hulika

Poll

Realistically, HOW MUCH AT MOST would you pay for an hour to rehearse with these stuff?

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
9 (69.2%)
3 (23.1%)
>180
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: How much AT MOST would you pay for an hour for this rehearsal studio?  (Read 4808 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Rehearsal Studio equipment:

DRUMS:
PDP (Pacific Drum and Percussion) Fusion Kit
Sabian AAX Metal Cymbals
Gibraltar Drum Throne

GUITAR AMPS:
Hughes And Kettner Attax 100 1x12 SS Combo
Johnson Amplification JM120 Marquis Digital 2x12 Combo
Ashdown Fallen Angel FA40 1x12 all-tube combo

BASS AMP:
Ashdown MAG 300 410 combo

KEYBOARD:
Korg X5D
Ashdown Acoustic Radiator Amp

PA:
Yamaha Promix Digital Mixer
DBX 266XL Compressor
Beta3 Active 12" full-range speakers
Shure PG58 Mics

ENHANCEMENTS:
Full-Airconditioning
Sound Proofing
Acoustic Enhancement
Refrigerator (drinks for sale)

I intend to have a rehearsal studio soon...

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
I voted 150... wala lang, market conditions.

Good idea! Walang lugaw? :D
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline skin

• Philmusicus Addictus
san location mo?...factor din yan

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator

i clicked on 150 php.

i myself would probably price the studio at 250 php... why? ... the less ppl who practice, the lesser stuff i need to maintain *lol*

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus

i myself would probably price the studio at 250 php...

ako din. para sa mga ganyang gamit (which btw ranks waaaaaay above the average on studio equipment) i'd pay AT LEAST 250php per hour.

kaso problema lang e most people would rather pay less for a lesser ranked studio.

Offline fatboyrosqui

yup, tama nga. i'd say Php 150 too because of market pressures. standard na yun na price, except yung ilan, less than that pa nga (how can they do that? ang galing) :-D

or at the most, less than 200 bucks. bihira lang ako makakita ng umaabot ng 200 (for one, yung Pipeline - but of course, I would guess na 200 kasi Makati yun, hehe. but i don't think naging 200 yun coz of the gear - I've practiced there once already and ok-ok lang yung gamit, nothing extraordinary)

kasi feeling ko - kaya nga rehearsal - kasi, practice pa lang yan. kung recording - ayan, that makes such a lot of difference.

not-too-expensive equipment naman kasi sa rehearsal need not necessarily mean na sasama na ang overall sound. also, the opposite is true - kahit mahal ang gamit, baka mamya, di maganda ang timpla.

examples of good 150-peso rehearsal studios are Gig Studio (Ermin Garcia, Cubao) and Blue Room (Maginhawa St., Teacher's Village). of course, there are some weaknesses but it gets the job done  :-D

Offline Agent_So

• Veteran Member
try nyo rin solemn harmony of cavite...  :-D :-D

ot po.. sorry...  :lol:
Solemn Harmony Studio
Blk-1, Lot-7, Diamond St., Silverhomes Classic, Perpetual Village 7, Bacoor, Cavite. CELL: 0915-492-2800 (Premier,Peavey,Hartke,Mackie,JBL,Shure,DBX,Zoom)

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator

btw. you might be able to use this info skunky:

i've never been to a practice place that had decent vocals. the speakers are  crap (i wanna see JBL, hehe), i cant hear myself against the drums and distorted guitars ... and the damn thing feedbacks all over the place.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus

i've never been to a practice place that had decent vocals. the speakers are  crap (i wanna see JBL, hehe), i cant hear myself against the drums and distorted guitars ... and the damn thing feedbacks all over the place.

That might be because of the lack of compression and less headroom on the mixer's mic preamps.  Common problem yan kahit sa bars that don't invest on compressors.  What happens is you don't want the mic signals to clip, so you set the gain low, but those transients are only what can be heard well over the mix, hence you need a bit more push for softer vocal parts.  Add a tad more gain, mics start to feed back.  That is why you need compression.  As far as eq is concerned, I think the mixers can do well already for rehearsal.

Also, JBLs and EVs are the creme dela creme but I just found out that Beta3s are OEMs for EV so what the heck...

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
^^ how about offer headphone monitors just for vocalists? I've never seen that. I think it would really be useful.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
^^ how about offer headphone monitors just for vocalists? I've never seen that. I think it would really be useful.

I think no one would like to have the second nature of using headphones while rehearsing unless you want to look like Janet Jackson (thus using a headset).

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus

I think no one would like to have the second nature of using headphones while rehearsing unless you want to look like Janet Jackson (thus using a headset).

Yun lang nga, mukha kang [chewbacca]... pero you'd definitely hear yourself. I'm sure may kakagat diyan, para feeling studio na studio, hehehehe.

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
I'd be willing to pay 300 for that kind of setup. I'm paying 300 in studios who have lesser quality equipment anyway.
Surf's Up!

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
I'd be willing to pay 300 for that kind of setup. I'm paying 300 in studios who have lesser quality equipment anyway.

I hope the others can follow suit hehehe...

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
Rehearsal Studio equipment:

DRUMS:
PDP (Pacific Drum and Percussion) Fusion Kit
Sabian AAX Metal Cymbals
Gibraltar Drum Throne

GUITAR AMPS:
Hughes And Kettner Attax 100 1x12 SS Combo
Johnson Amplification JM120 Marquis Digital 2x12 Combo
Ashdown Fallen Angel FA40 1x12 all-tube combo

BASS AMP:
Ashdown MAG 300 410 combo

KEYBOARD:
Korg X5D
Ashdown Acoustic Radiator Amp

PA:
Yamaha Promix Digital Mixer
DBX 266XL Compressor
Beta3 Active 12" full-range speakers
Shure PG58 Mics

ENHANCEMENTS:
Full-Airconditioning
Sound Proofing
Acoustic Enhancement

I intend to have a rehearsal studio soon...

Why not charge more (250+) BUT also offer value-added services -- timpla ng tone, balancing everyone's sound, a free recorded clip, etc.  I would not bow down to so-called market pressures and price like other studios since (and I'm assuming this is true) that your gear is better that what other studios have.

Offline Blueberri

i guess it depends on your target market...and how much you'd want to get out of the rehearsal studio. Kung ako ganyan gamit ko I'd bump up the prices too, pero of course fewer bands will practice, at lesser hours, sakit nun ah, 200 per hour??

i guess what you could do is down grade a bit, specially sa amps...lakas ng tube sa kuryente, plus cost of replacing tubes/speakers, or teaching uninformed guitarist of using the standby switch and not to switch it on and off all the time...then lower your rates.

Offline Agent_So

• Veteran Member

wow sir... i wish lahat ng jammers tulad mo! eheheh.. ako nga plan ko rin 250 pesos... kaso labanan dito sa cavite 130-150-160-170...  pero like what concerns others baka lalo ka mawalan ng customer... im at 150 right now.. problema ko pa sa loob ng subd yung studio namin though dinadayo naman.. kaya di rin ako makapag taas kasi yung iba accessible.. pero i cant say na quality studio sila... panlaban nalang namin gamit at ambience ng studio... tingin nyo guys sa 170 masakit pa?? lalo na usually jammers mga students..
Solemn Harmony Studio
Blk-1, Lot-7, Diamond St., Silverhomes Classic, Perpetual Village 7, Bacoor, Cavite. CELL: 0915-492-2800 (Premier,Peavey,Hartke,Mackie,JBL,Shure,DBX,Zoom)

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus

remember that you have to spend as much time treating the acoustics of your place as putting in the time buying gear. no amount of gear will make up for a lack of acoustics.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus

I hope the others can follow suit hehehe...

Let me know when it's already up and running. Pasig ka right? Sana sa Makati mo na lang ilagay para mas malapit ang byahe.  :-D
Surf's Up!

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus

200 - 250.

:-)
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline smarty

• Forum Fanatic
dud what if the survey leads to a majority at 150 per hour, sundin mo ba?

dami matutuwa nyan. hehehe

honestly, with that kind of gears, 250 and above na ang dapat na rate.

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
I'd pay 250 an hour, at least.

Offline gjuanengo

• Veteran Member
300 is more than fair for a setup like that man.

Tapos, give free "tone advice"

And set up a guitar tech/drum tech service while your at it. :D
Get Wylde.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
I'd pay 250 an hour, at least.

AT LEAST???  :lol: Can I charge you a thousand per hour?  :-D

Offline mayk_bam

• Forum Fanatic
im willing to pay 250+/hour for that kind of setup for as long as kasama ko ung mga kabanda from HP....HEHE ;-)
Ibanez RG530 DX, Korg X50