hulika

Author Topic: Elegee or USA made guitar???  (Read 139896 times)

Offline greatwolf

Re: Elegee or USA made guitar???
« Reply #850 on: October 11, 2007, 10:19:15 AM »
O, may legal trial portion na tong thread na to. Pang-Pinoy movies talaga! Ang kulang na lang eh.. May magkaamnesia! Hahahaha! :lol:

At saka kontrabidang may bigote...

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #851 on: October 11, 2007, 10:58:16 AM »
At saka kontrabidang may bigote...
"Dalaga na anak mo, MAMENG!"(Romy Diaz tone) :lol:

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #852 on: October 11, 2007, 11:04:03 AM »
Bago mag-song & dance number sa beach, may habulan muna with Alma Moreno. Tas yung halikan, sarado yung bibig. Tukaan lang na ismak.
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #853 on: October 11, 2007, 11:33:38 AM »
Bago mag-song & dance number sa beach, may habulan muna with Alma Moreno. Tas yung halikan, sarado yung bibig. Tukaan lang na ismak.
Kiskisan ng bibig.!hahahaha

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #854 on: October 11, 2007, 11:44:30 AM »
Oo, kiskisan ng bibig. :-D
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #855 on: October 11, 2007, 12:11:37 PM »
Have you ever heard of this rhetoric question...

"Can you hear the flames [in the maple top]?"

For me, a custom guitar is good if and only if the FINISHED PRODUCT satisfies you.  Iba-iba naman ang level of satisfaction ng tao, kaya doon pa lang can of worms na ang topic na ito.

Although I think, there is such a thing as BARE MINIMUM.  There is also such a thing as LAW OF DIMINISHING RETURNS when it comes to building a guitar.  How much would one guitar cost to maintain a certain level of consistency and *nice tone* (which is again relative)?  Consistency is NOT relative though.  It is either a production line of guitars is CONSISTENT or LESS-CONSISTENT, to NOT AT ALL CONSISTENT.

What makes these boutique guitar-makers charge so high?  It is the CONSISTENCY that these boutique manufacturers offer that you are after.  As for the TONE, you may or may not like one of them (price factor aside).  In a blindfold test, you may or may not like a Baker B3, not because the tone "sucks", but maybe because it is not your cup of tea.  Timbre is what we are very receptive to.  But as for "player response", I believe that this is less-subjective.  IMO, everyone wants a playable guitar.  Everyone wants a guitar that responds better to fingers.  Everyone wants notes to bloom. 

And imagine, the high-end luthiers reject up to 40% of the wood inventory.  And when there is no available wood to their liking, they have moratorium on manufacturing.

As for Elegee, I do believe he is not yet at the level of the high-end luthiers.  But for the price, should you be complaining?  Everything is a hit and miss thing for any guitar, except that with a custom Elegee, you are guaranteed not to sell it for a good price should you not become happy. 

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #856 on: October 11, 2007, 12:29:53 PM »
Have you ever heard of this rhetoric question...

"Can you hear the flames [in the maple top]?"

For me, a custom guitar is good if and only if the FINISHED PRODUCT satisfies you.  Iba-iba naman ang level of satisfaction ng tao, kaya doon pa lang can of worms na ang topic na ito.

Although I think, there is such a thing as BARE MINIMUM.  There is also such a thing as LAW OF DIMINISHING RETURNS when it comes to building a guitar.  How much would one guitar cost to maintain a certain level of consistency and *nice tone* (which is again relative)?  Consistency is NOT relative though.  It is either a production line of guitars is CONSISTENT or LESS-CONSISTENT, to NOT AT ALL CONSISTENT.

What makes these boutique guitar-makers charge so high?  It is the CONSISTENCY that these boutique manufacturers offer that you are after.  As for the TONE, you may or may not like one of them (price factor aside).  In a blindfold test, you may or may not like a Baker B3, not because the tone "sucks", but maybe because it is not your cup of tea.  Timbre is what we are very receptive to.  But as for "player response", I believe that this is less-subjective.  IMO, everyone wants a playable guitar.  Everyone wants a guitar that responds better to fingers.  Everyone wants notes to bloom. 

And imagine, the high-end luthiers reject up to 40% of the wood inventory.  And when there is no available wood to their liking, they have moratorium on manufacturing.

As for Elegee, I do believe he is not yet at the level of the high-end luthiers.  But for the price, should you be complaining?  Everything is a hit and miss thing for any guitar, except that with a custom Elegee, you are guaranteed not to sell it for a good price should you not become happy. 

Tone is hit or miss kahit sino pa ang gumawa nyang guitara...

Ang maasahan mo lang ay ang build quality at attention to detail...

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #857 on: October 11, 2007, 12:41:53 PM »
Tone is hit or miss kahit sino pa ang gumawa nyang guitara...

Ang maasahan mo lang ay ang build quality at attention to detail...
Tama ka dyan men. Like pedals for instance. Go to music store and test all of the DS1s on the shelf,meron talagang isang good sounding DS1 among the rest diba? FYI,pare-pareho pang components nakalagay jan.  :-)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 12:43:08 PM by kawayan_strat »

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #858 on: October 11, 2007, 01:05:30 PM »
Ang kahoy very unique yan sa isat isa...

There are no two guitars in the world that sound exactly alike...

Kahit pa parehong model, production year kahit parehong tao pa mismo gumawa d parin yan magkaka pareho...

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #859 on: October 11, 2007, 01:14:22 PM »
Ang kahoy very unique yan sa isat isa...

There are no two guitars in the world that sound exactly alike...

Kahit pa parehong model, production year kahit parehong tao pa mismo gumawa d parin yan magkaka pareho...

Mali ka dyan, bro...  Pare-parehas lang yan...

Pare-parehas lang yang pangit tumunog sa kamay ng taong di naman marunong tumugtog!!! 

:-D :-D :-D

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #860 on: October 11, 2007, 01:15:32 PM »

Pare-parehas lang yang pangit tumunog sa kamay ng taong di naman marunong tumugtog!!! 

Hahahaha tama ka jan oo nga naman hehehe!!!  :-D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #861 on: October 11, 2007, 01:27:30 PM »

Totoo ito.  It's the same reason why many are afraid of buying guitars sight unseen.  Even a custom guitar w/ handpicked everyting is not an assurance.  But there's one exception and it applies to the barong analogy before... If you know and trust your builder/sastre very well, malinaw ang communication lines and level ang expectations, you can more or less predict with accuracy kung ano lalabas sa gtr/barong mo.

But as for "player response", I believe that this is less-subjective.  IMO, everyone wants a playable guitar.  Everyone wants a guitar that responds better to fingers.  Everyone wants notes to bloom. 

True. Di madalas mapag-usapan ito cuz it's hard to describe in a few words, unlike timbre/eq/tone. Kaya parang under-estimated or overlooked tuloy ang aspect na ito.  Sometimes I use the term "intuitive" to describe this quality:  the guitar does what you expect it to do given a specific 'instruction' from your hands.

But I wonder, sinong builders ba ang magaling, or claim to be good, in terms of playability or player-responsiveness.  Is Baker one of them?  Sa acoustics madaling ma-determine e. But acoustics are much easier to evaluate in terms of tone and playability -- it's one whole system in a box.  An electric guitar is nothing without an amp and cable -- both of which have a huge impact on the final tone. 

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #862 on: October 11, 2007, 01:29:41 PM »

UY,wag naman kayong ganyan. Be kind to a.........s. :evil:

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #863 on: October 11, 2007, 01:31:23 PM »

.....incomming.......KKAAABBBOOOOOMMMM!!!   :-D :-D :-D
...the strong take from the weak...but the wise take from the strong...

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #864 on: October 11, 2007, 01:44:21 PM »
I also wanted to add , one thing you pay for with high end luthiers is their experience. We can all say we know what good tone is, but these guys have been consultants in tone for alot of successful artists. Some of them actually own 250k USD REAL 59 Les Pauls. It might be a stretch to you guys to imagine this ... but there is real value in the ears of the more experienced.

When you pay for a high end guitar, you are also paying for the luthiers ear and experience. Wehn you pay for a high end gibson, you are paying the shareholders  :evil:.

Offline greatwolf

« Reply #865 on: October 11, 2007, 01:51:37 PM »
"Dalaga na anak mo, MAMENG!"(Romy Diaz tone) :lol:

Sabay sisigaw yung babae "huwag po kuya"  :-D

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #866 on: October 11, 2007, 05:03:27 PM »

When you pay for a high end guitar, you are also paying for the luthiers ear and experience. Wehn you pay for a high end gibson, you are paying the shareholders  :evil:.
correct ka jan hahaha

Offline elegee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #867 on: October 13, 2007, 12:33:04 AM »
may bagong topic na naman???? eto hulaan natin pag natapos...kay anton to..eto muna post ko then yng mga bago pa...marami to pero kay anton na muna hehehe :-D :-D :-D

[/quote]

pag eto natapos tanungin natin si sir anton....waaaaaa  :-D gudluck skin. :-)
cel. no 09178288761 landline 7166665 add.4861 old sta. mesa st., sta mesa m.mmy map.jpeg

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #868 on: October 13, 2007, 01:01:27 PM »

Hurt naman ako sa inyo :D.

My guitars seem to be taunting me these days. Like "pot*** ano ba bos, puro power chords lang ba alam mo tugtugin sa min ??"

This is so pathetic. Even my guitars are rejecting me...
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #869 on: October 13, 2007, 02:41:11 PM »
Here's what's new at the Elegee Custom Shop...  :lol:

Jon at work hehehe...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 03:01:37 PM by bluenote »

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #870 on: October 13, 2007, 04:28:03 PM »

Jon at work hehehe...

gaganda naman
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER

Offline elegee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #871 on: October 13, 2007, 09:17:13 PM »
hahaha pinost mo na rin ha????? hehehehe  :-)
cel. no 09178288761 landline 7166665 add.4861 old sta. mesa st., sta mesa m.mmy map.jpeg

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #872 on: October 14, 2007, 03:55:29 AM »
ganda talaga ng camera mo bluenote
There is no tone. There is only music.

Offline ibysdad

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #873 on: October 14, 2007, 06:30:59 AM »
ang ganda ng kuha mo ng mga pics John Boy!!

good photographic skills at work!!  :-D

Offline enceladus19

« Reply #874 on: October 14, 2007, 06:59:47 AM »

Jon at work hehehe...

wahh!! ganda ng pagkakuha ah!

ganda rn ng tele!