hulika

Author Topic: POST YOUR ESP,LTD,DEAN,WASHBURN,JACKSON and CAPARISON GUITARS  (Read 124344 times)

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: POST YOUR ESP,LTD,DEAN,WASHBURN,JACKSON and CAPARISON GUITARS
« Reply #375 on: January 17, 2013, 12:39:44 PM »
Ang ganda nito :D

Here's mine
ESP Eclipse II

Men, mas maganda yun sa iyo  :drool:
“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Offline Bondz

« Reply #377 on: January 18, 2013, 02:03:27 PM »
Finally learned how to upload pics here, anyhow here's my ESP Horizon NT II DBSB

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #378 on: January 18, 2013, 02:16:08 PM »
Finally learned how to upload pics here, anyhow here's my ESP Horizon NT II DBSB

Congratulations on that beauty bro! Happy new guitar day!

Very lovely flames on that top :)

I love this model: extremely accessible upper frets, solid fretboard feel, stable tuning due to the locking machineheads, and the stock SD pups really sound sharp and distinct! The playing is almost effortless because of the low action :)

Mine is a quilted top :)

FS: Effects Pedals, Blackstar HT5-R - http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=302374.0

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #379 on: January 18, 2013, 04:04:05 PM »

I love this model: extremely accessible upper frets, solid fretboard feel, stable tuning due to the locking machineheads, and the stock SD pups really sound sharp and distinct! The playing is almost effortless because of the low action :)

wow!! now that's a beaut! shoot it under a light. i just can imagine how beautifully rich the quilt will be.. :wave:
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline karl666

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #380 on: January 18, 2013, 04:11:13 PM »

Nakakainlove naman yang AXE mo bro! :)
references: sbalbaguio2006 , washburny , pentagram x , markv , tone thinker, r_chino18

Offline Bondz

« Reply #381 on: January 18, 2013, 04:47:20 PM »

Thanks bro, you have a nice one there too. bought mine from tom lee hongkong in 2011. I found it cheaper in tom lee than in US where they're selling it for 1700usd plus 13% tax and without the hard case.
I love its ringing sustain and the harmonics. restringing is so easy. i have mine replaced with dunlop strap locks, can't let this one slip and  fall. hehehe

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #382 on: January 18, 2013, 06:30:24 PM »
Thanks bro, you have a nice one there too. bought mine from tom lee hongkong in 2011. I found it cheaper in tom lee than in US where they're selling it for 1700usd plus 13% tax and without the hard case.
I love its ringing sustain and the harmonics. restringing is so easy. i have mine replaced with dunlop strap locks, can't let this one slip and  fall. hehehe

Strap locks! Yes I think this is an investment that absolutely needs a pair of those. Thanks for the idea :)

I have to agree on the restringing ease, since I have been used to floating bridges for quite a while. It's great to have an axe that can drop tune on the fly. And the playability is the best amongst the guitars I have had the pleasure of using.

I'm really glad I had the opportunity to own a Horizon NTII :)

PS: your photography skills are really impressive bro!

wow!! now that's a beaut! shoot it under a light. i just can imagine how beautifully rich the quilt will be.. :wave:

Thanks bro Rowley! But my shooting skills are similar to my haggling skills: both suck  :-(

Honestly I would prefer a flamed top over a quilted one. But I have learned to love this quilt  :-) The ESP standards have a thin veneer most likely similar to the Ibanez SP. But the finish is high gloss, relatively scuff resistant, and easy to polish. It's so shiny :money: 

Nakakainlove naman yang AXE mo bro! :)

Appreciate that bro! Had this guitar shipped from the US and I was praying everyday that she could reach our shores intact. Great that she made the transit safely.

And whenever I look at her, she makes me wanna play the guitar all day :) 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 06:38:43 PM by maruzen »
FS: Effects Pedals, Blackstar HT5-R - http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=302374.0

Offline jehed

« Reply #383 on: January 18, 2013, 06:31:21 PM »
My slime

and thats the fun i have though.

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #384 on: January 18, 2013, 08:10:40 PM »
^linis ah! very nice!

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #385 on: January 18, 2013, 10:33:53 PM »
My slime

Great looking top :)

Reminds me of an Edwards lemon-drop finish guitar I once had!

Rock on bro!

Cute pala nung mini-guitar sa taas nung hard case  :cute:

Offline mustaine_factor

« Reply #386 on: January 19, 2013, 09:33:42 PM »
Just sold my Jackson King V JS32T to my bandmate, so I have updated my gears.

Dean VMNT

Jackson Stars King V J2EK

Here is the entire family

Just read from somewhere (not in Philmusic) that na-uto daw ako ng PULP for paying that much just to have a few seconds photo op and autograph with Megadeth. The statement came from a non-guitar player if I am not mistaken. A guitar signed by Megadeth themselves that comes with a video and photo to prove its authenticity, is worth more than what I have paid for PULP. Anlakas manlait ng taong yun but oh well, I'll just shrug them off my shoulders, peace be with him.
Guitars: Dean Mustaine VMNT (SD Mustaine LiveWire), Jackson Stars Neck-Thru KV-J2K (EMG 81/60), ESP-LTD EX-400 (EMG 81/60 18v)
Processors: Line6 PODHD300, Line6 Floor POD
Amps: Line6 Spider IV 75 w/ FBV2 Footswitch

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #387 on: January 20, 2013, 12:53:03 AM »
Just sold my Jackson King V JS32T to my bandmate, so I have updated my gears.

Dean VMNT

Here is the entire family

Just read from somewhere (not in Philmusic) that na-uto daw ako ng PULP for paying that much just to have a few seconds photo op and autograph with Megadeth. The statement came from a non-guitar player if I am not mistaken. A guitar signed by Megadeth themselves that comes with a video and photo to prove its authenticity, is worth more than what I have paid for PULP. Anlakas manlait ng taong yun but oh well, I'll just shrug them off my shoulders, peace be with him.

Holy s---!!!

Autographed by Megadeth V!!!  :razz:

Congrats bro!

Actually mas nagandahan ako sa Jackson Stars mo, black V plus pointed Jackson headstock. Kaso autographed pala yung VMNT, kaya mas panalo 'to bro!

Yung nag-comment, pabayaan mo na lang yun. Wala naman sila sa position na mang husga, kagaya ng sinabi mo. Basta ang importante, masaya tayo!  :-D

Ok din yung LTD Explorer. Kaya lang lugi sya sa mga katabi nya  :lol:

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #388 on: January 20, 2013, 01:24:30 PM »
Strap locks! Yes I think this is an investment that absolutely needs a pair of those. Thanks for the idea :)

I have to agree on the restringing ease, since I have been used to floating bridges for quite a while. It's great to have an axe that can drop tune on the fly. And the playability is the best amongst the guitars I have had the pleasure of using.

Thanks bro Rowley! But my shootings skills are similar to my haggling skills: both suck  :-(

Honestly I would prefer a flamed top over a quilted one. But I have learned to love this quilt  :-) The ESP standards have a thin veneer most likely similar to the Ibanez SP. But the finish is high gloss, relatively scuff resistant, and easy to polish. It's so shiny :money: 

Appreciate that bro! Had this guitar shipped from the US and I was praying everyday that she could reach our shores intact. Great that she made the transit safely.

Look at the brightside... You still have a reason to buy a fm top one lol! Nonetheless that guitar is a beaut! I love quilts on bursts. I don't like it on solid colors.. :eek: And i just realized that ESP uses TOM with "-" type studs instead of the "o" that gibsons and other MIJs uses. No biggie. It's easier to adjust that way lol!

Offline SeafoodPancake

• Veteran Member
« Reply #389 on: January 20, 2013, 04:40:16 PM »

deym! Jackson Stars \m/
"got milk?" ,"got GAS?"

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #390 on: January 20, 2013, 06:56:37 PM »
Look at the brightside... You still have a reason to buy a fm top one lol! Nonetheless that guitar is a beaut! I love quilts on bursts. I don't like it on solid colors.. :eek: And i just realized that ESP uses TOM with "-" type studs instead of the "o" that gibsons and other MIJs uses. No biggie. It's easier to adjust that way lol!

Patay tayo jan bro -- mahal mga flame top MIJ guitars  :lol:

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #391 on: January 21, 2013, 12:41:07 AM »
Patay tayo jan bro -- mahal mga flame top MIJ guitars  :lol:

Flamed top eclipse or navigator naman!!

Offline karl666

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #392 on: January 21, 2013, 07:19:03 AM »
My slime

Nice Axe! Anyway, where did you buy the mini-guitar? Is it from axeheaven bro?
references: sbalbaguio2006 , washburny , pentagram x , markv , tone thinker, r_chino18

Offline jehed

« Reply #393 on: January 22, 2013, 11:51:56 AM »
Nice Axe! Anyway, where did you buy the mini-guitar? Is it from axeheaven bro?

Got it in a store somewhere in Boracay for 300 php hehe.

Curious about your avatar.. Do you surf in Baler?

Offline Bondz

« Reply #394 on: January 22, 2013, 05:39:59 PM »

Thanks bro Rowley! But my shooting skills are similar to my haggling skills: both suck  :-(

Did you purchased it online? You must have paid a lot for shipment, insurance, taxes, etc., i have never experienced buying guitar without trying it first, you never know what you'll get… its nice to hear that you received your horizon in perfect shape.
Ps. Re my photography skill- I don't have the talent, I just aim and shoot, hehe…thanks for the compliment.

here's another pic of her partly glowing under the sun, no wonder it is called a flamed top……

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #395 on: January 22, 2013, 11:05:12 PM »
Did you purchased it online? You must have paid a lot for shipment, insurance, taxes, etc., i have never experienced buying guitar without trying it first, you never know what you'll get… its nice to hear that you received your horizon in perfect shape.
Ps. Re my photography skill- I don't have the talent, I just aim and shoot, hehe…thanks for the compliment.

here's another pic of her partly glowing under the sun, no wonder it is called a flamed top……

that flamed Horizon top is just gorgeous :) and that sun shining on the guitar face, in stark contrast with the ebony fretboard makes the flame stand out much more!

as regards with my Horizon acquisition, it was more of luck of the draw. I did my homework and read as much as I could about the guitar. fortunately most people found the ESP Standard Series in general to be very good for their respective price points. the online reviews about the NTII are mostly favorable. the previous owner was also very transparent and helpful. anyway I just went for it! and after the insurance, PayPal, and shipping transactions have been completed, all that was left was the slow, excruciatingly agonal wait for the package to get here in one piece :)

but luckily she made it :) and I can count myself one of the lucky and satisfied ESP Horizon NTII owners :)

I guess that makes 2 of us here in this forum bro!

Offline karl666

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #396 on: January 23, 2013, 08:23:11 AM »
Got it in a store somewhere in Boracay for 300 php hehe.

Curious about your avatar.. Do you surf in Baler?

Ohh! Nice! Gusto ko din niyan! Hahahah

Yeah bro! Tsaka tiga dun ako! Hehehe. :)

Offline jehed

« Reply #397 on: January 23, 2013, 10:55:47 AM »
Ohh! Nice! Gusto ko din niyan! Hahahah

Yeah bro! Tsaka tiga dun ako! Hehehe. :)

Ayos pake! Ill be leaving manila tonight to surf til the weekend. Cmon!!!

Offline karl666

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #398 on: January 23, 2013, 12:15:49 PM »
Ayos pake! Ill be leaving manila tonight to surf til the weekend. Cmon!!!

Nice bro! Enjoy, Mura surfing jan. Di pa ako makakauwi eh. Baka MAY pa. Hehehe. Dito ako sa Manila nagwowork eh.

Offline p2ltronilogd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #399 on: January 28, 2013, 09:26:40 AM »
Nothing special though but since when I was in HS I always wanted an Explorer. So here's where my 13th month pay went.
An ESP EX-50 and awaiting to be upgraded with EMGs