hulika

Author Topic: MAX RUFO's Custom Guitars & Basses w/ pics!  (Read 1242797 times)

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: MAX RUFO's Custom Guitars & Basses w/ pics!
« Reply #2250 on: September 12, 2008, 08:23:29 PM »
no signs of a bass that looks like a reverse iceman?

It's there. He's working on it too.

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2251 on: September 12, 2008, 08:24:30 PM »
i think that sg belongs to sir russel (godofwar/intolerant)

N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2252 on: September 12, 2008, 08:28:09 PM »
you mean this sir?

:-D

This belongs to a jazzer.  It's one of the guitars that we have to watch out for 'cuz it'll have engraved signs on its body & headstock.

Offline ghostalker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2253 on: September 12, 2008, 08:30:03 PM »
meron nga pla ako nakitang body ng isang LP. gagawin daw itong LP custom (black beauty), gurl daw may-ari. nakalimutan ko kunan.
God Bless!
Rockin' for Jesus 

Offline humbucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2254 on: September 12, 2008, 08:33:49 PM »
This belongs to a jazzer.  It's one of the guitars that we have to watch out for 'cuz it'll have engraved signs on its body & headstock.

now i remember, AFAIK it's a hybrid electric/bass guitar. the first 4 strings are electric guitar strings and the other 4 are bass strings. hindi lang ako sure sa string count  :lol:, plus alam ko custom fabricated ang bridge nito.  :-D
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 09:26:47 PM by humbucker »

Offline rfe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2255 on: September 12, 2008, 09:20:04 PM »

i don't think that's a prs copy, i can't see the headstock, pero sa picture na katabi, if that's what i think it is then it is not a prs (sa point of view ko based on the pic)

my dimensions were that of a prs se custom, flat top nga lang, so mang max has to improvise on the carvedtop for those who want one.

as for the tremonti copy i saw, hindi rin yan un. it has a 2pc mahogany body, and it's very distinct kasi ung color ng wood is darker than in the pic, plus the body contour is also exact single cut na prs look. and the neck, it was supposed to have a provison for the trussrod. in this pic, it seems like there's no trussrod provison yet.

very nice guitar bro, what exactly is it?

tama ka sir.  from the picture, you can tell that it's an unusual design. i just wanna show the beautiful maple top before the finishing touches.  now, we have something to look forward to in the next few weeks.  abangan nyo na lang! :-D  oh, it's a jazz guitar btw..

@lateralis- you're right sir!  & that jazzer is fusionenigma...  lagot ako ngayon kasi pinost ko to.  :lol:

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2256 on: September 12, 2008, 09:34:02 PM »
now i remember, AFAIK it's a hybrid electric/bass guitar. the first 4 strings are electric guitar strings and the other 4 are bass strings. hindi lang ako sure sa string count  :lol:, plus alam ko custom fabricated ang bridge nito.  :-D

Iba pa ata yun bro. :-)

Offline rad_12

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2257 on: September 12, 2008, 09:38:28 PM »
yung isang neck ba sir 4 yung butas sa taas tapos 3 sa baba?

looks like ebony fretboard....hmmm....i wonder kung kanino nga yan....pero check ko pagpunta ko sa shop ni mang max...

i recognize that one kasi  :-D
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 09:43:52 PM by rad_12 »

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2258 on: September 12, 2008, 09:43:04 PM »

tama ka sir.  from the picture, you can tell that it's an unusual design. i just wanna show the beautiful maple top before the finishing touches.  now, we have something to look forward to in the next few weeks.  abangan nyo na lang! :-D  oh, it's a jazz guitar btw..

@lateralis- you're right sir!  & that jazzer is fusionenigma...  lagot ako ngayon kasi pinost ko to.  :lol:

it looks promising bro. ganda siguro nyan if maple ung body and neck!

another achievement na naman for mang max. with these kind of designs and the everyday repairs he encounter, lalong na eenhance and naiimprove ung craftsmanship ni mang max. it's good he is up to the challenge, besides he learns a lot from us din, naaaply nya ung mga natututunan nya sa ibang repairs in the course of time.

kaya nga i would say, nothing is impossible with him, mapa fabrication ng accessories to custom made and repairs, he really can make a difference, plus the price is reasonable talaga. lately nga lang lag ang trabaho dahil sa medical problem ng mother-in-law nya, plus the high volume of repairs and all. and his workplace really needs some restructuring.

btw nun nakausap ko sya on pups, he told me he has an active pups on the works. he was even contemplating on using 2 pups na magkapatong, parang double the cycle ng wires ang main concept pero 2 pups daw. i dunno if he is going to fabricate a bobbin for this pero it would look double...sounds doable naman basta si mang max!

well other than the good things he has done to my gtrs, i owe him big time in learning how to wire and solder pups. just by looking at his craft (electrician by profession), natuto din ako magsolder and magwire hehe.  :-D

:evil:

yung isang neck ba sir 4 yung butas sa taas tapos 3 sa baba?

i recognize that one kasi  :-D

yan na ba ung 7string mo bro, nakita ko na ung design nyan when i went there. i must say it deserves a place in mang max's top ten if there is one :evil:
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline humbucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2259 on: September 12, 2008, 09:46:51 PM »
Iba pa ata yun bro. :-)

ayy siguro nga, sorry kung nagkamali ako.  :-)

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2260 on: September 12, 2008, 10:14:35 PM »

Sabi ko pa naman kay Mang Max magpapaturo ako whoever that guy is on Youtube playing Max's tele, & that guy, happens to be the owner of that jazz guitar on process.

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2261 on: September 12, 2008, 11:15:03 PM »
Sabi ko pa naman kay Mang Max magpapaturo ako whoever that guy is on Youtube playing Max's tele, & that guy, happens to be the owner of that jazz guitar on process.

[/quote

un pala ung nabanggit mo nun dude

OT: finalize ko pa ung mp3 file ha, di ko mahanap un audacity e. pm kita pag nasend ko sa email!
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2262 on: September 12, 2008, 11:35:13 PM »
it looks promising bro. ganda siguro nyan if maple ung body and neck!

another achievement na naman for mang max. with these kind of designs and the everyday repairs he encounter, lalong na eenhance and naiimprove ung craftsmanship ni mang max. it's good he is up to the challenge, besides he learns a lot from us din, naaaply nya ung mga natututunan nya sa ibang repairs in the course of time.

kaya nga i would say, nothing is impossible with him, mapa fabrication ng accessories to custom made and repairs, he really can make a difference, plus the price is reasonable talaga. lately nga lang lag ang trabaho dahil sa medical problem ng mother-in-law nya, plus the high volume of repairs and all. and his workplace really needs some restructuring.

btw nun nakausap ko sya on pups, he told me he has an active pups on the works. he was even contemplating on using 2 pups na magkapatong, parang double the cycle ng wires ang main concept pero 2 pups daw. i dunno if he is going to fabricate a bobbin for this pero it would look double...sounds doable naman basta si mang max!

well other than the good things he has done to my gtrs, i owe him big time in learning how to wire and solder pups. just by looking at his craft (electrician by profession), natuto din ako magsolder and magwire hehe.  :-D

:evil:

yan na ba ung 7string mo bro, nakita ko na ung design nyan when i went there. i must say it deserves a place in mang max's top ten if there is one :evil:

Oy Vince! Maluwang na kina Mang Max! I went there a couple of weeks ago & nagulat ako haha! Pwede na magjam sabay inuman na rin!  :-D

I'm happy rin he's getting better over time. Yep, he's open din for opinions.

I'll get a couple of those pickups din Vince! I'll replace one of my guitar's pickups.
I'll ask help din how to solder properly, di kasi ko marunong & I plan to make my own patch cables para laking tipid.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 11:42:30 PM by lateralis »

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2263 on: September 12, 2008, 11:40:26 PM »
makikigulo lang guys.... yung prs tremonti inspired dun, officemate ko nagpagawa, hindi sya forumite. actually its a mixture of an epiphone les paul ultra (chambered kase sya, more on the weight aspect, not so much on the tone) and obviously tremonti signature guitar sa graphics / finish. sensya na, dont know the correct guitar lingo for those. dapat may trem bridge nya kaso hindi ganon kaganda kalalabasan ng graphics so ginawa ni mang max na string through. yun, atat n nga kami makuha yung gitara. hopefully next week daw tapos na. will post pics pag ok na.

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2264 on: September 12, 2008, 11:45:10 PM »

un pala ung nabanggit mo nun dude

OT: finalize ko pa ung mp3 file ha, di ko mahanap un audacity e. pm kita pag nasend ko sa email!

Sana nga pumayag sya Vince, I really wanna learn jazz.

Sige, PM mo lang or send it to my email add ha?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 11:52:54 PM by lateralis »

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2265 on: September 12, 2008, 11:50:27 PM »
makikigulo lang guys.... yung prs tremonti inspired dun, officemate ko nagpagawa, hindi sya forumite. actually its a mixture of an epiphone les paul ultra (chambered kase sya, more on the weight aspect, not so much on the tone) and obviously tremonti signature guitar sa graphics / finish. sensya na, dont know the correct guitar lingo for those. dapat may trem bridge nya kaso hindi ganon kaganda kalalabasan ng graphics so ginawa ni mang max na string through. yun, atat n nga kami makuha yung gitara. hopefully next week daw tapos na. will post pics pag ok na.

Cool! We'll watch out for it. :-)

Offline jeromelitos

« Reply #2266 on: September 13, 2008, 10:55:06 AM »

yup its sir tyrone nagmeet na kami kay mang max pero sabi nya sa friend nya daw yun..
i dont need sex! the government FCuks me everyday!

Offline bluebossa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2267 on: September 13, 2008, 12:29:07 PM »
@lateralis- you're right sir!  & that jazzer is fusionenigma...  lagot ako ngayon kasi pinost ko to. 

- mukhang "abe rivera" type yung jazz guitar. :-)

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2268 on: September 13, 2008, 08:41:08 PM »
yup its sir tyrone nagmeet na kami kay mang max pero sabi nya sa friend nya daw yun..

Sana forumite din.

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2269 on: September 14, 2008, 03:39:02 AM »
@lateralis- you're right sir!  & that jazzer is fusionenigma...  lagot ako ngayon kasi pinost ko to. 

Uy bro! Sana nga pumayag e, I wanna learn jazz from him as well.
By the way, how's your Elegee Custom? Ganda nun ah!  :wink:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 03:44:55 AM by lateralis »

Offline rfe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2270 on: September 14, 2008, 12:28:22 PM »

sakto sir!  inspired by that design and pat martino.

OT:
@lateralis - forumite din sir.  i dont think there's any problem with him sharing his knowledge about jazz..  the problem is his busy sched as he's gonna be a doctor soon.

Offline rad_12

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2271 on: September 14, 2008, 01:06:49 PM »
sino pupunta sa shop ni mang max ? pupunta ako maya hehe...check ko lang yung gitara ko

Offline bluesboy1216

« Reply #2272 on: September 15, 2008, 11:42:43 AM »
wala pa yung kay miko??excited ako makita eh..ganda nung jazz guitar ah..
Blues is aint just a music it's a collection of life experiences good or bad.

-SoulGer-

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2273 on: September 15, 2008, 11:51:35 AM »
6 strings pero the nut is 2-inch fat.

yup it's an abe rivera inspired guitar. will post vid clips as soon as it's finished.  :-)

ah! thanks for the correction fusionenigma... i'll watch you and abstract jam soon...  :-D
[

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2274 on: September 15, 2008, 02:44:08 PM »
ei guys, is swamp ash body for a custom PRS type good enough? ok kaya kung patungan pa yun ng maple?