hulika

Author Topic: Playin it Straight!!  (Read 11034 times)

Offline in_the_tent

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Playin it Straight!!
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2007, 10:30:26 PM »
yeah! :-)
"The Lord is my Song.."

Offline franco

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2007, 11:21:19 PM »

drumming depends on motor skills ... and motor skills are impaired when you're drunk or high on downers.  1+1  :-)

What about uppers? :|

onga naman, andaming illegal substances na hindi downers na nakaka apekto di lang sa pagddrums pero sa maraming bagay. take acid papers, cocaine, ecstasy, metamphetamine di yan downers pero laki ng damage nyan sa user once na maging dependent sya. if you drink a bottle of beer before you play, would you really get drunk?! like i said, "BALANCE" lng yan. try to keep it moderate kung di mo kaya itigil agad pero kung mahihinto mo naman yung mga bisyong yan ng ganon ganon lng then good for you :-) kahit anong bagay basta sobra, hindi na maganda ang resulta. i hope you don't get me wrong, i'm just honestly speaking out my mind
if you can't join them, beat them!

Offline pyong_2

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2007, 01:08:20 AM »
korek si sir Jp.. yung control ang importante.. i remeber one of our alternate drummer in a pub before mga 5 years ago siguro, grabe sa lasengero yung banda na to, yung banda tumutugtog and then suddenly bumagsak sa snare tapos natulog, nakakatawa o nakakatuwa na nakakaawa, nagulat ang lahat specially me, ayokong mangyari to sakin hihihih. pati boss namin kaya di na masyado umiinom kasi may bad experience nadin dati pero ayaw sabihin kung ano hihihih.. sabi nga nila puwede tayong magenjoy ng hindi naglalasing.GodBless
GDBLZ

Offline Bammbamm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2007, 01:18:17 PM »

drumming depends on motor skills ... and motor skills are impaired when you're drunk or high on downers.  1+1  :-)

What about uppers? :|

onga naman, andaming illegal substances na hindi downers na nakaka apekto di lang sa pagddrums pero sa maraming bagay. take acid papers, cocaine, ecstasy, metamphetamine di yan downers pero laki ng damage nyan sa user once na maging dependent sya. if you drink a bottle of beer before you play, would you really get drunk?! like i said, "BALANCE" lng yan. try to keep it moderate kung di mo kaya itigil agad pero kung mahihinto mo naman yung mga bisyong yan ng ganon ganon lng then good for you :-) kahit anong bagay basta sobra, hindi na maganda ang resulta. i hope you don't get me wrong, i'm just honestly speaking out my mind

+100

I dont promote illegal substance, but I condemn bad attitude.
Be responsible lang sana para sa mga gustong gumamit at maglasing.Di nman kasi kayo mapipigilan kung talagang gusto nyo yan.
Ganun pa man, kung hindi natutuwa yung mga tao sa paligid nyo sa ginagawa nyo, tigilan nyo na yan, o humanap kayo ng ka uri nyo. Huwag naman mamerhuwisyo ng ibang tao.

Franco, your avatar looks yummy
! :wink:
 :-D
So Be It.

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2007, 11:56:24 AM »
whoawww.....yeah..play it straight man..cheers to the guys who posted and replied there views on this topics..yeehaa :wink:

Offline greysky

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2007, 02:11:04 PM »
well disciplined members of the band is what we aim for.

ok tong thread na to 101%.
not just for the drummers but for all.

"If you can't accept losing, you can't win!"

Offline manson

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 02:20:58 PM »
If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? RrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrEAL [strawberry] high on drugs.
-Bill Hicks-

:-D :-D :-D
power in numbers!!!

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2007, 01:25:15 AM »
wow,
that was very inspiring sir jp,

siguro sobrang nagstruggle ka dati kung pano nagquit sa mga bisyo mo dati,

how did you manage to get through it?

hi zoundtech..thanks for askin man...well the transition is hard because it became a part of my everyday routine before..and i thought it would be the solution for my depression but i was totaly wrong..its a good thing i have my music with me...those times i was put in a  house where the people im with is only my lola and my maid..hahaha..my room doesnt have anything execpt my drums and a playstation one..man it was my music and drumming who gave me a new rhytm in life that time...life with drugs is totaly
hell and i would be back on that anymore.... :wink:..siguro kaya din nangyari yun sakin because later on i would help people on that sitaution naman....cheers man..and thanks again for you question

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2007, 04:27:05 AM »
In regards to drinking and drumming, you guys might want to go back to this old thread...

How does drinking affect your playing?
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,38656.0.html

8-)

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2007, 12:20:45 AM »
amen to that dragon man!!

ibig sabihin ba nun hindi ka na umiinom bago tumugtog?  :lol:

i still drink man before playin..pero this time its red bull and not anymore red horse hahaha...ginaya ko din style ni sensei anotny dio..i eat chocolates before playin..nakaka boost pare..sarap..try mo hehehe :wink:

drumergirl

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2007, 12:24:48 AM »
hey bro drumster please allow me to post this even just for a short time..cheers :wink:

well i hate long post so i would make this straight and simple hehehe :wink:

after keeping quiet for the past few weeks since i left the pearl camp..i just got the flow on my blood to continue this long overdue project of mine...

playin it straight...have we realized how many drummers we idolized that we lost due to drugs and alcoholism...my drumming idol John Bonham could have still kick ass on the drums till now if hes not that alcoholic...

keeping healthy is the best way for us to create that beautiful rythm..not just on the drums but on our everyday life....do you think playing stoned or drunk will make you play those super grooves?..well think again

i aint no killjoy here or a tryin to be clean person..i myself is a former drug user before and a drunken master as well haaha..i posted this to help if there is any drum bros out there who is dependent on this things already and wants to get out of that lifestyle..pm, txt call or visit my jihad place and lets talk about how to get out of that life and create a new groove in life... :wink:..i msyelf was able to get out of it..so im sure you can too... :wink:

life is beautiful with drumming..drugs and alcholism breaks that rhtym, or even the hearts of your loved ones or friends..play it straigth and healthy my brother and you'll see that new groove in you :wink:

(ps..i didnt say drinking beer or any alcohol is bad oki....just know how to control it...but if you cant control it anymore..then better yet STOP it hehehe :wink:)

yah, i think so too..but a couple of joints wudn't hurt. but not before a show..After a show maybe..I'll be free then...... :wink:

Offline franco

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2007, 12:41:09 AM »

i still drink man before playin..pero this time its red bull and not anymore red horse hahaha...ginaya ko din style ni sensei anotny dio..i eat chocolates before playin..nakaka boost pare..sarap..try mo hehehe :wink:

el chokolate?! i do that too! weird kasi it makes you feel happy after one bar. and the boost? swabe lng, ganado pero kalmado. medyo malakas sumipa ang red kabayo, i drink a bottle of san mig light and massacre a choco-loco bar before i play. twix to be specific
if you can't join them, beat them!

Offline cymor

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2007, 04:56:06 PM »
wow tahts TRUE!

ung iba namatay sa accident db?

c Jeff Porcaro...he accidentally inhaled a pesticide...tapos nalaman niya na allergic xa dun...tama ba?
"No crab shall witness my downfall for I will always be victorious" - aaroncymor

Offline fredzs

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2007, 05:40:15 PM »
Excellent Wisdom from an Excellent Drummer.

Kudos JP!  :-)

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2007, 05:42:35 PM »
wow tahts TRUE!

c Jeff Porcaro...he accidentally inhaled a pesticide...tapos nalaman niya na allergic xa dun...tama ba?

dude palagay ko hindi na nya nalaman later  :-D

jok jok

RIP jeff porcaro, my idol

Offline cymor

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2007, 05:45:28 PM »
wow tahts TRUE!

dude palagay ko hindi na nya nalaman later  :-D

jok jok

RIP jeff porcaro, my idol

haha! oo nga noh sir?! wah! ...bka nalaman nya after life...wah! joke lng din! :-)
"No crab shall witness my downfall for I will always be victorious" - aaroncymor

Offline Bammbamm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2007, 05:47:44 PM »

el chokolate?! i do that too! weird kasi it makes you feel happy after one bar. and the boost?

Really?...I guess thats why I crave for chocolates whenever winter comes and get depressed....It peps me up. :-)

So Be It.

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2007, 11:30:13 PM »
wow tahts TRUE!

Info from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Porcaro):

"Jeff Porcaro suffered a fatal heart attack on August 5, 1992 at the age of 38. He was using a pesticide in his yard and an allergic reaction to the substance triggered the attack. An autopsy revealed a serious heart condition that had been previously undiagnosed. A report issued by the office of the Los Angeles County Coroner a month later also mentioned that a minute trace of cocaine was found in his body."

Speaking of the late great Jeff Porcaro...  Malapit na ang death anniversary niya.  It's just sad that he's gone too soon.  Rest in peace, idol.

Offline cymor

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2007, 07:26:23 PM »
wow tahts TRUE!

Info from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Porcaro):

"Jeff Porcaro suffered a fatal heart attack on August 5, 1992 at the age of 38. He was using a pesticide in his yard and an allergic reaction to the substance triggered the attack. An autopsy revealed a serious heart condition that had been previously undiagnosed. A report issued by the office of the Los Angeles County Coroner a month later also mentioned that a minute trace of cocaine was found in his body."

Speaking of the late great Jeff Porcaro...  Malapit na ang death anniversary niya.  It's just sad that he's gone too soon.  Rest in peace, idol.

aun! alam ko na sagot...thx po sir! :-)...If Jeff Porcaro is still alive, andami pa nung contribution na maibibigay...

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2007, 12:36:29 AM »
hey bro drumster please allow me to post this even just for a short time..cheers :wink:

well i hate long post so i would make this straight and simple hehehe :wink:

after keeping quiet for the past few weeks since i left the pearl camp..i just got the flow on my blood to continue this long overdue project of mine...

playin it straight...have we realized how many drummers we idolized that we lost due to drugs and alcoholism...my drumming idol John Bonham could have still kick ass on the drums till now if hes not that alcoholic...

keeping healthy is the best way for us to create that beautiful rythm..not just on the drums but on our everyday life....do you think playing stoned or drunk will make you play those super grooves?..well think again

i aint no killjoy here or a tryin to be clean person..i myself is a former drug user before and a drunken master as well haaha..i posted this to help if there is any drum bros out there who is dependent on this things already and wants to get out of that lifestyle..pm, txt call or visit my jihad place and lets talk about how to get out of that life and create a new groove in life... :wink:..i msyelf was able to get out of it..so im sure you can too... :wink:

life is beautiful with drumming..drugs and alcholism breaks that rhtym, or even the hearts of your loved ones or friends..play it straigth and healthy my brother and you'll see that new groove in you :wink:

(ps..i didnt say drinking beer or any alcohol is bad oki....just know how to control it...but if you cant control it anymore..then better yet STOP it hehehe :wink:)

yah, i think so too..but a couple of joints wudn't hurt. but not before a show..After a show maybe..I'll be free then...... :wink:

hi there..well as i said i dont want to sound like a killjoy here..as long as you know how to control it and it benefits then let it be.. :wink:..ciao

Offline Cris

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2007, 12:06:54 PM »
up natin ang ganitong kagandang post hindi dapat binabaon sa limot...

Offline bulog

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2007, 04:24:20 PM »
Buti na lang I don't drink hehe.

Very inspiring po Sir JP.

Offline cs_mapper

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2007, 01:14:18 AM »
hehe kala ko it's about playing grooves.

so don't be gay be straight ahihihi!

peace to all gay drummers!!!

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2007, 01:08:02 PM »
Buti na lang I don't drink hehe.

Very inspiring po Sir JP.

hahaha..cheers bulog..eto mas inspire pa nga ako coz i have a drummergirl na for me hahaha :wink:

Offline Bammbamm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2007, 03:45:30 PM »
^^^ @ JP:

Sya ba yung kasama mo nun sa Purple Haze, loverboy?  :-D
So Be It.