hulika

Author Topic: DIY boutique amps, pedals, mod kits, proto-type circuits, etc - Post them here!  (Read 1817831 times)

Offline gambit07

Re: DIY boutique amps, pedals, mod kits, proto-type circuits, etc - Post them here!
« Reply #8475 on: September 26, 2015, 03:02:03 AM »
Figure out this was the case. haha! 2 nalang sana, since nawire ko na yung iba. And i'm guessing Vero yung board mo? (horizontal connections) hindi perf? Wala ako makitang ganyan dito.

And guys, hanep ang linis ng wiring. Idol! :)) ang dumi nung akin. well, 2months pa lang naman ako sa stuff na to. pero ang saya pag gumagana yung pedal. wooh. haha!

Salamat! :-D

Hindi vero yung board ko, perf yan, wala rin kasi vero dito sa amin.. so tiyaga2 talaga sa pagpopulate ng board.. patience is the key para sa malinis na build, kaya katagalan lilinis din ang builds mo. :)
Enjoy talaga gumawa ng gadgets, badtrip lang din kapag di gumana sa unang beses.. pero kapag nasanay na sa usual culprits ng problematic boards, madali nlng magtroubleshoot. :) gawa ka lang ng gawa..

Plano ko gumawa ng all DIY board katulad ng idol ko na si sir JMWRECK.
Ganda ng mga gawa nyan ni sir jm!  hi bossing! :wave:
FORTES in FIDE!

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: DIY boutique amps, pedals, mod kits, proto-type circuits, etc - Post them here!
« Reply #8476 on: September 28, 2015, 08:06:14 AM »
Some pedals I finished last weekend:

More to come!

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8477 on: September 29, 2015, 05:03:37 PM »
Finished today:
✓ Mochi
✓ Voltage Booster

Offline thkh

« Reply #8478 on: September 29, 2015, 08:14:30 PM »

I'm planning to DIY an AUX switch for a pedal but wondering if I can add an expression I/O to control additional parameters for the pedal.

Here's the schematic : https://branchonmaybe.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/fs3x-wiring.jpg

I guess the build is pretty simple but I've zero experience in circuits. What do I need to add so I can use an expression pedal in addition to the other 3 switches.

Thanks.
i lurve delay pedals

Offline quaternotetriplet

• Philmusicus Addictus
Finished today:
✓ Mochi
✓ Voltage Booster

jpg[/img][/URL]
Ganda ng mga PCB mo bro!
h

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
Planning to build a Lovepedal clone but don't know which sounds okay for my needs. Choosing between Les Lius/ Englishman/ Eternity. I want a tube sounding overdrive that isn't too harsh at high settings. Also want it to be transparent and can be a good clean booster after a centaur. Need your opinions. Thanks!

Offline ubersam

• Philmusicus Addictus
...Choosing between Les Lius/ Englishman/ Eternity... Also want it to be transparent and can be a good clean booster after a centaur.
The Les Luis and the Englishman are both simple one-transistor booster followed by clipping diodes. The Eternity is an opamp based overdrive, basically a TS type circuit but without input/output buffers. I would suggest to build and audition all three on a breadboard.

For clean boost, I would suggest a simple JFET input opamp booster. An OPA2134 or LF353N dual opamp would be nice.

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
The Les Luis and the Englishman are both simple one-transistor booster followed by clipping diodes. The Eternity is an opamp based overdrive, basically a TS type circuit but without input/output buffers. I would suggest to build and audition all three on a breadboard.

For clean boost, I would suggest a simple JFET input opamp booster. An OPA2134 or LF353N dual opamp would be nice.

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it. What can you say about the Honeybee OD sir?

Offline ubersam

• Philmusicus Addictus
Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it. What can you say about the Honeybee OD sir?
No experience with the Honey Bee OD other than looking at the schematic. At first glance, it looks like a single opamp + clipping diodes type of OD, but it's more than that. There is a JFET booster ahead of the opamp. There are three feedback loops in addition to the typical drive pot feedback loop. The last feedback loop comes after the JFET output stage which looks like it is wired as a recovery stage or a mild boost. Very interesting looking circuit.

Offline hentay

Hello all. Trying to find anyone who could help me out in trying convert a Fender Bassman 4x 10 Combo to a Head and Cab set up. (Seperate head of course and a 2 x 12 Cab) Could anyone point me in the direction of a reputable builder? Thanks!

Offline chernandez1

Guys! question:

Nagpopop yung pedal ko whenever I'm using it. Di ko alam issue. May pulldown resistors yung board ko, and the thing is, ang ginagawa ko bago tumugtog, inuulan ko ng apak, after a number of tries, nawawawala na yung pop.

San kaya yung problema? Switch kaya?

Thanks!
If there are encounters, there are partings as well

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
Latest build a simple JFET buffer

No experience with the Honey Bee OD other than looking at the schematic. At first glance, it looks like a single opamp + clipping diodes type of OD, but it's more than that. There is a JFET booster ahead of the opamp. There are three feedback loops in addition to the typical drive pot feedback loop. The last feedback loop comes after the JFET output stage which looks like it is wired as a recovery stage or a mild boost. Very interesting looking circuit.

Now that's more like it! Thanks for the detailed explanation sir! I'm gonna give this one a try. :wave:

Offline ubersam

• Philmusicus Addictus
Now that's more like it! Thanks for the detailed explanation sir! I'm gonna give this one a try. :wave:
Just a thought, the opamp in the Honey Bee is supposedly a CA3130EZ (Intersil) which is a MOSFET input, CMOS output opamp. So, a JFET input or a bi-polar input opamp might sound different in the circuit.

Offline fretzburner

• Forum Fanatic
Honey Bee  is a good boost/low gain OD, i'm using CA3130 chip.Also built the model H and i liked it too.
"It's not just the game of notes,it's the sound inside your soul"

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
^^^Thanks for the insights guys. This sounds promising based on some clips I've heard over YT. Might replace my CMATmods Butah soon.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 05:06:58 AM by cacophony »

Offline chernandez1

Sir cacophony. :)) Nakita ko yung offer mo regarding orders sa US, and I was about to PM you. haha. Pero mukhang no go na? Anyway, looking forward din dun sa honey bee na gawa mo. although sa mga narinig kong clips, mas feel ko yung morning glory ng JHS. nacheck mo na yun?
If there are encounters, there are partings as well

Offline ubersam

• Philmusicus Addictus
...although sa mga narinig kong clips, mas feel ko yung morning glory ng JHS. nacheck mo na yun?
The Morning Glory is essentially a slightly modded Marshall Bluesbreaker (with the volume on full) followed by a JFET booster. The JFET and the values surrounding it suggests that it is a clean boost, perhaps just a volume boost. The powersupply filtering is improved, kinda. It's also using a different reverse polarity protection scheme. The other difference is the choice of opamp; the Morning Glory uses (supposedly) a LM833N. The N indicates the National Semiconductor design, which Texas Instruments now owns. Not sure if you'll hear a difference between the N and non-N variants. I think I hear a difference between the N & non-N variants of the LF353, but it could just be a placebo effect. Anyway, the LM833N is an old-school Audio/HiFi device. You'll find it in some studio equipment and mixing boards.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 08:15:32 AM by ubersam »

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
Sir cacophony. :)) Nakita ko yung offer mo regarding orders sa US, and I was about to PM you. haha. Pero mukhang no go na? Anyway, looking forward din dun sa honey bee na gawa mo. although sa mga narinig kong clips, mas feel ko yung morning glory ng JHS. nacheck mo na yun?

Proceeded with the order yesterday. No one replied so I didn't anticipate any more requests. Haven't looked on that one yet but I've heard it's a good OD for low gain purposes. If Aion Elec is offering that one, I might have given it a chance along with Honeybee.

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
dumadami ng mga anak ko ah.. proud to see our little thread growing and thriving.. and salamat din sa pagsagot sa mga inquiry ng mga enthusiasts habang busy ang lolo :) .. you make me proud guys!  :mrgreen:

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
dumadami ng mga anak ko ah.. proud to see our little thread growing and thriving.. and salamat din sa pagsagot sa mga inquiry ng mga enthusiasts habang busy ang lolo :) .. you make me proud guys!  :mrgreen:

THE LEGEND!! Thanks for answering my queries when I was starting years ago, sir Emil. :-D

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
keep it up everyone ha! 

THE LEGEND!! Thanks for answering my queries when I was starting years ago, sir Emil. :-D

thanks bro.. sweet!  :mrgreen:  :)

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
Badly need an Alpha 1M log pot. Kung sino meron and willing to sell kindly PM me. Thanks!!!

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Badly need an Alpha 1M log pot. Kung sino meron and willing to sell kindly PM me. Thanks!!!

meron atang 1M pot sa epektos paps?
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus

meron atang 1M pot sa epektos paps?

I know. Just taking chance here on the forum as I don't want to expend on shipping just for a single pot XD Anyway, I got it all fixed out.

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
Grabe! Ang bilis ng shipment nung Aion PCBs! I ordered last Oct 7th and got it yesterday, Oct 15th! Honey bee OD here I come!