hulika

Author Topic: DIY boutique amps, pedals, mod kits, proto-type circuits, etc - Post them here!  (Read 1317029 times)

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
Patrick starfish reverb
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER

Offline hiskoolstudes

• Philmusicus Addictus
san pwde bumili ng parts online to build a pedal?

I'm interesting in building a RAT or a Woolly mammoth clone.
LF:
Ibanez Musician Bass

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
san pwde bumili ng parts online to build a pedal?

I'm interesting in building a RAT or a Woolly mammoth clone.

Internatioinal ▼

RADIOSHACK
MAPLIN
MOUSER
DIGIKEY

Local ▼

SPUDMUSIC, EPEKTOS, GUITAR PUSHER,  DRAGON-SWITCH, EPICTONE, Etc

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.

God bless

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: DIY boutique amps, pedals, mod kits, proto-type circuits, etc - Post them here!
« Reply #8828 on: September 02, 2020, 07:57:35 PM »
Matagal din ako hindi nakapag-post dito.

My latest build.... Kramtone Bushido V4

Sound test

https://www.facebook.com/KRAMTONE/poAsts/10221874688350878

Online lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Never thought I'd ever get this far DIY'ing. My first tube amplifier build, put together using schematics from AX84.com for the power section, and a classic Blackface Twin Reverb channel 1 for the preamp. Still doing some minor tweaks here and there, but it's 100% running, and sounds really good cranked.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ganda! Where'd you buy the chassis and all other parts?
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ganda! Where'd you buy the chassis and all other parts?

marco it's always worth a try and ask mang raul.. alam ko may bending machine siya which he uses with his tube amp/pedal enclosures before..

Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.

God bless

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
Never thought I'd ever get this far DIY'ing. My first tube amplifier build, put together using schematics from AX84.com for the power section, and a classic Blackface Twin Reverb channel 1 for the preamp. Still doing some minor tweaks here and there, but it's 100% running, and sounds really good cranked.

ang galing bro!

Job 7:8
Though your beginnings were modest, your latter days will flourish.

God bless

Online lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Thank you sirs!

Got the power transformer (Hammond 370FX) and chassis (Hammond 1441-32BK3) from Mouser.

The output transformer (Toei OPT-20S), rectifier diodes (UF4007) 1/4" jacks (Switchcraft), potentiometers (Tocos Cosmos RV24YN20S series), high-voltage switches (NKK M series), knobs, tube sockets, IEC connector, pilot light holder, and bias test points are from Akihabara in Tokyo, Japan.

The Standoffs are from RS Online, measuring 75mm x M5 threads for mounting the entire thing onto a head or combo shell, and 20mm x M4 for holding the Lazada-sourced eyelet board onto the chassis.

I had to special-order the 120pF and 250pF Silver Mica signal capacitors because I couldn't seem to find anything that's rated for at least 400V locally. These were ordered from element14.

All the remaining resistors, capacitors, switches, potentiometer, fuse holder, wires, screws, washers, nuts, bolts, and ring terminals were sourced locally (Ohms, Deeco, Alexan, etc.). Note the Orange Drop 716P capacitors rated for 400V, gotten from epektos if I'm not mistaken.

I'm still thinking of finding the correct incandescent lamp type for the pilot light, but right now I'm pretty satisfied with two diodes in parallel plus two current limiting resistors, with minimal flickering.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
marco it's always worth a try and ask mang raul.. alam ko may bending machine siya which he uses with his tube amp/pedal enclosures before..

God bless

Talked to him dati, sabi niya pinapagawa lang din nya chassis dati hehe. Kaya ang projects ko parati is from broken tube amps hehe.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.