hulika

Author Topic: Elixir Strings..  (Read 6436 times)

Offline papotz

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Elixir Strings..
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2010, 11:12:48 AM »
Yung coating ng strings yung napupudpod at naghihimulmol.

^^^

usually sa part where we do our picking :roll:

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 11:15:30 AM »
i personally didn't like the elixir polyweb acoustic strings.  hindi lang siguro talaga bagay sa daliri ko.  the "himulmol" really bothered me.  got two sets from Tom Lee HK really cheap.  used one, sold the other. 

to each his own, i guess.  we all have different sets of fingers anyway.  :-D
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 12:48:33 PM »
^^^

usually sa part where we do our picking :roll:
And right above the fretwires. I don't think it they really muffle the strings, though. Bad trip lang talaga pag OC ka.

i personally didn't like the elixir polyweb acoustic strings.  hindi lang siguro talaga bagay sa daliri ko.  the "himulmol" really bothered me.  got two sets from Tom Lee HK really cheap.  used one, sold the other. 

to each his own, i guess.  we all have different sets of fingers anyway.  :-D
In most of the forums I've been into, people who didn't like Elixirs only tried the Polywebs.

I remember almost giving up on the sound of my Epiphone acoustic. My outlook turned around right after I put Elixirs on it. Maybe it's a coincidence, or maybe it really did help improve the sound to my ears. Who knows... Either way, I'm sticking with my present formula. Haha.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 01:27:55 PM »
In most of the forums I've been into, people who didn't like Elixirs only tried the Polywebs.

i'm sure the Nanowebs will sound and feel better but i just decided to stick to my EXPs since they served me well for the past 5 years or so.  :-)
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline LesBol

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 01:42:32 PM »
i'm sure the Nanowebs will sound and feel better but i just decided to stick to my EXPs since they served me well for the past 5 years or so.  :-)

It does sound and feel better  :-D

But I'm also an EXP customer for my 12-string. Hard to come by kasi ang Elixir 12s dito sa atin.

Offline papotz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2010, 01:51:37 PM »

^^^

they're almost the same in my opinion. a bit of a difference na hindi ko pa marinig masyado kasi talagang halos the same lang except sa coating :roll:

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2010, 02:25:38 PM »
I never tried Polywebs, so I really can't say for myself. But I'm guessing the difference is much more noticeable if you're very particular with your clean sound.

Offline papotz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2010, 02:46:24 PM »
^^^

true  :wink:

pero hirap pa din compare. i guess we're gonna need the same type of guitar with the exact specifications plus same amp same settings to really be able to compare :lol:

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2010, 03:46:32 PM »
one acoustic guitar will do just great. :-)

Offline papotz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2010, 04:20:11 PM »
^^^

great  :wink:

mukhang mahina na nga tenga ko hehehehe :-D

Offline zvexfuzz

• Netizen Level
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2010, 06:08:35 PM »
how do you compare the feel of this string sa ernie at d'addario?, mejo stiff kasi yung ernie at d'add madali mangalay kamay ko at  sa mga broken chords hirap magdiin, my action was fairly low. any comments on the feel..thanks or suggest a string thats not stiff specially sa bar chords at broken chords..thanks

Offline papotz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2010, 12:35:58 AM »
how do you compare the feel of this string sa ernie at d'addario?, mejo stiff kasi yung ernie at d'add madali mangalay kamay ko at  sa mga broken chords hirap magdiin, my action was fairly low. any comments on the feel..thanks or suggest a string thats not stiff specially sa bar chords at broken chords..thanks

^^^

incomparable  :lol:

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2010, 03:56:21 PM »
may elixir thread din pala dito... elixirs have their use, maganda yan on guitars w/ too much overtone and mid honk... para matame... I prefer john pearse and dr... dito sa pinas ok na ang d'addario, martin pbs ok na din kaya lang mabilis madeads...

Offline jmreyes

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2010, 04:48:56 PM »
Question. Do these Elixir strings retain their tone and tuning stability for the same span of time they retain their looks and feel? Just curious.
LF: Mojo

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2010, 05:58:35 PM »
kahit elixir may wear and tear din

Offline hamsterjamster

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2010, 10:00:12 AM »
i find them quite expensive..i use the regular d'addario exl110s..i change strings twice a year at the most..di naman kinkalawang basta napupunasan lang after every use. :)

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2010, 09:47:08 PM »
Question. Do these Elixir strings retain their tone and tuning stability for the same span of time they retain their looks and feel? Just curious.

pretty much so.

Offline region III

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2010, 11:21:04 PM »
dati Elixir nanoweb gamit ko but i switched to Cleartone. almost same price lang but with free t shirt. :-D.

cleartones are like silk not web on your fingers.