hulika

Author Topic: -> tRiViAs AbOuT gUiTaRs & GuItArIsTs <-  (Read 46220 times)

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: -> tRiViAs AbOuT gUiTaRs & GuItArIsTs <-
« Reply #225 on: June 27, 2008, 10:06:35 PM »
ever wonder the most challenging guitar solo for slash?

in a "dear guitar hero:slash" feature of guitar world, he said its ESTRANGED.

:-)

Offline greenweenie

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #226 on: June 27, 2008, 10:36:11 PM »
here are the facts re the death of Clapton's son. pina hatid ng ex-wife  ni eric yng 8 year old son nila sa apartment niya sa London. Naiwan ng cleaning lady na nakabukas yung isang bintana...at ayun, nag ala Superman yung bata. 28th floor yata yun... Eric was so depressed w/ the tragic death of his beloved son that he didn't played for several years ...& when he came up w/ the song "tears fm. heaven" it became #1 in the music charts & won eight Grammy awards...

New York.

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #227 on: June 27, 2008, 11:05:19 PM »
sa NYC ba apartment ni Slowhand kung saan nag ala Superman anak niya? alam ko sa London eh... anyway, i might be wrong kasi halos isang decada na yun eh...

Offline greenweenie

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #228 on: June 27, 2008, 11:30:38 PM »
sa NYC ba apartment ni Slowhand kung saan nag ala Superman anak niya? alam ko sa London eh... anyway, i might be wrong kasi halos isang decada na yun eh...

Oo. Nakasulat sa autobiography ni Clapton.

Offline jiu-jitsu brasileiro

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2008, 11:58:20 PM »

yup, sa manhattan high-rise apartment yun.and mahigit isang dekada na.
nemo me impune lacesit

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #230 on: June 28, 2008, 07:08:14 AM »
Joe Satriani played for Deep Purple in the early 90's between Richie Blackmore's departure and before the band eventually took The Dixie Dregs' Steve Morse into the fold as a permanent member.

Video from 1994--Knocking At Your Back Door:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXag1wAemoU

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #231 on: June 28, 2008, 11:10:15 AM »
Joe Satriani played for Deep Purple in the early 90's between Richie Blackmore's departure and before the band eventually took The Dixie Dregs' Steve Morse into the fold as a permanent member.

Check out Satch & Morse trading licks playing "Black Night" w/ DP Live in 2004. Joe used one of Steve's Musicman Strats...

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #232 on: June 28, 2008, 04:58:40 PM »
billy gibbons anyone?

billy was jimi hendrix' favorite guitarist. he is known to play his guitar using a quarter, a peso as a pick resulting a distinctive sound.

:-D

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #233 on: June 28, 2008, 06:24:06 PM »
the story behind the guitar of B.B. King, Lucille.

he named the guitar after he played a show in a juke joint that caught fire and he ran in and grabbed the guitar. he reflected on how foolish that was and he decided only a man in love would act that way so he named the guitar after a woman.

---

the #0001 strat of david gilmour is NOT the first strat ever produced but it was made in june 1954. it has a special paint job, gold finish, and gilmour suspects it was a cust shop job with the special numbering included. he said it is the kind of guitar the separates the players from the wannabies and will never be sold.

---

malmsteen has a duck strat. its a 72 yellow strat and has a donald duck sticker on the headstock. malmsteen has played it on all of his albums and he is pictured with it often.

---

the NO.1 strat was vaughn's main intrument that had to be rebuilt often. he was very hard on his intruments. ever seen him live? he also used such thick gauge strings that his fingers would get cut up and he'd put superglue on the tips to keep playing! it was buried with him after his tragic helicopter crash in 1990. he was only 35.

---

eddie van halen built his famous frankenstein guitar and used throughout the 70s and early 80s. he used bicycle tape to create those famous designs on the body, the white and black stripes on a red finish. it has a kramer neck and sometimes is confused with a kramer but the body is from a strat.

---

Jeff Beck once had Rod Stewart as the lead singer of his band. He was also lead guitarist of the Yardbirds replacing Eric Clapton. Two of his notable albums have included the George Martin produced 'Blow By Blow' and the brilliant self titled 'Guitar Shop' in 1989.

---

David Bowie and Peter Frampton went to school together. The 15 year-old Bowie and the 12 year old Frampton would jam together, Bowie with his saxophone. The two would reunite much later when Frampton played lead on Bowie's 'Never let Me Down' album and subsequent tour.

---

Pink Anderson and Floyd Council, two American blues men, is where the band Pink Floyd formed their name. Syd Barrett, the main contributor to the bands early live success and also the brilliant 'Piper at the Gates of Dawn' album, increasingly became more and more mentally unstable. He would often stop playing in the middle of a gig, or go off on his own tangent. It got to a point where he was impossible to play with and was replaced by Gilmour.

---

Van Halen pioneered a technique that would become his trademark. The two-handed tap involves using fingers on the plucking hand (right hand for right handed guitar) to hammer-on, snap-off notes. These were often used on harmonic frets. You can hear an 'uncredited' Eddie Van Halen's solo work on Michael Jackson's 'Beat It' recording.

---

Part of 'The Who' guitarist Pete Townshend's live act was to smash a guitar up on stage. He first did this when he broke a guitar on a low ceiling while playing live, and continued the demolition as if he initially broke the guitar on purpose.

:wink:

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #234 on: June 29, 2008, 12:56:32 AM »

Jeff Beck once had Rod Stewart as the lead singer of his band. He was also lead guitarist of the Yardbirds replacing Eric Clapton. Two of his notable albums have included the George Martin produced 'Blow By Blow' and the brilliant self titled 'Guitar Shop' in 1989.

Speaking of which, here's the video to one of my favorite Jeff Beck songs:  People Get Ready

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2toIV2fQmwk

Offline greenweenie

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #235 on: June 29, 2008, 10:42:35 AM »
Speaking of which, here's the video to one of my favorite Jeff Beck songs:  People Get Ready

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2toIV2fQmwk

Jeff Beck moved to bass when Jimmy Page joined the Yardbirds. Then eventually Keith Ralf (rhythm guitarist) took up the bass leaving Jeff and Jimmy to do the dual lead guitar thing. Didn't last long though. Jeff left, and so did the others. The Yardbirds had dates left to fulfill so he asked the other Yardbirds if he could continue the gigs using the Yardbirds name. They agreed. Jimmy then got drummer John Bonham, bassist/keyboardist John Paul Jones and singer Robert Plant. Bonzo suggested that their music was heavy like a lead zeppelin. The others liked the name but decided to remove the a in lead because it might be pronounced like lead as in lead guitarist. Eventually, they became what we know as Led Zeppelin.

Oh yeah, if you think ripping off is rampant today, Led Zeppelin were the kings of stealing music from other people and not crediting them. But I still like them though.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #236 on: June 29, 2008, 10:51:39 AM »

eddie van halen did a cameo role sa early 1990s tv sitcom na "northern exposure".
nemo me impune lacesit

Offline kamote420

« Reply #237 on: June 30, 2008, 01:39:43 AM »

80's Mega Force Pink Floyd took their name from a little known 1960s English progressive rock band

this is wrong, Pink Floyd got their name by combining two first names of their favorite blues artists: Pink Anderson and Floyd Council

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #238 on: July 01, 2008, 06:27:24 PM »
the very first signature LP was jimmy page's! (i think) that was back in '93! :-)

Offline greenweenie

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #239 on: July 01, 2008, 06:55:15 PM »
the very first signature LP was jimmy page's! (i think) that was back in '93! :-)

No. The very first signature LP is the original Les Paul itself :-D Lol

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #240 on: July 01, 2008, 06:57:38 PM »
No. The very first signature LP is the original Les Paul itself :-D Lol

LOL! signature....errrr.....

Offline makaveli

« Reply #241 on: July 01, 2008, 07:16:21 PM »
half of guns n roses original members met each other through news ads
MoDUS ExPERIMENTUS ako

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #242 on: July 01, 2008, 07:21:53 PM »
half of guns n roses original members met each other through news ads

hmmm.. interesting.. im a big guns n roses fan, never crossed any articles of such.. :?

Offline Lahed92801

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #243 on: July 01, 2008, 09:04:39 PM »
lol, many people in the guitar community despise that Rolling Stone list... Eddie Van Halen at no. 70, Jack White at no. 17?? kalokohan  :lol:

And NO JAZZ GUITARISTS AT ALL? I MEAN, I CAN TELL YOU, more than 50 of those guitarists are influenced by Wes!

And NO SATCH, VAI, LANE OR EJ?

Bakit top ten, exclusively blues guitarists?

KALOKOHAN nga  :-D

Thank god John McLaughlin and Vernon Reid are there!

Offline el dorko

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #244 on: July 01, 2008, 10:47:06 PM »
And NO JAZZ GUITARISTS AT ALL? I MEAN, I CAN TELL YOU, more than 50 of those guitarists are influenced by Wes!

lol, I wonder what would happen if they didn't even put Jimi at no. 1  :lol:
www.youtube.com/jebspogi<br />www.soundclick.com/jebs<br />www.facebook.com/ginilingfestival<br /

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #245 on: July 02, 2008, 12:36:19 AM »

mike villegas has one. bigay sa kanya ng RJ guitars way back in 1995.
nemo me impune lacesit

Offline simon_divitico

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #246 on: July 02, 2008, 06:34:15 PM »

ganyan din yung naisip ko nung nakita ko yung list, pero hindi naman "best" ang nasa official title nung list, kundi "greatest".. so naisip ko iba ang tema ng list nila.. 
:-)  ako lang naman yun...  :-)
FS EPIPHONE LESPAUL STANDARD MIK P15K http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=297667.0

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #247 on: July 02, 2008, 07:16:43 PM »
Eddie Van Halen always knew he wanted to be a guitarist.

NOT!

At first Alex played the guitar and Eddie played the drums until the two figured they were better at each other's instruments.  :-)

Offline bacolodDYL

« Reply #248 on: July 23, 2008, 07:40:52 PM »
Slayer guitarist is a proud member of Anton Szandor LaVey's Church Of Satan.
He's probably the only true satanist in the group.

si Kerry King po ba o si Jeff Hanneman? Nabasa ko sa Ultimate-Guitar interview nila kay Kerry King hindi daw siya naniniwala sa Diyos o kay Satan....

Offline jmorrero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #249 on: November 01, 2008, 09:15:09 PM »
Jimmy "Jmorrero" plays blues electric guitar with a 1mm nylon rubber pick he's been keeping for years. he said "mawala na ang lahat wag lang ung pick."

more power to you sir! :-D

i still have the pick bro... ha ha ha. its 1.07mm nylon pick...