hulika

Author Topic: The "deltaslim vs. firemodel55" thread  (Read 30156 times)

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
The "deltaslim vs. firemodel55" thread
« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2007, 07:28:29 AM »
Tam,

Too late... Na post ko before I realized that you had deleted...

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2007, 07:29:56 AM »
Tam,

Just deleted it.  I hope you got my point.  Thanks for reading thru it though.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #177 on: August 18, 2007, 07:42:22 AM »

Deltaslim,

Pumayag na si Arie and Lito.  Also, I told Arie to ask to Nen to cater.  Do your share ang pay for your own portion.  Thanks.

I've decided not to un-necessarily add any more publicity than you already create.  But this takes the cake. Lito texted me the other day saying this whole thing you're dragging them into was just a big pain. "Nadamay pa kami" was what he said. 

Now dinamay mo pa ang wife ni Arie, utusan mo pa magpa-cater?  Even though I'm not responsible, I'm certainly ashamed that fine people like Nenen has to be involved.

You are the one coming up with these crazy sideshows, so you are responsible for them.  I've good and ready to engage you in a shootout since the other day until Dec 30.  That's all that matters.  But you have to have it your way so just go on concocting your production number, taking gtr lessons in preparation, and getting acquainted with all the bowteek gear you're dreaming of blowing people away with.

It really amazes me what stuff you'd do just to feed your ego. You've reached an all-time low. I'll wait for your new record-breaking feat.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #178 on: August 18, 2007, 07:49:38 AM »
BAMF,

Though I understand the need for a more scientific method, e.g. double blind test, it only is useful if people know what to look for.  Given that some do not know how to define what a good sounding guitar, or what a good sounding FX pedal or good sounding amp should be, scientific methods fall short.  In addition, since we are testing a guitar, majority of what a makes a magical guitar good has to do with personal feel i.e. I encourage people to bring their own amp and guitar set up that they are familiar with to test the Baker with their own hands.  I believe this is a superior test for a guitar. 

However, I do not discount that even a magical guitar will sound better to listeners.  For example, about a few Soul Bender gigs ago, some of the audience noticed how Baker#55 in Arie's hands sounded just right versus Tokai Tele in Arie's hands for the song Layla in comparison to the other guitarist.  But thats coming from the audience which has not yet been consistently established.  For info, Arie was plugged into a Yamaha Solid State combo with just a tiny hair of boost on a TS9 while the other guy had a loud tube amp with at least two boost/drive pedals engaged. 

We all now what kind of self-serving critic you are so I'll take this with a grain of salt...  but let me just say this:

Why not do a full report and describe how the Baker sounded majority of the time, in Steve's hands?  Arie used the Baker for about 3 or 4 songs.  Steve used it on more than a dozen and through a 59 Bassman at that! 

And how about describing it on its own terms in the context of the band and the musical styles covered, without adding side-remarks about other gtrsts?

Just a suggestion... which I'm sure you'll skirt also and talk trash instead.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #179 on: August 18, 2007, 07:51:57 AM »
Deltaslim,

I am paying for the catering except for your meal.  I know its a big pain for Lito and Arie.  Arie and Lito are good friends.  So, I had to ask a favor.  As I recall you are the one who wanted a sideshow preview on 17th and 18th.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #180 on: August 18, 2007, 07:55:33 AM »
Deltaslim,

Cool ka lang.  I qualified the statement:  But thats coming from the audience which has not yet been consistently established. 

I was addressing BAMF.  Please dont butt in.

Thanks.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #181 on: August 18, 2007, 08:02:50 AM »
Deltaslim,

What are you insinuating about Steve?  Personally, just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt, in the occasions where you did not lord it over volume wise,  Steve had tastier licks then you did.  Must smooth and calming ang dating niya. The guy is courteous enough because he could have easily overpowered you with his Bassman and Zendrive. 

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #182 on: August 18, 2007, 08:24:49 AM »
Deltaslim,

What are you insinuating about Steve?  Personally, just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt, in the occasions where you did not lord it over volume wise,  Steve had tastier licks then you did.  Must smooth and calming ang dating niya. The guy is courteous enough because he could have easily overpowered you with his Bassman and Zendrive. 

I'm not insinuating anything and don't, for a second, try and put words into my mouth cuz you'll pay for it.  Steve and I know each other well enough and long enough to talk objectively about these things. You on the other hand have a poor record at objective and intelligent discourse.

The point is that you are a biased critic so why should people trust you?  You do a review of a guitar and choose to review only the short time that your idol plays it.  How about when it was used by other people through other effects, other amps, for other songs, other styles AT THE SAME GIG?  Have you also established that you you have a good ear for blues tone as well?  Your choice of amps betray your bias and lack of background credibility on the subject.

How about other gigs or times when it was used by other people, like Miks?  How about if you repost his review. I had my own review but tamed it down cuz I know how sensitive and balat-sibuyas you are to any hint of negative feedback.  Well, enough of that.  You talk a lot of trash and it's the trashy truth that you'll get from now on.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 09:06:09 AM by deltaslim »

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #183 on: August 18, 2007, 08:49:36 AM »
I am paying for the catering except for your meal.

Haha... 3rd grade again!!   No need to feed me cuz I can pay for my own and it won't take long enough for people to go hungry before they realize what a self-promoting loser you are.

I know its a big pain for Lito and Arie. 

Yeah, I know cuz they told me.

As I recall you are the one who wanted a sideshow preview on 17th and 18th.

Haha... I suggest you prioritize English language lessons before the guitar lessons.  How can a side-show be a preview at the same time?  Kaya nga side e!

Besides, 17th and 18th were my own challenge to you for a scientific and unbiased shootout.  For the record, you didn't accept the challenge.  You chickened out.  You only the want were you can prepare long enough for a lutong macaw.  It don't matter cuz you'll still become the butt of jokes for all eternity.

Offline oloc

• Veteran Member
« Reply #184 on: August 18, 2007, 09:04:29 AM »

;

longest catfight in the making... 4.5 months to go!  :lol:

ano nangyari sir deltaslim? i thought 'graduate' ka na kay oas?

;

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #185 on: August 18, 2007, 09:08:08 AM »
Yun na nga eh pinapatagal pa eh... lets get it on nah!

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #186 on: August 18, 2007, 09:09:49 AM »

;

longest catfight in the making... 4.5 months to go!  :lol:

ano nangyari sir deltaslim? i thought 'graduate' ka na kay oas?

;

Good point, oloc.  And you're not the only one that has pointed that out. Daming nag PM at nag-txt sa akin that I'm only stooping down to the gutter. 

But what do we really have in this world except our name and our character, our dignity and credibility that extends to our family? Sori, tao lang din po ako. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 09:23:06 AM by deltaslim »

Offline oloc

• Veteran Member
« Reply #187 on: August 18, 2007, 09:17:18 AM »

Good point, oloc.  And you're not the only one that has pointed that out. Daming nag PM at nag-txt sa akin that I'm only stooping down to the gutter. 

But what do we really have in this world except our name and our character, our credibility? Sori, tao lang din po ako. 

yeah i feel your pain. but you, of all people must've already know:

oas is the center of the universe, moving around him are the planets.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #188 on: August 18, 2007, 09:24:31 AM »

But what do we really have in this world except our name and our character, our credibility? Sori, tao lang din po ako. 

yeah i feel your pain. but you, of all people must've already know:

oas is the center of the universe, moving around him are the planets.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

haha!  there's a lightbulb joke in there somewhere!  and something about katutubong orcs:-D

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #189 on: August 18, 2007, 09:29:40 AM »
Yup Mike has an ID.  I think its still YJMCowboy. 

Anytime, you can still borrow my amps.  Do you still have a house in white plains?

Yup, magkalapit lang tayo.  I miss the area.  I still remember the store sa kanto ng Pinesville and Katipunan where I used to buy yosi...  :-D

We're trying to visit this December, but di pa sure.  Kung makauwi ako, I'll definitely take you up on your offer to try out your amps.  There's no place in Dallas that's got a wide selection of amps.  There's one store with mostly Bogners and Dr Zs, and one with Zinkys and Riveras.  But that's about it.

When I went to Charley's, they had a bunch of great guitar amps there. Didn't find anything interesting there? I got a THD Hot Plate for $150 there, good place to GAS up :evil:
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #190 on: August 18, 2007, 09:38:24 AM »
Huy keep your cool guys.. Please avoid all the namecalling and stuff because that's what's causing discord here. Thanks :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #191 on: August 18, 2007, 09:51:24 AM »
oloc, bluenote, Deltaslim,

Just wait 4.5 months.  My terms on My time.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #192 on: August 18, 2007, 09:53:09 AM »
Oloc,

I am not the center of the universe.  If you don't like my posts you don't have to read them you know.

Offline Single Stroke Seven

« Reply #193 on: August 18, 2007, 10:00:09 AM »
Glassjaw,

A magical guitar for me is one where you just don't want to put it down because it sounds so nice hearing it and you cannot stop playing it because it plays like a dream -- almost no weariness at all in your hands.  Also magical because the guitar always comes up with surprises and gives different sounds relative to how you fret and pick the strings.  Finally, for some unexplicable reason, the guitar is inspiring.
i just realized ang babaw ko pala.

playing guitar itself is inspiring for me. which is why its all i think about. even when i'm at work. or when my boss is giving me "gentle reminders" kasi i was thinking about playing my guitar when i should've been thinking about what i was working on. or eating. or out watching a movie. or during those few minutes right before i fall asleep. and when i wake up in the morning, the first thought that enters my mind is "do i have time to pick up the guitar and play before getting ready for work?" basta. 99% of the time, when i'm not playing guitar, i'm thinking about it. yung remaining 1% is yung blissful moment sa toilet. but guess what? i almost always do my business while reading a guitar mag. :lol:

*sigh* i'm such a geek. i've been playing more than half my life now and ganto pa din ako.

Para palang ako! Only thing is, change the word "guitar" to SEX and change the words "guitar mag" to PLAYBOY!  :-D

Lighten up you guys!  :lol:
Just call me SSS...

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #194 on: August 18, 2007, 10:04:33 AM »
Deltaslim,

If you are not insinuating anything, please don't try to bring in the names of other people like Steve.  Thanks.

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #195 on: August 18, 2007, 10:09:46 AM »
oloc, bluenote, Deltaslim,

Just wait 4.5 months.  My terms on My time.

You say you are not the center of the universe and yet it has to be on your terms and on your time...

No offense Alex I just want to hear high caliber gear to be pitted against each other. Medyo exiting eh hehehe...

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #196 on: August 18, 2007, 10:17:49 AM »
No offense Alex I just want to hear high caliber gear to be pitted against each other. Medyo exiting eh hehehe...
you're not going to hear that. the guitars and amps are just going to sit there. until someone picks them up. but, even then, they won't even look at each other with bad intentions.

they're peaceful folks and they probably won't even know what's going on. :-D

Offline oloc

• Veteran Member
« Reply #197 on: August 18, 2007, 10:39:21 AM »
Oloc,

I am not the center of the universe.  If you don't like my posts you don't have to read them you know.

uy! suplado... binabawal mo makipag butt in si deltaslim sa usapan nyo ni BAMF tapos mangingialam ka sa usapan namin... besides, we're talking about oas, the Banned Bad Boy (B3?   :lol: )... you're not oas right? cause if you are, oas is still banned here AFAIK.

cool ka lang Firemodel55, masaya tong thread. wag sanang ma lock.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #198 on: August 18, 2007, 10:55:34 AM »
Deltaslim,

Cool ka lang.  I qualified the statement:  But thats coming from the audience which has not yet been consistently established. 

I was addressing BAMF.  Please dont butt in.

Thanks.

I'm also a believer in magic, so I suspend all my further opinions about till December 30.

Personally right now, my real opinion is, both of you could use a long big glass of cold iced tea each.

The die is cast, cool down till the appointed day, owkay ? :D 
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline andrew_O_O

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #199 on: August 18, 2007, 10:56:21 AM »
daming naman disagreements sa thread na to.... :-(