hulika

Author Topic: My teenage wet dreams...  (Read 3156 times)

Offline iyzburg

My teenage wet dreams...
« on: August 09, 2007, 08:08:18 AM »
Yup, I was in my teens during the band-blow-outs during the 90's. I was second year highschool when I heard, for the first time, what rock was: Metallica's black album. Oh man... I fell in love with it. Teachers and classmates belched out their tongue and said, 'mashado maingay! kakasakit ulo!'. Well, yeah, my head hurt too... from head banging, and I didn't know it was called as such. I just bobbed my head excessively to the beat of the songs, so my head hurt.

And the guitar playing was one of the thing that took me. Soon, I was introduced to names like Hammett, Vai, Satriani, Petrucci... Oh, it was like, "fingers could actually do that???? So while my classmates where busy masturbating and having wet dreams of girls, my passions where on a thing so sexy, with a very long neck, and with formidable screams: guitar.

Too bad we didn't have the money to spend on me learning to play like that. I drooled with envy with them kids I saw learning and soon, playing good. So what happened was, all I learned was playing chords. My teen dream muddled with economic reasons, but the fire was still there deep inside.

Fast forward: I'm working at this government office, and during my internet surfing I came across Kristofer Dahl. He said you need not have talent to learn how to play good, but you need to have time to practice, and yes, a guitar. And soon, my desire to play the guitar burned again... soon, I found myself holding a beginner's guitar pack: an Ibanez GAX70 (yep, it's a Gio, don't laugh), and and Orange Crush 10 practice amp. The great guy whom I bought it from told me to hang out here at philmusic.

So here I am. A noob in many sense: technical and, uhh, forumical...  :roll:
Deut 11:13 ...love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul...

Offline panterica

Re: My teenage wet dreams...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 08:37:37 AM »
welcome to philmusic! don't forget to visit the classifieds forums to get that GAS going, enjoy!
I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"

Offline suspendead

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 09:46:40 AM »
Welcome to PhilMusic... Music is a passion and that is what you have right now and its never too late to learn... Try to vist the musicians forum and check out Guitar Central. You'll learn a lot from that place when it comes to guitars... Enjoy always and have fun...

Again...

Welcome to PhilMusic...
" I HEAR VOICES AND THEY DON'T LIKE YOU "

Offline rennell

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 10:35:15 AM »
welcome! :-)

Offline bitusan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 01:08:24 PM »
welcome sir. :-D

Offline axebass26

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 02:58:41 PM »
welcome...
omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis........
http://axebass26.multiply.com .....
 GAS LIST:  WARWICK ROCKBASS CORVETTE $$ 5string  EBS Micro Bass 2 Preamp  MONO Gig Bag

Offline michiko.airashii

• i'm a girl
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 03:56:31 PM »
welcome to philmusic iyzburg! keep practicing and you'll be a master in no time!   

Offline rednef

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 07:14:21 PM »
welcome & keep on rockin' :-)

Offline drummer_boy17

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 07:20:29 PM »
welcome to philmusic
FLY FAST PHOTOGRAPHY: Click Here

Offline bluz_boi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 03:51:30 AM »
nobela :-D welcome

Offline uno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 08:24:43 PM »
welcome to philmusic and enjoy :lol:

Offline ARIS

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 10:56:37 AM »
passion never dies... welcome!

Offline brianb

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 12:47:09 PM »
I found myself holding a beginner's guitar pack: an Ibanez GAX70 (yep, it's a Gio, don't laugh)

The GAX70 is a good guitar! No need to be ashamed of it. It has some of the old Ibanez Artist AM/AR-series vibe. I would not mind owning one, if I didn't already have two guitars already.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 12:49:22 PM by brianb »

Offline iyzburg

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 08:48:06 AM »

The GAX70 is a good guitar! No need to be ashamed of it. It has some of the old Ibanez Artist AM/AR-series vibe. I would not mind owning one, if I didn't already have two guitars already.

Ya, I know. It's just that some guys give 'em gears a bad rep they don't deserve. Anyway, it's my mistake siguro. Most of those 'guys' are comments I had read over UG and HC... anyway, it's good I'm back 'home' in here, were brown-skin rockers give good credit to gears sounding okay, spending okay...
Deut 11:13 ...love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul...

Offline cookie taylo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 10:12:25 PM »
welcome
BASS GUITAR FREAK!!!!!!

Offline artful_dodger

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 11:15:43 AM »
Hey iyzburg i have a GAX 70 as well the black one :). It's also my first electric guitar, not bad huh? anyhow,here's the catch - i don't play good. nyahaha anyhow welcome here :)

Offline cookie taylo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 02:39:42 PM »
welcome po....
BASS GUITAR FREAK!!!!!!