.,,para mabili ko lang ung 2nd hand guitar (genesiseries) na binibenta ng ka-klase ko,.hehehehe,.(pero noon yun),.isa sa dahilan din kung bakit ako na extend ng 1 taon pa bago gumradwey.,ttsk tsk tsk,.--kaya tama JOLOGS ang tawag doon,.hahahahaha,.pero ok lang,.natuto naman din ako mag gitara kahit di pa ganun ka galing,.hahahahaha.
p.s word "magaling",.sobrang lawak i define,....kaya ikorek ko nlang ,. kaalam pala,.hehehehe :-D
pero as i said b4 ang music naman ay para sa lahat,.di naman kailang maging sikat tayo eh,.mahalaga napapasaya niya ang tao kung tayo ay nagiisa at malungkot wheter mayaman ka man o mahirap. :-D
kaya tama yung unang verse na inawit ni ka pepe,.peace 2 all
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 12:48:03 PM by orion »
It's either "Less is More" or "Less is Bore"

Offline Bagong Patunog

• Netizen Level

( ie, Proj.7 ) 8)

Laki sa layaw.

hahahaha react lang ako d2,..swerte naman nun me suppotive na magulang,.samantalang ako nag drop ako ng subject nung college (di pa alam ng tatay ko hehehe) mga kaibigan ko lang.,,para mabili ko lang ung 2nd hand guitar (genesiseries) na binibenta ng ka-klase ko,.hehehehe,.(pero noon yun),.isa sa dahilan din kung bakit ako na extend ng 1 taon pa bago gumradwey.,ttsk tsk tsk,.--kaya tama JOLOGS ang tawag doon,.hahahahaha,.pero ok lang,.natuto naman din ako mag gitara kahit di pa ganun ka galing,.hahahahaha.
p.s word "magaling",.sobrang lawak i define,....kaya ikorek ko nlang ,. kaalam pala,.hehehehe :-D
pero as i said b4 ang music naman ay para sa lahat,.di naman kailang maging sikat tayo eh,.mahalaga napapasaya niya ang tao kung tayo ay nagiisa at malungkot wheter mayaman ka man o mahirap. :-D
kaya tama yung unang verse na inawit ni ka pepe,.peace 2 all

O kita muna. Mukhang ginamit mo pa ang pang "matricula" mo para mabili lang iyang 2nd hand na "genesis series" guitar sa kaklase mo. Bibile ka lang nang guitar "never heard" pa.

This is what I'm pointing out. In this business its hard. How can you possibly compete with guys who have better instrument & equipment? With guys who have rich families who knows someone that can expedite and promote their "laki sa layaw" kids band.

Also don't forget, most rock group or "sikat na banda galing sa mayayaman na pamilya" na sumisikat are school drops outs, took drugs one time or another, and do just that (play music) most of the time and day.  :-)

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus

"i learned from experience." And how much experience or rather how far did you go?  "Make it" as far as what? DZRJ, Malate/Mabini, Japan, Recording a few albums?

I think even Pepe Smith who had earned enough reputation and celebrity (during his younger years) and now at age 62 still "works hard for a living."

Sir, sa Itchyworms siya.

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
Laki sa layaw.

May kakilala ako na nasa sikat na banda. Yung mga Fender Jaguar niya, pakalat-kalat lang sa bahay nila. Yung gear ng banda niya siya ang nag-provide. May sarili siyang recording studio. Siyempre ba naman, kung ang nanay mo e President ng isang bangko diba?

Offline weedur

• Forum Fanatic
sa tingin ko hindi totoo 'to at naghahanap lang kayo ng rason para magreklamo at mapagbibintangan.

bakit, ilan lang bang banda ang namention niyong "mayaman"? 3? 4? 5?
eh, ilang banda ba sikat ngayon?

pareho din ito dun sa mga nagsasabing: "eh kasi, pogi yung isa sa knila, e!"

Offline Bagong Patunog

• Netizen Level
Laki sa layaw.

May kakilala ako na nasa sikat na banda. Yung mga Fender Jaguar niya, pakalat-kalat lang sa bahay nila. Yung gear ng banda niya siya ang nag-provide. May sarili siyang recording studio. Siyempre ba naman, kung ang nanay mo e President ng isang bangko diba?

But then there is also the ones's who has the (money for equipment, etc) but the music is not there. Or the music is not for them.  :-)

Offline Bagong Patunog

• Netizen Level

Sir, sa Itchyworms siya.

Ok. He emailed me a couple of times. Not all are able to afford their startups.  :-)

Offline frogfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ganun talaga e, may pera sila at supportive ang mga magulang. Mapalad sila.

Ke mayaman, mahirap pag-igihan na lang natin ang ginagawa natin.
"Competition is for horses, not artists." - Bela Bartok

"I don’t like to look back, because the whole point in jazz is doing it now." - Scott LaFaro

Offline Chichikat

kasi may pambili sila ng mga magagandang instrumento...
"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist."

Offline rakzz

• Netizen Level

keep on trying or maybe stay in manila nalang (sapalaran) im sure may mga exposure na maibibigay sa inyo  at u go from there...

Offline rakzz

• Netizen Level
sa tingin ko hindi totoo 'to at naghahanap lang kayo ng rason para magreklamo at mapagbibintangan.

bakit, ilan lang bang banda ang namention niyong "mayaman"? 3? 4? 5?
eh, ilang banda ba sikat ngayon?

pareho din ito dun sa mga nagsasabing: "eh kasi, pogi yung isa sa knila, e!"

may point ka!

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus

keep on trying or maybe stay in manila nalang (sapalaran) im sure may mga exposure na maibibigay sa inyo  at u go from there...

Mahirap po mangyari yun kasi we all have day jobs here in Pangasinan. Pero we're willing to travel naman kung kinakailangan. Ang gusto kasi ng mga kasama ko kapag sure na, for example, may manager na willing i-market kami. We can adjust our scheds. So far, connections ang problema namin ngayon. about our songs, we have i think 12 to 15 compositions ready.
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuña Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
ibig sabihin sisikat din si oasgomez??

oops! sikat na pala cya....

...dito....

My Herbert Diezel Max?

OP KERS NAAAT!

:-D :-P :-D
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

dref40cc

syempre sa pagbanda kelangan nag pera sa instruments, recording, promotion , koneksiyon etc

Offline born2groove

• Veteran Member
obvious naman ang sagot eh..
-may pambili ng gear
-walang ginagawa sa bahay na work so ingat ang fingers
-may connections sa music industry
 aun...hehe opinions ko lang. peace :-D
"Love...is an accident waiting to happen."
(bawal ang mga gaya-gaya dito sa philmusic) :p
www.friendster.com/born2groove

Offline driftees

yan ang realidad..... :cry:

pero yan na nga ang masakit na katotohanan pababayaan pang mangyari... e di just continue to improve one's craft until lady luck knocks in....peace... :mrgreen:
ang gulo-gulo na ng mundo kaya magtugtugan na lang tayo!!!!

--->>>> Emy pLuG <<<<---