hulika

Author Topic: Delay Pedal Reviews  (Read 73107 times)

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Delay Pedal Reviews
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2010, 01:07:50 AM »
I don't think it's a good idea to put a delay pedal in a TBP looper. I've seen others complain of the mechanical ticking sound of the 3PDT switch of the looper. Napapasama sa delay. Pag tapak mo sa looper to engage it, yung click niya becomes part of the first delay repeats. Sa umpisa lang naman, but it's bothersome to some. hehe.

True. It happens. If the looper was built properly, it won't. Based on experience. I'll try it again with different loopers. Local and imported. All I need now is a smaller delay pedal.  :evil:
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2010, 01:10:44 AM »
True. It happens. If the looper was built properly, it won't. Based on experience. I'll try it again with different loopers. Local and imported. All I need now is a smaller delay pedal.  :evil:

LOL!!!! do you really need a new delay pedal just to test the looper?  :roll: :roll:

Gas man is good.  :lol: haha. Digitech Hardwire delay gets the job done for a good priced delay pedal that is TBP.  :-D

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2010, 01:19:53 AM »
LOL!!!! do you really need a new delay pedal just to test the looper?  :roll: :roll:

Gas man is good.  :lol: haha. Digitech Hardwire delay gets the job done for a good priced delay pedal that is TBP.  :-D

Nope. A used one is ok. lol.

I think Boxedking has to specify how much abot kaya is.
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2010, 05:40:11 AM »
I have one of these Guyatone MD-3's.  It's as simple as I want my delays to be.  Current draw is also ridiculously low.  And something about it makes the lead tones 'jump' out in the mix.  If you see these things in the classifieds, make sure to pull the trigger and try it!

Cons which may put some people off.  It's not true bypass (but the buffer's good), it's digital (made to sound analog), and it can be bright/too harsh for some setups.

GMD review:
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2010, 05:56:39 AM »
Nope. A used one is ok. lol.

I think Boxedking has to specify how much abot kaya is.
ABOT KAYA = sagad na 5k.
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline Herlock Sholmes

« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2010, 06:02:53 AM »
diminishing sounds.. meaning decay? if that's so, analog delay :-)

@cayle: sure thing  :-D

Thanks!  :-) I'll look for one.

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2010, 06:06:47 AM »
ABOT KAYA = sagad na 5k.

dd3 swak d'yan pero kung gusto mo tbp,
baka gusto mo check jmorrero's antala, meron na si maxi, madaling setup lalo na kung pang solo  :lol:

carbon copy hindi ko masyadong gusto,

artec delays? swak din, yan lang naiisip ko sa range na yan  :lol:

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2010, 06:19:42 AM »
dd3 swak d'yan pero kung gusto mo tbp,
baka gusto mo check jmorrero's antala, meron na si maxi, madaling setup lalo na kung pang solo  :lol:

carbon copy hindi ko masyadong gusto,

artec delays? swak din, yan lang naiisip ko sa range na yan  :lol:
may delay din pala si jmorrero. gotta check that out!

mas gusto ko yun warmness ng subzero add analog delay kesa sa CC. mas malagkit.

as for the artec, nilaglag ko na sa list ko yun.  (no pun intended sa mga artec users) :-D
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2010, 06:59:43 AM »
may delay din pala si jmorrero. gotta check that out!

mas gusto ko yun warmness ng subzero add analog delay kesa sa CC. mas malagkit.

as for the artec, nilaglag ko na sa list ko yun.  (no pun intended sa mga artec users) :-D

gusto ko din kumuha ng antala kaya lang hindi ko magagamit sabay yung 2 delay hehe  :lol:

Offline hance

« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2010, 08:26:33 AM »
I don't think it's a good idea to put a delay pedal in a TBP looper. I've seen others complain of the mechanical ticking sound of the 3PDT switch of the looper. Napapasama sa delay. Pag tapak mo sa looper to engage it, yung click niya becomes part of the first delay repeats.

I think depende sa 3pdt wiring.  There are 2 common footswitch wirings and yung second one eliminates (or at least greatly minimizes) the "click" effect.  I'll try it myself on my looper.

but it's bothersome to some. hehe.
yes yes yo!!! LOL
"Life will not break your heart, IT'LL CRUSH IT"
- Henry Rollins

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2010, 08:33:22 AM »
I think depende sa 3pdt wiring.  There are 2 common footswitch wirings and yung second one eliminates (or at least greatly minimizes) the "click" effect.  I'll try it myself on my looper.
yes yes yo!!! LOL

Cool. Thanks for the added info bro. Didn't know that the wiring played a role din sa "clicking" sound.  :-)

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2010, 07:34:48 PM »
As requested by Cayle, here's my take on the Way Huge Aqua Puss.
Review/comments some posts down :-D
Pics muna! :lol:

« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 07:55:56 PM by teleclem »

Offline renz13

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2010, 07:53:21 PM »
yes yes yo!!! LOL
led pop po ata yang sinasabi nyo po wala po sa wiring yun mag dadagdag po kayo ng components dun sa led side nung 3pdt  :-)

http://www.muzique.com/lab/led.htm
Transactions: yahoo!, sinosimelo, pentagram x, BossingBoss, masterchoxter, r_chino18, Souljp21, Xelly, Atomo, steliocore, allanfig, captcalamares, cenchria

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2010, 08:01:15 PM »
it came with a cool box. better than the usual all white ones :lol: so here it is.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:06:36 PM by teleclem »

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2010, 08:44:58 PM »
Pic heavy :lol:

There's a lot of great mid-range analog delay pedals out there now. And anyone wanting to get a new & decently priced analog delay is usually torn between three pedals at the $150 price point. That's the MXR Carbon Copy, the Malekko Ekko 616, & the Way Huge Aqua Puss MkII. All three are priced at roughly 150 usd (online price in the states). The following are my comments on the Aqua Puss (plus a brief comparison with the carbon copy).

It looks cool!  :-D of the three, this one has a lot of vibe in its looks. The cc and the 616 kinda look the same (rectangular shape). I like this anodized aluminum look. The pics don't do it justice. (Bagay sa tabi ng El Cap pati riot :-D )

I got hooked on the analog delay sound way back (years ago, one of my first encounters with analog delays was an old Ibanez analog delay. and i loved it!) I've always wanted to try this one out (before they came out with this reissue). But they were selling at klon prices!  :-P I waited for this ->Some people on foreign forums got this reissue and did a/b tests with the originals they owned and said that there was virtually no difference at all. I was sold. People also verified that John Mayer and Brad Paisley(his original got destroyed in a flood) used these reissues along with/instead of their originals.

This is really warm and.. musical. It sounds really full (not like a lot of delays I've tried/heard). The repeats decay just right. And the controls are pretty responsive. All in all, it's what an analog delay should be. Some people complain that it's only got 300 ms of delay, compared to the 600 ms that the 616 and cc have. I have to say that for my uses, it's enough. Can't imagine anyone using an analog delay at settings more than 300 ms unless you're going for something textural or experimental. You can use this for a great slapback sound, and some longer & really warm delay sounds. You can get some reverb-like echo tones too. Besides, when you set the cc at more than 300 ms, the sound isn't as great anyway.

This brings me to the comparison between this and the cc. Note that i didn't have them at the same time together. So i'll be going by memory. (I had the cc because i borrowed one to try it out. But i had it long enough to get to know the pedal & put it through its paces). The Aqua Puss kills it. As an analog delay pedal, the cc just doesn't measure up to it. The Aqua Puss seemed warmer, fuller, & more usable. The cc sounded pretty dark compared to this one (no, the ap isn't bright at all, I use it with singlecoils). The cc is also a tad bit muddier. Unless you really have to have modulation built-in with the delay, I don't see why the cc would be a better choice. The modulation on it wasn't very usable anyway, imho. Just use a separate pedal for modulation :-D

I haven't tried the 616, so I can't comment on that one. I'd imagine that it's better than the cc. Would be cool if I could a/b it with this one, but, for now, I'm happy with the AP.  :-)

Possible issues (not really issues to me, but it might be for some)
- It's got the jacks on top. I'm fine with that since I have a lot of space on my board. However, I do know that some people like them at the side.
- I think it takes up some more space than the cc. But it's not that big a difference.
- No modulation. Both the cc and the 616 have it built-in.

And the big knobs are cool! You can adjust them easily with your feet (well, maybe except for the feedback knob since it's wedged between the two bigger knobs)  :-D
This for simple echoes, slapback and the El Cap (malapit na! some more nights :lol: ) for other things. Win.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2010, 10:08:28 PM »
^^^

Nice review bro! Aqua puss.  :-) :-)

So I guess, next review would be the El Cap?  :evil:

Offline note4note

« Reply #166 on: November 13, 2010, 08:16:23 AM »
good read..i think im gonna go digital for my delay :-D

Offline .Geno.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #167 on: November 13, 2010, 01:01:07 PM »
There's a lot of great mid-range analog delay pedals out there now. And anyone wanting to get a new & decently priced analog delay is usually torn between three pedals at the $150 price point. That's the MXR Carbon Copy, the Malekko Ekko 616, & the Way Huge Aqua Puss MkII. All three are priced at roughly 150 usd (online price in the states).

I am.

You're review is very informative and honest, thanks a lot :wink:

Now, I've come up to this:

"Some people don't need over 300ms of delay. Exceeding from what's usual, then an analog delay isn't for you."

GAS! :lol:

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #168 on: November 13, 2010, 09:25:15 PM »
^^^

Nice review bro! Aqua puss.  :-) :-)

So I guess, next review would be the El Cap?  :evil:

thanks man! :-D it's a cool name for a delay haha

soon  :evil: pagdating. hopefully next week or next next week :-)

I am.

You're review is very informative and honest, thanks a lot :wink:

Now, I've come up to this:

"Some people don't need over 300ms of delay. Exceeding from what's usual, then an analog delay isn't for you."

GAS! :lol:

Thanks! Matagal din before I decided on this one. I think i listened to all the clips of the three, kahit yung mga nasa obscure na forums :lol: tempting yung cc/616 since a lot of people have them on their boards. but i'm glad i went with this one :-)

tama! i'd want something more complex kapag 300++ ms.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 09:26:18 PM by teleclem »

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2010, 09:31:26 PM »
@teleclem - How muhc? PM me.  :lol: I'm officially GAsing for it now. haha. Nice review! The loss of modulation is okay for me, since I wouldn't use it anyway. Also, 300ms is already too much for me.  :lol:

william251082

« Reply #170 on: November 13, 2010, 09:42:16 PM »
Pa-post nung sa 'kin ha, pag nagka time, gagawa 'ko ng demo

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #171 on: November 13, 2010, 10:24:38 PM »
@teleclem - How muhc? PM me.  :lol: I'm officially GAsing for it now. haha. Nice review! The loss of modulation is okay for me, since I wouldn't use it anyway. Also, 300ms is already too much for me.  :lol:

sure, pm kita :-D

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #172 on: November 21, 2010, 01:47:24 AM »
Review forthcoming

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #173 on: November 21, 2010, 07:48:30 AM »
^^^^

Yun na oh.  :lol:
Congrats bro! dumating na rin siya!

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2010, 11:54:59 AM »
thanks bro! :lol: still discovering lotsa great sounds in it :-)