hulika

Author Topic: MAX RUFO's Custom Guitars & Basses w/ pics!  (Read 1235481 times)

Offline bluesboy1216

Re: MAX RUFO's Custom Guitars & Basses w/ pics!
« Reply #1275 on: May 05, 2008, 09:34:24 AM »
i like the clasification of the FAB FOUR (ARIE,JON,MAX,JUN)made by prs man...lets just go to whoever we chooses to build our own guitar..we all have our points..some prefers the other..for me im glad that the FAB FOUR are all PINOYS! and im proud of it..lets just dont argue who is the best because they have their own specialties lets just be happy that our options have grown BIGGER..

and by the way yung custom guitar ni PAENGKEE is on the process na went their yesterday...hehehe
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 09:35:53 AM by bluesboy1216 »
Blues is aint just a music it's a collection of life experiences good or bad.

-SoulGer-

Offline Metal Gear Solid

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1276 on: May 05, 2008, 09:39:13 AM »
you have to take 2 things into consideration: eddie didn't make the guitar parts from scratch, they were "B" parts. in this day and age, you would be hard pressed to build a guitar for less than 200 bucks because the body blank alone is gonna be pricier than they were in the 70s. maybe in the Philippines you could build something like it for less than what you would in the US but it just ain't feasible for someone to fly halfway around the world to prove a point now, wouldn't it?

IMO, i am surprised that this thread and all the talk about this Rufo guy is still going strong. i am curious - why do people care so much about what firemodel thinks? if you paid a certain price for Rufo's guitars, why do you give a d@mn about what other people say if you are happy with your purchase? seriously. either these people are looking for some kind of subconscious affirmation for their purchase OR they are just looking to initiate some sh#t which will most likely turn into a cyclical argument. eitherway, both intentions do not serve any constructive musical purpose so why keep it going? i propose to lock this thread because it is just about as annoying as a lingering fart that doesn't seem to want to go away.

Or maybe they are just defending a guy who is down to earth and kind...who can't defend his work online. So those who have worked with Max jump in the line of fire for him. Same stuff really. Arie has firemodel, Jon has his loyal customers, same with Mang Jun. Maybe they give a damn just because they give a damn about what other people throw here.

Locked? Kawawa naman si Mang Max. Eto na nga lang thread niya. Just because of one guy who ruined other threads with the same arrogance and "special" way of putting things? Nah.

Offline deadlifted

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1277 on: May 05, 2008, 09:40:53 AM »
oo nga pala, nakita ko rin yung guitar ni paengkee nung bumisita ako nung sat. 3 ply na nung neck-thru yung na-glue together. 5 ply yung neck nung right?

i like the clasification of the FAB FOUR (ARIE,JON,MAX,JUN)made by prs man...lets just go to whoever we chooses to build our own guitar..we all have our points..some prefers the other..for me im glad that the FAB FOUR are all PINOYS! and im proud of it..lets just dont argue who is the best because they have their own specialties lets just be happy that our options have grown BIGGER..

and by the way yung custom guitar ni PAENGKEE is on the process na went their yesterday...hehehe
proud owner of Max Rufo custom guitars. call (02) 4427908

Offline bluesboy1216

« Reply #1278 on: May 05, 2008, 09:44:27 AM »
oo nga pala, nakita ko rin yung guitar ni paengkee nung bumisita ako nung sat. 3 ply na nung neck-thru yung na-glue together. 5 ply yung neck nung right?

yes sir nakabraces pa...gud thing din pinakita sakin ni mr max meron na sya choices ng MAPLE so gud news na din to para satin

eto yung akin nuon (AMBER)

eto na ngayon wala pa hardwares

by the way before it receives criticism this guitar is by my own specs and measurement..
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 09:48:22 AM by bluesboy1216 »

-SoulGer-

Offline markLAKANDULA

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1279 on: May 05, 2008, 09:48:50 AM »
ayus yan..may maple na.. :-D

Offline deadlifted

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1280 on: May 05, 2008, 10:00:53 AM »
Does he use polyurethane or just the "regular" paint?

natanong ko na:

sealer - polyurethane
paint - polyurethane or urethane depende sa choice mo
topcoat - dati polyurethane pero ngayon urethane na ang gamit niya
proud owner of Max Rufo custom guitars. call (02) 4427908

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1281 on: May 05, 2008, 10:59:20 AM »
I think he-who-must-not-be-named has too much money and too much gear that he has some stuck up in his ass... Maybe this is why he's so anal about these things... A hihihihihi  :-D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 11:01:26 AM by bluenote »

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1282 on: May 05, 2008, 11:01:42 AM »
Or maybe they are just defending a guy who is down to earth and kind...who can't defend his work online. So those who have worked with Max jump in the line of fire for him. Same stuff really. Arie has firemodel, Jon has his loyal customers, same with Mang Jun. Maybe they give a damn just because they give a damn about what other people throw here.

Locked? Kawawa naman si Mang Max. Eto na nga lang thread niya. Just because of one guy who ruined other threads with the same arrogance and "special" way of putting things? Nah.

way, way too much drama for me but if you have the stomach for it and the patience, sure go ahead and champion the cause. i don't know max or any of the other local luthiers but i am sure they are nice guys in their own right but the "arrogance" that you speak of characterizes how every single other thread similar to this has started, has gone about and will inevitably continue: a circle of people doing one guy "justice" while another tries to assert his view otherwise, a vicious circle of he-said-who-to-whom. all i am saying is people shouldn't listen too much to what downplayed comments firemodel says if Rufo's workmanship and quality say otherwise. the man doesn't build guitars so what difference does it make what his opinion says if you - as a happy customer - are happy with your purchase?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 11:05:05 AM by abyssinianson »
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1283 on: May 05, 2008, 11:04:40 AM »
way, way too much drama for me but if you have the stomach for it and the patience, sure go ahead and champion the cause. the "arrogance" that you speak of characterizes how every single other thread similar to this has started, has gone about and will inevitably continue: a circle of people doing one guy "justice" while another tries to assert his view otherwise, a vicious circle of he-said-who-to-whom. all i am saying is people shouldn't listen too much to what firemodel says if Rufo's workmanship and quality say otherwise. the man doesn't build guitars so what difference does it make what his opinion says if you - as a happy customer - are happy with your purchase?

I agree why care so much about you know who...  :-D

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline markLAKANDULA

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1284 on: May 05, 2008, 11:17:15 AM »
I agree why care so much about you know who...  :-D

+1,why care so much about of "whom we do not speak"??bwahaha

Offline Metal Gear Solid

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1285 on: May 05, 2008, 11:22:45 AM »
way, way too much drama for me but if you have the stomach for it and the patience, sure go ahead and champion the cause. i don't know max or any of the other local luthiers but i am sure they are nice guys in their own right but the "arrogance" that you speak of characterizes how every single other thread similar to this has started, has gone about and will inevitably continue: a circle of people doing one guy "justice" while another tries to assert his view otherwise, a vicious circle of he-said-who-to-whom. all i am saying is people shouldn't listen too much to what downplayed comments firemodel says if Rufo's workmanship and quality say otherwise. the man doesn't build guitars so what difference does it make what his opinion says if you - as a happy customer - are happy with your purchase?

Haha nope I don't have the patience for it (that's why you don't see me around here much, but Im a very happy customer) but I got your point! True that.

Offline rad_12

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1286 on: May 05, 2008, 12:42:21 PM »
nice my maple na si mang max, sama ko na sa listahan ko yan. sana meron pa siyang stock until next month. more power kay mang max  :-)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1287 on: May 05, 2008, 12:57:47 PM »
you have to take 2 things into consideration: eddie didn't make the guitar parts from scratch, they were "B" parts. in this day and age, you would be hard pressed to build a guitar for less than 200 bucks because the body blank alone is gonna be pricier than they were in the 70s. maybe in the Philippines you could build something like it for less than what you would in the US but it just ain't feasible for someone to fly halfway around the world to prove a point now, wouldn't it?

IMO, i am surprised that this thread and all the talk about this Rufo guy is still going strong. i am curious - why do people care so much about what firemodel thinks? if you paid a certain price for Rufo's guitars, why do you give a d@mn about what other people say if you are happy with your purchase? seriously. either these people are looking for some kind of subconscious affirmation for their purchase OR they are just looking to initiate some sh#t which will most likely turn into a cyclical argument. eitherway, both intentions do not serve any constructive musical purpose so why keep it going? i propose to lock this thread because it is just about as annoying as a lingering fart that doesn't seem to want to go away.

I disagree, i don't think its fair bro. Firemodel55 should start another thread for  his favorite luthier... Me at least for sure will not give him a taste of his own medicine. I promise you :-)

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1288 on: May 05, 2008, 01:53:46 PM »
I disagree, i don't think its fair bro. Firemodel55 should start another thread for  his favorite luthier... Me at least for sure will not give him a taste of his own medicine. I promise you :-)

i don't quite follow. so you won't give him a taste of his own medicine and be passive instead or you will you give him a taste of his own medicine and fight it out? it is counter productive to keep a thread open yet be passive like you seem to be implying, you know? eitherway, more power to whatever it is that you promise to do. like i asked MGS earlier, maybe you (or someone else) have the stomach and patience for all this hooplah because i sure as hell don't. good luck.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1289 on: May 05, 2008, 02:27:39 PM »
i don't quite follow. so you won't give him a taste of his own medicine and be passive instead or you will you give him a taste of his own medicine and fight it out? it is counter productive to keep a thread open yet be passive like you seem to be implying, you know? eitherway, more power to whatever it is that you promise to do. like i asked MGS earlier, maybe you (or someone else) have the stomach and patience for all this hooplah because i sure as hell don't. good luck.

sir, may I speak plainly na lang po.. kasi I cannot possibly speak in behalf of other guys here who are already annoyed with him. at least for myself, I can assure you and everyone else here that I will not give bad comments should he opt to start another thread.   :-) i hope I made myself clear po :-)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 08:32:06 AM by slowhandpal »

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1290 on: May 05, 2008, 03:39:44 PM »
sir, may I speak plainly na lang po.. kasi I cannot speak in behalf of other guys here who are already annoyed with him. at least for myself, I can assure you and everyone else here that I will not give bad comments should he opt to start another thread.   :-) i hope I made myself clear po :-)

yeah. cool lang is the way to go. as long as happy ka na customer kay Rufo, oks na yun at it does him justice as a luthier to have a lot of happy people as his clients.

Offline bluesboy1216

« Reply #1291 on: May 05, 2008, 04:24:56 PM »
yeah. cool lang is the way to go. as long as happy ka na customer kay Rufo, oks na yun at it does him justice as a luthier to have a lot of happy people as his clients.

hell yeah like me im happy with what he made for me and to a point that i dont need to shell bundles of hard earned money just to get what i need..right george  8-)

me isa pa ko papagawa flying v made of KORINA ...yahoo
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 04:29:08 PM by bluesboy1216 »

-SoulGer-

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1292 on: May 05, 2008, 04:48:08 PM »

thanks a lot sir :-)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1293 on: May 05, 2008, 04:56:03 PM »
hell yeah like me im happy with what he made for me and to a point that i dont need to shell bundles of hard earned money just to get what i need..right george  8-)

me isa pa ko papagawa flying v made of KORINA ...yahoo

kakainggit, mukang madami naipon friend ko

tjoinkz

« Reply #1294 on: May 05, 2008, 05:36:15 PM »
Up!

Mang Max is the best

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1295 on: May 05, 2008, 06:12:21 PM »
Up!

Mang Max is the best

i agree with you sir. for the price he is the best..Meron din tao dito na magdidisagree jan to the point na lahat na ng tao eh maaasar..hahahah

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1296 on: May 05, 2008, 06:24:06 PM »
For me it's like this, it's your money guys and you have all the right on how you want to spend it. Nobody has the right to feed you with doubts on your decision.

I have tried the services of Jun Castro, Mightek, and Mang Doro. Add to that they are good friends of mine. But never did I push their work in the mouths of others.

Again the most expensive gear in the world is useless in the hands of Winnie The Pooh!
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1297 on: May 05, 2008, 06:58:10 PM »
I've been reading this thread.

Someone said "All local luthiers are great..."

Someone reacted with ".... Nope, some are way better than others"

Could we just leave it at that?  Maybe he just didn't like the sweeping generalization.  It's an opinion.

Move on people.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline tejadster

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1298 on: May 05, 2008, 07:23:56 PM »
Again the most expensive gear in the world is useless in the hands of Winnie The Pooh!
see it in action...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 07:53:45 PM by tejadster »

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1299 on: May 05, 2008, 07:47:08 PM »
Does someone need to play well in order to have killer gear?  :?