hulika

Author Topic: MultiEffects Unit Thread  (Read 137396 times)

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: MultiEffects Unit Thread
« Reply #300 on: September 17, 2008, 10:56:09 AM »
onga
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline paolo_axentro

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #301 on: September 17, 2008, 12:44:51 PM »
How bout if we compare a Boss-GT6 and a Boss GT-8? Is there a really big difference sa basic sound nya like distortion, delay, chorus, phaser, wah and the like? or are they just the same pro may mga added features lng yung GT-8? I've never had any experience with using a multi-effect kc. Actually Im a drummer but have started to play guitars for our band. Im planning to buy a boss GT-6 but If I have the money, I'll go for a GT-8. kaso lang mga 4-6K yung difference nya. And that 4-6K can already be used to upgrade my guitar. What do you think?  :-)
may mga nadagdag lang sa gt8. pero ayus gt6. konti lang naman nadagdag sa gt8.

Offline Angst_Ridden

« Reply #302 on: September 17, 2008, 11:02:31 PM »
Thanks sa mga nagreply.  :-) And about sa guitar upgrade, later nlng cguro. More on physical/cosmetic upgrade lng kc. Save up nlng muna ako for a GT-8...or maybe a Boss ME-50 will suffice? Anyway, tnx :)

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #303 on: September 18, 2008, 02:28:39 AM »
ok pala ang Korg AX1500g sa acoustic guitar. sinubukan ko sa SXDG25 ko. swabe....  :-D    nagulat sa tone na pwedeng gawin.
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline calculon

• Veteran Member
« Reply #304 on: September 18, 2008, 10:36:28 AM »
boss me-50 nalang
boss na
sulit ang presyo
astig ang tunog
madaling gamitin
 :-D :-D :-D
your hormones control you!!!

Offline Angst_Ridden

« Reply #305 on: September 20, 2008, 01:17:55 AM »
onga

Offline child309

MultiEffects Unit Thread
« Reply #306 on: September 20, 2008, 01:53:03 AM »
kadalasan ba pagmatagal na un  multi nagkaroon ng defects? like on-off vice-versa? :?

Five years na AX1500G ko isang beses ko plang pinagawa. Yung mga apakan nupudpud daw kasi madiin pag apak ko. Iba nadin yung power supply ngyon pero diko alam kung bakit nasira yung original power supply.

Offline deadlifted

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #307 on: September 20, 2008, 02:16:41 AM »
naga-GAS ako sa Line6 M13!!! ang sarap siguro magkaron nun!
proud owner of Max Rufo custom guitars. call (02) 4427908

Offline jiu-jitsu brasileiro

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #308 on: September 20, 2008, 09:57:46 AM »
ok pala ang Korg AX1500g sa acoustic guitar. sinubukan ko sa SXDG25 ko. swabe....  :-D    nagulat sa tone na pwedeng gawin.

sinubukan ko din sa acoustic 12-string ko. ang laki ng ginanda ng tunog compared sa direct plug sa amp and reverb lang.
nemo me impune lacesit

reycantong

« Reply #309 on: September 20, 2008, 11:38:05 AM »
naga-GAS ako sa Line6 M13!!! ang sarap siguro magkaron nun!

Line6 M13 and Line6 X3 pro= The Best!!

Offline deadlifted

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #310 on: September 20, 2008, 12:01:02 PM »

hehehe! M13 lang ako. i don't like Line 6's amp sims. :-)
proud owner of Max Rufo custom guitars. call (02) 4427908

reycantong

« Reply #311 on: September 21, 2008, 10:29:01 AM »
I heard that may parang switch issues ang X3, na their switches tend to come of or fall off???

i haven't tried the x3 pro floor pod. yun cguro yung may switch issues. wala naman ako problem sa x3 pod pro (rackmount). i'm using my line6 floorboard controller to control the x3 pod pro.

william251082

« Reply #312 on: September 21, 2008, 01:06:21 PM »
ang pangit ng distortion ng m13 na-try ko na, kung wala lang distortion mode un bibilhin ko na sana eh.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #313 on: October 17, 2008, 10:57:56 AM »
mukhang join uli ako sa MFX/digital modeling club in my quest for a lighter, all in one rig.

depends on your needs.

compared to the GT-8, the XT Live is a more accessible recording machine (thanks to USB support and the Gearbox software). the XT Live also has a better pallette of amp and cabinet simulations and it might still continue to grow as Line 6 continues to support the device with different sorts of upgrades. but if you want better control of effects and the signal chain, the GT-8 is the way to go. it can be a tweaker's dream.

people are free to contest. but the way i see it, the XT Live is an amp and cab sim platform that happens to have other effects and geared very much towards USB recording. while the GT-8 is skewed more towards being a true effects platform.

tend to agree. ever since, yan din ang dinig ko.

XTL = the most features and the best for recording
GT8 = great as true multi-effects box
Tonelab = most realistic, warm, analog/tube-sounding. has the best FEEL.

i might get a Tonelab soon (an LE naman this time).

here's a question though:  WHO ACTUALLY GIGS REGULARLY WITH THEIR MODELERS?  have you tried others to compare?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 10:59:20 AM by deltaslim »

Offline mikeeboy

« Reply #314 on: October 17, 2008, 11:34:03 PM »
bought the tonelab LE a few weeks ago, great tone feel, so what they say was true  :-D what i like about is how it cleans up rolling your volume knob down, just like a tube amp in which i prefer rather than switching to a clean tone patch
are you tryin to be an OAs?

Offline pizarro84

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #315 on: October 18, 2008, 03:21:04 AM »
Sakit sa mata ng display ng GT10, sarap papalitan ng orange nung backlight  :-P pinalitan pa kasi color scheme eh.. wala lang comment lang po  :-D

Offline kinko

« Reply #316 on: October 18, 2008, 04:22:56 AM »
meron ako yung old school naa ibanez guitar multi processor. with tube screamer. hihi. worth it!! dig nyo PT3 DX. old skul rock!!
Kunyari may maganda kang nabasa dito... yun ang signature ko. ^_^

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #317 on: October 18, 2008, 05:15:33 AM »

i might get a Tonelab soon (an LE naman this time).

hey joric, what's difference between the LE and earlier models? i'm thinking of getting one myself. I am currently using an XTL for top 40 gigs and recording, but i wanna get an LE so i can leave that in vegas. Ang hirap magbitbit sa greyhound eh.
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #318 on: October 24, 2008, 01:43:39 AM »
I got a Pod XT Live from a trade. Sobrang solve. Ganda pa sa amp. Basta basahin mo lang sa manual kung paano iset-up!!

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #319 on: October 24, 2008, 09:51:30 AM »
hey joric, what's difference between the LE and earlier models? i'm thinking of getting one myself. I am currently using an XTL for top 40 gigs and recording, but i wanna get an LE so i can leave that in vegas. Ang hirap magbitbit sa greyhound eh.

jon - sorry for late reply...

i hear the LE has more processing power, obviously one less pedal, but more importantly better output tweaking options -- whether for amp, powered speaker/monitor or PA. there are more options on selecting the output type  and can tap into an eq to adjust for the mix, room, etc.

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #320 on: October 24, 2008, 10:17:25 AM »
sir, magkano score nyo? =D
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!

Offline zero711

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #321 on: October 24, 2008, 10:39:25 AM »
Just recently got a Boss Me-33 via trade. I'm using a hybrid setup, connecting the Me-33 to a Boss DD3, A Sansamp Clone and a Boss SD1.

Read through the forums that the multieffects sucks down the tone of the analog pedals which is true. Confirmed it by using the bypass function of the Me-33 and comparing the bypass tone to the hybrid tone.

So in order to fix the situation, i used the EQ effect of the Me-33 and tweaked the EQ settings to bring back the lost tone which was sucked by the ME-33 and VIOLA! as if i was using straight analog pedals.

Modulations are really good, im currently using the delay, phaser, chorus and flanger modulations, sounded really solid. Distortion and The Amp Simulator sucked as hell.

Took me time to figure out the thing but once you got it, its like your bringing 4 stomp boxes with you.

Haven't tried it out at gigs but as of now, i'm really loving the Boss ME-33, really a good buy!

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #322 on: October 24, 2008, 04:18:00 PM »
Habol ko lang sa Multi is yung amp and cab modelling and yung effects then analog peds na all the way. Great thing bout modellers is that it does wonders to small amps and malaki talaga pagbabago sa sound. Wanna get the Tonelab LE rin kaso hampaslupa pa rin ako sa ngayon bwahaha!!!

Offline fenderfanatic

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #323 on: October 26, 2008, 03:12:08 PM »
Hello everyone! 1 post ko dito :-D I had my share of MFX last one was a AX1000G which I sold last month.

Now I'm looking at the M-Audio Black Box, any feedback from this unit?

Dami ko tuloy na-discover dito like the Zoom G7-G9 and Tonelabs.

TIA!

Offline ispaks

« Reply #324 on: October 26, 2008, 05:56:36 PM »
Got a Boss GT-10 yesterday! So far so good! :)
Music is a language. Learn to speak it and then really say something!

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,145039.0.html